[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

32 minutes ago, Yq Tan said:

I got anxious why are their expressions seems not fluffy. TBH in this rate i'm really afraid abt the ending. My precious 2 monthss.. i got so invested in this show and cannot focus on another

• Like 10

@Yq Tan Thank you! It does look like a recent shoot, since they are already wearing coats. So probably a change of season? Hopefully not the usual time jump in the last episode.

@Melly Trw  That's the first thing I noticed as well, their somber expressions. I'm also not able to watch another drama except for Alice since they are of different genre. I'm still hoping for a good ending for our couple though.

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, rafeusjanela said:

Thank you, @Yq Tan

Did I see it wrong or was Song Ah's hair kind of curly in that scene? :O Interesting. 

It does look like she has wavy hair. And seems that they're wearing late autumn/early winter attire? Some are guessing a time skip (post-graduation?), but it might just be a matter of a few weeks. I went to re-watch episode 12 and verified the latest available time stamp (see the bus ticket for SA-JY's day excursion to Daejeon) as 2020.10.08. Assuming this is in YYYY.MM.DD format, the story is presently set in early autumn?

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Omo~~~ Will this be in one of the last episodes. Since they were filming episode 14 a couple weeks ago. They must be filming the last episode(s) now. :D

Fingers crossed that this will be in episode 14/15 and not the finale! A lot of complaints will be filed against SBS if the ending scene is the two of them strolling along Deoksugung Stone Wall looking solemn. I can't imagine SBS risking their bluray prepayment orders...so hopefully we will not have to worry about some Shakespearean tragedy ending coming our way!

• Like 12
  • Love 1

@Jillia Yea it does look like some final scenes. So sad thinking about the drama is coming to an end

@cherrhys88 Yes I'm hoping it's not a time jump too. I saw a comment somewhere saying that maybe it's not because JY is still using the same bag <_< PS: Ok maybe a time jump but not like years later

@Sky8lue Oh if that's the case then a time skip seems unavoidable - I think they have filmed the graduation ceremony scene and the timeline is probably Feb 2021 if I'm not wrong. Hahahaha I don't think they could sell 1000 units with an open ending:joy:

Edited by Yq Tan
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Melly Trw said:

I got anxious why are their expressions seems not fluffy. TBH in this rate i'm really afraid abt the ending. My precious 2 monthss.. i got so invested in this show and cannot focus on another

yeah really notice their expression... But then we do not know the context and it is just a small part of the scene as it looks like they stop to talk. So do not want to over analyze this little video. Just hope for no open ending but a satisfying ending for all the harsh things they going true. :) 

• Like 14

Spoiler warning for future scenes:

(Source: Two recent posts in DYLB Weibo which did not quote original source. Might be from a K-netizen's IG post??)

In any case, it looks like there are multiple scenes filmed in the day and night at Deoksugung Stone Wall, so the sequence of events is unclear. Also heard that filming will end next week. Still can't believe we are nearing the end.

Echoing @sal2 @cherrhys88 @Jillia , let's keep our fingers crossed for a proper and satisfying ending. The DYLB cast and crew (even the BTS film crew) really seem to get along superbly - there's always so much joy and laughter on the set! I'm sure they are striving to deliver their best in the last four episodes :)

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 6

@Yq Tan thanks for sharing the bts..

this is it! Reality bites. Finale nears!:(

Frankly speaking, Im uneasy upon seeing the bts..

Pdnim! No open ending pls! Im not fond of it...Jaebal one happy ending for SA and JY that will make our heart flutter and happiest! They deserve it..:Please:

Thank you!

@Sky8lue thank you for sharing another set of bts..same sentiments @sal2 @cherrhys88 & @Jillia  one proper satisfying ending..

Ciurious about SA's character reveal

How can we not have one happy ending for these two cuties!:loveu:

parkeunbin04-20201008-213006-1 parkeunbin04-20201008-213006-0 parkeunbin04-20201008-213006-3

• Like 7
  • Love 8

So do you all still remember the character chart posted by SBS before the drama started? Apparently there's a detail there that JY and SA have no "love line" connecting them. I got this from Twitter. Now I'm even more confused and worried! Oh no! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Shocked 3

11 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

So do you all still remember the character chart posted by SBS before the drama started? Apparently there's a detail there that JY and SA have no "love line" connecting them. I got this from Twitter. Now I'm even more confused and worried! Oh no! 

Oh no! Im really getting worried too ..

Can we hope for a change of heart of writernim?!

Sidenote: I rechecked the chart now..indeed no love line between SA and JY.hopeful still for some changes.. towards the last 4 episodes.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

I  am telling myself it's one of those scenes like when JY told SA about JK and then confessing..

I think the chart is just meant to tease the show rather than revealing the end.. it would be a complete waste of all the time we have spent till now if they remain friends.. and also inconsistent with the character buildup so far..

Keeping my fingers crossed

• Like 14

Some fans are in a league of their own. The master who created this: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=brahms&no=25904

Video under spoiler as it's an unlisted video:

Spoiler

No. of times JY has said "Song Ah ssi" in episodes 1-12 is a whopping 93. Average of 7.75 times per episode.

Subbed BTS:

A piano cover of an OST complete with fanart:

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 6

Hi Everyone!

Work getting busy but caught up a little bit! Great to see some new people and those I recognize too

@Jillia and @ponderings @Sky8lue   and others have great thoughts and comments.

@ponderings Thanks for the reminder to be sensitive with "depression" "Suicide" and mental illness terms. 

