[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

4 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Another regret is the lack of character development with Juri and Jaesu. Especially for Juri being supposedly a prominent character in the story, nothing was said of how she overcame her childhood hurts. After all, wasn't her childhood angst and pain related to Moonyeong part of the foundational beginnings of the story? Seemed like a wasted story there too that so easily got swept in with the publisher dude moving in and suddenly liking her. Likewise for Jaesu, the friend who followed the brothers around, only to return to the beginning with them -- why did he do that? What is his backstory in the journey of personal pains, growth, and healing?

Jae su said "do I need an excuse to follow you around. I can do whatever I want to do".. I guess that was the writer answer to JaeSu character.. but well.. yeahh..maybe they did filming it and cut down from final release..who knows... 

Ju Ri seems a great character that could be explored since she was teased to be part of main character. Childhood memories are often a pain.. maybe she grew up ignoring that as we know she lost her father at a very young age and having a mother who worked hard to feed the family.. 

Ohh well.. i believe this is the 2nd drama written by the author.. perhaps to maintain popularity and ratings.. some scripts hv to be changed... 

For me, Its Okay to Not Be An Okay "Drama".. hahaha well

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind review on this drama because i felt the same too with you guys that shared in this forum. It is so hard to be "detached" from this drama after it ended - What a fun ride to the end with tears and laughters together, we have the WHOLE package that we enjoyed in this drama, needless to say, this drama deserves the best for everything.

To add on, I like the conversation scene between GT and JS - GT told him that he would go for study and JS wanted to join him, but GT advised him to think carefully what he wanted to do in future, to choose your own path, not as a follower. SPOT ON....JS whole life has been a follower, a faithful and loyal person to his close friend, GT, and he may forget what he really wants for himself in his whole life, he forgets his own passion, he forgets his own value, he always takes care of GT when he needs help . I am so glad that the writer had highlighted something to this pair of friendship cum brotherhood relationship.  Many people will walk in and out of our life, but only true friends will leave footprints in our heart. ... It's engraved in his heart in letters of gold - GT deserves a big smile on his face. 

Not only I love the main leads' passionate kisses at the beginning, their sibling love, their friendships, and the most importantly is their "set free mood" is the key success to wrap up the ending, and at the same time,  it is a new beginning in their life.

I am surprised to see ST leave the sweet couple at the end, but on the other hand, seeing him grow even mature and independent made me cried alot and missed him alot. I never have such "attached feeling" to any Kdrama before , this is the only one, and I missed them a lot. Their camping journey scenes brought me lots of sweet memories that I had with my family in Australia and US when we drove in a caravan too.  

Shall we have a season 2, OR..... ? Flying kisses and hugging to all :)

• Like 6
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Shall we have a season 2, pls ? Flying kisses and hugging to all :)

Do we need a season 2? How about another kind of drama by Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji.. let Oh Jung Se having a cameo being a Bad Boss or Cool Person because That was Sang Tae dream to be a Cool Person in the Epi 2 and Epi 4

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Do we need a season 2? How about another kind of drama by Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji.. let Oh Jung Se having a cameo being a Bad Boss or Cool Person because That was Sang Tae dream to be a Cool Person in the Epi 2 and Epi 4

If put them into another project, I would prefer KSH to act in a stronger role, we know that he is very good in comedy and crying scene and this time, he should pick a strong role with his hair comb up (eg. as a tycoon, successful head of business segment, or specific industry like real estate) and SYJ can be his opponent or strategic partner to work on case, I prefer the event happens in modern days because I want to see the SYJ fashion again. LOL :D

• Like 3

my heart is so full after watching the final ep :bawling: the perfect ending with fan service but also a beautiful closure for all our characters. while it was expected that their new book would include the patients, it was so wonderful to see them come back to the hospital and see how far they've come. ST was really the star of the last few episodes as we saw how much he's grown and become independent. KT has also finally understood what self love is. i rarely rewatch dramas but this one is definitely one worth rewatching!

everybody got their happy ending! happy happy~

also when she says she's sleepy :shaq:

• Like 4

I have been a silent reader in this forum but since the drama ended I decided to share my thoughts.

