[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

so we could all apply for wife role  , if he will play piano for me , I can carry his back bag :D - that will take care of his schedule too(  I kill 2 bird with one stone )

It's so sweet to think that SA-JY will be together like forever  :fullofhearts:

But this sort clip...Ahh.. seriously this Prof Lee..how could she said such a word about SA in front of her and other people..:evillaugh:

I know am right when I choose her as No 1 annoying person at poll

Need to summons all the professional of slapping and kicking butt here @vangsweetie637

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Just finished watching with subs and ep 12 was the epitome of when it rains it pours. I can't help but empatise with SA. It feels like she's spent years swimming against the current and its no surprise that she's getting increasingly tired. Having grown up in an Asian society, I hate that there's this culture of comparison and it grates me that with social media these days, everyone feels like they have the right to judge and comment on everything. If JY is not worried about it who are all these bijs to judge that SA is not good enough. 

I think it's good that we finally see JY pushing back/distancing himself from all the unhealthy relationships in his life. Plus, if I just focus on the words, I agree that JY has great taste in women and that both would make a perfect married couple. I hope in young unni gives SA a much needed pep talk to cheer her on and we're not in for back to back episodes of pain and suffering next week :tears: 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 3

One thing that stood out from the preview was how dark SA's mark from playing the violin has become..  it has never really stood out to me until someone draws attention to it till now 

I really hope it's her fighting for her love of the violin too as she becomes more secure in her relationship with JY..

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

@Jillia I agree too that JY deserves the same support that HH and JK (as his best friends) provided him in the past. However, I think the 3 of them need some space to deal with the complexity in their relationship and figure out a new dynamic. Essentially resetting it to a time when things were simplier, if possible. 

Its been a while since i studied music but I rmb sometimes when there is da capo in the composition, there might be variations added to the repeated part. Maybe the writer is trying to convey that as it isn't the first time SA is facing issues of inferiority, this time she can approach it differently and find a way to triumph.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 9

Ahahah one would think JYP's the equivalent of BTS with all the fuss that's been going around.:unamused: Why is it everyone's damn business who JYP dates!? Ugh. Poor Song Ah, already so timid, insecure and then she shakes at mention of Jung Kyung's name. Why LoL? JYP's with you isn't he geez? Have confidence Song Ah ya~ Hwaiting! 

Oh have y'all seen the stolen glances Kim Min Jae gives Eun Bin..?:w00t: It's like is Min Jae in character or is he into her eheheh?:love:

And of course good times keep rolling with Professor Lee, the annoying Mr. Park, JYP's dad.. aish. Jung Kyung is well connected, couldn't she get another pianist? She's a pretty good teacher, if only things weren't so complicated between her and Song Ah.. maybe she can help Song Ah. 'Cause I feel Song Ah needs a good teacher to help motivate her but at the same time Song Ah's so.. delicate/fragile LoL. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Dang. Cannot watch episode 12 because subs are not out on viki. Online streaming sucks because of ads and viruses pop-outs. Aigoo.

I have to wait until it’s fully subbed. I did watch the clips available on YT with subs that barely makes sense haha. While I love the umbrella scene, all the other scenes were hard to watch and difficult to endure in wanting to kick butts. So many people just can’t and won’t mind their businesses. I want to help JY lessen his burdens and boost SA’s confidence to get rid of her insecurities. But all these people around them are pushing and shoving them to the edge of the cliff. 

:onfirex:  :headbang: :kicks:

i feel this has become a daily routine for us in almost every episodes lol.

@Just_Me haha we have all been slapping and kicking so many butts every Mon-Tues that I have gone mad and called the professionals:

lets-go-see-the-wizard

@Jillia yup, with all these annoying people getting worse each episode, it’s better to take a break from my hands and feet. Got ourselves some professional sidekicks momentarily (above) and this one too:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

SA's family:

Not sure if you all noticed the office attire that SA's sister (Song Hee) and  mother were wearing when they bumped into SA and JY outside the apartment lobby. So it turns out that both SA's sister and mother are lawyers because they are donning the distinctive pin worn by solicitors/barristers in Korea on their blazers. (We already know about Song Hee's job from a previous episode, but it didn't occur to me that SA's mother is also a lawyer until now; they seem to be working at different firms because of the way Song Hee was explaining the issues with her boss/mentor the last time).

SA's sister and mother have been portrayed as the high-achieving, more domineering personalities, while SA's father and SA seem keep a lower profile and appear more submissive (not necessarily a pushover).

On whether SA's sister and mother will become yet another obstacle to the SA-JY love story, I don't think they have any rational reason to raise objections unless JY's family gets bankrupted because of his father (fingers crossed, a k-drama trope I hope we don't have to see in DYLB).

MS & DY:

It's good to see some healthy progression in their relationship. DY finally apologised properly to MS, something he should have done long ago. I'm glad MS realised SA as the most valuable thing that she lost in the fall-out. Maybe the burnt bridges can now be mended. SA really needs a friend who can help her get through the difficult times now more than ever.

The last 4 episodes:

Hopefully, we get to see appasionato (translation: passionately) in one of the upcoming episodes or in the happy finale. Yesterday's episode has scarred many viewers so some are now predicting a bittersweet/open ending. With four episodes left, I'm still keeping the faith that SA and JY will find the path to happiness after they overcome the obstacles along the long and bumpy road.

JY breaking down in front of his mother is something that should have happened years ago. He has held it in for way too long and can no longer cope. For SA, I hope being kicked out of the chamber orchestra is the last straw and that she will finally take decisive action to stop being exploited by Professor Lee. I wonder if Haena will now turn into an ally or at least stop being an enemy towards SA (Haena witnessed SA's hugging her violin in the rehearsal room and was right next to SA when she was dismissed as a mere "assistant who will not be playing in the chamber orchestra" in front everyone at the welcome dinner).

