[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Ok, after reading a translation of the preview of the 9, they tease that they slept together and Queen actually acknowledges it. Maybe it's a a red hearing though.

translation from yt :

Spoiler

translation of preview 9:

Q: I made a huge mistake

K: I'd have been heart broken if u couldn't remember anything like our first night.

Cousin: people even buy their social classes now a days. who knows if he changed his identity to commit treason.

Q (child): They are dead bcz I couldn't keep his secret.

K: Lets go on a field trip.

Man: isn't the king living off the kim clan who killed his family?!!

Q: ur words have gone far.

Man: who r u?

Q: I'm the member of king's fanclub!!

also the fact that she has give birth to a prince to gain power is also mentioned in this episode

Spoiler

Q – Hey, Hong Yeon, what should I do to have big power as Queen?

HY – You have one way. You make the prince.

Q – *gasp* That is not a good thing to say. *gasp* I have Soon Won!

HY – Who is Soon Won? That is a nice old fashioned name.

Q – The Queen Grandmother.

HY – *drops things*

Q – What do I do to make her happy?

HY – make a prince.

Q – Maybe jewelry….small, sparkly…pretty

source dramamilk

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

20 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

The late king, Cheoljong's father was Queen Dowager's (the one who is into shamanism) husband or son? Because I am a little bit confused here. 

the previous king was the queen dowager's husband. 

i dont think the previous king was cheoljong's father though. if i didn't understand it wrongly, the previous king died without an heir. cheoljong's family was initially on exile and he was put in this position by the andong kim clan.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

I don’t blame her being swept off her feet. Granted, I’ve watched less sageuk dramas than modern ones but I can’t remember the last time I was so taken by a man wearing a hanbok. It’s an exceptionally beautiful hanbok. And probably a beautiful man wearing it doesn’t hurt.

E2nWOqL.gif

d9Nw6LH.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 8
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, poopytubby said:

i dont think the previous king was cheoljong's father though. if i didn't understand it wrongly, the previous king died without an heir. cheoljong's family was initially on exile and he was put in this position by the andong kim clan.

Thank you very much. Now I understand everything :) Now I remember that this king was poisoned and Cheoljong's father was killed during the night from his nightmares. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

So I have watched episode 7 with subtitles and I still think that So Yong is gone. There was no sign of her when Bong Hwan's soul was bouncing between two bodies. As for memories it's not the first time when Bong Hwan was able to access So Yong's memories. But, you guys were right that there is no narration from Choi Jin Hyuk for now. Anyway, I really don't want them to go Oh My Ghost' s route. Because it's not right. It's not like you fall for one person and then you can immediately switch to another person just like that. Right, So Yong  saved the King in the past but in the present The King is falling for So Bong not So Yong. It's his peculiar behavior attracts him not So Yong's. And I am not saying that So Yong wasn't interesting and complex character but now we as viewers interact with So Bong not So Yong. And I feel emotionally connected with So Bong's character not So Yong's. Anyway, maybe I am overreacting here haha Can anybody help me understand something? The late king, Cheoljong's father was Queen Dowager's (the one who is into shamanism) husband or son? Because I am a little bit confused here. 

The thing is they haven't revealed who is who yet. With the voice over gone, what if this is So Yong who thinks herself as Bong Hwan, I've said this before. So, they can just reveal it at the end without changing anything from Chinese counter part. That way King falls for the Queen who sort of has a identity issue. Can Bong Hwan cook like he used to. If not, maybe it is truly So Yong?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

28 minutes ago, poopytubby said:

But as per wikipedia it is mentioned that the late king ( heonjong) was queen dowager's son  . I am confused

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, abc said:

I can't wait for the subs. I will have to wait to see how this played out in episode 9, because imo it would be kind of lame to play with her again as he did in the first episodes. Unless he quickly tells her that nothing happened they move on.

I read a comment that wrote the king said in the preview:

"If you say that you don't remember anything like our first night, I'll be really sad"

I dunno, I believe he was just bluffing. If he really did it that night it means he take advantage of her and eh in this drama he wasn't that type of guy.

It might be lame if he use the trick "we really did it but you just didn't remember" again but he need to pretends for his mission. He actually is inexperienced about sexual activity than So Bong. He didn't even slept with Hwa Jin yet and Bong Hwan is a playboy in the modern time LOL

But who know, maybe the screenwriter dare to be bold because this is on the TVN?

Guess we have to see if So Bong will get pregnant. If she get pregnant after this, that means he really did it that night.

credit to the owner

Spoiler

In the Chinese version there was another bed after this and at that time they both were sober. 

I really can't stop replying their kiss at the end of this episode.

Their kiss is not like other normal romance couple kiss (they are not a normal couple from the beginning anyway LOL) with the romantic setting or after confessing their feeling for each other but their chemistry is off the charts man!

I Love Flirting GIF

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Meanwhile Byung In: Right in front of my salad?

credit to the owner

Aww:fullofhearts:

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

The thing is they haven't revealed who is who yet. With the voice over gone, what if this is So Yong who thinks herself as Bong Hwan, I've said this before. So, they can just reveal it at the end without changing anything from Chinese counter part. That way King falls for the Queen who sort of has a identity issue. Can Bong Hwan cook like he used to. If not, maybe it is truly So Yong?

