[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

BOGUMMY takes my breath away. 

IMG-20200908-162722.jpg

IMG-20200908-164244.jpg

cto

That long legs. :wub:

52 minutes ago, autumnight said:

True True @Jillia or sometimes we're told that she's good at something or working hard on something, but never actually see it in the drama...

We had an intense confrontation with the family where Hae Jun revealed that he failed the audition...

Hide contents

And then the grandpa bang the door and it collapsed...

And I laughed like a mad man

And then they end the scene with another emotional scene

I love this drama so far

This episode has full of conflicts.

Ouchy for Hyejoon. He had suffered punches yesterday,  humiliation from the agency owner.

Ahhh,  good thing Haraboji is always here for him. That door, I'm so pissed-off. 

PS: Have you noticed Homme Jung designer has feeling for Hye Jun?  Ohmy G, another conflict. Loving the story. I LOVE IT. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@autumnight

I also enjoy slow-building romances as well. :D

I love this kind of relationship, slowly-slowly... 

Btw, 

Uri BOGUMMY is really a BTS fanboy so no wonder he chose their song TOMORROW! The lyrics really resonate Hye Joon's aspirations. 

Spoiler

LYRICS OF THE SONG IN ENGLISH :

Same day, same moon
24/7 every moment repeats
My life is in between
Jobless twenty-somethings are afraid of tomorrow
It's funny, you think anything
Is possible when you're a kid
When you feel how hard it is to get through a day
Keep feeling like the
"Control" beat, keep downloading it
Every single day is a repetition of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

I have a long way to go but
Why am I running in place?
I scream out of frustration
But the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will
Be different from today
I'm just wishing

Follow your dream like breaker
Even if it breaks down, oh better
Even if it breaks down
Don't ever run backwards, never

Because the dawn right before
The sun rises is the darkest
Even in the far future
Never forget the you of right now
Wherever you are right now
You're just taking a break
Don't give up, you know

Don't get too far away, tomorrow
Don't get far away, tomorrow

The tomorrow we've been waitingtomorrow

omes the name of yesterday at some point
Tomorrow becomes today, today becomes yesterday
Tomorrow becomes yesterday and is behind me
Life isn't about living along but living through
As you live through, you'll disappear some day
If you keep spacing out, you'll be swept away
If you ain't no got the guts, trust
It'll all become yesterday
Anyway so what's the use?
I wanted to become happy and strong
But why am I getting weaker?
Where am I going? I'm going here and
There but I always come back here
Yeah, I'll probably flow somewhere
Is there an end to this maze?

I have a long way to go but
Why am I running in place?
I scream out of frustration
But the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will
Be different from today
I'm just wishing

Even if it breaks down

Even in the far future
Don't give up, you know

Tomorrow, keep walking,
We're too young to stop
Tomorrow, open the door
We see too much to shut the door
When the dark night passes,
A bright morning will come
When tomorrow comes
The bright light will shine so don't worry
This isn't a stop but just
A pause in your life for a break
Turn up your thumbs and press play
So everyone can see

Even if it breaks down

Even in the far future
Don't give up, you know

Don't get far away, tomorrow
Don't get too far away, tomorrowhttps://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bangtanboys/tomorrow.html

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Brief translation of the conversations between the designer, Homme Jung & Hye-Joon...

Spoiler

Flashback of the past...

Apparently, they both met a couple of years back and Homme Jung has come to develop deep feelings for Hye-Joon so he proposes to Hye-Joon that to start off a career in the entertainment industry it is important to have a sponsor and that is exactly what he wants to do for Hye-Joon and render him with all the financial support and backing he needs. Hye-Joon tries to tell the latter that he only respects him as a seonsaengnim

in the industry but the latter claims that respect can be part of love too...

Hye-Joon turns him down adamantly and tells him that he would not agree to such a transaction in return for the latter's financial support. The latter tries to tell Hye-Joon that he has set his eyes on him since he first met him. Hye-Joon flatly turns down his offer and the latter refutes that since he has already set his sights on him, he won't stop so Hye-Joon tells him that he really does not want to hurt him...

Back to the present now...

Homme Jung advances towards Hye-Joon causing him to retreat further..So Homme Jung remaks that Hye-Joon is still as cold as before but that;s also his charm...He asks if Hye-joon needs money so the latter replies that of course, money is something which we will always need. Homme Jung then tells Hye-Joon that of only he had paid heed to his advice 5 years back then...then he wouldn't be in this plight...Hye Joon tellls him firmly that he does not dislike the person he is right now...although he can't claim that he also likes the person he is now too...

