Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, @Sneha! :D

And I agree. It's actually so fun because Joon Young and Song Ah communicate but at the same time they don't. I also think their lack of being able to say what they want to say is coming from them for years never saying how they felt and what they thought towards Hyun Ho and Jung Kyung and respectively Dong Yoon and Min Sung.

And they somewhat learned as well that their friends are leaving now that they know how they felt all those years. So I think to open up about maybe not so good sides (like a apartment which isn't tidied up, problems with their respective professors or personal/financial problems) is something they afraid of because what happens if either of them will leave afterwards?

Of course the correct action would be to not make the same mistake and say what needs to be said but in the end they're both human beings and they're freshly in love and nobody really wants to destroy that with the reality.

But as we can see now reality is slowly catching up with them and like you I think we will see a confrontation between them. And it could move their relationship into the right direction.

Also, never apologize for the length of your posts, it was nice to read your thoughts. :)

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some scene from the previous episode and from the preview mirror eachother.   Joon Young walking down alongside the palace grounds, smiling after asking Song Ah out. Joon Young wa

So... I watched the episode raw and the last scene touched me so much! I loved how Joon Young mirrored Song Ah. Like YES! And I loved Song Ah's speech as well.   Song Ah: "Träumerei. I thou

I think I understand JK now after watching thus far... She loved HH initially and she felt satisfaction dating him... she was the talented wealthy Princess, he was a talented Celloist (even thoug

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I can't wait to see it either. For me episode 10 is just there to move things into place for the final part of the drama. I think it's pretty clear Song Ah apart from what is going with Joon Young needs to make a decision. Especially when it comes to graduate school, her relationship with Professor and everything going on with that.

I don't think she needs to rely on Professor Lee's favor. At least I would hope that if she performs well she can make it without doing the "dirty work" for her professor.

Writing about that I actually thought... thinking back right now... that the whole conversation between Professor Lee and the professor who is supporting Jung Kyung was very interesting. When the professor heard Lee Soo Kyung had chosen Hyun Ho for her chamber orchestra, she said "you won't change... didn't you know Hyun Ho was dating Jung Kyung. You're always focusing on talent." It made me think if the professor didn't choose Jung Kyung for her talent but merely for her social background (I mean she did of course because that's how university politics work - if a professor retires it's good to have someone replacing him/her to still control the department) and her association with Kyunghoo Foundation while Professor Lee chose Hyun Ho and Song Ah... for talent? That's confusing to me.

It doesn't change though that Professor Lee is horrible. :lol:

Anyways, there is a lot ahead of us but we will get through it together. :D

I think she was being sarcastic that professor Lee "always focus on talents". She was more of teasing her with "nicer words".

And I don't think Song Ah looking painful because of the piece JK picked and played with JY, it's more to the fact that the talents and the way they played matches so well, compared to her and her piano teacher.

• Like 13
7 minutes ago, peachietime said:

I think she was being sarcastic that professor Lee "always focus on talents". She was more of teasing her with "nicer words".

And I don't think Song Ah looking painful because of the piece JK picked and played with JY, it's more to the fact that the talents and the way they played matches so well, compared to her and her piano teacher.

I mean it makes sense. :) It didn't sit well with me anyways. I guess I was just hoping to see Professor Lee not being the terrible person. But I guess I just need to accept all professors at this university are terrible people. :lol:

• Like 8
31 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, @Sneha! :D

And I agree. It's actually so fun because Joon Young and Song Ah communicate but at the same time they don't. I also think their lack of being able to say what they want to say is coming from them for years never saying how they felt and what they thought towards Hyun Ho and Jung Kyung and respectively Dong Yoon and Min Sung.

And they somewhat learned as well that their friends are leaving now that they know how they felt all those years. So I think to open up about maybe not so good sides (like a apartment which isn't tidied up, problems with their respective professors or personal/financial problems) is something they afraid of because what happens if either of them will leave afterwards?

Of course the correct action would be to not make the same mistake and say what needs to be said but in the end they're both human beings and they're freshly in love and nobody really wants to destroy that with the reality.

