[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Hi Guys,

i just watched the episode today! wow!!! the ending the PD really tease us a lot! please dont let deer or someone interrupt the kiss on tonight's episode!

we got to see that MY have seen moon's mom.. does MY know that moon's mom is the caretaker of her house?

the reverse confession scene!that one is epic, but still cannot beat MY's EPIC screaming voice:joy:

i got a feeling that they wont tell ST about mom's killer and proceed life as it goes since it looks like they dont want to tell him..

will DHJ get a life sentence? if not she will be back haunting them

hopefully i can stream tonight's episode

anyways, we got the highest rating on ytd episode 6.5%!!

• Like 3

@ncly Thanks so much for the wonderful image sharing. :) It really inspired me to share more about this chinese stroke. 

If I analyse the chinese stroke which means human, (during the ancient days that made characters), they already showed human characteristics and attributes. "Human" is composed of one stroke and one stroke before it can become an adult.  One is the individual, the independent person; the other is the group of people around the individual, the individual's support system. One flick is longer than one flick, which means that a person should create life based on himself, but he has to create under the support system. If we remove one of the stroke, the other stroke will fall down, and thus we need two strokes to form a person, we need a support. At the same time, the word "person" also represents a man and a woman. One is a man, the other is a woman, and the world reproduces and constitutes a complete person. It is also revealed that people are inherently social, and when an individual person is not social, it is on the road to death, (which is another implicit message for MY that she almost chose to disconnect to the world by quitting her writing.) Thus any neurotic patient started to move towards the illness is from the day he closed his heart.

The image is representing the meaning of support one another through thick and thin when they are weak. It's a powerful message through this gesture given by Director Oh and I really loved that.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I just want to give props to ST who saved everyone like the director said, one day he might save him. The whole situation would have been a disaster if 1. KT kills mom..then  he would end up in jail and MY would break up with him. Luckily he thought of what MY said (but my mom is still my mom) and stopped.. 2. If MY kills mom, she would end up being like what her mom said her mom's other self (being a murderer), and she would end up in jail.. and they couldn't be together,  so I'm glad KT stopped her despite being drugged.. 3. If head nurse kills MY for being a failure, KT and ST would be sad for the rest of their life. So yeah props to ST for saving them at the last minute.:bawling:

• Like 3

gahh what a beautiful episode! idk how many times ive said this after an episode of its okay but it really is just a fantastic drama that gets you right in the feels because of how theyve written and portrayed these characters. we're right there with them feeling all the emotions, good and bad. 

i just want to start off by saying i know there will be people disappointed that nurse park is the mum because it leaves some questions to be answered e.g. how she survived the fall etc (which i hope will be answered in ep 16). but even if we don't get much more about the mum, i could honestly care less because the focus has never been about whether mum is alive or not. its always been about the psychological and emotional effect she's had on MY (dead or alive) and like i said before, its the journey these three go on. the reveal and ill fate of "your mum killed my mum" is a device for our characters to grow and end up where they are. the beautiful moments we got in these episodes, were really only possible or made more meaningful because of the mum revelation. 

- KT fighting for MY non stop: not once did we see him waiver in front of MY. KT was adamant on staying by MY's side in ep 14 despite what he knew. then in episode 15 despite the fact him and ST almost died at the hands of DHJ, he still didn't run away. what's even more amazing is that he asked for help from the director for a therapy session, to find a solution to what he wants. ep 14/15 showed us he is doing everything he can to keep their trio. KT and ST did not run away like they used to when the butterfly came around. this leads me to my next part. 

- Vulnerable and loose KT: KT is finally allowing himself to lean on others and rely on them. previously JS said there is no use prodding KT to open up, we know he's never been one to express himself or make connections with others as they've always moved. but lately we've seen him confide in director and ST, and even asking for help from juris mum, juri, JS and Sang-in. he has finally allowed himself to trust and rely on others and that takes a lot of vulnerability. and ofc his i love you confession!! the ultimate symbol of vulnerability. he 100% put himself out there for MY and did NOT hold back. despite the ill fated circumstance, he realised he can overcome it because thats how much she means to him. 

