[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

38 minutes ago, Dramafan123 Dfan said:

Toxic people started coming here too? As if tweeter and fb are not enough for them to vent out their frustrations. Lol.

Anyway, two more episodes to go and still so many unsolved problems. Let's hope for the best.

They seriously spoiled the fun for the rest of us. It's only kdrama, imagine if we cross these people in real life, our heads will be rolling. :crazily:

2 hours ago, szne09 said:

Thank you for this! You and @Arajo81 have summed it up so well! The writer gave us all these details about DS but it's sad some fans just developed tunnel vision over JP. And I don't even dislike JP, I just know that DM and DS are just better together. Isn't that what relationships are all about, too? Not just being good for the other person but vice versa as well. And DS and DM have always been like that. They support each other and bring the best out of each other.

As we only saw a snippet of Ep 15, when JP told DS, "Stop feeling inferior to me, look at DM again",  I didn't think of it as JP having to give DS a go signal for him to do something but rather it was his way of clearing up a misunderstanding he made himself. DS stepped back when JP alluded to a supposed 'relationship' between him and DM, and when DM didn't answer his calls. He thought it was really over so he tried to get over DM on his own; but then DM came to him on her own. Since he still has feelings for DM and DM made a "successful pitch", he joined DM's company and the Tarzan project even while still thinking that DM and JP are together. 

I hope they resolve the whole love triangle already by ep 15 since I also wanna see how the Tarzan project works out, how they all get together at Cheongmyeong Company (does Saha join too?) and how Nature Group/IT twins lose :D

Yes, still a lot to unfold. Previews are usually misleading anyways, we will see in a few days. Also, I want to add to the mountain scene that everyone still talks about...the epilogue shows that DS agreed to join DM's company without any personal involvements, he didn't need to know about DM's relationship status with JP, but he felt her sincerity and understood how Tarzan meant to her. He has always loved and trusted her, even though up until this point, in his state of mind, he might have to concede. His only condition when it comes to business is that he will invest as a shareholder with the money from 2STO (from 3 years ago). Up until this point, DS has always been consistent with who he is, he didn't get strayed by fame and fortune, and definitely a wholesome person. :happy2:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

Trying hard not to feed the trolls but I’m giving in one last time... 

I don’t understand what’s making JP fans so toxic. It’s honestly really weird.... When JP fans insist that people supporting DS only like DS because Nam Joo Hyeok is hot, I can feel my brain cells dying. Saying that people are supporting DS because his actor is hot kinda implies that Kim Seon Ho/JP isn’t getting their support because he’s less attractive lol. Kim Seon Ho is super handsome too! I actually prefer him visually, but I still like DS a good deal. I swear, JP fans can’t handle DS getting love and support so they have to try and come up with a million reasons why DS is unworthy. 

JP fans are so embarrassing! It’s a honestly shame to JP’s character. Poor JP doesn’t deserve such rabid fans! Justice for JP lol.

It’s fine to prefer and root for HJP. It’s just freaking weird how HJP supporters feel the need to turn DS down so much and instigate fights with others online. I haven’t seen DS supporters being so uncivil..granted I haven’t been frequenting too many discussions recently because of how out of hand things have been.

I dream of a world where Start Up watchers all get along despite their different opinions! I have friends who prefer JP, but they haven’t been shoving their opinions down my throat. It’s strange how people putting JP on a pedestal for being mature are so immature themselves lol. 

I can’t wait to see how the drama ends! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

Yeah. This is my first drama with NJH in it. I prefer DS based on his character, and not for NJH visual. He looks good, sure, but the first drama I actually saw him in was Bride of Habaek, and I couldn't get past the first ep! His look, while as good as any other kdrama lead, did not stand out to me, nor was the character Habaek! 

DS sure is so wholesome. It's hard to get people being honest with their feeling these days! A person's group of friends speak a lot to their personality. Samsan tech is a group of hardworking and genuine people, who are willing to listen from others and learn! 

