[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

This was one of the best dramas I ever watch and the best drama of 2020 there's not much more I can say that haven't been said I really enjoyed everyone's comments its so hard to say goodbye because this was also one of the best forums I been in so to all my drama lovers I hope we meet again in another forum later 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, JungRok said:
I guess the way of Moon Gang Tae parallelism with Ko Mun Young hits differently when I saw this tweet. Hahaha I wonder if that is Kim So Hyun in secret:lol:.

What if BTS scene for this sequence, Soo Hyun did an adlib like "Hey, why are you leaving, SEO YE JI? "

And Ye Ji drops her knees laughing off - "Ya, its not funny"

For me, this drama was my no 2 in 2020 after Hospital Playlist (no 1) and CLOY(no 3). 

A good starter comeback for Kim Soo Hyun. I believe he will have a movie comeback as well later. Hope to see him in Saeguk Historical movie/drama comeback as well. Hihihi. Perhaps a musical drama? Tbt #dreamhigh...

Seo Ye Ji is already popular ever since I saw her in Salvame and Lawless Lawyers back in 2017-2018. This girl doesnt held back when it comes to kissing scene. One of the best kissing actor I was like "Wow, is she tongue kissing????".  Was this influenced from Spanish acting? I knew her studied Journalism in Spain.. could be she had more than just study.

The decision of GoldMedalist to push through their actors to work together really works well. It bolstered her popularity nowadays. I saw some news and naver forum; Seo Ye Ji will be busy later this year for CFs filming and magazine shoots. Hope she can do with Soo Hyun as well. 

Oh Jung Se. I saw him in previous drama in Misaeng, Tazza, Touch Your Heart, Camelia Blooms and Stove League and Missing 9. His best ones I believe is When Camelia Blooms. Now he is filming Good Detective - a different spectrum from this drama. Moon Sang Tae is really daebak. To think he matures and grows really fast; autistic spectrum disorder - to think he will be the 3rd wheeler for the rest of Ko Moon Young and Gang Tae life. Heh:mrgreen:

Now please. I am okay with drama ending butttttt After 1-2 years, please give us more collab for Soo Hyun and Ye ji. I dont care if they are a villain or enemies in that drama/movie.

I am reposting my written post here. 

To be honest, I want to write my feedback for ep 16. All those camping trip.. I saw Seo Ye Ji, Soo Hyun faces instead.. hahahah

Oh Jung Se really is Baeksang !!!

I saw some posts on wiki and some kdrama blogs.. that they were struggling with the first two episodes and then stopped watch it...however they decided to watch it through after the honest feedback from livestream, kakaotalk and naver video.. 

To be honest.. you are not late to the fandom. Just go and watch it!!

The decision of GoldMedalist to push through their actors to work together really works well. It bolstered her popularity nowadays. I saw some news and naver forum; Seo Ye Ji will be busy later this year for CFs filming and magazine shoots. Hope she can do with Soo Hyun as well. 

hahaha I really see Kim Soo Hyun here

Jaesu-si is actually their truly first friend and big brother to Gang Tae

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the ending leaves flexibility for a sequel. Why was the family photo with MY's mum never shown, we never saw what happened to the Park patient who escaped, what was the ending to MY's mum's thriller etc. Nevertheless, what a beautiful drama! Every actor and actress was excellent in his/her own way :star:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Just now, Bekind said:

I think the ending leaves flexibility for a sequel. Why was the family photo with MY's mum never shown, we never saw what happened to the Park patient who escaped, what was the ending to MY's mum's thriller etc. Nevertheless, what a beautiful drama! Every actor and actress was excellent in his/her own way :star:

And we never got Sang-tae learning the truth about his mother's death.

As I said above, I also believe they left way too many open doors for a second season. Not only MST's learning the truth, but his "career" as an illustrator & the life on his own. MKT & KMY's rest of the trip and after that. KMY's mom eventually leaving prison & once again following them (potentially starting from MST, since he is now "alone"). Jae-su starting his own life, without the two brothers (possibly, related to the sweet art director?). Ju-ri & the CEO - especially, with his new office in same town. Her mother & Director O (and his son). Even the two patients in love & their story.