This drama is truly a healing drama for me and for everyone. I think this is the first drama where all the characters showed some growth in their character development.

In this trying times, watching this drama for the past 2 months I learned and realised the importance of loving myself and how important it is to find my courage to seek happiness.

Thank you to all the actors who were outstanding and phenomenal, the writer and director and all the staff and crew member.

I am hoping to see Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Yea Ji in another drama since they have set the bar high with this drama. 

Sigh I am going through drama withdrawal now

• Like 4
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

If put them into another project, I would prefer KSH to act in a stronger role, we know that he is very good in comedy and crying scene and this time, he should pick a strong role with his hair comb up (eg. as a tycoon, successful head of business segment, or specific industry like real estate) and SYJ can be his opponent or strategic partner to work on case, I prefer the event happens in modern days because I want to see the SYJ fashion again. LOL :D

That sounds like Money Game and Suits.. ohh and Whats Wrong with Secretary Kim? .. hahaha.. hurmm it could be like a rom com type of comedy...

I imagine Kim Soo Hyun nailing a drama by acting as a Fashion Designer or a Musical Theater Coach and Ye Ji is trying hard to be theater actress that can perform ballet and acting but one thing she's cannot do is singing. 

Who knows how about a typical 1920s-1940s drama lmao..since Western culture exploded and influence many of those Asian countries during the colonialism. 

We saw them in BlueBeard scene as Esmerelda.. She looks great in that dress.. maybe a show where them wearing European centric dresses? 

23 minutes ago, suga02pearl said:

Sigh I am going through drama withdrawal now

mee toooo.. Its hasnt been long since Hospital Playlist drama withdrawal.. Aaahhh

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JungRok said:

Ohhh shoot.. I think Its Okay,Thats Love 2016 is kind of drama maybe sets the precedent of "ItsOkayToNotBeOkay"

It seems like all the "It's okay" series are doing a phenomenal job, right? Hopefully the next "It's okay" will make our hearts as full as the last two :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Still reading everyone’s reaction but I’ll join the group that doesn’t wish for a season 2 of this show. Rather I want to see our crew - director, writer and actors reunite in a new project. They were all quite innovative so I think they can really give us another amazing drama. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Another regret is the lack of character development with Juri and Jaesu. Especially for Juri being supposedly a prominent character in the story, nothing was said of how she overcame her childhood hurts. After all, wasn't her childhood angst and pain related to Moonyeong part of the foundational beginnings of the story? Seemed like a wasted story there too that so easily got swept in with the publisher dude moving in and suddenly liking her. Likewise for Jaesu, the friend who followed the brothers around, only to return to the beginning with them -- why did he do that? What is his backstory in the journey of personal pains, growth, and healing?

I'd say for me the regret for Juri is bigger (than Jaesu). She is a main lead too, isn't she? She was presented at the press conference and included in the opening credit along with KSH, SYJ and OJS, so I assumed she is a main lead as well. However, and unfortunately, I feel like her presence and character development in this drama was just as much as the 2nd leads and supporting actors - meaning it should have been more for her as a main lead. But then, I realized, throughout the drama we had this "the trio" phrase, meaning GT-ST-MY already stuck together as a pack, leaving JR out of the image. 

And it's disappointing because I really wanted her character to have a significance as a lead in the drama, but there wasn't much. I feel harsh saying this but I thought if we take her out of the story, it wouldn't have a large impact on the rest of the characters and the story. To me, her character was fairly plain compared to the dorky and naughty sides that Jae Su and Seung Jae got. 

Her one-sided love with GT was resolved half way through the drama because she met Sang In. Her troubled friendship with MY was also resolved early on. After that, all we got was just snippets of her working at the hospitals, subtle romance development with Sang In, her being worried for MY, and that was it. If she was a supporting role, I'd be ok, but a main lead but she got just that? 

