[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

Park Bo-gum's Youth Record, 190,000 viewers in one day...Toward 2 million viewers

Since tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama "Youth Records," starring Park Bo-gum, started its first broadcast successfully on September 7, it has been gaining popularity with 190,000 more viewers in just one day on its second episode on September 8.

tvN's new Monday-Tuesday drama "Youth Record" (directed by Ahn Kil-ho, scripted by Ha Myung-hee, produced by Fan Entertainment, and Studio Dragon) was first aired on the 7th amid keen interest. "Youth Records" depicts the growth records of young people who strive to achieve their dreams and love without despair on the wall of reality. The hot records of young people who go straight for their dreams in their own ways, which have become luxury, give excitement and empathy.

According to TNMS viewer data, "Youth Record" set a record of 1.78 million viewers on its first broadcast on September 7, and in the second episode, it is on the verge of surpassing 2 million viewers as it secured 1.97 million viewers with an increase of 190,000 viewers.

Following the previous day, women in their 40s watched "Youth Records" the most, while those in their 30s saw the highest ratings compared to the previous day.

Tho Record of youth is a story about youth, but the one who watched it is women in their 40s and 30s :approves:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Record of Youth continues to maintain its 1st spot as the Number One Drama in its time slot!!

Y29Vup5.jpg

“Record Of Youth” Sees Increase In Ratings For Day 2

TV/FILM

Sep 9, 2020

by R. Jun

tvN’s “Record of Youth” has seen an increase in ratings on day two.

“Record of Youth” is about young people who struggle to achieve their dreams and find love amid the harsh realities of the modeling industry. Park Bo Gum plays Sa Hye Joon, an aspiring actor and model, Park So Dam plays Ahn Jung Ha, an aspiring makeup artist, and Byun Woo Seok plays Won Hae Hyo, a model who wants to achieve success on his own terms.

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 9 broadcast of “Record of Youth” recorded an average of 6.802 percent viewership. The drama saw a 0.4 point increase from its premiere and maintained its spot as the No. 1 drama in its time slot.

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” maintained ratings in the 5 percent range, hitting 5.3 percent with its Tuesday episode. The previous episode recorded 5.6 percent.

Meanwhile, MBC every1’s “Lonely Enough to Love” recorded 0.4 percent viewership, for a 0.1 point decrease from last week’s episode.

Source : Soompi Article

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Joining this thread because this drama just captivated me. From the get-go, Park Bo Gum does an excellent job of his role. His struggles with his family and work environment are very relatable. And he is able to make me sympathize with what he is going through. And I’m already rooting for him to succeed. Some things that make his character stand out is how he maintains a sense of integrity despite dealing with adversities. I was particularly impressed with how he dealt with the designer and how much respect he still afforded him.

It’s interesting how both leads’ characters played out. I was not thrilled when Jeong Ha decided to fib about her being a fan but as it turned out, they develop a friendship first, so I think this is so much better. Though I didn’t really think there would be an imbalance in their relationship but I see it might be rather an awkward situation for them if they started as a fan and star level. As it turned out, they are on equal footing and this may be my own speculation but Jeong Ah may actually be an inspiration for Hye Joon with how she lives her life. As Hye Joon has complimented her, she is independent. She works hard and doesn’t compromise her beliefs for someone else. To paraphrase, she said that she didn’t need to be in love or married to be happy. It will be interesting to see if she will change her mind.

This will be all for now. Thank you for reading. I’m off for a rewatch as the countdown for the next week’s episodes begin. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

Hi there, @touchthesky99! Welcome to the ROY thread! I love what you've written in your post and just realised that you've made your first post on this thread! :fullofhearts:

Thank you for sharing your insights with us about our main leads! Yeah, I do believe that Jung-Ha will be one of the main motivating force for Hye-joon as he threads on this long and arduous journey of achieving his hopes and dreams.

Actually, I started off by watching ROY mainly because of our Park-Park couple and the storyline of the drama has piqued my interest too since I much prefer your slice of life drama filled with its heartwarming scenes, lighthearted moments and not forgetting, the romance shared between the main leads.

