[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Welcome to the Brahms party @ferily i will reply to your post as soon as my mind calms down from this rough episode. And we thought episode 10 was tough. This one..dang! One thing i want to say about SA is..while I sympathize with her, she needs to be confident and start speaking up about how she is being treated. She needs to learn this skill for the future too.

If she isn’t in the chamber, she can just tell Professor Lee she won’t organize it. Professor Lee needs to do her own work. She is the professional for goodness sake. Well, not much of a professional actually. All these people keep coming at her left and right, and she doesn’t say anything that will make them shut up. She accepts their criticism and puts all the blame on herself. And she starts to believe in her insecurities. It’s so sad to see. I just want to shake her up and tell her “girl, if you feel it ain’t right, say or do something about it. Don’t go along with it.” Her quietness is their way of snatching her kindness and ripping her into shreds. Her quietness is a way of telling them “it’s okay. Say whatever you want.”

I feel bad for SA and then I get frustrated too because I need her to stand up for herself. I know she is insecure. But only she can fix her insecurities. Letting people step all over her will only devalue her worth to herself even more.

original.gif

Like that HN bish..she is so jealous of SA and for what? SA isn’t better off than her. Except that she found someone she loves. And yet everyone keeps butting into their freakin’ business! People who have no business keeps coming in. Aigoo. I been kicking and slapping everyone every Mon-Tues. 

:kicks:

and JY..oh boy..JY isn’t insecure at all but this boy has so much burdens to bear that I am here screaming at his mom to let the shop fail and leave her damn no-good husband. All he does is drink and collect debt. He is no entrepreneur. He is a gambler. Save your son instead of your husband for once! 

tumblr_m3klgwgqcx1qcbmeno1_250.gif

@gracebkk aww hope to see you soon. I know this drama is giving us the angst/rampage but we can all vent together ;)

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

12 minutes ago, rukizie said:

Gosh my prediction is right. We will see Song Ah sacrifice herself in this pit of despair. 

WHY IT HAS TO BE LEE JUNG KYUNG ? GOSH SHE ALREADY HAD A WHOLE BUFFET FOR HER AND SHE ONLY TO PICK WHAT SHE WANTS AND DO SOMETHING GOOD BUT GAH I AM RAGING WITH THIS.

I really hope there is some twist to come. I mean writer said there is some hidden part about SA that yet to be reviled. gosh JY and SA really need each other more that ever. let them hug each other and cry it out together.  writer have been very clever steering us one way, but then take another route. So I am crossing my fingers for that to happens next week. I mean after the rain it always sun. :D 

• Like 10

I  like that we see both JY and SA starting to slowly figuring out what people they want in their life. SA becoming aware of her insecurity and speaking for herself to fight it. even if it is a dark tunnel I do think SA and JY gonna come out of it even more happier. :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

The f is this episode? Why are everyone (except JY and SA) being effing jerks? I wanna effing punch everyone in the face and be effing proud of it.

i already brought in the professionals ;)

8 minutes ago, sal2 said:

I really hope there is some twist to come. I mean writer said there is some hidden part about SA that yet to be reviled. gosh JY and SA really need each other more that ever. let them hug each other and cry it out together.  writer have been very clever steering us one way, but then take another route. So I am crossing my fingers for that to happens next week. I mean after the rain it always sun. :D 

this!! This is what JY and SA need. Comfort and rely on each other. Cry their pains together then fight as one! But dang..it feels so far away. 

——

today’s recap was tough. Barely any sweet moments and so much kicking/slapping from me that I had to bring in the professionals whom won’t give a damn who they have to hurt and injure!! Or even..get rid of for good.

:naughty::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

Ahhhhh, I didn't expect the drama to have a lot of issues, although I do agree that all the conflicts presented were realistic. 

However, I'm worried that the writer might not be able to address these issues before the drama ends. We only have 4 episodes left, which is why I feel anxious about the ending. 

• JY & his family's financial problems

• JK & her well-being(?)/mental health

• SA & MS - their friendship

• SA & DY - will they be friends again?

