[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

After rewatching ep 16, I will say that my favourite scene in this episde is their reunion scene (yes, not the CCTV scene).

It was heartbreaking in a good way. At the start, we are shown LG sticking to his promise of opening every door to find back JTE, and in every universe, he finds a version of his beloved JTE, but not the ONE. Although they all have the same face, they are not her still, so he continues to search for her behind various doors in the inbetween.

Finally, he comes to the universe where JTE exist, and he is relieved, happy and nervous. He expects that she has lost her memories, and is preparing to woo her again, even if all her memories of their 'radiant memories' of them are lost. " LG's line "Even if you lost all your memories, I still want to see you" :heart:

I love the paralleling here whereby he repeats his line again from the end of ep 4. There are quite a few paralleling lines in this scene, reminding us the audience that true love tied by fate has finally reunite, her line of "let's skip that part", his line of "I realised I have not said this yet, but I love you"....with the BGM "Dream"...sigh that totally satisfies the romantic in me.

• Like 3
  • Love 18

1 minute ago, Heretorant said:

I’m back.

I watched it 3 times and saw nothing of that sort.

Please enlighten me. 

I will be dead if he lifted her leg :lol:

*edit* Whoops, I was clowning myself! I see what you mean now :lol:

How i also wished if it were true! :joy: i'll be dead too by then, lol

• LOL 6

For me the only consolation they covered their kisses in ep 16 is because it was genuinely them so they wanted to sort of keep it to themselves a little haha

And the cctv kiss on the 2nd kiss i thought kge just smiled away not opening her mouth to kiss..am i the only one who noticed this?

She did on the first but not 2nd..? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

these two has made me into a religious person... suddenly i prayed to God that the BTS for ep. 16 will include: 

1. the control room kiss 

2. Jeong Tae Ra...

jeong tae ra is my dream woman.. i really want to see how LMH acted in front of dolled up KGE.. i mean, she innocently flashed her Chanel dress there.. hahahahahahhahaha... 

*back to watching the kiss scene for 749373928363748 time* 

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, Dreaaaa_ said:

Yes they kept living separately and dating till they grew old(thus why they showed us their old hands at the end). Jte can’t become the queen cause Luna exists in his world and LG also has to stay in his world. I guess Kes was trying to tell us that we can’t have it all. If not for Yoyo kid (If you remember his speech)they would have lost their memories and it would have been a sad ending but even with their circumstances kes let us know that they were happy thus the reason for the line “we have decided to love the fate that chose us”. They accepted their fate even when they knew they couldn’t be completely together in the same world why? Because of their love. They’d rather it be that way than stay apart. So yeah she didn’t get to become the queen, we didn’t get a royal wedding but lee gon and tae eul are happy and that’s all that matters right I guess that in its way is a happy ending. We can’t have it all sadly.
Also the reason why lee gon, tae eul and yeong were able to retain their memories was because of the yo-yo kid. Remember what he said “hmm should I let it break or let it be” he was talking about their memories. he let only those three keep their memories cause their love (LG&TE) for each other was just too deep and he probably went oh well you guys are cute I’ll let you be together. Oh and he wanted yeong to be happy. It’s their fate. Good morning everyoneee:heart:

I totally agree! When they said they decided to love the fate that chose them, I felt like it meant they understood that the fact that they retained their memories is basically a miracle. The most important thing for them was to be able to spend time together, doing couple things and loving each other... Wherever that may be.

The ending also perfectly matches all the math that’s tied into the drama! @syntyche wrote about it on the main thread.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

MYM spamming that post but where's our King?

Well he is too quiet that it is a little suspicious ..also he posted others before the finale..and not a thing abt JTE.. so we might be in for a big surprise

So after @jy_cohh translated the meaning of that mym post and the line..yes i agree seem so cryptic yet again 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

12 minutes ago, Prerna said:

I just loved the way he smiled at her (which was surely not scripted)that smirk and that genuine smile stole my heart

His smile said he loves her.

lmh or LG? 

You decide. 

8 minutes ago, Miadee said:

For me the only consolation they covered their kisses in ep 16 is because it was genuinely them so they wanted to sort of keep it to themselves a little haha

And the cctv kiss on the 2nd kiss i thought kge just smiled away not opening her mouth to kiss..am i the only one who noticed this?

She did on the first but not 2nd..? 

Right, right? Wasn’t kge just smiling away? She didn’t kiss him when he went in the second time. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

MYM spamming that post but where's our King?

MYM is doing all the promotional work on behalf of LMH.. thus I can confirm what LMH posted on his IG is personal as he doesn't caption any pics with TKEM... the only promotional pics he posted was for Netflix and SBS which was posted before TKEM started airing... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

50 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Can I be honest? 

If both endings came together, I would have loved it more. Keep the memories but have them married by the end. LOTBS had one of the cutest, sweetest and most satisfying endings but the whole memory erasing got on my nerves. 

I will have to say, the ending kiss in LOTBS was better than the ending kisses in TKEM.

*runs*

i have to agree with the memory erasure. it went back and forth i was somehow frustrated. the ending was cute i might say, as joon jae abandoned his con life to nurture the pregnant wife (a mermaid at that) away from the hustle bustle of the capital city, near the sea. pretty nonsensical but it's cute nonetheless.

what was the kiss like? i totally forgot about that?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’m convinced they’re dating and no one can tell me otherwise :lol:

Their type of flirting is on another level! They’re totally into each other! 

That adlib forehead kiss is enough to confirm my thoughts! 

:lol::lol::lol:

AGREED!! 

I'm just waiting for the announcement :D

• Love 7

1 minute ago, Heretorant said:

His smile said he loves her.

lmh or LG? 

You decide. 

Right, right? Wasn’t kge just smiling away? She didn’t kiss him when he went in the second time. 

we don't know maam we don't know. we cant be sure of what happens after that tall grandpa blocking our view with his wide back. he be flexing his broad shoulders, yes we know, too bad we don't care. we just want to SEE. smh. 

• LOL 12

1 minute ago, makshimus' mane said:

i have to agree with the memory erasure. it went back and forth i was somehow frustrated. the ending was cute i might say, as joon jae abandoned his con life to nurture the pregnant wife (a mermaid at that) away from the hustle bustle of the capital city, near the sea. pretty nonsensical but it's cute nonetheless.

what was the kiss like? i totally forgot about that?

There was tongue, clear as daylight :lol:

2 minutes ago, effyisme said:

MYM is doing all the promotional work on behalf of LMH.. thus I can confirm what LMH posted on his IG is personal as he doesn't caption any pics with TKEM... the only promotional pics he posted was for Netflix and SBS which was posted before TKEM started airing... 

WAIT! WHAT?! 

So you mean to tell me lmh is NOT a narcissist after all? 

OMG. Mind blown! 

I hope y’all can read the sarcasm in that. 

:lol:

• LOL 20
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, inbetween0and1 said:

Summoning the king :ph34r:

King, you see this gorgeous woman here, right? so come out now don't let her waiting, or else we'll have other pursuers try their luck to woo her

if beautiful in white isnt playing in my tall grandpa's head, then what's the point? 

• LOL 9

3 minutes ago, makshimus' mane said:

if beautiful in white isnt playing in my tall grandpa's head, then what's the point? 

grandpa prefers natural style.. very natural.. as in very thin and almost-gone-bald leaves cover up... 

• LOL 19