- MY selflessness: even though she loves the boys, she knows the gravity of her mums actions. because of that she's chosen to let him go, to protect them. something she said in episode 11 (?) shed never do. only this time its an even bigger sacrifice because she's losing ST too. what an amazing character development from the more self-serving MY we had in earlier episodes.

- MY cutting her leash from mum completely: i feel like there would have always been a part of her that questions whether she is a monster like her mum, but by having the opportunity to face her demons (literally cos mum is alive) and witness what a terrible person mum is, she knows more than ever she's NOT that person. the mere action of taking responsibility by going to the tree to apologise and walking away from the brothers in order to protect them, is MY straying further and further away from ever becoming like the monster mum wanted her to be. i hope ep 16 allows her to completely confront her mum and release all those feelings thats haunted her for years.  

- MY connecting with more people: MY started feeling the love of family with KT and ST but the recent episodes has extended that to Mum, Juri and even JS. She's shown that despite whatever her mum did, there are still people that care about her. I actually loved her hanging out with JS too hahah such a funny duo. 

- ST maturity and confidence in being an adult: Brave brave brave ST this episode!! what a breathe taking moment. the way he protected his siblings and stood up to the butterfly. he didn't run away and leave his siblings behind like how he left his brother in the ice. he remained calm and took action. such a great moment! STs maturity also shone through when he said  'dooly's mum didn't do anything wrong, why should she get punished' i loved this line because it is a direct parallel to MY's situation and shows some great complex understanding and insight from ST who used to be very sensitive and simple minded. on top of that when ST says  "you weren't born to take care of me, older brothers are meant to take care of younger brothers" ST is so confident saying this because he just saved his two siblings from the evil mum. that was him, taking care of his younger siblings. more than ever ST feels like he's finally able to fill these shoes which allows him to really mean those words. and gosh was it important for KT to hear! even though he knows their mum loved them, for that line to come from ST, it holds a different meaning. it really lifts that weight off KT shoulders, that KT belongs to KT. 

- ST complete acceptance of MY as family: "over my dead body" hahah i love how absolutely direct ST is that sometimes there is really no way around it, theres no arguing with him. he didn't get upset, mad or stressed when KT/MY said to move out. instead he stood his ground and said no, that shows me he's not ever going to let MY go either. shes completely one of them. 

these moments really stemmed from the love they have for one another other which i felt was only fully fleshed out because of the mum situation. this made it all more heartfelt and meaningful imo. what a wonderful drama they've provided us over the past 8 weeks! looking forward to the finale but my heart feels heavy as it is also the end. heres to another beautiful but last episode! 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

Credit to owner... and i'll die if there'll be the scene we are looking for...:popcornjackson:

The moment they face each other without a single percent of lies, the romance between the two will melt the viewers with a different sweetness than ever before. The romance of this sweet couple will be the highlight of the final episode

• Like 9
  • Wiggle 1

Wow that's definitely one way to end an episode. :7555_attack:Wish they gave us another minute of that scene before ending it. That deer better not interrupt again, even though it's funny to hear the deer mentioned again and that Sang In almost hit a deer. At least the deer is okay. Maybe it'll come back to interrupt Sang In and Juri as revenge. :joy:

There are a lot of scenes I really love in this episode. Seeing KT and MY do a role reversal was something I mentioned that I hoped and expected to see. One is finally able to selflessly let go for the betterment of the other while the one that used to bottle his feelings can now freely express that he loves someone and is adamant about staying by her side no matter what. It's hilarious to see KT bombarding MY with his hysterical I love yous while following her. And it's hilarious the same music came on at the same time. I broke the repeat button. 

ST sitting at the staircase waiting for MY was so endearing and seeing him show her the picture he drew of KT smiling in his sleep is just such a beautiful scene. ST's character development is just incredible. I liked that the writers made Juri's mom the person who ultimately was able to make MY finally eat. Juri's mom is such a warm character and she's been a mom figure for all of them. So I thought it was nice she played a major role in getting her to ultimately eat. As one mom is the one that is emptying her, another mom is helping her fill up again. And seeing Sang In express genuine concern for MY while knowing her so well to understand that MY's fairy tales are her way of communicating with the world is really sweet. That exchange between Director and head nurse was also satisfying and meaningful. 

