[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

cdcdf2d0e78348d0b7a30629c9bbbf4c.jpeg?s=

credit: soompi

“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Cast Bids Farewell To Drama With Closing Comments

With the final episode of tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” airing on August 9, the cast shared their final comments about the drama and expressed their thanks to the viewers.

Kim Soo Hyun starred as Moon Kang Tae, a caregiver who was too busy to even take care of himself. However, after meeting Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), he learned to take off his mask and live true to himself. The actor commented, “Thank you for watching ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.’ Everyone, including the director, the screenwriter, the staff, and the cast, worked really hard.” He continued, “They told me that the drama would be about healing people, but I think I was the one who was healed the most. I hope the drama was a help to everyone. ‘It’s okay to not be okay!'”

Seo Ye Ji played Go Moon Young, a children’s book author who gradually experienced emotional growth thanks to the two brothers Moon Kang Tae and Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se). On her role, she commented, “Although Go Moon Young looked flashy and cold on the outside, she was really lonely. My heart ached when her wounds were revealed, and it was also touching to see how she was healed by becoming a family with Moon Kang Tae and Moon Sang Tae. I’m happy to have received a lot of love as Go Moon Young.” Seo Ye Ji also expressed her gratitude as she said, “I want to thank everyone who participated in ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,’ as well as all the viewers.”

Oh Jung Se won viewers over with his role as Moon Sang Tae, Moon Kang Tae’s brother who lived in his own world of likes and dislikes but eventually matured into an adult with the help of his brother and Go Moon Young. He remarked, “Thanks to Moon Sang Tae, I was able to broaden my perspective of the world. Of all the roles I’ve had, Moon Sang Tae is the purest and most warm-hearted. He made me reflect on myself.” Oh Jung Se wrapped up with a thanks to the viewers, saying, “I want to express my thanks to the viewers for laughing and crying together with Moon Sang Tae as he matured.”

Finally, Park Gyu Young, who played the hardy and charming Nam Joo Ri, commented, “I really enjoyed spending this spring and summer as Nam Joo Ri. I was happy to see her grow throughout the drama. This drama was made special to me thanks to the director, staff, and actors, since I was able to learn from them and gain lots of energy. Thanks once again to everyone who showed their support for ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.'”

The final episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” airs on August 9 at 9 p.m. KST.

• Like 12

Ep 16 THE END! I'll remember this drama as one of the most healing rom-com drama of this year!! Thanks to all of you CHINGUS for recaps, translations and gifs!!! And my replay button will not stop as i mentioned earlier...:rickroll:

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Happy ending!!!! They did the deed even though we didn’t get to see the start of it but oh wells..we got clothes on the floor and a partial naked hug..so we all know what happened. I mean, we don’t want to be third wheelers peeking at the window while they are..u know.. :joy:

But we will never know how mother survived huh?? :expressionless: whoever performed plastic surgery on mother..must have had super amazing skills to make her into a completely new person for 20 years. She didn’t even age. Doctor, your skills are bravo but how come we were never introduced to you. Did you disappear without a trace too?? :ph34r:

How did she survive drowning and a crack to the skull that made her bleed piles of blood?

:idk:

this drama had me laughing, crying, and feeling empathy for each characters. 

Main lesson:

we are all human. No one can endure loneliness even if we all say we want to be alone. We all need to lean on each other at some points of our lives to make living a little easier. We are all never okay at some point in our life, and we must admit that’s okay too otherwise we will carry heavy burdens on our shoulders. Each person gives a different kind of healing, even those who look limited on the outside like ST. He may have developed cognitively in a different manner than those who are not in his condition, but his human instincts and emotions are still very much the same like all of us who cries, laughs, gets angry, feels jealous and guilt when our actions and other people’s actions get to us. We are all still human despite our struggles and conditions of lifestyles. We all can’t take on life’s trials alone. We will need to lean on each other to make the journey better and much lighter just like Director Oh emphasized to MY and KT. 

In addition, beautiful osts, amazing connection to fairy tales, and watching them all grow apart from the beginning to end was beautiful...

i am glad ST, KT and MY each counter their own inner burdens and grew up individually while staying together. I feel like a proud mama to all three of them.

:coolshades:

and thank you to everyone for making this thread lively with insights, analysis and humor :D;)

let’s celebrate the happy ending!!

:happydance:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

I'm definitely going to miss this show. Can't remember when was the last time I laughed and cried this much with the characters in a drama. Gonna miss the fanboy/girling with you all here too! Hats off to the crew, it's been an amazing ride! 

• Like 9

All good things comes to an end. Goodbye amazing Kdrama. That was a great last episode. I laughed and cried (even with a happy ending!!!) and truly savored all of this last episode. While we don’t get a detailed explanation on the mom’s survival - I am okay with it. Context clue remains that the father didn’t really throw her in the lake and she escaped the basement. It was powerful to see MY tell her mom that she won’t be like her and then to have her realize with ST that she can make new memories to erase her mom. The writer devoted more time to the our leads’ healing and growth - which are more important. It was a proper closure of the story. It was really touching to see returning characters and to see the last fairy tale that MY and ST wrote.