Well, in this drama everything is possible. Who knows how this soul swapping really works. Who's unconscious, who's the one overtaking the body. I guess we will have to patiently wait for answers. The kiss at the end of episode 8 was unexpected. So Yong's cousin looked so pale XD I want Cheoljong to know who saved him in the past. Because he will realize that his relationship with Hwa Jin was built on a lie. And because of that lie he made So Yong's life miserable. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

Well, in this drama everything is possible. Who knows how this soul swapping really works. Who's unconscious, who's the one overtaking the body. I guess we will have to patiently wait for answers. The kiss at the end of episode 8 was unexpected. So Yong's cousin looked so pale XD I want Cheoljong to know who saved him in the past. Because he will realize that his relationship with Hwa Jin was built on a lie. And because of that lie he made So Yong's life miserable. 

True, who really knows?

But dies anybody know how many episodes we have for this drama?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Just now, Nymeria289 said:

True, who really knows?

But dies anybody know how many episodes we have for this drama?

I saw on wikipedia 20 ep but i hope not...

BTW i'm here for the great Switch-souls COUPLE and i'm fan of both but in particular of Shin Hye Sun! I loved her since Angel last mission love!!:fullofhearts:

Great DRAMA, GREAT COUPLE!!!:evilelmo:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

About the preview for episode 9

Spoiler

I have the feeling the part of the king seek the confidential document was happened before he met the assassin in front of the queen's room. Like the opening scene when the king saved the queen in the lake.

Then the king indeed kisses the queen, later the queen also kissed him back, because if the cousin saw that the queen seemed unwilling to kiss, he could be angry towards the king. But if later the queen that pulled the king more to the queen, the cousin should walked away from that room...

And as we guessed, the king not have experience about "that" and we have the queen with the chef's souls trapped in one body. Hahahahahaha... I really hope that's true between them, so our Queen could save her position with their baby...

But I also have feeling that the king lied again to the queen... Ahhhhhh....

I really need episode 9 soon... Saturday oh Saturday...

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Ahh I can't wait for subs.

8 hours ago, partyon said:

Queen Cheorin Hits 12.414% Ratings in Episode, on Pace to Surpass Mr.Sunshine, Goblin, and Crash Landing on You as Highest Rated tvN Drama

For full article:

Congrats on the high viewership on Mr Queen drama! :)

8 hours ago, annamchoi said:

Hi all!.

Newbie in thia thread.hope Im welcome.

Anyways, Im loving this drama..I adore the king and queen . and soon enough we will be seeing our royal couple developing romantic feelings for one anorher..this part is something Im truly looking forward.

Bluntly speaking Im starting to hate the cousin more so the concubine..

Hi @Jillia @Ameera Ali nice to see you here  .

Hi and welcome! :).:)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

48 minutes ago, rachel-moore said:

But as per wikipedia it is mentioned that the late king ( heonjong) was queen dowager's son  . I am confused

oh yea you're right sorry for the mistake. it was also mentioned in ep 7 that the previous king was the queen dowager's son. thanks for pointing it out! fyi @chatterbox22

48 minutes ago, enzek said:

Aww:fullofhearts:

sighs this screenshot of cheoljong staring lovingly at the queen i cant ;A; i came to this drama for shin hye sun and stayed for her and kim jung hyun... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, poopytubby said:

oh yea you're right sorry for the mistake. it was also mentioned in ep 7 that the previous king was the queen dowager's son. thanks for pointing it out! fyi @chatterbox22

sighs this screenshot of cheoljong staring lovingly at the queen i cant ;A; i came to this drama for shin hye sun and stayed for her and kim jung hyun... 

You mean this gaze and his playful smile? Just a few episodes back he’d never look at her like that. 

AM4HtOh.gif

It’s the same for me. I liked a premise of the drama and wanted to watch Shin Hye Sun tackling this difficult role. But I think I’m falling hard for Kim Jung Hyun :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@aisling !!! this accursed gif /quickly saves it/ :takemymoney: seriously im finding it hard to watch the preview because my heart keeps skipping at this 0.5s scene and now im just gonna stare at it forever HAHA seriously tho kim jung hyun is collecting all our souls with his scenes and he knows what he's doing. i don't crush on actors very often and being able to attract people's attention when shin hye sun is on screen (imo, i think she's super charismatic when she's acting) is really something else. 

im amazed at the casting for this show tbh. everyone fits their role so well. honorable mention for court lady choi (no explanation needed) and seol in ah because i only knew her from running man before this and i only remember her as being adorable, goofy, and the girl who always does the freeze HAHA

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, lolly84 said:

I saw on wikipedia 20 ep but i hope not...

BTW i'm here for the great Switch-souls COUPLE and i'm fan of both but in particular of Shin Hye Sun! I loved her since Angel last mission love!!:fullofhearts:

Great DRAMA, GREAT COUPLE!!!:evilelmo:

Why dont you hope for 20 eps? 

• Blob 1