Homme Jung offers to be Hye-Joon's agent and tells Hye-Joon that if he wants to become an actor, he will sponsor him until he becomes an accomplished actor. Hye-Joon once again turns down his offer of sponsorship and apologises to him. So Homme Jung tells Hye-Joon that this will be the last time and he will give Hye-Joon one week to think it over...

My thoughts...

I like how resolute, determined and steadfast our Hye-Joon is in these scenes as he stands firm to what he believes in and not losing sight of himself...:wow1:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Park SoDamssi parts in the interview. English subbed now. 

To all unnies and oppas here I must say like my pretty Jeongha - Why Hye Joon is so Handsome? My heart gets beat faster whenever JH and HJ have interactions. Thanks God for this wonderful pairing. Thanks to Bogum he picked and chose this drama. The two of them really looks good together. I think your Bogum wins my heart at this time,  I start to like him. He is like Sodam, humble person. 

@rahma92thank you for remembering Sodamssi birthday. I hope she happily celebrates her birthday today although the fan club sent their birthday gift days ago. I hope the ratings today will be higher. It will be a good gift for her. :wub:

Thank you so much everyone for updating. Thank you all for contributing to this thread. 

:foryou:

1 hour ago, autumnight said:

I also like that they're showing the female lead has a life and dream of her own...

Jung Ha working on her youtube video

That's what I love most here. Jeongha has her own dreams to fulfill. She isn't the type that will be swayed by just senior's fierceness in the workplace or the love calls. She is focus on what she needs to achieve but I can see also in her that she needs someone to depend on to even if it's surreal like how HJ photos give her so much power. Although my girl is brave,  she is still a girl in heart and that's what I love it. You need to balance everything in this world. In one way or another we also have like that way of life like Jeongha. 

• Love 4

Brief synopsis of Ep 2...

Spoiler

Hae-Hyo has gotten the role in the movie having gone for the auditions together with Hye-Joon but he doesn't seem too excited that he has clinched the role in the movie as he knew that Hey-Joon is likely to be disappointed that he wasn't successful in the audition. Yeah, I'm loving the close friendship between our male leads...

Moving onto the scene between Hye-Joon and Jung-Ha wherein Hey-Joon remarks that Jung-Ha must have been nervous seeing Hae-Hyo for the first time and said that there was also skinship involved since she has touched him earlier while applying make-up for him. Jung-Ha tells Hey-Joon that that cannot be considered as direct contact. She admitted that she was feeling very nervous actually she was already feeling this way since last night. Hye-Joon tells her that she has made the right choice as Hae-hyo is a really good person. Hye-Joon then asks Jung-Ha how old she is and the latter replies that they are the same age, 26 years old. Hye-Joon then comments that it's no wonder he feels like he is friends with her already becos they are of the same age so he suggests they should speak causally with each other. 

Jung-Ha asks Hye-Joon why he is here and if he is looking for her. Hye-Joon tells her that what has happened earlier was unfair as Jung-Ha did not even steal her (referring to the make-up artist's) customer and Hye-Joon shares with Jung-Ha that he knows exactly how she must be feeling..

He asks Jung-Ha why did she use the picture of both of them as her cell phone wallpaper cos it's kinda confusing. Hye-Joon then takes his leave and Jung-Ha is thinking aloud to herself that she now knows why she likes Hye-Joon among all the stars because he is someone who is special and he is able to relate well with people...

• Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Continuation of the scene in the dressing room...

Spoiler

Both Hye-Joon and Hae-Hyo are commenting on the number of photographs their friend, Jin-U has taken of them while they were doing their walk on the runway. These 3 bosom friends have known one another since elementary school and Hye-Joon and JIn-U also attended the same kindergarten together.

Hey-Joon is speaking to Jung-Ha in a casual tone so the latter asks why he is talking to her casually. Hye-Joon then replies that it's because they are friends now. So Hye-Hyo's and Hae-Hyo's mutual friend also jumps forward to introduce himself as Kim Jin-U and asks Jung-Ha what her name is. So she tells him that she is called An Jung-Ha and Hae-Hyo remarks that her she has a funny name cos her name kinda resembles the word, stable so he teases her if she wants to become more stable and the latter also tells Hae-Hyo that Won hae-Hyo is also a funny name to her too...