Sooo many unfinished stories & so much potential for at least one more season! :) 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, blademan said:

I've grown so attached to these two it feels like ST is leaving me as well...ugly crying rn.

:bawling::bawling:

cred. owner

Dont you think this is the best farewell to Sang Tae? And Moon Gang Tae-Ko Moon Young.. Deep down, Sang Tae give them his blessing of being fated lovers and couple.. given that he wants to work hard and help his little brother by illustrating. 

Seeing the next future is Gang Tae coming back to school and perhaps Moon Young return to write.. 

I wonder what happened to SangSangESang Publishing with the last book of Murder of the Witch of the East? Did the mother jailed for the rest of her life? With Park Ok ran presumebly dead, and dead Mentally ill patient in ep 1, I guess she is locked up in prison for the rest of her life. 

The bloopers are soo funny.. hahaha.. Ahh I hope I can watch the BTS since its locked from Canada.. Watch the very end of the bloopers.. it seems the sound guy fell down from the gate.  Ahahahah

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

And we never got Sang-tae learning the truth about his mother's death.

As I said above, I also believe they left way too many open doors for a second season. Not only MST's learning the truth, but his "career" as an illustrator & the life on his own. MKT & KMY's rest of the trip and after that. KMY's mom eventually leaving prison & once again following them (potentially starting from MST, since he is now "alone"). Jae-su starting his own life, without the two brothers (possibly, related to the sweet art director?). Ju-ri & the CEO - especially, with his new office in same town. Her mother & Director O (and his son). Even the two patients in love & their story.

Sooo many unfinished stories & so much potential for at least one more season! :) 

See See maybe that's why it feels like We need more of it. Too attached with this Family of Unique Ones.

Also I need to see the FRENCH KISS Without The darn DEER NOISE!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

I know that there will be some disappointed viewers regarding MY mom's story. Most likely it will be an asterisk to an almost perfect drama and the weakest part. As others have reiterated, the drama was really about the healing and growth of the main leads. When I read about child abuse victims, it's sad to read how much an adverse effect the abuse has in their lives all the way into their adulthood (difficult relationships, self-esteem issues, weak outlook on life, etc.) and the memories of the abuse haunting them. In a New York Times article, it talked about some of these victims becoming abusers themselves. In the end, does it really matter how MY's mom was able to survive the supposed fall and reappear years later? Do Hui-jae is still the crappy, child abusing byotch who made her daughter's life toxic. I found the scene of MY visiting her mom so powerful - the victim facing her abuser. DHJ had the gall to say what she did to MY was to make her a strong woman. Then MY pointing out to  her mom how wrong it was and determined not to be her was courageous. She's no longer the scared little girl. MY telling Sang-tae to paint over the butterfly with a better butterfly was icing on the cake for MY's arc. Talk about healing and growth!

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Such a lovely end to one of the most best dramas I've watched ever.

I will miss our trio dearly... so that male nurse was the hospital director's son? I'm moved by Sang Tae's growth throughout this drama, again kudos to the actor for a job well done. Like the butterfly he was so fearful from he learned to embrace it and spread his wings to freely fly away~

I loved all the insights and thoughtful messages from this drama, it has been a beautiful journey of discovery, happiness and wonderment. Ooo Gang Tae and Moon Young French kissed ookayyy (and then some ahem LoL) I appreciate that Ye Ji kissed Soo Hyun back just as passionately, instead of lying down like a dead fish which most other K-actresses do.

Farewell and take care. Be happy always.       

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

gahhhh!!! what a beautiful ending to this drama! i actually loved how they didn't dwell on the mum issue for too long in the last couple episodes because her existence was never the focus of the drama. like MY's new book states, the mum storyline just gave them the push and courage they needed to seek their own happiness and im soooo glad our trio got their happiness. that montage at the end got me right  in the feels. 

the scene where ST decides to leave the trip to start working on his own was something i didn't realise i needed! it tells the audience that ST and KT are really living for themselves and making their own decisions now. it always felt like they both had this small chain tying them to each other but now they're both free to explore without feeling like they're holding the other person back. it doesn't mean they won't be in each others lives as much anymore or love each other any less, it just means ST belongs to ST and KT belongs to KT. 

