[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

So..when SA mentions about her music piece..JY mentions that SA’s piece for the graduate exam is “Frank’s Sonata.” So then...why doesn’t he realize it’s the same piece JK chose then??

Did he not connect the dots that SA and JK are playing the same piece because he seemed pretty calmed about it???

:rubchin:

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

So..when SA mentions about her music piece..JY mentions that SA’s piece for the graduate exam is “Frank’s Sonata.” So then...why doesn’t he realize it’s the same piece JK chose then??

Did he not connect the dots that SA and JK are playing the same piece because he seemed pretty calmed about it???

If I'm not mistaken this is the second time I've read the same question in this thread.   Well I guess we'll find out the answer tonight if he's offering his help.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rukizie said:

New still man. Dang,will she accept his request to be her partner ?

It'd be totally awesome if SA comes out of her hesitant shell and ends up playing the best she's ever had after partnering with JY. Likewise, JY might find his mojo as he'll be playing out of love not obligation and be reminded of his carefree younger days. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

And Joon Young is completely smitten. :D

Source: DCGall

Oh and that's a really nice idea. A unbreakable cup!:wub: And it would be something very personal in his very unpersonal apartment.

Our Joon Young seems so whipped over her. He found her very cute. Running like that. Gosh his smile :crymeme:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

If I'm not mistaken this is the second time I've read the same question in this thread.   Well I guess we'll find out the answer tonight if he's offering his help.  

hi chingu! :D this is a question i been curious about because even SA asks herself “why is it the same piece as mine?” whereas JY doesn’t seem to be bothered about it. I don’t know if it’s because he can’t connect the dots or because he doesn’t care since he is only helping JK as the pianist and not as a friend. I hope this gets answered because i find it strange that it matters to SA but not to JY.

@Jillia see, I wouldn’t wonder too much if SA herself isn’t curious as well. To see that SA is curious, it may mean that JK intentionally picked the piece but JY doesn’t know this because he doesn’t care about JK anymore romantically. To him, like you said, it can just be a musical piece to land her the job. But if he comes to ask SA that he will be her pianist because of the song, then it means he 1) figured it out or 2) wants to help her because he loves her and knows the piece is important to her. If she accepts the offer this time, we may actually see the duet performance we all want :D

49 minutes ago, Abirami Ramakrishnan said:

The way she runs really is cute  <3 

She got him a cup that doesn't break maybe ?

or..a box of matches with SA’s signature to burn that handkerchief hiding in the suitcase..

(You thought we forgot all about you, huh, handkerchief)..

:joy:

33 minutes ago, rukizie said:

Our Joon Young seems so whipped over her. He found her very cute. Running like that. Gosh his smile 

I love that JY smiles so much around SA even since the earlier episodes!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Watched ep. 11 and for the time being I have to say: I love our dimple couple, but I dislike almost everybody else . Man, they are sooooo toxic!!!!
It is disappointing! I mean, about the show in itself… 
But at least, Kim Min jae and Park Eun bin are saving the show. :)
Really, why, why, why all these so called teachers have to be so trashy??
Even Jung kyung with all her selfishness is a better teacher than all of them together!
Speaking of, I liked how she managed to defend HH in front of bloddy professor Song (song is her name, isnt it?) and told her some truths…

I wish all these young musicians would make an independent movement, rebel against this stupid school and become better than their stupid so called teachers.
All of them are better than the adults in this show.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, lovesparklys said:

Second: I am more understanding of Song Ah's friend MS because SA, MS, and DY have know each other for 10 years. During that time, it appears, MS and DY dated for 100 days or more. MS shares everything with SA so if she and DY slept together and I am sure they did , she shared it with SA. She also shared with SA that she never stopped liking him.  That is why SA felt bad for liking DY and knew that he liked her back because they were talking and spending time together without MS.  Let's face it, several incidents of DY and SA spending time together were done behind MS's back (pretending that she did not get him the airport and just found out about the welcome back party and talking to him while he was in Italy knowing he was ignoring MS). SA and DY did treat MS like a fool.  When SA said to DY they should have stayed friends, it was because she knew that she allowed it to go too far.  I consider their triangle a little different because DY advances to SA were not met with the same resistance as JK's advances towards JY.

This is also why DY and SA would not work because he also wanted to hide sleeping with MS and treat SA like a fool.  I think DY encouraged SA in the violin because he liked her and wanted to spend time with her not help her reach her potential because he told HH she was not good at it and it was especially evident when the friends said if he was a good teacher she would not have needed 3 to 4 rejections.  

Sorry to cut your post. This is the thought I originally wanted to reply to you but got caught up with recaps lol. 