• JY & SA haven't played together yet

• JY & SA dating rumors

• JY hasn't entered the competition yet (he doesn't even have a piece yet)

• JK & HH - will they reconcile?

• JY & HH - will they be friends again?

• JY & Professor Yoo's baggage

• SA & Professor Lee

• Graduation? Both of their graduation recitals?

• Their future careers? SA as an Impresario?

• JY & SA's relationship - what will happen?

What I'm happy about the writing though is that all of these conflicts have been introduced early on (we have had a buildup to these conflicts), but I'm really curious as to how ALL of these can be resolved in only 4 episodes, with the ending included. 

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! This episode was rough and I didn't even watched the entire thing yet! I really hope we won't go to the usual tired cliche and that all the issues will be addressed and resolved in time. Another thing I don't want to see are those open-ended type of ending. Please none of that!  I think this will the first time I will skip an episode and wait for next week. My poor heart can't take all the sadness of our girl, SA! :cry:

• Like 7

No offense but I hated these two episodes. Of all the things they could’ve used to progress the romance and increase the music they decided to go melo and makjang. Of course it wouldn’t be annoying if Jung Kyung was bearable but everytime I see her I want to break something. And that’s not a good thing. Props to the actress, she’s doing an amazing job of portraying a character everyone would love to punch. I bet even she wants to punch herself but she’s too stuck up to do it. Jung  Kyung, I mean.

Meanwhile Professor Lee is entirely forgettable. I don’t give a s h i t about her and I bet she knows that. She could conduct an orchestra all by herself I wouldn’t care. At all. She needs to like, disappear. From the universe.

• LOL 12

14 minutes ago, sal2 said:

I  like that we see both JY and SA starting to slowly figuring out what people they want in their life. SA becoming aware of her insecurity and speaking for herself to fight it. even if it is a dark tunnel I do think SA and JY gonna come out of it even more happier. :) 

while my head agrees that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. my heart just wants to do this to everyone who has hurt our precious SA and JY. 
tenor.gif

also many thanks to  @rukizie @Jillia @Sky8lue for the recap! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I just felt an AVALANCHE of problems on this episode. I feel I got stuck in the rubble of issues! So we have 4 episodes to solve this issues hehe! I'm anticipating of a rollercoaster last 4 episodes then... 

• Like 9

List of problems to be resolved:

1.   Paying off JY's father's debt. But we need a longer term solution to this vicious cycle because the father continues to hurt his family again and again. (Isn't it ironic that he's one of the biggest antagonists in this drama but we haven't seen him appear on screen yet?)

2.   JY regaining his form and performing well at the Tchaikovsky competition. In his current state of mind, he will never make it through the preliminaries.

3.   SA standing up to Professor Lee about the chamber orchestra and ending her own suffering.

4.    JK resolving her conflict with her grandmother and father and 

5. .  JY letting go of his guilt and indebtedness towards Director Nah, JK and Kyunghoo Foundation. (Hope the preview for ep13 is misleading and Director's Nah's request is directed at JY staying as JK's accompanist and nothing more.)

6.   HH finding his own footing in his career and not living in the shadow and suffering from the stigma of being JK's ex-boyfriend. (The drama seems to be going in the direction of some sort of reconciliation between JK and HH?)

7.   SA and JY resolving their misunderstandings and finding a way to weather the storms together. (Noble idiocy is not the trend, writer-nim. Please don't disappoint us!)

List of happy things to pray for:

1.   JY and SA finally playing a sonata, whether in private or as part of the grad school recital.

2.   JY winning 1st place at the Tchaikovsky competition after he regains the will and passion for playing the piano again. And I hope he is finally liberated from all the burdens that he's carrying and stops being indebted to Kyunghoo.

3.   SA finds the path to happiness, as her father wished for her. Whether this means staying as a violinist or pursuing a different path, all I wish for her is to find the answer and to have the courage and conviction to pursue that path. (Characters like SA's father and Team Leader Cha truly deserve more screen time to balance out the negativity from the truckload of villains...)

4.   Park Seong Jae losing his position as the Korean Representative for Chris' management agency. Team Leader Cha taking over JY's management.