i loved that they touched on the side characters and gave everyone some time in the finale. all the characters that helped our leads heal were thanked and shown appreciation for. the incorperation of some of the patients in the book was lovely as well. 

so so happy we got to see our trio enjoying themselves. we got a lot of trio moments and that was beautiful because the drama has always been about the healing of these three. the way they showed the dynamic of the trio in ep 16 was so heartwarming. these guys fit so well together and are truly a family! the way the writers focused on MY and ST's friendship has always been admirable to me too! the show didnt just tell us MY and ST were best friends, it showed us too. through the little arguments they have, the way he got her the eggs and the way he scolds her when shes rude etc. kudos to the writers for fleshing out this relationship. 

ngl i wish we did have more cute MY and KT moments in this last episode but its okay has never been your typical romcom kdrama focused on the fluff and swoon moments to pull people in. i did wish that last kiss outside the camper van was more than just a peck tho! none the less we did get the steamy table seen so lets just be grateful hahaha. ep 15 showed us how much KT loves MY already and the beginning of ep 16 established that MY felt the same, so i think the rest of the episode was able to take a step back from the romance scenes and just showed us their life together now. like i said, romance has never been the focus so im glad the drama just wrapped up their chapter at ok hospital and showed them all happy and living their life! thank you jungse for your amazing portrayal of ST and kim so hyun and seo yeji you guys kill me! from the chemistry, to the visuals to the acting. we couldnt have asked for a better match as KT and MY. pls get married irl alrdy! haha 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

OMG.

Perfection!

Perfection in story-tellling (script-Jo Yong).

Perfection in performance.

Perfection is story-telling (visual-Park Shin-Woo).

The whole team did excellent work.  I bet even their caterers were amazing.

I just sat and let my eyes leak and leak and leak.

The writer was so kind to all her character, except for the wicked witch of the west.

So much love.

So much respect.

So much community.

The performances were all award worthy but OH JUNG-SE, needs to be sitting on a pile of accolades and awards when award season comes around.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

This has been an amazing ride!! I wasn't too convinced about the story when it was announced till the teasers came out and MANNNNN!! has it delivered!! Started well, didn't sag in the middle, ended perfectly, fed us with enough romance and action from the OTP, deep, funny, thought provoking.... PBIO has saved 2020!! Made up for all the disappointing and half-hearted dramas I subjected myself to.

I am especially glad they did not drag Moon Young's mother's scenes. As far as I am concerned, the explanation given for her behavior and actions is good enough. Dad obviously hallucinated and Mum had a world view that would make her go to such extremes to torment people. They wrapped that up in a neat bow in episode 15, within 20 minutes and used the remaining hour and episode 16 for our OTP as opposed to wrapping up stuff in the last 15 minutes of episode 16. (or that horror of an ending from backstreet rookie. How can you have a whole drama with two great kissers and no kiss???)

Highlights:

• More kiss scenes, a cheekily implied bed scene:D and an actual morning after scene!
  • Perfect love confessions.
  • Sang Tae leaving the coop and flying off on his own.

My conclusion: I am completely satisfied with this drama and I will rewatch it soon.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Aside from the mother, everything else about this show was exceptional. Just this final episode alone made me go through so many emotions. These three characters—these damaged souls who came together and formed a family—will forever go down as some of my favorites.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Wow! What an absolutely marvelous, perfect, over-the-moon happy ending! I cried tears of joy seeing everyone gets their 'faces' back, a.k.a their growth, their well-deserved happiness! I was for 0.5 second waiting for the explanation of the mom's backstory, but who cares, because this story is about how our trio heals themselves by loving and leaning on each other!
Among the three, I am most proud of Sang Tae's growth, but most happy for Gang Tae. He has learned to let go of the anger, to accept the love showered by KMY and his brother, and to have time for himself. I'm sure he's gonna miss taking care of the other two, but this would be an exciting new journey for him as well!

Hats off to Oh Jung-Se. He deserves a Daesang this year, if Psycho but it's okay not to receive a Deasang this year. Sang Tae, through the performance of Jung-se, is not a supporting role but arguably a main role that may have outshined the other two main roles! But not to compare, the three characters complement each other and play  a crucial part in making the story very unique.