But as we can see now reality is slowly catching up with them and like you I think we will see a confrontation between them. And it could move their relationship into the right direction.

Also, never apologize for the length of your posts, it was nice to read your thoughts. :)

Yes, I will try not to apologize so much. Thank you for liking my thoughts. I do agree that I have alot trouble because in the past they did have to keep their thoughts to themselves. Yes, they are now scared to lose each other since they both have lost their friends. However, if they want their relationship to last then they have to disregard that which will not be easy. I too am very excited for the coming episodes to see how they deal with everything since they way they have been handling things was not what I imagined. I guess that is why I like the show so much

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Finished ep10 last night, and was clearing my thoughts on this episode. This is going to be a loooooong post so bear with me LOL This is not the easiest week to watch, but I am all for it. Our characters will not grow stronger and passing life's new chapter without going through these hardships. And I am delightfully waiting for the end of the tunnel.

The Friendships

I don't think it's fair for MS and HH to think JY and SA should just "stop loving" because no one can control their emotions like that. But, I understand them.

They are both the more oblivious ones in both triangles, and the ones that are more blunt and less sensitive/reading rooms. I think they both took SA and JY's friendships for granted, but that is also because of how much they have trusted SA and JY that they won't get betrayed, at least at the heated moment.

I agree that HH should be mad at both JY and JK, however, I can understand why he is behaving how he is right now. He is always on the lower head in his relationship with JK and his love to her is above anything. Him going to good schools is also FOR JK. He doesn't even know how to be mad at JK. He thinks JY is always going to be support him, but to him, it's almost as if JY has stabbed him from his back. Even his best intentions, the end result is JY was playing the piano for JK for 15 years, and there were unspoken romance between the two behind HH's back, and now JK is now falling for JY. If HH would have known earlier, things might change sooner, but at least it would be "fair" to HH so both of them are on the same battleground. If JY cannot "stop loving", then it's true that JY should have told HH instead of having this under table sending birthday CDs for 15 years.

SA told JY to not hide the fact that MS and DY slept, because that made her the fool that she hates to be. But she did the exact same thing to MS. 

But also, HH and MS both trusted their best friends to a point that they lash out the worst of themselves in front of them. They expected their friends so much that it's worst than the betrayal from their lovers. It's unfair to JY and SA, but it's also how friendships sometimes are. The words HH and MS said might be childish, and not what they truly meant/think if we have given them time, but it's human to make mistakes and have hurt your friends along the way (or families). This is the true test on whether the friendship will come back stronger, and for them to realize their mistakes and how they have hurt the friends who have their best hearts, that they have taken their friendships for granted, and how to grow up from that.

JK & SA

While some might hate the fact that JK told SA about her waiting for JY, I don't "hate" it as much. She is always the one who is blunt and upfront. She never hides the fact that she is falling out of love with HH, and she wasn't trying to hide the fact that she met JY in NY. 

While I want her to just move on, not only for JY but for her own's sake, being the self-destructive JK fashion, it's normal that she wouldn't find the best route to go with the least heartache.

Now, we can't control our feelings, just like we don't think HH and MS should tell JY and SA to "stop loving", we can't tell JK to "stop loving" as well. She said she isn't going to do anything, but she will just wait. That means she is reserving her heart but she isn't going to actively pursue him either. Then what can we say to her? She is just being honest to SA instead of hiding while waiting, that would be more sneaky because that way SA can't do anything to prepare for it nor to be careful for.

Our Lovebirds

This is a hard week for SA, she is constantly being told that she isn't good enough. And she is in fact, knowing professor Lee's intent with what she's helping her for. HN's words might be harsh and we know it's not SA's intent, however, that's what she is putting herself into helping professor Lee and HN is merely being the blunt one to say it out loud. I am sure people behind SA's back would be saying the exact same thing.