I have to say that the one thing still bothering me is it looks like the drama is really going with head nurse being the mom. Step aside Subway, plastic surgery really did become the ultimate PPL. Not only can they change faces beyond recognition, voices can be changed too. Along with fingers and teeth. Part of me is still hoping for a plot twist that they find out at the police station that she's really someone else. That her finger prints show who she really is and then we will hear a background story.

I hope episode 16 will change my mind but I can't help but feel that head nurse being MY's mom would just be a plot device. Her character is also pretty 2 dimensional. There is just a lot that wouldn't make sense with her being MY's mom and it's not like head nurse being someone suspicious would surprise anyone. She was suspicious many episodes back. I do see good character development for MY if the mom she feared came back. It would be the ultimate cutting of the leash if she confronted her. But I'm hoping it's cutting of the leash having to confront this mom figure but that this isn't her real mom. And maybe they'll find DHJ's body at the bottom of the river and this fake mom is a serial killer with dissociative identity disorder. 

I can't believe we are down to one more episode. It's been such a fun time watching this drama. I'm both looking forward to the last episode and sad that it means the drama is over. 

• Like 4

so want that bucket bag whatever Moon Young had in ep.15 eheheh.:heart4:

Trust Sang Tae to keep it real LoL!:thumbsup:Who knew he was a Blink!?:w00t: I'm not a fan (Lisa rocks though:P) I was amazed he's in touch with K-Pop.:lol: His You're a grown up now so take care of yourself. I'm busy gotta go  to Gang Tae was ahahahah! 

Sang Tae still won't let go the issue of Moon Young's hair being cut geez.:unamused:  Her mom is ba-na-nas. Lost count the times Gang Tae has been stabbed/injured in this drama. He's like a human pin cushion. Though can we talk about the sexiness and hotness of that end scene!!?? Think I squealed like a dolphin! Seung Jae's right she should consider writing erotica ha-ha:tounge_wink::smirk:

And all's gonna end soon.. I'm gonna miss this drama & cast..      

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

Loved what everyone had to say about eps 15!  Can’t wait for our happy ending!  Thanks to the posters that provided helpful context (MY’s formal speech to mom tree; Hospital Director’s finger/character metaphor).

The last 2 mins of the episode - oh dear.  Maaaaajor props to KMY.... moving and leaning backwards like that while keeping your face upright, slightly slanted, sorta leaning forward... there’s no way to do that without forming a double chin.  Seo Ye Ji you go girl. :heart:

Just so amazed by the director of this drama! And camera crew, writer, etc.  Soo well done.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

The last 2 mins of the episode - oh dear.  Maaaaajor props to KMY.... moving and leaning backwards like that while keeping your face upright, slightly slanted, sorta leaning forward... there’s no way to do that without forming a double chin.

FACTS.

:shaq:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 2

I guess the way of Moon Gang Tae parallelism with Ko Mun Young hits differently when I saw this tweet. Hahaha I wonder if that is Kim So Hyun in secret:lol:.

What if BTS scene for this sequence, Soo Hyun did an adlib like "Hey, why are you leaving, SEO YE JI? "

And Ye Ji drops her knees laughing off - "Ya, its not funny"

For me, this drama was my no 2 in 2020 after Hospital Playlist (no 1) and CLOY(no 3). 

A good starter comeback for Kim Soo Hyun. I believe he will have a movie comeback as well later. Hope to see him in Saeguk Historical movie/drama comeback as well. Hihihi. Perhaps a musical drama? Tbt #dreamhigh...

Seo Ye Ji is already popular ever since I saw her in Salvame and Lawless Lawyers back in 2017-2018. This girl doesnt held back when it comes to kissing scene. One of the best kissing actor I was like "Wow, is she tongue kissing????".  Was this influenced from Spanish acting? I knew her studied Journalism in Spain.. could be she had more than just study.

:Woah:

The decision of GoldMedalist to push through their actors to work together really works well. It bolstered her popularity nowadays. I saw some news and naver forum; Seo Ye Ji will be busy later this year for CFs filming and magazine shoots. Hope she can do with Soo Hyun as well. 