I will look forward to this writer’s future dramas. Of course, if our three leads should ever reunite - I will be watching. Great comeback for KSH and making both SYJ and OSJ internationally recognized now too. I will be hoping this drama get awards!! 

It really has been a pleasure these last two months —— enjoying this wonderful drama and chatting with fellow fans here. Take care everyone and remember it’s ok to not be okay!!! See you in other threads. XOXO! 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Bawling my eyes out for the scene where ST was reading his book to Mom’s tree....:criesariver:

Over all is a great drama, the only pothole is The Resurrection of The Mental Mom. Writernim was throwing those sexy scenes to lulled us so we will forget about Mom....I see you, Writernim!!! :coolshades: 

The extra bloopers are super funny....

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I’ve been watching dramas for 7 years and have never had a romcom in my top 10 favorite dramas, but this show is definitely going up there. It was interesting from start to finish with realistic and love able characters, a great and heartwarming plot, and beautiful visuals. I’ll be looking out for this writers next work and I really hope KSH and SYJ work together in another drama. It would be a waste of their chemistry if they only work together once. I was feeling really sad when the episode ended, so I am glad that they added some bloopers to lighten the mood. I started cracking up when KSH started dancing to SYJ’s coughing lol. 

I had a lot of fun reading all you guys’ posts, see you all in another thread!

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

:byebye2:

Aww We got the Happy Ending. Blabbering mess I tell you.

This was such a Nice and Niche show, thank you K drama Land for giving us this GEM.

Why did this show end, I want more of it, this was that good (and I do not want a S2 of any kdrama , this is the first in itself)

The Mom was resurrected for extra dramatic effect , could we have done without that? Not sure Not complaining. Reality merged into imagination for this character so this is what an unsolved open ending must feel like (Much like the Wicked Witch of West whose last part is maybe still not published)

It was so Good to see all the Patients return back and get their own counterparts in the last story.

ST hyun you are a sweetheart, I wish in a parallel universe you become the Best Illustrator world can have.

MY-KT go and discover yourselves more. Love will end up healing all.

Bye Bye to this GEM. We will surely miss you.

:heart4:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Love everything about the drama except for the plot hole about MY's mother.

Really? How come there is no explanation of her survival? The reason why she is in hiding all those years and how she has watched over MY. That basically ropes the ending for me, no matter how sweet it is for our trio and other supporting characters. Because it is such a big hole that makes viewers question the drama's integrity - I want to it to be more complete than just this.

• Like 5

All the scene in ep 16 make up everything. Its okay for the non existing bed scene - tearing shirt off and boots off and sound of humping bed.. I will not send the death threat to TVN for now..

The writer and director finishes off the story marvelously. I like it very much. For Sang Tae to go separately, shows he grew up so much and he wants to earn money whil having fun making books! Aigoo Sang Tae is really the saviour for Gang Tae and Moon Young. 

Now Gang Tae and Moon Young travel separately with a mind that they knew they have a home to return to. Now Gang Tae have Moon Young alone in the camping car. I guess children making in the process while travelling:lol::shaq:... fufufu.. Sang Tae will be shocked the moment Gang Tae returns with a big belly Ko Moon Young. 

:spitswater:

Wow the story is very much fun indeed. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

That's it, guys. That was the end. 

Still can't believe it.

I am literally in tears & I have rarely been in tears after watching a k-drama. 

I've said it so many times but I'll never get tired of repeating it - I am super thankful that I had the chance to see this. Yes, I've missed KSH immensely but this was the best return he could have ever dreamt of.

As for the episode... I cannot really get my emotions together, in order to express all my thoughts & feelings. But I liked to much the fact that the ending put a fullstop to all theories. Everything is clear now, all settled.

Yet... they left an open door for a possible second season. Each one of the characters could be developed, so many stories left unfinished. I am pretty sure that we might get a season two in an year or so. And I am definitely praying for this to happen! 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 4

This is hands down the best kdrama I've watched in 2020. Beautifully written and executed, perfect chemistry between main leads, excellent supporting cast. I'm going to bed with a warm and happy heart tonight :heart:

• Like 14
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, queenie said:

This is hands down the best kdrama I've watched in 2020. Beautifully written and executed, perfect chemistry between main leads, excellent supporting cast. I'm going to bed with a warm and happy heart tonight :heart:

Hands down the best kdrama I've watched. Not even 'in 2020' but in general. :) 

So, sooooooooo grateful. And I am indeed in tears but happy tears. :sparklyeyes:

• Like 12

What a heartwarming ending. I didnt expect to cry towards the ending. From episodes 1-15, I've always wanted to hug MGT due to all his hardships and misfortunes, I'm glad he, ST and KMY got the fairy tale ending they deserve. 

I actually find the story a little too heavy but so happy with the ending. 

KSH is such a great actor, crying buckets in almost all episodes but HANDS DOWN to MST. I'm used to seeing him in comedic roles but I'm in awe of his acting

And lastly, OMG the all the kissing scenes of MGT and KMY are always on FIIIIRRREE! 

• Like 10
  • Love 1