[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Oh.. almost forgot.. about the Franck Sonata piece.

Isn't  this piece is given/decide by school as a piece to be performed at graduate school entrance examination and that's  SA choose it as piece to perform for her final exam too. Maybe for practical reason..

And I don't think JY know that SA watch his practice with JK that's why JY didn't react. JY might think SA is struggling to connect with the piece..and not related to JK

• Like 3

My thoughts

-SA inferiority  creeping again .after having watched JY and JK 's marvelous practice..that question that pains her heart constantly..do JY have a space for her? Against that 15 year old friendship with JK..

Both of them SA &  JJk playing the same piece? C'mon cant ms brat think of any other music that she can play ?? To  think she  can pull any other music, remember shes a prodigy..and why do I feel she did this intentionally???

Was surprised that JY knew nothing of SA playing Franck Sonata..

- Prof Lee's behavior towards SA as if she is her slave! GOODNESS! GRACIOUS!

SA is just too kind and nice that everything that nasty teacher says and wants her to do she follows right away without hesitation! Wait till this teacher gets her own karma.

She and that prof song go somewhere else and brag about eachother's achivements amongst themselve

-SJ offering SA work..because he knows her work ethics and he is aware of how good she was at office work but she decline, stating she cant do both playing violin and work

To which SJ  was surprise to find out  that SA will  not give up violin after she graduates..He bluntly shuts her off by saying  she started late and cannot catch up

SJ was  rude and the remarks he made was an called for 

She comfided to JY about SJ realistic advice that there are other paths other than perforning  it hurts but its true .

Then JY held het hands for some comforting.  

HH being removed from the chamber just because of the professors own selfish reasons..

JY's move to call HH( hes not mad anymore, I think?) to accompany JK at the bar made the exs be together again.I feel the love is still there..HH cant hate her for he loved her that much.

The flashback HH and JK are happy togethet so I cant understand the break up! I dont think the 10 years cant be just thrown away just because you are having second thoights.

As much as Im annoyed with JK,somewhow I pitiy her ..I feel she didnt enjoy her childhood for the mere fact that she spends more time practicing than playing not  like the other kids..and because of her mom's strict rules it wasnt that she did not enjoyed playing the violin but one wrong move ,her mom would probably  find faults with her right away. Her parents would fight about this because her dad  think JK is ripped off  of her childhood

The Daeyon trip made our otp more closer and  be open specially JY who finally told SA about his family . Sharing details of how he spend his childhood.of how he had  have to strugggle financially to pay off his dad's debts and JK and Ms Nah continues to help his  family..

And the meeting between his mom and SA..Iike this.. showed how much respect and kindness she has for the elders.JY hesistant to  stay but SA accepted the dinner invite..his mom liked SA..

And the bus ride both holding hands.. JY lovingly looking at SA who was fast asleep.He is whipped and amazed with her kindness.He is head and over heels in love with her.

NOW SA got her answer ..JY has definitely have a huge space in his heart for her.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@vangsweetie637 @Sky8lue

I quite agree too the opening chords of Gummy's song is by F. Chopin. When I first heard it in the episode, oh it's Chopin. I also referred to it as "No Other Love", a super simple piano piece I studied many moons ago.

I learned after that the Chopin music was "made" into a song and recorded in 1950s. A bit old-fashioned (furthering the writer's love of old things) with very romantic lyrics, here:

I also think the answer to Song Ah question "Is there any space for me? will be answered once she accepts JY as her partner in music, not just in love. Tbh, this is my fantasy scene, like a love scene, for Song Ah and Joon Young to play together, see how they connect musically. For her, who is feeling insecure about her music, to put her trust in him being more experienced in performing lol. I'm super giddy about Joon Young being persistent about partnering with Song Ah, musically that is ;)

• Like 7

They arrived in Seoul and Joon Young said that he will take her home. AWWW SONG AH PREFER TO WALK WITH HIM :crymeme:

Please stop being lovey dovey :(

He takes her home and start to bid a goodbye ( Like in the released clip ). She gave him a gift because she recalls he doesn’t have an umbrella since he used to live in hotel and he always picked the umbrella’s hotel and wooowww, they met her mother’s and sister uwuuuu

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

@annamchoi You are so right..JY has given her the answer with is actions...

The issue in my opinion is SA herself... she has been plagued  with negativity from the beginning  when she made the choice to study the violin...I can see why she has insecurities overload.  But before, her decisions only effected herself.  Now that her heart includes JY... she feels that she has to take his career in consideration when making  decisions.

Man....thats a difficult  situation.  Thankfully. JY will be like an anchor to hold her steady.   Not that I think she is weak but everyone needs a support system.  :anguished:

Looking forward to ep 12...

• Like 2

That question of whether JY knew that SA was going to play Franck's Sonata for her graduate school exam BEFORE agreeing to be JK's accompanist for her professor candidature recital for the same piece. Agree with @Jillia that having no reaction from JY after he heard from SA doesn't make sense. He's been quite sensitive in picking up SA's feelings so it seems out of character for him not to even acknowledge it. After all, he was concerned enough to text SA about the fact that he was rehearsing with JK in the university.

Maybe we'll find out when JY offers to be SA's accompanist. From the story narrative's point of view, I would prefer that we avoid having JY accompany both JK and SA for the exact same piece. It's bound to court unfair comparisons between JK and SA and that whole set-up feels contrived. But what would be constructive would be for JY to practise with SA informally, to give her confidence in learning how to work with her current accompanist. I hope ep 12 takes us in that direction.

Live recap:

JA and SA get off the bus.

They say their goodbyes in front of her apartment.

SA runs home to retrieve her gift for JY.