In regards to MS, I understand if she felt like a fool and especially because she believed the relationship she had with SA was a “no secrets hidden” one. It is overwhelming to believe that and find out that there was indeed a secret. Makes her feel that she was being foolish, believing in the motto of her friendship with SA. Even SA doesn’t like feeling like a fool herself. No one does.

I didn’t get the chance to rewatch the scene you mentioned that she and DY dated for 100 days. However, if this is the case, I still don’t think MS should be angry about it. First, she told SA that as a friend, she shouldn’t like him. That’s what friends do. To me, that’s tough because you can’t control feelings. Also, the thing that makes me upset about MS and HH is that both are willing to be mad at their “best friend” even to the point of ending the friendship whereas they put no fault into the other two who contributed as well. It is not DY’s fault that he likes SA. MS acknowledges this. But not once does she think about how SA felt or feels. It goes back to her only. She thinks about herself again only and of DY only too. HH is the same. He isn’t mad at JK for liking JY and can’t even hate her yet he is able to hate JY so easily. The thing is this..if they feel that SA/JY should not have liked the ones they liked, they should also approach DY/JK with the same statement: “you were dating me so you should have not liked my friend either.” But here, MS acknowledges that she cannot change DY’s feelings but expect that SA changed hers. It isn’t right. It makes SA feel worse. And even when SA tries to explain and apologizes, MS instantly brushes her off without even listening. HH does the same thing. They just will not allow JY/SA to speak their side of the story because they are positive that this is how friends should be and that they broke the golden rule of friendship. They choose to not see that SA and JY never acted on their likings. They loved their friends more than their own feelings hence they decided to keep it hidden. HH himself even said if JY couldn’t hide it, he should have told him so he could have done something to make sure JK didn’t waver. Uhhh..see, in the end, it’s only about JK to HH. MS even told SA that she should have backed off on her feelings for DY. It’s all about DY. Again, they are placing fault in their best friends only and don’t see that these two value the friendship more than the “like”. As i said, if MS is hurt because she always believed SA and her shared everything then it’s understandable. Then it should have been about that. She should have asked “why did you hide it from me?” instead of “you shouldn’t have liked him.” Friends who claim to be best friends ask questions like that so they can understand what happened and what is happening. It should not resort to her having to tell SA that it’s her fault for liking DY. SA could have liked DY even before she did. Who knows. If MS really means what she says about SA being her best friend, she needs to think about SA too. Right now, she is only thinking about her own hurt and is ignoring SA’s own pains. I will say this again: she took and is still taking SA for granted. Same goes for HH with JY. 

Even though this trio’s love situation is different from JY’s trio when it comes to how JK and DY approached JY/SA, the similarities in how both HH and MS chose to deal with the truth is very much the same. I can understand MS’s shock from finding out that SA hid this secret when she believed they had none. But it should not have resorted to guilt-tripping and ignoring the friendship especially if the bond really meant that much in the first place. 

Sorry for my long rant on MS. To me, I just disagree with her approach/treatment towards SA (same with HH) They are best friends, after all. Of course she can be mad and upset. But I honestly feel she is taking SA for granted and it’s sad because SA is such a kind, warm-hearted person. 

Edit:

@Jillia right? I found it strange that SA reacted but JY did not. It’s just too weird. He knows how important this is to SA but now he also knows or knew that it’s the same piece as JK’s choice. Btw, those new stills..seems like we will be kicking more butts tomorrow. Aigoo.

@annamchoi the gifs/pictures you included is actually one of the saddest scene for SA. I teared up when she was thinking about her and JK’s difference in meeting JY too late. 

——

also, help me out here. I don’t know much about music but i kept thinking why does the song by Gummy sound so familiar at the beginning..it’s because it sounds just like one of my favorite musical piece by Chopin:

is it just me or does it sound similar right before Gummy begins to sing? I mean, it is still a beautiful song nonetheless. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

51 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

hi chingu! :D this is a question i been curious about because even SA asks herself “why is it the same piece as mine?” whereas JY doesn’t seem to be bothered about it. I don’t know if it’s because he can’t connect the dots or because he doesn’t care since he is only helping JK as the pianist and not as a friend. I hope this gets answered because i find it strange that it matters to SA but not to JY.

@Jillia see, I wouldn’t wonder too much if SA herself isn’t curious as well. To see that SA is curious, it may mean that JK intentionally picked the piece but JY doesn’t know this because he doesn’t care about JK anymore romantically. To him, like you said, it can just be a musical piece to land her the job. But if he comes to ask SA that he will be her pianist because of the song, then it means he 1) figured it out or 2) wants to help her because he loves her and knows the piece is important to her. If she accepts the offer this time, we may actually see the duet performance we all want :D

or..a box of matches with SA’s signature to burn that handkerchief hiding in the suitcase..

