[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

hiqwUu6.jpg

Source : tvN

Text Preview for Ep 3 of Record of Youth...

Hye-Joon, who met up with Jung-Ha, also had a video call with his grandpa...

Jung-Ha met with a senior model who came to her beauty salon...

In the meanwhile, Min-Jae received a call from the film company...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

RecordofYouth Official IG

Ehd6o19UMAEUA_4?format=jpg&name=medium

Ehd6o17U8AIxKNV?format=jpg&name=medium

Haha, @Sakurafairy! What a great responsibility to be granted such a title! 

I really appreciate all the posts saying the drama resonates with each one. Would love to share my thoughts about it but I am busy doing a "cross camping" on Naver, Twitter and here in Soompi.:lol: Multi-tasking constraints. Hope to do so in the coming days.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and I’m glad to be here. I have enjoyed reading comments, thoughts and other posts from everyone too.

I’m so happy to see that the show is doing well in ratings. And hope that it continues to do well and go higher in the coming weeks. The cast and production team are doing a really great job. I’m so engaged with this show and I can’t wait for the next stage to unfold. It might be too early to say but I love everything about this show already - from the cast to the music and storyline with the family dynamics and friendship. It has the perfect mixture of heart, angst, charm and humor that I’m looking for. I would usually know from the first week how much I would like watching and I have never been as excited as I am about this. I look forward to watching and talking about it with you all. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Thanks again for more of the warm welcomes! Awww feeling the love!

I couldn't watch ep 2 still last night so hope TONIGHT I can due to lack of subs. I prob could watch it and get the jist but being lazy to rewatch again as real life I don't have the luxury to rewatch episodes.

I found this cute tvN video of our OTP asked to interview "in character' . Sorry no subs available but so cute.

I liked how they did it. PSD had a bit more trouble than Bo Gum though. Still they kept it up very well overall "in character".

• Love 5

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/09/09/first-impression-record-of-youth/

First Impression: Record of Youth

record-of-youth-park-bogum-park-sodam-2.

An Jeong-ha (Park So-dam) has a line that sums up what I felt while watching Record of Youth’s premiere week: “It was exciting. It was unfair. It was surprising. It was touching. And it got real.”

It was exciting.

Record of Youth opened with an intense scene featuring Sa Hye-jun (Park Bo-gum). It turns out it was an audition for a movie, which was used later on as his character arc’s turning point in this introductory episode. He is a very principled man who doesn’t want to compensate any of his beliefs just so he could get what he wants. He is a struggling wannabe actor. This is harsh but it is his reality. And he is perfectly aware of it. He doesn’t accept sponsorship because even though it was “how it goes” in his industry, he firmly believes in fighting for his dreams in a fair and just manner. The only support he would have wanted to have was from his family. But they don’t believe in him. Which is unfair.

It was unfair.

It was really unfair to watch hardworking people like An Jeong-ha get humiliated because of someone’s inferiority complex (and it happened in front of her celebrity crush!). Good thing, Jeong-ha isn’t a pushover. She knows when to back down and when to speak for herself. Her mindset about life is a bit more grounded that Hye-jun. And this is what I like about her the most. She seems to have that balance of dreaming big and knowing her reality. Her #lifegoal of wanting stability in her life resonated with me. And so far, my favorite line from her is this: “If you don’t like me, then don’t like me. Everyone has a RickRoll'D side. You’re not the only one with that.” Actually, I like most of her lines. It was probably because Record of Youth is trying to capture the growing pains of young adults and that’s like my Achilles heel for K-dramas.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

23 hours ago, MinLyn said:

A big welcome to the ROY drama thread, @ㅋㅋㅋ, @touchthesky99, @rahma92, @Nodame, @ponderings, @ainipang, @rukizie, @Badette Aguilar, @backstreetboysfan@MrEildriz, @Latte_Anyday, @uglypearl @YongZura⁷ and not forgetting, @autumnight for all your screencaps! , 

Hi there, @H0ney! Great to see you here too! Welcome to the Happy ROY family! 

22 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Who can't get over these scenes because it really caused me to cry so much.

I never imagined how beautiful and excellent these scenes were. Ahh,  Bogum and Haraboji made moving scenes here. I'm in awe. 

We all know puppy Bogum. I love him so much in Encounter and here playing as Hye Joon , he is bold and brave and fierce.

When he said "then, (pausing) don't tell me what to do with my life." - my heart beat faster and I realized this is a different acting prowess this actor has. This man deserves an acting award.

Reveal hidden contents

About that "old door" wc I happened to read in Twitter dubbed as "the door of pain" / the door of sadness / the door of comparison. 

Actually I really had a "moment" for this confrontation scene but it became so hilarious when the door got separated with it's jamb  and Sa Min Gi is just so on point in acting. 

These dialogues are very powerful :

"You installed a new door for his bright future... but do you want us to live a shabby life with this shabby door? " "If you were fixing his door, you should have fixed both doors".

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

To our new chinguedeul here, a very heartwarming ROYWELCOME to the thread. @ㅋㅋㅋ, @touchthesky99, @rahma92, @Nodame, @ponderings, @ainipang, @rukizie, @Badette Aguilar, @backstreetboysfan@MrEildriz, @Latte_Anyday, @uglypearl @YongZura⁷ 

and to dear @autumnightvery reliable chingu, thank you for your screencaps and @MinLynfor always translating and relaying us the whole episode in words. To our dear @gumtaekfor serving us every single NAVER article. You are our BOGUM ILBO/DAILY in our BOGUMMY thread and here also in ROY, to @rahma92 who gets active again, we miss you chingu,  to @BogumNoona who is like a mom of Bogum,  as I observed it,  to @Springmaidenwho shares her insights every now and then, to @Jillia our very active moderator and encouraged us during doubt times,  to @Sodamssi and @Nur Nuri who love PSD so much,  to @DreamCatcher2011 for creating this thread. THANK YOU ALL.

Let's make our stay on this thread warm and happy like the spirit of our Hye Joon, Jeong Ha and Hae Hyo. 

To MORE SUCCESS OF RECORD OF YOUTH in the future weeks. 

PS: This is not my thesis thank you message/acknowledgement.  LOL. I just appreciate you all. 

Thanks for all the warm welcome and to anyone I missed thank-you as well :).

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

OST GO by Seungkwan of Seventeen. 

Try to listen because the melody is so good and the lyrics convey so much healing and encouragement. 

2020-09-10-13-21-33.jpg

"Wherever you go it's your stage. Whatever you feel it will shine brighter. Just remember that you've always been waiting for that day." 

Chase your dream,  uri Hye Joon and Jeong Ha and to all those who have given up their dreams of becoming something. Don't give up.:wub:

:wow1:

• Love 3