55 minutes ago, Not Me said:

IOTNBO end up at 7.3%, people really prefer light & romcom!

i hope they will release more stills & making videos

It's true that mental health is still a taboo in SK where people don't want to discuss publicly, but I believe IOTNBO has made an impact on the viewers' perspective - whether the impact is small or large, they will all count. Even if people don't want to dwell deeper into the different types of mental health issues that are illustrated via the drama, it'd still be great if they can understand the simple statement of "It's ok to not be ok" and not to misjudge/mistreat those who are different from what is considered to be the norm and those who put up a wall around them due to difficult upbringing and past. 

IOTNBO final rating

Screen-Shot-2020-08-10-at-9-27-48-AM.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, ncly said:

I'd say for me the regret for Juri is bigger (than Jaesu). She is a main lead too, isn't she? She was presented at the press conference and included in the opening credit along with KSH, SYJ and OJS, so I assumed she is a main lead as well. However, and unfortunately, I feel like her presence and character development in this drama was just as much as the 2nd leads and supporting actors - meaning it should have been more for her as a main lead. But then, I realized, throughout the drama we had this "the trio" phrase, meaning GT-ST-MY already stuck together as a pack, leaving JR out of the image. 

And it's disappointing because I really wanted her character to have a significance as a lead in the drama, but there wasn't much. I feel harsh saying this but I thought if we take her out of the story, it wouldn't have a large impact on the rest of the characters and the story. To me, her character was fairly plain compared to the dorky and naughty sides that Jae Su and Seung Jae got. 

Her one-sided love with GT was resolved half way through the drama because she met Sang In. Her troubled friendship with MY was also resolved early on. After that, all we got was just snippets of her working at the hospitals, subtle romance development with Sang In, her being worried for MY, and that was it. If she was a supporting role, I'd be ok, but a main lead but she got just that? 

yes it is, i feel like her character is same importance as Sang In but not as one of main leads, but regardless i'm happy the writer makes her not an annoying main lead. i feel like the writer had no idea what to do after resolving JR friendship with MY since she focus on the trio's character growth.

but im happy for it tho, imagine if they focus much on other characters too, we wont get such a happy ending in 16 episodes. it's just they should not put JR on the poster, should just the trio so we wont expect much of her.

anyway, i need to comment that i feel the video cutting is not really good on ep 16, like the cut when they have fun in the camping car, some scene repeated twice. and the color is i dunno maybe because of the fog? it's a bit weird. i understood that they only have 8days to edit the video compare to first 5 eps that they have 2-3months to edit. but i feel like the difference is too visible from ep 1 to ep 16.

SYJ post on fancafe at 3AM KST

• Like 8
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Not Me said:

anyway, i need to comment that i feel the video cutting is not really good on ep 16, like the cut when they have fun in the camping car, some scene repeated twice. and the color is i dunno maybe because of the fog? it's a bit weird. i understood that they only have 8days to edit the video compare to first 5 eps that they have 2-3months to edit. but i feel like the difference is too visible from ep 1 to ep 16.

Hahaha well maybe they didnt have enough content to make video..But for me, it is fine. True the editing seems different. The color spectrum changes. Maybe it want to show the world is now brighter with the presence of love and family....thats why the spectrum, the mood, the contrast.. they are brightened.. 

I hope they will find Park Gyu Young a new justice for her new film/drama later on.. since Nam Ju Ri potrayal is downplayed in the middle.. 

I hope the writer can be even better than this now!!

• Like 4

You belong to yourself and I belong to myself.

:heartxoxo:

Gosh I can't put into words how much this drama has been the best thing that has happened to me in a while. It made me question so much around me and feel all types of emotions and that's just the bare minimum. The fact that I could relate to at least a tiny percentage to almost all the characters in this story shows how the creators really took time and energy to really think about the characters they were writing about. Each of us could relate to every distinct storyline here - albeit it being dramatised for the sake of it being a "drama" but I know for a fact that every single one of us could relate to all them~~

Moon Sang Tae. Moon Kang Tae. Go Moon Young.