Well anyways, here I am, on break having nothing to do, so I am gonna rewatch all my favorites clips of Dodal lol. I think I will miss hearing Dalmiya so softly! :bawling:

Spoiler

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 videos in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 9

15 hours ago, Arajo81 said:

I loved episode 14 but I felt so sad for NDS in this episode (long angsty post ahead).

DS went back to Sandbox full of hope that he could reclaim his jacket (and DM's affections), achieving his dream of turning a misunderstanding into a reality. Then JP lied to him in the elevator and shattered his long-held wish. Knowing she was in a relationship with JP confirmed his worst fears, basically invalidating their entire relationship by reminding him that DM never loved him in the first place (he wasn't the guy in the letters) and he could never live up to the letters despite the reset. DS realised that the past 3 years pining for a reunion with DM were meaningless and that DM was right i.e. he was holding onto an illusion. On top of that DM didn't call him back when he was frantically calling her, compounding his heartbreak.

He later had to suffer by facing DM in his office (looking ridiculously beautiful) believing she was happily involved with JP, having left him behind completely. To eliminate any possibility of them working together, he said the harshest words he had ever heard back to her and said he never wanted to see her anymore - only to hear an unexpected & heartfelt admission from DM that his words were hurtful and she was sorry for the past. The problem was he was bluffing when he said this - he had still not accepted 'the reality', nor did he actually believe that person he loved wasn't her (his feelings hadn't changed at all). He only said he didn't want to see her again to spare himself more pain - this wasn't his heart's desire so he found himself lying to her again.

All his attempts to erase the past or discard his memories were unsuccessful. Even after going on an arduous journey to forget DM and 'face reality' (thereby fulfilling what he said to her earlier), he realised that his attempt at pushing her away backfired because he was thinking about her more than ever. The bitterness and pain in his voice at the camp site was a massive contrast to the sweet, puppy dog DS from earlier episodes. Thankfully towards the end he softened once DM explained the meaning of Tarzan and also reassured him that her journey was difficult (symbolised by DS finally noticing/addressing her wound once he tenderly spoke to her). I think he resigned himself to the fact that he still loved her but I don't think the misunderstanding about JP has been cleared up so he's still going to suffer in Ep 15. 

I wish they put DS out of his misery already and wrapped up this love triangle! Anyone else feel sorry for poor DS?

OMG your posts give me life. lolz I was ready to hibernate from this thread but your posts keeps reeling me back. Haha. Thank you.

Is it me or I find it funny when Dosan tried to erase that 3 year old whiteboard drawing? It won't budge no matter how hard he scrubbed. lol It's an appropriate allusion to his 3 year old pent up feelings that seems indelible.  Seriously though, this could have been resolved in 30 seconds or less by just merely communicating.  Is it difficult to just admit that "I am a noble idiot, I lied to you but you lied to me first, please take me back." I guess for the writer, it is.  I guess she saves that for the last episode. :unamused:

Anyway, yeah, my heart breaks for him, imagine all those 3 freaking years he trying to nurse his broken heart.  In the sailing scene he seems to be somewhat relieved to be far away since everyday in his life back home he seems to be always in battle and wounded.  :dissapointed_relieved: At least he got a breather but the moment he gets back, he has to wage that war yet again.  But I see the positivity in all of it,  hardship makes him more resilient and I am glad that he still wants to stay, move on despite the possibility that he won't win Dalmi back.  That's character development. I see the old Dosan running permanently away to SF married to his laptop instead of facing the heartbreak of seeing Dalmi with another man. 