Instead of worrying JY doesn't love her enough, it's more about the weight of that 15 years, is she good enough to overcome that. It is normal for anyone to think that way. I would be comparing myself to my boyfriend's 15 years best friend if his whole life and family is entangled with hers, let alone my boyfriend loved her for 15 years? JY had told her verbally and by action that he cares a lot for SA, but time has its weight, and they are only beginning. This is something bound to happen and I am hopeful to how they would resolve this, and become a stronger couple.

JY & Professor Yoo

I would take this as an improvement, from the things happened in the past 9 episodes, that JY has slowly learned to open up and have better communication. I am so glad we get to see what consumed the relationship between this pair, and they finally talked about it. It's not only the professor being petty, though. JY on the other hand, also disapproved Professor Yoo's teaching method, and that doesn't help. Professor Yoo was hurt that JY doesn't like his teaching so much to the point he escaped and skipped classes. 

JY took the lead to sit down and had a drink. Open himself up on his thoughts. Killing the white elephant, yes! It's okay for people to have different values, as long as they compliment each other and move to a better place. Keeping that white elephant in the room for all these years, did nothing to both of them.

Future Episodes

While I understand MS and HH are making mistakes in their lives and hurting those who are closest, I do think they took SA and JY for granted, which is a lesson learned. They have given up their friendships and they would need some serious "chasing" to win back the two friends. 

JY and SA talks, slowly by slowly, so I would need to see them finally talking about everything, which I understand it's not going to be like ok first week of our relationship let's talk about EVERY darkest secrets we have in our hearts. So I am ok that it's taking time, but as long as they are moving towards that direction, I am fine riding with them on this journey together, even if it's slow.

I am just a bit worried that there's still so much to overcome and to talk about, will it be enough in the next 6 episodes? Hoping for a not rushed finale!

Final Thoughts

Loving the pains and the tears on the way to be the grown up, happier gang! 

51 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I mean it makes sense. :) It didn't sit well with me anyways. I guess I was just hoping to see Professor Lee not being the terrible person. But I guess I just need to accept all professors at this university are terrible people. :lol:

Haha! Professor Yoo isn't "AS" terrible because at least they showed us why and how it became the way it is now, but the violin professors? Ouch!

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Sneha said:

Yes, I will try not to apologize so much. Thank you for liking my thoughts. I do agree that I have alot trouble because in the past they did have to keep their thoughts to themselves. Yes, they are now scared to lose each other since they both have lost their friends. However, if they want their relationship to last then they have to disregard that which will not be easy. I too am very excited for the coming episodes to see how they deal with everything since they way they have been handling things was not what I imagined. I guess that is why I like the show so much

Yes, pretty much anything I thought would happen didn't. :lol: So in the regard it's kinda fun and exciting to see what the drama got in store for us. I think we will have lot to discuss about the next episodes as well.

I also wanted to add for the apartment scene that with Joon Young trying to open up to Song Ah which is a positive thing, it was a rather unfortunate coincidence that the cup broke which led to Song Ah discovering Jung Kyung's handkerchief. The broken pieces of the cup surrounding Joon Young could be seen as the many conflicts which separate them still. But also the fragments of what is standing between them (her feeling inferior and insecure, him having lost his love for music, and both having lost their friends). Without Song Ah, Joon Young would've had a hard time to clean up the broken shards on his own. Song Ah wants to help him but Joon Young stops her because of course her hands are just important as him but there is a sadness in that he doesn't mind getting injured when his hands are important as well. It shows how he feels towards the fact he is a pianist.

Anyways, in the end they can try all they want but eventually all those conflicts will come back to them until they both address them and somehow solve them. :D

• Like 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, peachietime said:

While some might hate the fact that JK told SA about her waiting for JY, I don't "hate" it as much.