ROY has certainly not disappointed me as this drama has almost all the elements which I am looking for before I decide on watching it. It's a highly refreshing and stimulating type of drama invoking the mixed emotions of the viewers and this is only made plausible because of the impressive performances of our main leads and the supporting cast. :hwaiting:

Like @Jillia, I guess I'm rather selective of the shows I watch mainly due to time constraints and the fact that I do find myself losing interest in a drama after watching a couple of episodes to the point that I will drop it entirely or maybe, I will find myself fast-forwarding to the scenes with only the main leads in there. Somehow, I am still able to figure out the main gist of what the show is about. :blush:

After watching the first two episodes, the drama just overwhelms me because it has delved on many things which I find are so relatable and familiar with what we are encountering in our everyday lives. I like the part when Hye-Joon says that even when reality sets in, he won't be defeated by it but will rather choose to overcome all the odds and obstacles to make a mark out of his life. He wants to be able to own a house as this will be a safe haven for him to unwind and also to let it all out and shed tears of pain and sorrow whenever he wants and feels the need to do so.

At times, transcapping on Hye-Joon's scenes made me tear up too and I know it's because Park Bo-Gum is able to fully assimilate himself into these emotional scenes exceedingly well that I too find myself being totally immersed in his role too, feeling the intense pain he is going through at that moment and crying along with him. His repertoire of acting skills never ceases to amaze me. :approves:

Just like I'm loving Jung-Ha's candid personality too. She is someone who dares to speak up for herself and this is definitely something which I've always loved to see in our female leads. She is someone with a spunky personality and in spite of the difficult circumstances she is faced with, she remains unwavered and is set on reaching for her goal of becoming an accomplished make-up artist by working hard for it.

In a large, both Hye-Joon and Jung-Ha are very much alike as they continue to hold on to their dreams, believing that they can carve a niche for themselves in this entertainment industry and more importantly, never losing sight of who they are and what they have always believed in. :wow1:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Complete table of AGB Nielsen Korea for Tuesday,  September 8.

National

IMG-20200909-064857.jpg

As we can see, RoY was aired twice

Ranked 1st and 5th  

6.802 + 1.819 = 8.621

Seoul Metropolitan Area

IMG-20200909-064723.jpg

SMA - aired twice,  placing in 1st and 5th also. 

8.217 + 1.859 = 10.076%

HOWEVER,  When I analyzed the drama rating of IONTB, replay doesn't mean it will be placed again in the Top Ten Rank of that particular day as what we see in RoY. 

RoY Unnies and Oppas,  I am not bringing IONTB rating here to COMPARE but to ANALYZE. The ended drama was awesome and I also love it and root for it until its last episode. 

With this, correct me if I'm mistaken. 

Spoiler

IMG-20200909-070517.jpg

This is the 2nd day of IONTB wc we can see no replay/no rank BUT

IMG-20200909-074116.jpg

This is the number of people according to the rating percentage. As we can see aired and ranked twice but in the first table wc shown % only didn't place the ranking. 

Meaning, the drama was aired twice but the percentage of number of people who watched it didn't able make it to TOP TEN. 

CONCLUSION : Replaying a drama doesn't guarantee it will take a spot again in Rating Ranking wc is people are always looking into. 

Going Back to RoY, it's a good thing both the first airing and the replay of the drama both ranked. 

http://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=3_1&area=00&begin_date=20200621

Warmly welcoming our new RoY Unnies @ponderings @Nodame @uglypearl @ainipang

@touchthesky99:foryou:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Loving the many different faces of Hye-Joon.. :fullofhearts:

Spoiler

The excited-looking Hye-Joon...

3IJkNHm.gif

The determined-looking Hye-Joon...

og4AsON.gif

The sorrowful-looking Hye-Joon...

VKvu6u2.gif

The sensible Hye-Joon...

z3GO7GF.gif

The friendly Hye-Joon

HHtEru4.gif

Spoiler

The cool-looking Hye-Joon

V2KjO1h.gif

The endearing-looking Hye-Joon...