Also, why are we not discussing how hot he got though? Women at this point should be flocking into him like he's bird seeds.  Dalmi should be busy swatting their hands away or shoving them away from Dosan. Why isn't this happening?! So. many. missed. oppurtunities. Ugh. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

For me Dalmi’s character arc is one where she moves from the figment of her imaginings (the DoSan of the letters) to the reality(the real DoSan).  We’ve all been there.  Where our expectations of Prince Charming is a romanticized notion of what we read, what we see and how we perceive a relationship should be.  The letters enhance that.  Handwritten.  With thought and care.  I guess the modern day equivalent would be online dating and email exchange.  How many times have you read of women who believed in what was in the emails and conjured up a magical relationship in their mind’s eye only to be hit by the reality when they actually meet the guy?  So Dalmi is growing too right through the drama.  Moving from her perceptions/expectations to the reality.  That’s why the letters no longer have a significant part in the story.  She’s no longer clinging on to the perceived DoSan of her imaginings.  She actually much prefers the real thing.  His big hands.  His quiet but steady presence by her side and belief in her ideas.  He doesn’t belittle her (and that’s a big plus for me).  Looking forward to a happy ending for this pair.  Those scenes by the hut and the piggyback across that bridge was beautifully done.  Much better to sail without a map when you have a kindred spirit with you.  Jane has found her Tarzan.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, I’m new here and just wanna say hiii .. :blush:One question that keeps bugging me thou.. if DM knew that there was a misunderstanding with what JP had said to DS (during the elevator talk — JP told her that DS might misunderstood their relationship), then why wouldn’t she address that in the first place when she had the chance to meet DS again herself? She also knew he was staying in Korea again for good by then. Instead she (only) talked about recruiting him & just let DS flat rejected her. Shouldnt she at least wonder whats with the sudden change of treatment DS has towards her? He wasnt that “cold” when they first met again.. & esp during the scene in the woods. DS was furious (and asked why everything seemed easy for her, assuming she had moved on with JP), doesnt she at least have a hint on what was that all about? I wonder.....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UPSGirl said:

OMG your posts give me life. lolz I was ready to hibernate from this thread but your posts keeps reeling me back. Haha. Thank you.

Is it me or I find it funny when Dosan tried to erase that 3 year old whiteboard drawing? It won't budge no matter how hard he scrubbed. lol It's an appropriate allusion to his 3 year old pent up feelings that seems indelible.  Seriously though, this could have been resolved in 30 seconds or less by just merely communicating.  Is it difficult to just admit that "I am a noble idiot, I lied to you but you lied to me first, please take me back." I guess for the writer, it is.  I guess she saves that for the last episode. :unamused:

Anyway, yeah, my heart breaks for him, imagine all those 3 freaking years he trying to nurse his broken heart.  In the sailing scene he seems to be somewhat relieved to be far away since everyday in his life back home he seems to be always in battle and wounded.  :dissapointed_relieved: At least he got a breather but the moment he gets back, he has to wage that war yet again.  But I see the positivity in all of it,  hardship makes him more resilient and I am glad that he still wants to stay, move on despite the possibility that he won't win Dalmi back.  That's character development. I see the old Dosan running permanently away to SF married to his laptop instead of facing the heartbreak of seeing Dalmi with another man. 

Also, why are we not discussing how hot he got though? Women at this point should be flocking into him like he's bird seeds.  Dalmi should be busy swatting their hands away or shoving them away from Dosan. Why isn't this happening?! So. many. missed. oppurtunities. Ugh. 

I would love to discuss how hot he became! It’s a pretty glaring omission in my view because he looks gorgeous in an unworldly way - it’s strange it’s mentioned only in passing (I think his cousin commented during the shoot). He dresses now like a fashion model and no longer a tech developer which also makes little sense. 

I agree that the character development was really important. DS joined DM at Tarzan and overcame his massive heartbreak/disappointment by being by her side no matter what (ie with no expectation of bringing back their relationship). He bought into her vision to make Tarzan a reality rather than allowing his personal feelings dictate his professional future. 