I have been a fan of SYJ since Hwarang, but this drama has offically turned this ahjumma into KSH's fan! His crying scenes just makes me sob uncontrollably! Kudos to him.

Last but not least, thank you for the posts on this forum. It has been an absolutely joyful ride to be with you all through ups and downs of the drama.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, TiNaDo said:

That's it, guys. That was the end. 

Still can't believe it.

I am literally in tears & I have rarely been in tears after watching a k-drama. 

I've said it so many times but I'll never get tired of repeating it - I am super thankful that I had the chance to see this. Yes, I've missed KSH immensely but this was the best return he could have ever dreamt of.

As for the episode... I cannot really get my emotions together, in order to express all my thoughts & feelings. But I liked to much the fact that the ending put a fullstop to all theories. Everything is clear now, all settled.

Yet... they left an open door for a possible second season. Each one of the characters could be developed, so many stories left unfinished. I am pretty sure that we might get a season two in an year or so. And I am definitely praying for this to happen! 

That's all good and well, but how about that kiss? :sweat_smile::joy:

When he placed her down on the table and SYJ had that little smirk while kissing, there was definitely some tongue action. To bad they cut it when it got a little more interesting... :grin:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I was planning to come here find the preview and post a rough translation of it, only to realize that it's already the final episode, and we won't have any new ones coming next week :((

Episode 16 is definitely a closure to all the sh*ts MST-MGT-KMY have been through and presents new doors to each of them with so much positive outlook. I can't express enough the warmth and happiness I'm feeling from all the love they are receiving from the people around them, from Sang In, to Jae Su, to Juri, to Juri's mom, to Director Oh (one of my fav characters, I'm sure he'll be missed dearly by the staff and patients once he leaves the hospital)... Too much love you guys - do you know that feeling of yourself automatically smiling when you see those around you smile? I'm having that giddy feeling, seeing GT-ST-MY's happy face makes me feel happy as well. I guess that's the effect happiness brings to you. 

And of course, all the revelations:

1. The illustration that appears in color/B&W at the beginning of each episode has always been MY's last book's cover. The writer/producer has been hinting us all along.

2. MY asking GT "Moon Sang Tae and Ko Moon Young, who do you like more?" and GT answering "I like myself the most." It took him years of hardship to finally understand self love.

3. ST saying "Moon Gang Tae belongs to Moon Gang Tae."  

4. I thought ST's smile at the family photoshoot was his best and real one, but THIS, this is the best (when he waved goodbye to his brother and sister)

Screen-Shot-2020-08-10-at-1-29-45-AM.png

5. MY understands what it means to have a real family, to feel warmth and love, and that when you can't erase the ugly past, you find happier memories to replace it. 

6. GT and MY are no longer virgins woo hoo! :))

Re: DHJ's past and how she survived 

I actually don't care how she survived anymore - knowing that it actually won't add much value to the current story and to the growth of the main characters. Why waste your time dwelling on the ugly past when you can spend that energy on the presence and the future?

Living in the moment - I feel like that's what the main characters are trying to do because earlier, all they've been doing was lurking around their horrible past or being chased by it. Now that they are finally free, there's no more point for them (and us, as we are also in a journey with them) to ask "how" about DHJ's survival. It doesn't even matter (at least to me) that ST doesn't know the Head Nurse is MY's mom and that she killed his mom. Let it go. DHJ/Head Nurse has made herself become an outcast, so let her go. 

I can't believe ST got himself a job as an illustrator with Sang In (he'll probably work at the new SangSangESang office in Seong Jin) and asked GT and MY to go have fun together without him. 

Oh my, our purest ST has grown so much in front of our eyes. For the first time, ST and GT are going separate ways to pursue their own happiness. Somehow this feels like parents sending their children to college far away from their home - you'll know they'll be ok, but you can't help worrying about whether they'll really be ok on their own. 

I'm going to go cray cray if this drama (along with the cast, the director, producer, composer, illustrator, stylist, writer...) doesn't get any awards and/or recognition for what they've done. This, hands down, is the best human healing drama I've watched so far. All the best wishes to the cast's upcoming works, they and the crew should be proud of what they've brought to us. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1