Truth, she was frank about her intention witch is good being upfront. But I guess what I did not like was that she said JY would come back to her. Saying that she insinuated JY using SA as a short fling while his big love is JK and that he plan to go back to her. To me that is mean thing to say and JK is not respecting SA and JY relationship. It is shitty thing to say to your friend girlfriend. No matter your own feelings there should be some respect when they already dating. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I will watch episode 10 later on. But guys, if I remember correctly, JY does know that SA is playing Frank’s Sonata. That scene when SA/JA having lunch and SA is trying to muster up her courage to ask if JY can be her accompanist because the piece she is playing requires a really good pianist, she did mention that she was playing this specific piece. But JY was so engrossed in what Professor Yoo told him about how people will think SA is using him to climb up the ladder that he didn’t listen wholeheartedly to her and provided her with a comfort she didn’t need to hear (that the awkwardness is because this is the first time she is playing with the pianist with her). I think this was in the same episode as the confession episode. 

correct me if I am wrong @Jillia @gracebkk @annamchoi

• Like 6

I just rewatched the lunch scene and she never mentioned the specific name of the  piece she was playing for her exam. She did say that the piano accompaniment was very important for it but did not give e name of piece

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, Dana T said:

I just rewatched the lunch scene and she never mentioned the specific name of the  piece she was playing for her exam. She did say that the piano accompaniment was very important for it but did not give e name of piece

thanks! For some reason, I keep thinking there is a scene she mentioned it. It just lingers in my mind as if it happened :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I also hope that the next episode's opening scene will be JY seeing SA thru the window and go to her. It will somehow give SA a much needed moral boost. The 15 years of JK and JY friendship sure is a huge baggage to carry around.  I'm still hopeful that the choice of playing Franck's Sonata was an innocent one and not done out of malice.  

As for MS, correct me if I'm wrong but I think her and DY dated for a short period back in college, I think this was mentioned in the previous episodes. So I do get why she was a bit angry at SA. But still DY is still a RickRoll'D! Imagine dating the other friend inspite of having feelings for the other one. It's like he doesn't really value MS and just used her to masked his real feelings for SA.

• Like 7

Hello all, been reading your comments which are all very interesting!

I will be the minority and say I enjoyed the duet between Jung-kyung and Joon-young. They showed they had chemistry playing together, as befits friends of 15 years, and they communicated during playing (ie, looking at each other), which is very important for music.

Song-ah feels awful because Jung-kyung is playing the way she would want to, and with Joon-young of all people, but at this stage, she needs to start questioning what it is she wants out of music and life.

• Like 9

@Jillia

On 9/28/2020 at 12:31 PM, Jillia said:

But I genuinely think she meant it as a teacher. She said herself it's something she believes she can be good at.

Its interesting that there are several examples of 'teachers' on this show.  Will JK be the type of teacher like JY's professor Yoo   "Being a good teacher doesn't always make a great performer" or the lazy, jealous and scheming professors Song and Lee. Full of self importance and deep resentments.  Do any of them love music anymore?  I'm sure they did not start as they have ended up, but it makes me think that with JK's personality and her "talent" having gone AWOL...are we maybe seeing how she might end up?

As to the update on the big reveal with SA/DY/MS/JY/HH (hard to keep all of these names straight)  The heart wants what it wants.  It's a bit arrogant for HH and MS to be as angry with SA and JY because they liked DY and KJ.  DY and MS had been broken up for awhile, and she seemed more angry because SA held a secret back from her.  Same can be said for HH and JY.  Main point is that SA and JY where true friends.  They stayed still, supported their friends, comforted and counseled and didn't cause heartache or drama.  They were unselfish and showed true love - hopping others could be happier with their chosen mates.  I have no patience for them.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

@Jillia

Its interesting that there are several examples of 'teachers' on this show.  Will JK be the type of teacher like JY's professor Yoo   "Being a good teacher doesn't always make a great performer" or the lazy, jealous and scheming professors Song and Lee. Full of self importance and deep resentments.  Do any of them love music anymore?  I'm sure they did not start as they have ended up, but it makes me think that with JK's personality and her "talent" having gone AWOL...are we maybe seeing how she might end up?

As to the update on the big reveal with SA/DY/MS/JY/HH (hard to keep all of these names straight)  The heart wants what it wants.  It's a bit arrogant for HH and MS to be as angry with SA and JY because they liked DY and KJ.  DY and MS had been broken up for awhile, and she seemed more angry because SA held a secret back from her.  Same can be said for HH and JY.  Main point is that SA and JY where true friends.  They stayed still, supported their friends, comforted and counseled and didn't cause heartache or drama.  They were unselfish and showed true love - hopping others could be happier with their chosen mates.  I have no patience for them.