I think his arduous journey made him realise that no matter what he did, he would never forget or move on from her. In the same way you can’t just erase the whiteboard, the comments he made in the office (he accepted reality, she was not the person he loved and he never wanted to see her again) would never magically become true. I feel like he made peace with it and became the bigger person, seeing DM as not just a love interest but a visionary partner that inspired him professionally. In that sense, he’s teaming up with her with a solid foundation this time (not just based on misunderstandings or emotion), symbolised by the piggy backing...

I do think DM probably went to clear things up with him but he wasn’t in the mood to listen. He was too preoccupied with his own suffering that he didn’t notice her wounds. It’s frustrating that she’s not clearing things up but maybe she’s holding back herself because she feels guilty/indebted to Jp who is a major part of her life. I just hope all this is resolved by the next episode so DS can be happy again - he has gone through so much in the past few episodes and I want to see his big puppy dog smile again...

3 hours ago, Mshad0309 said:

Hi guys, I’m new here and just wanna say hiii .. :blush:One question that keeps bugging me thou.. if DM knew that there was a misunderstanding with what JP had said to DS (during the elevator talk — JP told her that DS might misunderstood their relationship), then why wouldn’t she address that in the first place when she had the chance to meet DS again herself? She also knew he was staying in Korea again for good by then. Instead she (only) talked about recruiting him & just let DS flat rejected her. Shouldnt she at least wonder whats with the sudden change of treatment DS has towards her? He wasnt that “cold” when they first met again.. & esp during the scene in the woods. DS was furious (and asked why everything seemed easy for her, assuming she had moved on with JP), doesnt she at least have a hint on what was that all about? I wonder.....

Hello and welcome! I was curious about that too. I have a few theories:

- she wanted to have a proper discussion with DS about their past in the woods but he rebuffed her the whole time until she fell asleep so she missed her chance

- she might be conflicted about JP because she feels indebted to him and he’s been by her side for the past three years 

- she feels guilty already for the pain and suffering she has caused DS (especially after hearing her words back to her) so she doesn’t feel like she deserves a second chance with him

- DM is low on confidence right now. She admitted she pushed DS away in ep12 because she felt miserable about herself and didn’t want to hold him back (ie it wasn’t just selfless love, it was driven by self loathing). She might not believe she has anything to offer DS who is now a hotshot and has the world at his feet. She may also have little hope that he would still be interested in her given he told her she wasn’t the person he loved. 

Only my theories but hopefully that helps! 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NerdyAjumma said:

They seriously spoiled the fun for the rest of us. It's only kdrama, imagine if we cross these people in real life, our heads will be rolling. :crazily:

yeahhh agree...its only a drama. chill! why make it so hard :joy:

lets just have some fun :heart:

• Like 5

All of these JP toxic fans are doing Kim Seon Ho a disservice. You are not elevating him by attacking and bashing on his counterparts. You can hate the characters but not the artists. Learn to appreciate the arts and respect the efforts of the entire production behind these series. It's hard work! Toxic fans are the reason why K-biz has such high suicidal rates. It's sad and disgusting!

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

@Arajo81Huah thank you for this clarity! Though we wont know for sure whats reallly happening, at least your theories will help me sleep better at night til saturday :wub: hope everything get settled soon and I’m looking forward for a passionate-loving kiss from both DM DS pleaseeee 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Soooo, this is my second time commenting on this trend. But i must say that the toxic HJP fans should know that KSH new found popularity might not really be a Good thing for him. Because his popularity is based on toxicity.. And such doesn't last or leave a good impression on other entertainers.. because.. If i am an actor l, i wouldn't like to work with people like that.. even producers might find it difficult too.. or Writer's as well.. The point is your stan can become popular without hates on others.. 

As I still wonder how grown up people who are hjp stans will allow their emotions to continue to influence their thinking.. I was a fan of KSH in wakiki2.. but with all this happening.. i am ashamed to even boast about it.. And this is actually my first time knowing NJH.. And i still appreciate his acting as well as the role he chose... become its uncommon and i always like anything flawed though.  lol..  i am tired of a perfect main lead..

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1