[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

A wedding or the 3 as a family (KTxMY got hitched) will be the perfect ending to this drama. They’re all looking for a place to belong and for the, to finally realize this dream will be the best ending. I think the Final Episode’s title will be MoonYoung’s book title.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Paula2019 said:

So I'm reading in IG how the leaked photos can be bad for international fans, like maybe they'll be closed off? I'm curious, are majority of Korean actors this private? I come from a country where actors take advantage of fans' hunger until it fades away. I'm curious how different it is in South Korea?

Each fancafe has different rules.. 

but for this case her new fans and old fans got in fight since new fans 'leaked' to the world. so now the post is opened only to the staff/ core members.

Now they r saying SYJ posted those pics only for yeyes (what she called her fans) so it must be keep private, like if she really said that.. No official post from SYJ regarding this, it's just a chaos between fans. 

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

SYJ's popularity is exploding and I'm sorry to say but her old fans are just gonna have to learn to share. I know that each cafe has its own rules but the overreaction because of the leaks is unlike anything I've seen before. Well at least it gave us something to preoccupy ourselves with while we wait for the final episodes I guess :lol:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

i agree. We all now am sure she is the mother

the next reveal needs to be about how she survived for 20 years unless she never suffered the incidents as we were shown through memories..and why did she kill KT’s mom..we still need answers.

:headbang:

I agree too, because there is explanation DHJ is medical student before she drop out, that makes she can act natural for being head nurse,,

• Like 3

17 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

@ demarchelier Gracias por el video de BTS :).

Aww tan lindo.

Tengo un primo pequeño que tiene autismo, aunque no estoy seguro de qué tipo, pero es muy inteligente :)

In autism we are not by type. We are diagnosed by grades 1-2-3 and even 4 depending on the continent. Degrees is how doctors decide how much help we need to be functional like you neurotypists (instead of respecting our way of being) and help us if we ask for help. GT must be grade 3. There are non-verbal and verbal autistic people, there is not one autistic person like another but we share many characteristics. Most of us are artists or scientists. I am a Psychologist with a Master's degree in human behavior development. Of the University of Costa Rica .Those of us who are grade 1 generally help those who find it harder to adapt to their world  ( neurotypical ) or to communicate so that they can be independent. Autism is a born condition  it is not a disability, nor any disease. The little ones and teens helpers we need a little more understanding and patience.

5 hours ago, Not Me said:

Cada fancafe tiene reglas diferentes. 

pero para este caso sus nuevos fans y viejos fans se pelearon desde que los nuevos fans 'se filtraron' al mundo. por lo que ahora el puesto está abierto solo para el personal / miembros principales.

Ahora dicen que SYJ publicó esas fotos solo para yeyes (como ella llamaba a sus fans) así que debe ser privado, como si ella realmente dijera eso ... No hay publicación oficial de SYJ con respecto a esto, es solo un caos entre los fans. 

Also since they can be seen on netflix, they are having access to fans from all over the world, their actors send us greetings, they make interviews for us and we have been able to fall in love with dramas as wonderful as this or crush landing on you, the actors learn our languages to communicate with us. Seo ye ji studied in Spain and speaks Spanish is a good and beautiful person. As GT explained to MY we can all be together, it is not a competition.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Hello it's been a while since the last time i joined Soompi till i forgot the password :getmygrooveon:

I'm so happy found this thread and been lurking here since eps 6. Nice to meet you officially fellas. 

Ah it is very nice to read all of the theories here. And how about making a special topic about the character, since we have psychologist here. 

It is because MY character doesn't not suit ASPD spectrum, for me it's just, a defense mechanism + PTSD that make her character. And may i know more about autistic spectrum, and in what state is Sang Tae? 

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not rrly majoring this field, but it's still nice to know. 

• Like 4

I don’t see the ring in the pics but I think KT’s proposal to MY would be fitting for this drama’s ending :heart:

Also, if that’s a picture from the last episode, is this MY’s first time in jeans?  Yay to her finally wearing casual clothes; no longer need to defend herself through extravagant clothes. 

• Like 6

Hi! I've been a lurker since half way through this drama. Now that we're heading towards the last week, I don't know how I'm gonna deal with withdrawals :sad1: the themes and aesthetics of this drama have been captured so beautifully. there is really not much to complain with the staff and our lovely trio. IOTNBO will definitely continue to be one of my favorite kdramas

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Paula2019 said:

So I'm reading in IG how the leaked photos can be bad for international fans, like maybe they'll be closed off? I'm curious, are majority of Korean actors this private? I come from a country where actors take advantage of fans' hunger until it fades away. I'm curious how different it is in South Korea?

8 hours ago, Not Me said:

Each fancafe has different rules.. 

but for this case her new fans and old fans got in fight since new fans 'leaked' to the world. so now the post is opened only to the staff/ core members.

Now they r saying SYJ posted those pics only for yeyes (what she called her fans) so it must be keep private, like if she really said that.. No official post from SYJ regarding this, it's just a chaos between fans. 

Well, we'd have to look and see if her fanclub/fansite/fancafe is an exclusive-membership club.

There are Korean actors/actresses with paid-membership fansite created for their fans where they post exclusive photos/posts that they don't want to share with the general public.

Spoiler

For example: Hyun Bin and his exclusive The Space fansite, a paid-membership club and many of the contents there are monitored by his management, VAST. 