These two cuties on their BTS video --smiles and gentle and warm comfort chemistry translates well. Thanks for the Kim Min Jae interview @Sky8lue

Cannot lurk as much as I want nowadays but the goodies, BTS, and pics and GIFS are cute.

-Frustrated that SA has to go through so much as she is grappling with what to do though she tried to talk to Professor Lee (regarding HH) then later to be introduced as Assistant and just all around asked for favor to go to Daejeon for a brooch? Gosh shaking my head about Prof. Lee.The actress by raising her voice to talk in such a high tone makes her very annoying. So effective.

-DY apologizing to MS (so late but the fact he did was good). MS realizing uh yeah DUH you had an amazing friend in SA. You just wouldn't even let her talk to you and communicate. Understandable you are hurt but she did not want to lose you and frankly she chose YOU over DY. DY liking SA and could have confessed but never did but feared to lose her friendship. But if he had confessed she would have been happy but doubt she could date him knowing MS feelings. It is complicated.

I had liked a guy and the guy asked my bestie on a date. She told me. I gave my blessing. The reason is that guy did not like me. (They never went beyond one date.) But my friend treasured our friendship more than the guy and was ready to bail on the date until I told her do not bail.

-Glad that JY stepped up and used the Umbrella and went to her telling her he was carrying her present daily. Loved he offered sweetly to be her accompanist and that SA was sweet to his mother and they ate at her restaurant. @Jillia Yeah she should have left /divorced the dad. (But society is not nice to those who are divorced as we see in other dramas. Also if JY came from divorced family background that is not for good marketing too -would have been a strike against him). Watching 18 Again and the FL is unfairly stigmatized though she does a great JOB just because she is DIVORCED! TIme and time again in other dramas it is such a stigma if you come from a divorce situation. No the kids fault or we won't now why, just unfair lense how society looks at them.

My heart broke yet again for his HORRID dad causing 30K issue for our hero to NEED to work --this is NO sabbatical.

-SJ is ridiculous. I don't love his pushy ways to meet JY mom, SA and then pushy to that CC guy who told him the TRUTH that JY is not a good idea for a concert. But he is a voice though annoying must be mentioned in the drama for balance. He is telling our OTP what they do not need to hear but still let them be aware of the reality of gossip and what others value of status, unmatching skill levels in their instruments.

-JK not realizing how much her Grandmother paid JY for playing at the home that time. Also she was a sensitive teacher to the young violin student when she asked her those three questions. Her personal situation caused her to have insight on that young violinist as she was afraid of her mom /teacher.

-Funny how SA mom and sis were cold and barely civil to JY . While JY mom was like he never brought ANYONE home to meet us. She warmly invited them for a meal. Such night and day from the reception of the families. I wish SA dad was there. He would have balanced them. OMG makes sense that SA mom is lawyer as they looked so much in cahoots and dad with SA looked like the odd ducks in the family to them.

-Yes the conversation how SA and JY are different bringing in their personal family backgrounds. True SA never had to struggle financially as him and HH did. She comes from modest (but better than JY and HH) but not like JK background. Interesting to see more flushing out the JK father why he is still living with the grandmother and who he is and seeing his marriage with JK's mom. What he wanted for his daughter to not be so stressed and pushed by her mom.

Shall be interesting to see what is next for our couple. I know i say this alot, I like SA's outfits do fit her character well.

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Greetings Fellow Brahms Lovers,

I watched the last two episodes and I'm not sure what I'm feeling more strongly about.  I could discuss several overarching themes such as:

Disappointment

1. Children disappointing their parents.

2. Parents disappointing their children.

3. Classmates/Friends/Teachers/Managers all disappointing each other etc.

Denial

1. SA and her musical career.  She is in denial to the point that she keeps being used by her Prof. and ends up doing things that compromises her feelings and values.

2.  JK her issues with her future, her love for JY and her talent

3.  HH - still being kind to JK will not repair the relationship.  You guys are still over..

4.  JY - no matter how many times he saves his parents - they will still be there with the same problems - needing him to save them

Truth -

1. A few hard truths came out for SA - Manager telling her that no matter how good or how much she tries it's just not going to cut it.

2.  JY - His parents are a burden that he can't escape from.

3.  JK realizing that the girl she gave the lesson to is just like her.  Fear of her mother.

I'm sure there are more, these are just a few thoughts off the top of my head.  That being said, I noticed that the promo for next weeks episode showed more truth being revealed which will hopefully help our leads deal with denial and disappointment.

I'm an introvert who has had to learn to be an extrovert at times.  Yet, watching SA and JY stoically taking the constant heaping of negativity is starting to feel like I'm watching a show where puppies keep getting kicked.  I'm starting to realize that SA and JY, much as I hoped at the start of this drama would find a backbone and stand up for themselves and each other are still not there...and will they ever be?  Maybe this will happen soon or hopefully by the last episode - but, it's starting to wear on me and frustrate me.  

I'm a fan of the underdog.  I like my leading ladies to have a bit of steel in their backbones when it counts.  I'm hoping that both our leads are able to find the determination to love themselves (SA hugging her violin and telling it that she loved it was for me, a declaration that she loved herself) to stand up and carve out a path to a great life doing what they want to do, loving each other and finding happiness together whether they are accepted by their families, friends or colleagues.  

Not sure how you all might feel, but I'm feeling that this show is spinning it's wheels on the same old same old pile on bullying trope and not spending "enough time" on our couple standing up for themselves.  At least can they just say "no" at this stage?

• Like 18