The gift is an *drumroll* umbrella, because JY apparently doesn't own any umbrella (the last time SA was at his house and it rained, he couldn't lend her an umbrella.)

Both SA's sister and mother arrive home from work and exchange greetings with JY.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Oh God his father made a debt again and this is worse comparing anything. It cost a lot of money. His mother is afraid to lend money again from Joon Young. 

What, is that PPL for umbrella ? :D

Her pianist’ partner cancelled their practice and asked her to find another pianist.  How could she leave her because she made her frustated like that ? Gosh, it hasn’t started ten minutes but Song Ah already had a hard time 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Live recap:

SA walks into JY's rehearsal room.

JY tells SA that he's entering the Tchaikowskvy competition. SA seems slightly concerned about the news (not sure why - will need subs).

p.s. Both are wearing completely matching khaki colours in their attire.

SA goes to Professor Lee's office. Professor Lee is upset by something and walks out. SA makes several phone calls to resolve some situation.

JK is giving a private lesson to the student violinist.

The young violinist's mother reprimands her and JK for accepting the private lesson from JK.

HH happens to arrive at the scene and quells the commotion by explaining something about "coming from the same hometown". The young violinist and her mother leave.

JK and HH had a calm private conversation in one of the rehearsal rooms. (Not sure - maybe HH found out about JK meeting Professor Lee about expelling him from the chamber orchestra?)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Both of them had a hard time. After Song Ah find some rejection by finding a pianist for her song meanwhile Joon Young couldn’t fee the song for next competition. 

She asked him for a dinner but one of her friend suddenly came to her and told her about the partnership and daaaaang he asked her what about him being her partner and she declined it because he is busy. NO HONEY EVEN HE IS BUSY HE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU :crymeme:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, rukizie said:

They arrived in Seoul and Joon Young said that he will take her home. AWWW SONG AH PREFER TO WALK WITH HIM 

Please stop being lovey dovey :(

He takes her home and start to bid a goodbye ( Like in the released clip ). She gave him a gift because she recalls he doesn’t have an umbrella since he used to live in hotel and he always picked the umbrella’s hotel and wooowww, they met her mother’s and sister uwuuuu

an umbrella?? Well I didn’t expect that lol 

wow..another family meeting. Wonder how they reacted..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, rukizie said:

Both of them had a hard time. After Song Ah find some rejection by finding a pianist for her song meanwhile Joon Young couldn’t fee the song for next competition. 

She asked him for a dinner but one of her friend suddenly came to her and told her about the partnership and daaaaang he asked her what about him being her partner and she declined it because he is busy. NO HONEY EVEN HE IS BUSY HE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU 

ayeeeee...dang it!!! SA, accept won’t you? He is your lover..and will treat you better than your present pianist. But I expected she would reject it again..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Looks like her rejection made their first love quarrel. Gosh it’s lagging so bad. 

It’s raining outside and both of them apologized each other after their first quarrel and they shared one umbrella. Ughhh i need to punch a pillow so i could not feel the butterfly in my stomach :crymeme:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Live recap:

JY offered to be SA's accompanist after hearing from SA's friend that SA needs to find a replacement accompanist.

JY realises that both JK and SA are playing the same piece. SA expresses her reservation, and JY sounds a little irritated. SA decides to go off first.

The umbrella scene in the preview happens. Both apologise to each other and have a short heart-to-heart convo. (This scene is endearing but too short!)

Cut to the young violinist having a lesson with Professor Song.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

YAY!

Song Ah noticed the different scores Joon Young has been playing and asked him about it and he told her is actually entering the Tchaikovsky Competition. And Song Ah is like "Oh but then you should've been busy with practicing instead of coming with me to Daejeon". :D

Thank goodness, Jung Kyung didn't get the chance to go like "I know more about Joon Young". :lol:

omg!!! Thank you!!! For not giving JK the chance to act all bratty and special again in front of SA about JY.. whew..

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ji Won made a fault at her practice with professor Song and made her mother seemed mad. 

Jung Kyung apologized for her mistake to her father ( because she’s drunk ? ) 

Her father asked her if she misses her mother and she asked him back. He always play with her piano because he looks playing with his wife :( 

So in the preview, she was mad because of her grandma. She cried in preview because she was mad that her mother liked that and her father disagreed with her. 

She cried and asked her father why he still lives here even his wife already died ? What for ? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

Ooooh noooo... Joon Young's dad did it AGAIN! His mom received another bill. Like I really want to meet that father and give him a serious talk.

aigoo.. i knew it!!!! Aye..do I really need to kick this one’s butt too?!!! 

:onfirex:

2 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Live recap:

JY offered to be SA's accompanist after hearing from SA's friend that SA needs to find a replacement accompanist.

JY realises that both JK and SA are playing the same piece. SA expresses her reservation, and JY sounds a little irritated. SA decides to go off first.

The umbrella scene in the preview happens. Both apologise to each other and have a short heart-to-heart convo. (This scene is endearing but too short!)

Cut to the young violinist having a lesson with Professor Song.

aww. First quarrel eh? But fast resolution too. Too short? Dang it.

• Like 4

So his mother asked for money again because of his father and this time, if they don’t pay in time, they will take his mother restaurant and it cost 300 million won :surprisedwut:

Jun Young calls Young In and asks her about this because he thinks he can’t handle this again. He looks so sad and half dead. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Look at this cutie being happy about a umbrella. kkkk :D

awwww JY!!! Please carry that umbrella with you every where. Omo...is this the same one they used as he held her hand??

and you are right. Ain’t no one got time for more JK drama. We already too busy kicking butts and slapping everyone else.

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1