CP87jLR.gif

Cr. dc gall

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

FanArt

Haraboji Min Gi and maknae Hye Jun. Ohhh,  I sobbed heavily during the particular scene of the "old door". That door is really metaphorizing Hye Jun and Haraboji's lives. :bawling:

IMG-20200909-065357.jpg

cto

Me saying while watching that scene: Where can I donate for new door of Hye Jun?  [but for sure he'll never accept it like what he did to Designer Jung. :D]

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

A big welcome to the ROY drama thread, @ㅋㅋㅋ, @touchthesky99, @rahma92, @Nodame, @ponderings, @ainipang, @rukizie, @Badette Aguilar, @backstreetboysfan@MrEildriz, @Latte_Anyday, @uglypearl @YongZura⁷ and not forgetting, @autumnight for all your screencaps! :fullofhearts:

Hi there, @H0ney! Great to see you here too! Welcome to the Happy ROY family! :Pandabulous:

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Started watching this while expecting it to be a light drama, and I am not disappointed. Not much drama going on, at least for now. We are seeing young people (mainly the 3 leads), trying to live out their life while chasing their dreams. 

We've got two childhood friends with completely opposite life style and almost everything they have is opposite. Won Hae Hyo has got a rather extra-supportive mother. She is pulling strings behind his back, unknown to him. While we see Hye Jun struggling with his family not really fond of him following his dream.

It is actually understandable if we try to look from their POV, since they have failed example in front of them, the grandfather. Also they being more on the poor side, does make them think that Hye Jun should look for a career change before its too late for him, but they are not showing their concerns in a proper way. One would actually want one of them at least speak out to Hye Jun in a proper way like an elder, like the restaurant owner did while offering him take care of/run the restaurant for him. But all we see is the blame game and they ranting Hye Jun without even one of them trying to support him, except for his grand father. This was evident in episode when the father was rather relived than try to sympathize with Hye Jun when he told him about not getting a role. One does really expect his family to support him and Hye Jun is short of it at the receiving end.

Hae Hyo's mother is as I said extra-supportive, buying followers for him too. I really see Hae Hyo breaking down, when he'll come to know that all the fame, ads, followers, and offers he got were not actually because of his talent, looks or hard work (which actually were, but partially). I actually look forward to that scene and see how he'll cope up with it. Because I think it won't be easy for him to suddenly accept that all those fans he thought followed him online were not really his actual followers (some/most of them of course). We might even see him wanting a fan like Jeong Ha and being slightly jealous of Hye Jun for having a fan like that. But I really hope that there will not be a love triangle. I'd rather see all three trying to survive in the industry and follow their dreams, all while sticking together and supporting each other (maybe it is too much to ask for).

But I actually like Hae Hyo's character right now. He is famous, but looks out for a friend who started out with him, but was left behind in the race they started. He is not your usual rich family brat and it is refreshing to see a him try to support Hye Jun while putting the condition of it being with Hye Jun on his photo shoot. I like Jeong Ha and Hye Jun's straightforward personality too and Hye Jun's casual and social personality was very well portrayed in the 2 episodes. You can also feel the chemistry between them, so I look forward to them dating each other.

Looking forward to next week's episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Who can't get over these scenes because it really caused me to cry so much. 

I never imagined how beautiful and excellent these scenes were. Ahh,  Bogum and Haraboji made moving scenes here. I'm in awe. 

We all know puppy Bogum. I love him so much in Encounter and here playing as Hye Joon , he is bold and brave and fierce.

When he said "then, (pausing) don't tell me what to do with my life." - my heart beat faster and I realized this is a different acting prowess this actor has. This man deserves an acting award. 

:approves:

Spoiler

IMG-20200909-104918.jpg

IMG-20200909-105005.jpg

IMG-20200909-105026.jpg

IMG-20200909-105057.jpg

About that "old door" wc I happened to read in Twitter dubbed as "the door of pain" / the door of sadness / the door of comparison. 

Actually I really had a "moment" for this confrontation scene but it became so hilarious when the door got separated with it's jamb :D and Sa Min Gi is just so on point in acting. 

These dialogues are very powerful :

"You installed a new door for his bright future... but do you want us to live a shabby life with this shabby door? " "If you were fixing his door, you should have fixed both doors".