5.    Professor Lee losing her position as dean due to her incompetence and severe lack of professionalism and integrity. (In episode 12, she gave 50/100 points when scoring the young violinist simply because that girl is Professor Song's student, although it didn't affect the final outcome. Her exploitation and back-stabbing with respect to SA is unforgivable.)

6.    Return of wholesome professors in the music faculty. There must be at least one decent person around in this universe.

7.    A new chamber orchestra is formed for all the underdogs and downtrodden folks in this drama by a white knight. Professor Lee's chamber orchestra is disbanded, while Professor Song's orchestra is reorganised. (JK has to cut off ties with Professor Song at some point.)

8.    A proper happy ending for SA and JY. After everything that they've been through, and will be going through in the next (hopefully not more than) 2 episodes, there is no other ending that befits them. This is my most ardent wish of the whole list.

img.gif

Source: https://twitter.com/untitled_628/status/1313503205121114112?s=20

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Dear Brahmsie chinggu, just curious, what do you guys think about the scene that JY met SA mom and sister? Why do I get that atmosphere that SA mom not really fond of JY? Ofc it's their first meeting and not a proper one. But, still, I don't want to add it into the list of unresolved problems towars 4 remaining episodes..

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

We need to get through this week unti episode 13, so we finally see them moving forward and things getting better. :D

On another lighter mode:

I thought it was funny that actually the moment in front of the apartment was the perfect moment for a kiss before Song Ah went up to get the umbrella for Joon Young.

Also, Joon Young being so happy getting a umbrella and opening/closing it like he never did before... just great!

Also maybe after she give him the gift, could be the perfect moment and then her unnie and mom come:dontwanna:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

One thing I hope next week is JY breaking free from JK and the foundation. He need to stop this bad circle. I have hope by the preview that at least this gonna be solved with him really mean it when he says to JK to not meet again. Also the talk with JK grandmother. I think this gonna be important to lift the guilt he always have with him. cutting ties with them is needed. 

There so many knots created so I feel the need for it to start getting untangled next week and not in the final week. 

Also maybe it is gonna be very rewarding when SA and JY finally play together. feel like it is gonna be magic and writer are hiding how awesome it is gonna be. Having them play with their heart. :D 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

42 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm watching the episode raw right now and I also thought the scene was a bit off but judging from Song Ah's reaction it was okay I guess. In the end that's not really how parents want to meet their daughter's boyfriend. :D And it was pretty late for them to return from Daejeon.

Also thought the contrast was interesting since both, mother and older sister, wore office outfits.

I agree I did not get warm feelings from Song Ahs mother and sister. They appear to be extremely judgemental and one of the reasons that Song Ah does not stand up for herself. I wonder if Song Ah will finally process how others opinions about a couple they don't know is meaningless when her mother and sister put her above JY. They seem like people who would hate people who play music and entertain people for a living.

• Like 5

Chingus this episode was hard to watch but all these problems were piling up gradually in front of our main leads.

Da capo which translates to repeat from the beginning. It reminds me of Joon Young's monologue in episode 2 about why he never really liked competing. And later he notes "The things that I knew but chose to ignore because I didn't want to face reality are starting to show one by one. What will be waiting for me next?" Joon Young is going to face reality and not carry the burden. He's going to speak with his heart. :heart:

This is why I'm glad that in the preview, Jung Kyung and Joon Young are breaking down and finally voicing their problems to their family members. And Song Ah finally tells Joon Young that she's bothered that their music pieces are the same. They are speaking with open hearts. It may be difficult at the time being, but it's best for themselves and everyone.

The characters are not going back to where they are (in terms of old relationships), but rather they're going back to the problems that led them to where they are.  I have so much faith in this writer because each episode is written so beautifully . And of course the director and editing is delighting my eyes.

Also the umbrella is the indicator that we're coming back a circle. On Song Ah's birthday, Joon Young holds the umbrella and accompanies her to her party (even though she didn't want to go). He was there for her. And in this episode, she gifts him an umbrella. When they find resolution in their argument, he holds the umbrella for her and they hold hands together. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2