(You thought we forgot all about you, huh, handkerchief)..

:joy:

I love that JY smiles so much around SA even since the earlier episodes!

Hahahah I love the matches idea. Omg JY's smiles literally light up the room and the fact that SA is the reason for it is defo icing on the cake. I literally cannot get enough of the two of them!

tumblr_m6z267yzw41ranhnao1_400.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@vangsweetie637 @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ

I just hope it's not a mistake in the writing and that we might get an answer to it in tonight's episode. :D Because I thought it was interesting Joon Young didn't react. Like even if he didn't want to mention to Song Ah about it (since he doesn't know she knows he and Jung Kyung played the same piece) I would've expected a slight reaction of uneasiness, at least for us viewers to see.

But again, I hope episode 12 will enlighten us about it. :D

And OMO~~~ Handkerchiefs would be cute as well! :wub:

New stills are out and I just want to slap that smile out of Professor Lee's face.

Sorry  to cut your post....but I don't like what's in those pics!  SA looks like she's about to cry!  And if I am not mistaken this is what she is wearing when that busybody manager is confronting her...so please stop piling it on.  Are we in on a tearjerker of an episode?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

@rukizie @cherrhys88 @debbsthebee all i can say is this: we need to gear up on tonight’s episode. Professor Lee, SJ and perhaps even Professor Yoo and HN will make us rage with annoyance. But this time, we will resort to higher methods:

3I2pRH2.gif

:P

41 minutes ago, emmafaye said:

Watched ep. 11 and for the time being I have to say: I love our dimple couple, but I dislike almost everybody else . Man, they are sooooo toxic!!!!
It is disappointing! I mean, about the show in itself… 
But at least, Kim Min jae and Park Eun bin are saving the show. :)
Really, why, why, why all these so called teachers have to be so trashy??
Even Jung kyung with all her selfishness is a better teacher than all of them together!
Speaking of, I liked how she managed to defend HH in front of bloddy professor Song (song is her name, isnt it?) and told her some truths…

I wish all these young musicians would make an independent movement, rebel against this stupid school and become better than their stupid so called teachers.
All of them are better than the adults in this show.

Professor Lee is the correct name. Professor Song is the other one who favors JK. But I agree. All the peeps here are toxic around Dimples couple:

evil-step-mother.gif

Edit:

Alright Brahms crew, i am heading to sleep so I can wake up in 5 hrs to catch live recaps again. 

and if you guys don’t want to use weapons, there is also this:

Spoiler

tumblr_neuoo5kzx61txeruoo1_r4_500.gif

we won’t miss the spots on our annoying people. We have good shoe aims :P :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@vangsweetie637 are we going to have a battle tonight?  I've already posted my own rant  last week so I was thinking of only choosing the positive scene for this week.  However they do keep attacking our nerve every time.  I believe the Prof didn't even give SA the $ for her bus fare / meal etc just to get her brooch from the seller.  :angry:

@Jillia I wonder what is the effect of playing the same piece of music besides being compared by others?  It's not against the rule right because they can choose whichever piece.  This is the part that I'm not sure of.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

also, help me out here. I don’t know much about music but i kept thinking why does the song by Gummy sound so familiar at the beginning..it’s because it sounds just like one of my favorite musical piece by Chopin:

is it just me or does it sound similar right before Gummy begins to sing? I mean, it is still a beautiful song nonetheless. 

Sorry to cut your post. I read in a Weibo post (no original korean news source available for verification though) that the opening chords of a Chopin piece was specially used in the intro of Gummy's song because the composers wanted to incorporate the classical music theme of DYLB. (Side note: presume that the composers acquired the rights to use the opening chords or are relying on 'sampling' though this is controversial in the world of music copyright, so hopefully there are no such problems here.)

Musings about episode 11 (of vertical lines and horizontal bridges):

https://twitter.com/azuresky2020/status/1313388161439985664?s=20

012b8fe55f6146969197eab62fbf16b9.jpeg?s=

"...On October 6, the drama revealed new stills of Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young meeting in a practice room. He smiles brightly at her with a hopeful glint in his eyes, and she looks quizzically at him with a wary gaze. It seems like he is persistently going to ask to be her accompanist. Chae Song Ah rejected his offer before, but viewers are wondering if she will accept his request this time..."

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1429833wpp/kim-min-jae-expresses-his-desire-to-be-park-eun-bins-accompanist-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Kim Min Jae Expresses His Desire To Be Park Eun Bin’s Accompanist In “Do You Like Brahms?”