Oh Jung Se. I saw him in previous drama in Misaeng, Tazza, Touch Your Heart, Camelia Blooms and Stove League and Missing 9. His best ones I believe is When Camelia Blooms. Now he is filming Good Detective - a different spectrum from this drama. Moon Sang Tae is really daebak. To think he matures and grows really fast; autistic spectrum disorder - to think he will be the 3rd wheeler for the rest of Ko Moon Young and Gang Tae life. Heh:mrgreen:

Now please. I am okay with drama ending butttttt After 1-2 years, please give us more collab for Soo Hyun and Ye ji. I dont care if they are a villain or enemies in that drama/movie.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

going to log off to avoid spoilers until i can watch it on netflix at 12am haha. happy viewing everyone! hope we get lots of beautiful moments today (multiple MY/KT steamy smooches plz ;) ) and everything ties up wonderfully. its been a joyful ride! enjoy!!

• Like 3

“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Ratings Soar To All-Time High Ahead Of Finale

With just one episode left to go, tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” has suddenly risen to new heights!

On August 8, the penultimate episode of the romance drama achieved its highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.5 percent and a peak of 7.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

Not only did the ratings set a new personal record for the series, but they also marked the first time since the drama’s premiere back in June that “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” managed to break past 6 percent nationwide.

(Non-related info cut off)

Credit: https://www.soompi.com/article/1417977wpp/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-ratings-soar-to-all-time-high-ahead-of-finale

So happy to see the cable ratings picking up. 

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-05-11-PM.png

Note: 

• In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.
  • Since July 4, 2020, the drama was aired in two parts per episode.
  • This drama airs on a cable channel/pay TV which normally has a relatively smaller audience compared to free-to-air TV/public broadcasters (KBS, SBS, MBC and EBS).

Source: Wikipedia (It's ok to not be ok)

BTS photos uploaded by the cast

Uploaded by Park Jin Joo aka Seung Jae

https://www.instagram.com/jinjoo1224/

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-22-06-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-22-14-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-22-20-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-22-27-PM.png

Uploaded by Kim Joo Heon  aka Sang In

https://www.instagram.com/zu_hun_kim/

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-14-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-06-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-19-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-24-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-29-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-34-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-39-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-08-09-at-6-26-00-PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sang Tae was the best in episode 15!!! Not only he saved the day but he also had so many funny and great lines. I was surprised he didn’t want any money for KT’s happy portrait hehe.

There are loose ends that still bother me, though.

1) Are they really not going to explain how the mother survived after she had her skull cracked and then being dumped in the lake?

2) Won’t ST never learn the truth? The truth about the reason why his mother was murdered and who the head nurse really was?

• Like 4

we got the deer interrupting the kiss, but this time KT shout at the deer! XD then they continue to kiss

i'm starting live comment.. please skip my post if you dont want to be spoiled

or should i use spoiler box?

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Not Me said:

we got the deer interrupting the kiss, but this time KT shout at the deer! XD then they continue to kiss

i'm starting live comment.. please skip my post if you dont want to be spoiled

or should i use spoiler box?

Oh good, @Not Me, you're live streaming. Live streaming is sucking for me. There's soooo much lag. I will just follow you along.

• Like 2

we got them on the bed naked in the morning guysssss

24 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

Oh good, @Not Me, you're live streaming. Live streaming is sucking for me. There's soooo much lag. I will just follow you along.

sameeee lagging much..

we got scene JS want to take ST home, but i think ST know what will happen to KT-MY, so he didnt want to go home instead he slept at the rooftop with JS

good job ST!

so we only got to see them sleep naked, then we move to kitchen scene where KT make food, then MY shows him ST drawing of him.

then as usual, we got the scene where they asked if XX like YY or XX better.. this time MY asked if he like MY or ST.. then my stream lagged and skipped:sweatingbullets:

today's episode is funny, then we got breakfast scene, ST already back to the house then they eat together,i think ST asked something about did they kissed last night, then MY tell him not only kissed but they did 'the other' one, but get interrupted with KT coughing and i think kicked her? i kinda skipped that

next we got scene where we saw in the preview that MY talk to SI about her last script. but she asked him to choose, but i dont know what is the option, lagged a lot

KISS KISS

morning scene

the scene where MY visited mom, i dont really get what they are talking about, but My saing she's different with mom, then something about the butterfly means to them

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3