This scene is so comforting, please remember to play it once a day when you feel like you need a hug:

• Like 5
  • Love 9
  • Insightful 3

7 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yes, maybe she is practicing more. :D Her love declaration for her violin said it all in my opinion. I don't see her, yet, give up on it.

I love the fighting for her love for violin!!! Love it!  I’m so invested in her violin journey I spend so much time thinking about it during the week!! Maybe we should have a poll about what we think about during the week to get us through! 

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Dang. Cannot watch episode 12 because subs are not out on viki. Online streaming sucks because of ads and viruses pop-outs. Aigoo.

I have to wait until it’s fully subbed. I did watch the clips available on YT with subs that barely makes sense haha. While I love the umbrella scene, all the other scenes were hard to watch and difficult to endure in wanting to kick butts. So many people just can’t and won’t mind their businesses. I want to help JY lessen his burdens and boost SA’s confidence to get rid of her insecurities. But all these people around them are pushing and shoving them to the edge of the cliff.

i feel this has become a daily routine for us in almost every episodes lol.

@Just_Me haha we have all been slapping and kicking so many butts every Mon-Tues that I have gone mad and called the professionals:

@Jillia yup, with all these annoying people getting worse each episode, it’s better to take a break from my hands and feet. Got ourselves some professional sidekicks momentarily (above) and this one too:

Love al the kick butt memes... in fact during the show as the annoying characters come out I catch myself Picturing the Hotel del Luna meme and thinking “our forum friends are all gonna be kicking butts today!” Hehe!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@Ameera Ali omo..have you been in this Brahms party before i came?? If so, let’s drink up! ;)

:sipsboba:

poor girl needs her boyfriend’s hand to hold.

You know..after all the dramas you and I have watched together, i have never kicked so many butts and delivered so many slaps than this one. :lol:

Edit:

@minsunie haha, I even wanted to bring kicking butts to this level:

IU-15.gif

Who doesn’t love this hotel owner’s awesome tactics? ;)

——

i have hopes that SA will finally tell it off to everyone especially Professor Lee and even HN. JY and SA will come out, beating all the odds and we will finally be doing this in the background:

tenor.gif?itemid=14713799

• LOL 8

@Jillia aside from all the kicking butts we have been doing, what pains me the most about these characters is that they actually do exist in real life. People like SA and JY exist too, and it hurts me to see people get stepped on like they have no value. That’s why when I see SA/JY, i want to shelter them but I want to teach them better skills to protect themselves. People like HN..i either ignore or tell them off right away. People like the professors..i will give my piece of mind calmly. I am so glad all the professors i have known were nothing like these ones. Whew. And parents like JY/SA..even JK’s..they don’t realize that they are hurting their child. Yes, parents know best but sometimes, the best isn’t always the right. I am so mad at JY’s mom even if she comes off as a kind person. She knows her husband but allows his habits to keep going. JK’s grandma is stuck in the past that she won’t even back out of it and SA’s family..we see they have higher expectations of her. These kids are hurting and it hurts me to see them hurt. We all have been on a journey to find happiness and most of us are probably still looking as we walk on. But these kids..they know their happiness or have an idea of it but it gets trampled on so badly by everyone’s negativity and expectations. This drama delivers angst and anger. I have not kicked so many butts than this one lol. But the concept of everyone’s struggles behind the curtain is so relatable that it is has the ability to sink into our minds and make us react as if we are actually right there with them. Amazing!

edit:

and with this, i say goodnight! Been up since 6am due to the live recap party. I really improved my kung-fu skills with this drama.

:loolz:

goodnight everyone! 

@annamchoi do your best to calm down while watching episode 12 but I don’t need to tell you to get your hands and feet ready!

:lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

Btw..isn’t there some kind of golden rule or maybe just kdrama fans’ rumor/rule/realization haha..that in every 16 episodes drama, episode 13-14 will be the turning point of which it will give us the most agony and angst. 

if this rule is true, we must be even more prepared for next week. Must work out my hands and feet twice as much for a more impactful hit on the annoying people :D 

alright, off to bed i go! ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

Tomorrow's BTS preview from SBS Catch...

N0qjlbabbGabKZD_lkcEdmRSXaJjYBe-RO9CzSHh

Source: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwBfkYcHZwHGu7h2EF4AaABCQ

In case the gif doesn't embed properly, see this:

This DC gallery post has captured the rollercoaster emotions of DYLB viewers perfectly :lol::

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=brahms&no=24685&_rk=EYz&page=1

@Jillia Your post below - another BTS we need to see :lol:...almost everything else from ep 12 is too depressing!

• Like 9
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

PD-nim to Kim Min Jae: "Act like you've never seen or used an umbrella before."

Kim Min Jae :lol::

Source: DCGall

@Sky8lue

We need all the cute scene and making ofs for them to carry us through the phase of angst. :lol:

Are we talking that it’s basically an umbrella PPL ? 

I haven’t watched episode 12 with sub because i am afraid i will be crying again :crymeme:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Eng subs can be turned on:

He talks about filming for DYLB, learning and playing classical music piano pieces etc. Also explains that he applied different emotions for each "I like you" line in the confession scene. He said the most memorable line is "Song Ah-ssi" because he says it so many times, and it sounds different each time. Favourite piece that he has played so far in the drama is Moonlight Sonata + Happy Birthday.

@rukizie  Umbrella PPL done right LOL. Surprisingly, watching with subs wasn't as depressing as I imagined. But still, arm yourself with a tub of ice cream.

• Like 6
  • Love 14
  • Thanks 2