So if her's is also like that, then leaking/sharing content without permission is not ok since we're getting accessed to content without paying to view it like others. 

However, if her fansite isn't, then I agree that I don't understand why we, specifically international fans, can't share/get access to them. Aren't we Yeyes as well? Perhaps Korean fans (and SYJ herself) aren't aware of her rising popularity overseas and the increase in international fanbase yet so they aren't used to this type of content sharing? 

I love seeing MY wearing pants, for the 1st time in this entire drama, in those new photos with the Moon brothers. What a change! 

Does anyone think that somehow the casts themselves have been leaking on how the ending will be like in the past 2 weeks with photos of the camping car, ST wearing a sunglasses on his shirt outdoor, MY wearing jeans...

Even the book illustrator posted a photo of his illustration with MY character wearing a crown and holding hands with a (seem to be smiling) KT character and butterflies flying around them. 

I'm feeling lots of positive vibes coming around. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, ncly said:

Well, we'd have to look and see if her fanclub/fansite/fancafe is an exclusive-membership club.

There are Korean actors/actresses with paid-membership fansite created for their fans where they post exclusive photos/posts that they don't want to share with the general public.

Yes this make perfect sense. Is the demand to small to include international fans? I read that fancafe is exclusve to Koreans because of the requirements, would be nice to have some kind of paid access for foreigners too :sipsboba:

I am going to miss the castle. That set is marvelous!

2 hours ago, 407801baby said:

It is because MY character doesn't not suit ASPD spectrum, for me it's just, a defense mechanism + PTSD that make her character. And may i know more about autistic spectrum, and in what state is Sang Tae? 

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not rrly majoring this field, but it's still nice to know. 

Well, Mun Yeong will need proper medical diagnosis, for us to conclude whether or not she has ASPD. We can't judge based on what we see, it's really more complicated than that. For the sake of the story we'll have to take their word for it. We can assume that she was diagnosed before she became famous.

I've also explained before that ASPD is like any other personality disorder, symptoms aren't always accurate, they're often layered with other problems and they are manageable depending on one's will and environment. It also changes overtime, it can escalate or manifest somewhere else. It's not an illness, it's a personality. Illnesses are treated with medicine, personality disorders are managed. Both benefit from therapy and healthy environment.

As a kid, I was feared to be antisocial by my father because I really don't like people, rules for me are games I can break. I can relate to MY's cynical view of people/the world. Like her, I also tend to get obsessed with the apple of my eye and succesfully "charm" them to be with me (narcissist tendencies). I learned to manage it as I grow up. Haven't gone back to therapy for a very long time. I still have issues following orders, unless I'm the one giving it, but this is no longer the case with my romantic relationships.

I agree though that she has PSTD, which is probably why she's emphatic with Sang Tae. I'm pretty sure she dealt her mom's death on her own as a kid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, blademan said:

They own my heart.

cred. owner

...and the three of them lived happily ever after.

MINE TOO!

5 hours ago, alexaze said:

SYJ's popularity is exploding and I'm sorry to say but her old fans are just gonna have to learn to share. I know that each cafe has its own rules but the overreaction because of the leaks is unlike anything I've seen before. Well at least it gave us something to preoccupy ourselves with while we wait for the final episodes I guess :lol:

Yes, share. And with respect, even Hyung ST would agree. :approves:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

About fancafes:

Spoiler

Different fancafes have different rules. Most fancafes screen their applicants by having fans answer questions (that are usually in Korean) to really know if the fans are legit. Some fandoms (usually kpop fandoms) have VIPs that pay for membership and they have exclusive perks, perks that can’t be shared to “normal members” of the fancafe. Usually international fans can join, they just need someone to translate the questions and translate their answers back. I don’t know the rules in SYJ’s fancafe but maybe the leaked photos are really exclusive only for members.

Now back to the drama. 

i don’t know how KMY reached the house that fast, maybe her manager drove her back, but I can clearly see hatred in her eyes in the picture. It’s not directed to MKT but to DHJ. KMY is clearly mad at her own mother, who wouldn’t be when you have a mom like that. This will just prove that KMY is reeally different from her mom and she was able to grow up good despite of what her mother did to her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, softestfairy said:

Again, how long are these last two episodes? I feel like everything is so abrupt I'm not ready yet :(

Netflix shows 78 minutes for Episode 15 and 81 minutes for Episode 16 respectively. Considering the patterns from previous episodes, Episode 15 running time would be the same as Episode 14, and Episode 16 should the same as Episode 10.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cooleet said:

i don’t know how KMY reached the house that fast, maybe her manager drove her back, but I can clearly see hatred in her eyes in the picture. It’s not directed to MKT but to DHJ. KMY is clearly mad at her own mother, who wouldn’t be when you have a mom like that. This will just prove that KMY is reeally different from her mom and she was able to grow up good despite of what her mother did to her.

I believe and this is just how I got it but I think that the last scenes weren't shown in order for the dramatic effect. When MY and SI left, KT was still at the house and hadn't tried to reach ST yet. That's why MY says that is all alone at the castle. So we have my running and meanwhile KT went down to JR's house to find ST then back again to the castle so quite some time would have passed by then giving mY enough to reach (whether she got a ride or ran all the way there) 

• Insightful 3