012b8fe55f6146969197eab62fbf16b9.jpeg?s=

Oct 6, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” has shared a new look at the upcoming episode!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about classical musicians who are torn between their dream and the harshness of reality as they pursue their love of music. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, an aspiring violinist who enters the field later in life than her peers.

Spoiler

Previously, Chae Song Ah saw Park Joon Young playing a duet with his friend Lee Jung Kyung (Park Ji Hyun). She was amazed by their perfect harmony, but she also felt disheartened by the gap between their unimaginable talent and her own hard work. Then he surprised her with his sudden request to be her accompanist.

On October 6, the drama revealed new stills of Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young meeting in a practice room. He smiles brightly at her with a hopeful glint in his eyes, and she looks quizzically at him with a wary gaze. It seems like he is persistently going to ask to be her accompanist. Chae Song Ah rejected his offer before, but viewers are wondering if she will accept his request this time.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1429833wpp/kim-min-jae-expresses-his-desire-to-be-park-eun-bins-accompanist-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 5

Finished episode 11..and come here..wow so many to catch up..and it's seem there's 2 distinct mood here...being soft for dimple couple and being rage for Sung Jae and Prof Lee:D 

Here's some random thoughts and opinions after watch the episode:

- Song Ah unanswered question (yet) "Between the years you two have known each other. Is there any space for me?"

She keep questioning this since JY failed to answer it at first place. So I kinda wish that JY will give clear answer to SA in this episode.  Song Ah don't need any space there, cause all those 15 years is already in the PAST and Song Ah already have special space in Joon Young present days and future(hopefully). 

But still JY comforting SA by hold her hand without a word is heartwarming.

- Sung Jae said it with wrong intention, but he see Song Ah capabilities objectively. Maybe Song Ah should start think deeply about her future. If she do really want to be performer then she have to overcome her insecurity and stay strong. I think it's same with the SA accompany pianist said. It's hurt but that's something SA need to hear to help her make up her mind. I hope writer-nim not dragging SA insecurity issues for too long.

- Prof. Lee ask SA going all the way to Dojoen for personal errand. Wow..this is too much and Song Ah know it too. This, kicked out HH because of his past relationship with JK, Hae Na harsh words (but there's some truth on it) and it's seems there's another one at Prof Lee group dinner looking at the new stills. I hope all of this will make SA realize that's Prof Lee is not worth to be helped. No matter how much SA want to enter graduate school

- HH pick up JY phone calls after only 2 tones. This is give me hope that their friendship still can be saved. HH said those hurtful words towards JY before like he didn't want to be friend JY anymore. If he really hate (there's no reason for it of course) he won't pick up the call and JY will text instead. But they give this small scene. Maybe after some thoughts HH will came around and approach JY first. Then have real honest, heart to heart conversation. My guess, Min Soeng will do the same too. She will come to SA first. She cherish SA. She just has moment of bursts of anger..feel being foolish for not realize SA feelings because she like 100% believe her as bestie. For a moment HH and MS are forget that JY and SA are only human before best friend..that couldn't control their feelings.

- I found it interesting that JK and SA are now have similar but opposite situation regarding their choice of being violinist. JK even said before that she want to be performer in front of Grandma yet she apply to be Prof so she could prove to other people and maybe to escape from her Grandma. She loves violin (she looks happy that she almost smile while playing it). SA she loves violin too. there's other job possibilities looking at her abilities, but she choose to be performer and she wants to prove that she could achieve it. 

Maybe there will be twist, that both will end up the opposite from what they intend to. JK will be great prof but she should follow her heart to be happy. Maybe she won't do the recital and leave her Prof and be a performer somewhere. And HH could be Prof insted:D

And SA with her smart brain and her love for music she may will be great impresario (like many predicts)

- looking at how her mother death seem affected JK so much, at first a I thought that they have lovely mother daughter relationship. Her mother died at same date of JK birthday right? So is there anything happen related to JK that cause her mom die? I am curious..but, JK has to let it go whatever it is that attach her to her mother death so she can grow up and maybe finally be happy and can looking into her feelings properly. 

And for the preview for tonight episode, 

- Grandma ask JK to work at company again, but she refuse it..maybe she finally can make up her mind of what she really want to do.

- JY's mom..maybe it's something about her illness or maybe about JY's dad. (Idk but maybe his dad is already passed away? And her mom keep it secret all this time?) 

-Sung Jae told off SA to stay away from JY? :rage:..but I believe JY would never ever let SA go easily..and to Ms. Cha words I believe..that JY will never give up first. I hope SA is strong enough to stay by his side..

Lastly, tonight episode will be great and start to reveal how things will resolve

• Like 5
  • Love 1