:cutekitty:

The troublemaker trio we have learned to love for the past 8 weeks. There will be another post dedicated to each one of their character arcs but for now just taking them in as a complete family. They say not all family are blood-related. We find people along the way that inspires us and loves us as much as family should and honestly they are the best kind of people to have around you to continuously remind yourself that life is in motion every day. That is one of my main takeaway from these characters - the three of them were stuck in their lives at the beginning of the show and throughout their journey we see how they had become immune to "life" and were just breathing for the sake of "not dying". Then we see the caravan trip take place in the last episode signifying that they are finally choosing to "live life" on their own terms. Just thinking about this juxtaposition is making me emotional right now. But this is really THAT show. It makes me emotional - from the plot, to the acting, the soundtrack and to all the didactic messages sent out every week. Just amazing - again, words don’t do justice to this masterpiece~~

But for now...let's just start living life on our own terms and find the courage to find happiness :heart:

#MmM

img.gif

cred. owner

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, JungRok said:

Hahaha well maybe they didnt have enough content to make video..But for me, it is fine. True the editing seems different. The color spectrum changes. Maybe it want to show the world is now brighter with the presence of love and family....thats why the spectrum, the mood, the contrast.. they are brightened.. 

You're talking about the clip where MY's and ST's heads leaned to the left at the same time right? I think it was intentional to repeat that. If you watch the video again you'll see that the clips they chose matches the lyrics. That part with the duplicate was on "every step we'll take together" or maybe it was to stress that MY and ST we're so in sync or they just really neded a half second filler. Before that the song goes "My world is always you" and it was timed to GT looking to MY while driving. Also I think the montage was shot in "old school family video way" lol my age will show, kinda like the video tapes from the 80s or 90s to make the content seem more like it was taken by GT, MY and ST themselves.

It has been a fun 8 weeks, I know some details were left out its either they also had difficulty filming with Corona and all OR maybe there are some clips (like the one in the hanging bridge that was in the preview but not in any episode) reserved for the official BluRay or DVD. Seeing that the drama may not be popular in Korea  (at least ratings wise) but it has a strong international following hope the production crew would agree to an official Director's Cut.

My weekends will not be the same again :)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

I do find the making of last episode is rushed too. Even both SYJ looked so tired with slight swollen eyes that makeup can barely covered it. In the morning after scene, both KSH and SYJ’s makeup were uneven and blotchy. If I am not mistaken there’s a preview scene from episode 15 that shows books (not Finding New Faces) being displayed that didn’t aired in episode 16.

I read that the outdoor filming was delayed because of bad weather in SK. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finally watched the finale. It was a mind-blowing drama. Looking at the characters and their development over 16 episodes and that beautiful little montage of their trip, I am truly satisfied with the drama. I love that MY is still MY, who talks brashly, swears but now she is a warm person thanks to the moon brothers. And how the trio has a family unit who looks out for them. :smiley:

When looking at the mystery, it had its flaws.... I have a few questions which i would like to have been answered (I think we all would). But the writer has been dropping odd bits of flashback throughout the eps that i feel I can piece together a vague version of how the mother survived. My thoughts are that MY saved her mother, either from the basement or from the river. We have heard MY hear "save me"... so i am going to assume that MY did something to save her mother.... and any other doubt I will assume that the dad recollection of the events is distorted. I am not going to think of the fact that blood loss itself could have killed the mom, how did she manage to get herself treated, who saved MY while she was being choked by her dad.... well, atleast I am going to try to ignore this. :grimace:

ST wanting to stand on his own feet is the best ending ever for me. It shows his growth, and that he always had the ability to do it..... and how with this development, GT will also grow and heal... and also can focus on his life with MY. 

This drama is great though maybe not unique but what made it stand out from other healing dramas is the chemistry between all the characters, amazing acting by all, and the gripping storytelling.  

I love everything about this drama and is definitely in my top 3 list. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1