Spoiler

IMG-20200909-110421.jpg

IMG-20200909-110446.jpg

IMG-20200909-110457.jpg

IMG-20200909-110511.jpg

IMG-20200909-110525.jpg

IMG-20200909-110537.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20200909-110537.jpg

IMG-20200909-110553.jpg

IMG-20200909-110608.jpg

IMG-20200909-111011.jpg

IMG-20200909-111001.jpg

To our new chinguedeul here, a very heartwarming ROYWELCOME to the thread. @ㅋㅋㅋ, @touchthesky99, @rahma92, @Nodame, @ponderings, @ainipang, @rukizie, @Badette Aguilar, @backstreetboysfan@MrEildriz, @Latte_Anyday, @uglypearl @YongZura⁷ 

and to dear @autumnightvery reliable chingu, thank you for your screencaps and @MinLynfor always translating and relaying us the whole episode in words. To our dear @gumtaekfor serving us every single NAVER article. You are our BOGUM ILBO/DAILY in our BOGUMMY thread and here also in ROY, to @rahma92 who gets active again, we miss you chingu,  to @BogumNoona who is like a mom of Bogum,  as I observed it,  to @Springmaidenwho shares her insights every now and then, to @Jillia our very active moderator and encouraged us during doubt times,  to @Sodamssi and @Nur Nuri who love PSD so much,  to @DreamCatcher2011 for creating this thread. THANK YOU ALL.

Let's make our stay on this thread warm and happy like the spirit of our Hye Joon, Jeong Ha and Hae Hyo. 

:fullofhearts:

To MORE SUCCESS OF RECORD OF YOUTH in the future weeks. 

:issohappy:

PS: This is not my thesis thank you message/acknowledgement. :D LOL. I just appreciate you all. 

:heartxoxo:

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

News article from SCMP

Screenshot-20200909-122109.jpg

IMG-20200909-121624.jpg

A new K-drama is on our screens and initial reviews are promising. Record of Youth premiered on Netflix on September 7 – and we’re already converted. Here are five reasons to tune in.

Spoiler

IMG-20200909-122241.jpg

The drama stars Park Bo-gum, who we last saw in a striking cameo appearance in Itaewon Class. In Record of Youth, he plays the role of Sa Hye-joon, a wannabe movie star who tries to make his break by first becoming a model.

Spoiler

IMG-20200909-122408.jpg

The lead actress is Park So-dam, who played the popular role of Jessica, the pseudo art tutor, in the 2019 hit film Parasite. She plays Ahn Jung-ha, a make-up artist, in Record of Youth and a long-time fan of Bo-gum’s character. In fact, “fangirling” is what keeps her motivated to strive more in her career.

Spoiler

While spot on fashion and beauty looks have been quite the norm in Korean dramas, it’s been a while since we’ve seen one that’s actually focused on the star-making industry. And with faces to look at like Park Bo-gum’s and Park So-dam’s, as well as second lead actor Byun Woo-seok, we’ll be looking forward to all the looks they’ll be wearing and how they will traverse the glamorous life.

Spoiler

IMG-20200909-122509.jpg

Record of Youth also introduces Byun Woo-seok – a rising actor who seems to be the newbie heartthrob to watch out for. Byun plays the role of Won Hae-hyo, a model who dreams of becoming an actor – just like his best friend Sa Hye-joon. Guess what? In real life, Byun is also an up-and-coming actor who entered the industry as a model. He has appeared in numerous fashion shows and editorials.

Will they, won’t they …?

Spoiler

The trailer clips reveal that Sa Hye-joon and Ahn Jung-ha end up meeting each other because they work in the same industry. From a top model-and-fan relationship, they end up becoming friends and each other’s support system. We‘re definitely curious as to how they may or may not end up together in the process.

It’s not all glitter and glam – expect a realistic picture of working in a cutthroat industry

Spoiler

Sa Hye-joon, who has to work multiple jobs, says in the trailer: “For my friends, dreams are something that protect them. But for me, dreams are like homework that costs a lot of money. And I don’t have much time left.” While struggling to make a name for himself in the acting world, Sa is inevitably compared to his best friend, Won. His family also isn’t convinced that he can make it as an actor, and to top it all off, he gets an unexpected call to serve in the military.

Spoiler

Ahn Jung-ha, meanwhile, has left her job at a big company to start her career as a make-up artist. However, in a tough industry like hers, she meets colleagues who aren’t too keen about her success. Still, Ahn stays confident and firm in following her path.

https://amp.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3100724/netflixs-new-k-drama-record-youth-starring-park-bo-gum

@Sakurafairythanks for your warm words;  for BOGUMMY I will do everything in my power,  that's how I love him. I'll try to be more active. :wub:

To all who newly joined the thread discussions of ROY, I am welcoming you ALL from the bottom of BOGUM's heart who is serving his military responsibility to SoKor and mine who loves Bogum so much. God bless! 

:kisslevel:

• Like 4
  • Love 3