I agree I think their friends would be more grateful to them for holding back and not acting on their feelings while they were still in a relationship. I mean lbh if they had told them it's not like they would've been happy to hear it and said "ok I'll step aside and let you have them" of course not so for them to work thru the feelings on their own was the only way to be supportive of their friends. 

• Like 9

Watching episode 10 and at the apartment scene. Why are they looking for wet wipes to clean the mess?

Isn’t that the job of a broom?

giphy.gif

edit:

And yep, that suitcase needs to go. Like now.

200.gif

not only are the peeps annoying me but even objects are getting on my nerves too.

aigoo.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, peachietime said:

I agree that HH should be mad at both JY and JK, however, I can understand why he is behaving how he is right now. He is always on the lower head in his relationship with JK and his love to her is above anything. Him going to good schools is also FOR JK. He doesn't even know how to be mad at JK. He thinks JY is always going to be support him, but to him, it's almost as if JY has stabbed him from his back. Even his best intentions, the end result is JY was playing the piano for JK for 15 years, and there were unspoken romance between the two behind HH's back, and now JK is now falling for JY. If HH would have known earlier, things might change sooner, but at least it would be "fair" to HH so both of them are on the same battleground. If JY cannot "stop loving", then it's true that JY should have told HH instead of

@peachietime Your comment made me think a bit more about HH and JK's relationship.  Did it seem to you or anyone else watching that HH had a naive view of his 10 year relationship with JK and how it had been perceived by others or what his role would have been if he successfully married into that family.  I thought it was telling when JK's Dad and Grandmother where having lunch and she asked him the rather insightful question of how it felt to be in a place where he didn't belong...not the restaurant but his role in a Chaebol household having come from a humble farming background.  

So, for Grandmother, with JK inheriting the Foundation, is JY any better of a suitor for JK than HH?  Would Grandma be more open and accepting of this relationship?

In regards to the triangle between JK/JY/HH.  Why did JK choose HH?  All of the flashbacks from previous episodes show a lukewarm relationship - yet the flashbacks of JK and JY are deep with shared loneliness and comfort.  The blame of this triangle lays at the feet of JK.  She KNEW that JY liked her all along...you can't deny 15 years of CD's.  She did not put a stop to his feelings.  She allowed it to continue because JY provided something for her that HH did not.  JK hurt both HH and JY.  You know what they say, "hurt people hurt people."

47 minutes ago, Aziraphale said:

Song-ah feels awful because Jung-kyung is playing the way she would want to, and with Joon-young of all people, but at this stage, she needs to start questioning what it is she wants out of music and life.

@Aziraphale

I agree with your comment.  Why does SA need to get a Masters in music?  Why does she need to stay in a place that constantly puts her down?  I love music and art.  I'm no Van Goh - or Mozart but I still love it and enjoy it as often as I can.  So why does she have this masochistic need to be there - to get this degree?  Can't loving it and enjoying it be enough?  I think that for SA the reason that she is there is because she hopes that by being successful in something that she loves - it will give her definition.  Music communicates, and as much as SA tries, she can't.  She struggles with communicating verbally at times just as she must struggle with communication musically.  I thought that it was interesting that she was ok playing the violin piece alone but when the piano accompanist tried to play with her it was awkward and difficult.  So, seeing JK and JY playing so beautifully together - that was a type of communication that SA longs deeply for with others and especially with JY.

I've read a few predictions on a break up.  I think that JY has the most pressure at this point.  Like the flashback (not sure which episode 9 or 10) He is going to be put in a situation where he will have to completely focus on the competition and SA's wavering along with Manager Park's machinations will just add fuel to the fire.  I think that JY will have to walk away in order to focus and SA will have to get strong, say no to people for a change and decide what to do about her musical career.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 5
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic