[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

@peachfuzz I must also not be a woman as I happily married a real NDS 13 years ago, one who is incredibly smart and kind, nerdy, geeky but super literal and pure, and apparently hated by all women on earth, according to the majority of viewers of this drama

my 2cents, really no point responding to their posts. They won’t comprehend let alone try to see your point of view :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

@peachfuzz Say it louder, girl!! I seriously laughed so hard at the suggestion that JP is the utlimate perfect prince charming that all women want. These kind of guys don't exist, only in kdramas. If they do exist in real life, they are the worst type of bf/husband. Guys like JP in "real life" are generally picky, nitpicking, and standoffish. If they know they're hot RickRoll'D, they will demand perfection from their gf/wife too. These young girls need to learn that there's no charity in love, and definitely no Cinderella-prince charming in real life. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

No need for argument, I see a lot of negative reaction to posts from newly created user who supported JP

Both male leads of the drama are inferior even though they are successful in life

And also, don't compared the popularity of NJH and KSH because in the first place, NJH is always more popular as he has more lead roles over KSH

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

No need for argument, I see a lot of negative reaction to posts from newly created user who supported JP

Both male leads of the drama are inferior even though they are successful in life

And also, don't compared the popularity of NJH and KSH because in the first place, NJH is always more popular as he has more lead roles over KSH

I find popularity debates pointless....popularity can fade just as quickly as it rises and vice versa but this show did put Kim Sun Ho in new light just like it did with Nam Joo Hyuk during Weightlifting Fairy days...Nam Joo Hyuk has been steadily doing good work and gaining for a while..I liked him better in School Nurse Files and The Light In Your Eyes though, better written and meatier roles compared to this show. 

I enjoyed ep 13 and 14. And it was clear on both episodes who is really in DM's heart - it is DS. Again, JP missed his timing. 

I know NJH is the ML in this drama so a DM-DS endgame is expected but I just wanted to point these out for those who still feel that JP is the better pairing for DM. First of all, it is DM's decision who she will choose, and she clearly loves DS even after 3 years of separation. Apart from the moments when DS was there for DM, especially when he rushed over to fix the ransomware, one moment that particularly struck me was when they talked on the phone for hours --- they connect and that's very important in a relationship.

In the preview, JP told DS to stop feeling inferior to him and to look at DM again. I think JP will already be conceding in the next episode. He knows both DM and DS still have feelings for each other and he'd realize that he can't force them apart.

My fave moment in episode 14 was the epilogue. I love DS's parents so much. They're so supportive and cute together.

I'm a bit anxious and sad that this drama is ending but I'm looking forward to see how it goes too. I wanna see Halmeoni use Tarzan, as well as IJ and JP have their own happy endings. Let's all enjoy this ride and support the cast and crew who worked hard for this drama.

• Like 9

Sorry but I laughed so hard :lol: @M Co

Thanks for made my day!! 

Anyway @peachfuzz the argument of 'DS is trash, he punched JP!!!!!' is so classic of JP worshiper, I can't count how many of them say that, looks like they have same template lol

Tbh that scene is soooo common in drama or any movies. I get it was wrong of DS, but it's not like JP doesnt punch back either, both of them get bruises and have fair punch lol. This is the first time I've seen that people have so much complain of 2 people fighting in drama. Imagine if they watching action drama or movies then, They would have a mental breakdown :lol:

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I loved episode 14 but I felt so sad for NDS in this episode (long angsty post ahead).

DS went back to Sandbox full of hope that he could reclaim his jacket (and DM's affections), achieving his dream of turning a misunderstanding into a reality. Then JP lied to him in the elevator and shattered his long-held wish. Knowing she was in a relationship with JP confirmed his worst fears, basically invalidating their entire relationship by reminding him that DM never loved him in the first place (he wasn't the guy in the letters) and he could never live up to the letters despite the reset. DS realised that the past 3 years pining for a reunion with DM were meaningless and that DM was right i.e. he was holding onto an illusion. On top of that DM didn't call him back when he was frantically calling her, compounding his heartbreak.

He later had to suffer by facing DM in his office (looking ridiculously beautiful) believing she was happily involved with JP, having left him behind completely. To eliminate any possibility of them working together, he said the harshest words he had ever heard back to her and said he never wanted to see her anymore - only to hear an unexpected & heartfelt admission from DM that his words were hurtful and she was sorry for the past. The problem was he was bluffing when he said this - he had still not accepted 'the reality', nor did he actually believe that person he loved wasn't her (his feelings hadn't changed at all). He only said he didn't want to see her again to spare himself more pain - this wasn't his heart's desire so he found himself lying to her again.

All his attempts to erase the past or discard his memories were unsuccessful. Even after going on an arduous journey to forget DM and 'face reality' (thereby fulfilling what he said to her earlier), he realised that his attempt at pushing her away backfired because he was thinking about her more than ever. The bitterness and pain in his voice at the camp site was a massive contrast to the sweet, puppy dog DS from earlier episodes. Thankfully towards the end he softened once DM explained the meaning of Tarzan and also reassured him that her journey was difficult (symbolised by DS finally noticing/addressing her wound once he tenderly spoke to her). I think he resigned himself to the fact that he still loved her but I don't think the misunderstanding about JP has been cleared up so he's still going to suffer in Ep 15. 

I wish they put DS out of his misery already and wrapped up this love triangle! Anyone else feel sorry for poor DS?

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

@Izaid08 @Arajo81 Absolutely. Again, inconsistent character development which is irritating. Earlier when DM met DS in his rooftop office, she acknowledged how much pain DS must have been through. And yet she didn’t think DS would be hurt when he was convinced that JP and her are now together? The seemingly insignificant details like these can make it appear like DM is confident in her “power” over DS, not nice. Even though the FL only loves the ML, till the finale the ML still has to keep questioning can she return to me, does she really love me etc etc which shadows his image, shadows the inspiring actual “startup” content. 

I also hope the ep.15 preview is misleading. It is unacceptable should JP need to tell DS what to do 

Yeah that wasn’t my only gripe with the writing. In episode 13 JP showed DS the ring box he was going to give DM. DS was upset and left sandbox, telling his mum he wasn’t going to contact DM until the ransomware attack suddenly happened. Then in episode 14, JP insinuated he was in a relationship with DM which drove DS over the edge and he became utterly devastated, lashing out at her when she came to the rooftop office.

It felt like they were repeating that plot device twice (ie the misunderstanding about DM moving on with JP)... maybe it just me that found this odd!

I also find it disappointing that Jp has to give DS guidance to chase DM but there are a few possible reasons:

- DS may believe DM is dating Jp so JP needs to clear any misunderstanding

- I think the final growth area for DS will be to make peace with the ‘letter DS’ (ie he can’t ignore it because it means a lot to DM and only Jp can give him that closure by handing over JP’s past with DM completely (initially it was merely temporarily lent)

- JP has caused pain/chipped DS’s confidence for a long time (eg lying about a relationship with DM, the scrunchie incident, constant belittlement in the early episodes, showing off about the 461 questions and constantly interfering in DS and DM’s quality time) so he needs to atone and act like a good older brother (fulfilling his earlier lie to DM) 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

@Arajo81 yes those are all the possibilities but regardless by the finale the line “stop feeling inferior to me and look at DM again” is very inappropriate for its negative connotation on the ML. A ML who by now still has to take another’s direction even when it comes to the dream of his life- that’s bad writing and very unfair for DS. It negates his efforts during his tough growth journey. I loved DS’s comeback in ep.13 just to be sad for him again in ep.14. Well, I blamed it on the lazy writing but also felt like the writer wanted to do fan service for the favorite 2nd ML. Whatever the reason, if by the finale the ML becomes unconvincing, uninspiring and his pain and sorrow still can’t touch the audience (we know the majority don’t favor him but at least should develop empathy for him by the end of the show) then that would be really sad. I really hope we would have a satisfying ending :star:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, inBinJinitrust said:

@Arajo81 yes those are all the possibilities but regardless by the finale the line “stop feeling inferior to me and look at DM again” is very inappropriate for its negative connotation on the ML. A ML who by now still has to take another’s direction even when it comes to the dream of his life- that’s bad writing and very unfair for DS. It negates his efforts during his tough growth journey. I loved DS’s comeback in ep.13 just to be sad for him again in ep.14. Well, I blamed it on the lazy writing but also felt like the writer wanted to do fan service for the favorite 2nd ML. Whatever the reason, if by the finale the ML becomes unconvincing and his pain and sorrow can’t touch the audience (we know the majority don’t favor him but at least should develop empathy for him by the end of the show) then that would be really sad. I really hope we would have a satisfying ending :star:

I honestly agree with you. I would rather DS just came to an epiphany and sought DM out on his own, throwing out any insecurity by having enough faith that he was enough.  I wish JP would butt out completely so DS could show some backbone and fight for what he wanted, believing he had something to offer that JP didn’t.

I also think DM bears some responsibility because a) she told him he wasn’t the DS from the letters and b) after her ‘aha’ moment, she didn’t get the chance to confess that DS was in her heart the whole time.

This has translated into a disappointing situation where neither the ML or FL feel confident to be honest about their feelings. I love these two characters so much (especially Dosan) but I think this lingering insecurity after 15 episodes and 3 years devalues somewhat their beautiful love story. Like if DS doesn’t think he’s enough for DM near the end of the story, why would the audience believe in him?

The preview hints that the writer will give Jp redemption (sacrificing his feelings for DM to bring them together) and setting up a brotherly ending for him, DS and DM. Jp’s shadow over their relationship was removed at the end of ep11 when DM realised it was DS in her heart. Why then is he still a factor now after all this time?

Really hoping for a beautiful organic ending for Dodal where all the focus is on their growth, understanding and maturity as a couple - not the work behind the scenes of another character playing Cupid...

• Like 4
  • Love 2

i swear if they make some stupid plot twist just to please hjp fangirls and make jidal endgame i would consider that sloppy writing, i am so mad after ep 13 and 14 and feel regretfull for even watching drama, ep 15 and still love triangle RickRoll'D

i get the love triangle in reply 1988 (i was team taek, he was brave enough to get a girl) because we didnt know who she likes to the end but in start up there is no single romantic moment between hjp and dal mi (hjp fangirls would say different), hjp is like some ideal guy from the letters but beside the letters he got nothing, i like do san, he is not tipical male lead, hjp is like many male leads in kdrama and thats why people rooting for him but do san in insecure, has many flaws but good hearted, he is actually like an ordinary guy and i want that ordinary guy get a girl, actually he is like second lead in characteristics, i am so MAD at writers and now i fear they would make hjp and dal mi together and thats doesnt make sense, okay if its ep 10 but its ep 14 and all we can see is that dal mi and do san belong to each other, this drama got me to emotionally invested 

we see ost and in every ost it look like suzy and njh will end up together

hjp needs to move on, he is first crush but do san is first love

give us dodal endgame and hjp he

i was actually sad that they didnt give us in jae and hjp moments and potential love story but hjp one sided love to dal mi

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi all. Dropping by here because it seems quiet peaceful. Tired of those super toxic stans, they're literally everywhere spreading hate to DS (even DM too). Some long time KSH fans (long before SU) even felt embarassed of his new fans' disrespectful attitude towards the main leads.

Among the characters in SU i'm more interested in DS. Something raw, genuine and naive about him, not to mention his sexy brain. This is how i see him:

- He was humble. He didn't think he was a genius at all even tho he was. Until today i also never saw him took pride in material things even after he succeeded as developer in 2STO. He took pride in accomplishment (CODA, Noongil).

- Most people claimed him as a cheater for that unintentional glimpse on 1 essay answer in the olympiad test. It burdened him for life. For me, i see it as he had quite high moral standard that only 1 unintentional 'cheat', which for most people ignorable, made him feel he didnt deserve the medal.

- He spoke the same language as DS and an excellent listener. She had many great visions, and he could perfectly translate it while others failed. He helped her to make them come true through his ability. Together they make the impossible possible. DM was the conceptor, DS was the executor. With DM as his muse, DS had reached the greatest manifestation of his ability in form of Noongil. It's a pity because of that petty love triangle most people ignored the fact that DS had created a masterpiece, not only for halmeoni but for the world. I'm still waiting for their another collaborative project on driverless car.

- He was not resourceful as opposed to JP. But he tried whatever he can to help people he cared about. When you were limited in terms of resource, your kindness towards others would become even more valuable. He helped Chul San saving 100 million won from ransomware without expecting any monetary gain. Later on, he helped DM saving 300/600 million won from another ransomware case

- He was loyal and professional. When DM broke up with him, logically speaking he had no reason to continue Noongil. Instead, he still came to Alex's office to beg for it (together with JP) for the sake of halmeoni. For three years he improved its features and brought it to the greater height where Noongil being acquired by a famous figure in business circle he met during networking party in SF. He also decided to help DM with tarzan project even tho she didnt clarify anything regarding their personal issues during the mountain encounter. Not to mention he made that decision while he was still under impression that DM had relationship with JP.

My point is, DS is a really kind guy. Toxic stans overlooked the fact that this person they called "manipulative sad boy" had created great things with his ability (they proudly said that they skipped every of his scene). They didnt need to like him because it's a matter of personal taste, but they could learn a lot from DS character instead of bashing him with baseless ground.

• Like 12
  • Love 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, inbetween0and1 said:

Hi all. Dropping by here because it seems quiet peaceful. Tired of those super toxic stans, they're literally everywhere spreading hate to DS (even DM too). Some long time KSH fans (long before SU) even felt embarassed of his new fans' disrespectful attitude towards the main leads.

Among the characters in SU i'm more interested in DS. Something raw, genuine and naive about him, not to mention his sexy brain. This is how i see him:

- He was humble. He didn't think he was a genius at all even tho he was. Until today i also never saw him took pride in material things even after he succeeded as developer in 2STO. He took pride in accomplishment (CODA, Noongil).

- Most people claimed him as a cheater for that unintentional glimpse on 1 essay answer in the olympiad test. It burdened him for life. For me, i see it as he had quite high moral standard that only 1 unintentional 'cheat', which for most people ignorable, made him feel he didnt deserve the medal.

- He spoke the same language as DS and an excellent listener. She had many great visions, and he could perfectly translate it while others failed. He helped her to make them come true through his ability. Together they make the impossible possible. DM was the conceptor, DS was the executor. With DM as his muse, DS had reached the greatest manifestation of his ability in form of Noongil. It's a pity because of that petty love triangle most people ignored the fact that DS had created a masterpiece, not only for halmeoni but for the world. I'm still waiting for their another collaborative project on driverless car.

- He was not resourceful as opposed to JP. But he tried whatever he can to help people he cared about. When you were limited in terms of resource, your kindness towards others would become even more valuable. He helped Chul San saving 100 million won from ransomware without expecting any monetary gain. Later on, he helped DM saving 300/600 million won from another ransomware case

- He was loyal and professional. When DM broke up with him, logically speaking he had no reason to continue Noongil. Instead, he still came to Alex's office to beg for it (together with JP) for the sake of halmeoni. For three years he improved its features and brought it to the greater height where Noongil being acquired by a famous figure in business circle he met during networking party in SF. He also decided to help DM with tarzan project even tho she didnt clarify anything regarding their personal issues during the mountain encounter. Not to mention he made that decision while he was still under impression that DM had relationship with JP.

My point is, DS is a really kind guy. Toxic stans overlooked the fact that this person they called "manipulative sad boy" had created great things with his ability (they proudly said that they skipped every of his scene). They didnt need to like him because it's a matter of personal taste, but they could learn a lot from DS character instead of bashing him with baseless ground.

Thank you for this! You and @Arajo81 have summed it up so well! The writer gave us all these details about DS but it's sad some fans just developed tunnel vision over JP. And I don't even dislike JP, I just know that DM and DS are just better together. Isn't that what relationships are all about, too? Not just being good for the other person but vice versa as well. And DS and DM have always been like that. They support each other and bring the best out of each other.

As we only saw a snippet of Ep 15, when JP told DS, "Stop feeling inferior to me, look at DM again",  I didn't think of it as JP having to give DS a go signal for him to do something but rather it was his way of clearing up a misunderstanding he made himself. DS stepped back when JP alluded to a supposed 'relationship' between him and DM, and when DM didn't answer his calls. He thought it was really over so he tried to get over DM on his own; but then DM came to him on her own. Since he still has feelings for DM and DM made a "successful pitch", he joined DM's company and the Tarzan project even while still thinking that DM and JP are together. 

I hope they resolve the whole love triangle already by ep 15 since I also wanna see how the Tarzan project works out, how they all get together at Cheongmyeong Company (does Saha join too?) and how Nature Group/IT twins lose :D

• Like 6