The way Jung-Ha puts it across is like a matter of fact so it causes the guys to burst out laughing. Jin-U even tells Jung-Ha that she is like one of them and they can become fast friends. Jin-U then extends his hand out for a handshake with Jung-Ha as an affirmation to their newfound friend. He also suggests that they should have a meal together to welcome their new friend to join them.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Continuation of Ep 2 synopsis...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon has received the enlistment notice to join the military. Hye-Joon's dad has injured his shoulder again while he is at work so he goes home to take a rest. Hye-Joon's dad doesn't want to go to the hospital as he knows it is likely to incur greater costs and their finances are pretty tight already so he just applies pain relief patches on his injured shoulder. He remarks that no one seems to understand him that he feels that one must start off on the right footing because if you were to start off on the wrong footing, you will be down on luck for your entire life. He doesn't want to become a burden to his family too so he would rather bear with the pain than go to the hospital to seek treatment there. 

Hye-Joon returns to the dressing room and asks Jung-Ha why she is still around and where everyone is so the latter replies that she still has some work to clear. Hye-joon then asks her why didn't she tell them earlier so Jung-ha replies that she doesn't want to spoil the mood and adds that she is just a nobody. So Hye-Joon tells her firmly that she certainly is not one...

Hye-Joon asks if she is going to return to the salon but Jung-Ha says that she does free make-up for people on the streets whenever she has some spare time. Hye-joon then remarks that she is really hardworking...just like his fans. So Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that his fans are really good too. Hye-Joon then remarks that since she readily agrees with what he says, she must be Hae-Hyo's fan. Jung-Ha then asks Hye-Joon isn't it difficult to maintain a long term friendship with someone he has known since elementary school so Hye-Joon is shocked that Jung-Ha knows that he and Hae-Hyo had been friends since elementary school. Hye-Joon is curious to know if Jung-Ha knows anything about him since she happens to be Hae-Hyo's fan. The latter keeps mum so Hye-Joon comments that she is keeping quiet cos he is just a nobody too...

Upon hearing this, Jung-Ha turns around and says aloud that that's not true! Hye-Joon is shocked and asks Jung-Ha why she is raising her voice almost making him seem like he really is a nobody...Of which, Jung-Ha speaks softly and says she has no idea why she raised her voice earlier too. Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that he shouldn't be saying such things to put himself down and think lowly of himself so she raised her voice to show her strong disapproval about it...Hye-Joon then reminds Jun-Ha that she was the one who said that she was a nobody earlier so he is just trying to tell her that she isn't one then it wouldn't make her feel bad about it...

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

The next scene...

Spoiler

As Jung-Ha and Hye-Joon are going to part ways, Hye-Joon offers to help Jung-Ha carry her bag to the bus stop as the bag is pretty heavy but the latter assures him that it's okay as she is used to carrying them. Hye-Joon then remarks that she seems very independent so Jung-Ha tells her that she can only rely on herself and no one else. Hye-Joon is surprised to hear her words as he thought that since she is Hae-Hyo's fan, she is also probably living her life comfortably just like him. He adds that people are usually attracted to someone who is similar to them. Cos he is like that too. Hye Joon then tells Jung-Ha that he will see her later....

Jung-Ha then adds that there is no such thing as later as people often say these words out of formality only...implying that they don't mean what they say...

Hye-Joon then asks Jung-Ha to pass him her cell phone. Jung-Ha tells Hye-joon to drop by at her salon as she would give him a discount. Hye-Joon then remarks that she is such a cool fan cos fans usually just follow their idols around. Jung-Ha then replies that she will need to have a stable life first then she can think about showing her support for others. Hye-Joon asks her is that how she got her name then... Jung-Ha then tells him that she has never been gotten the chance to decide on the things she wants in her life. Seeing that she is always quick to comment on everything he says, Hye-Joon then remarks that Jung-Ha seems to like winning...The latter then explains that it's because she is always losing...

Hye-Joon then asks if she is venting out her frustrations on him because they are just mere strangers. Jung-ha then remarks that he is really an honest person of which Hye-Joon tells her that he is someone who likes to speak directly...

Jung-Ha thinks aloud to herself that Hye-Joon is not what she has imagined him to be...as she continues to look at him...causing the latter to ask why she is staring at him.  Jung-Ha tells him that she will continue to stare at him until he takes his leave. Of which, Hye-Joon tells her that he will go now since her stare is making him feel somewhat uneasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The next scene...

Spoiler

Hae-Hyo's mom still blames her husband for sending Hae-Hyo to a public elementary school instead of a private school so that's how Hae-Hyo became best friends with Hye-Joon cos they have known each other since elementary school. She doesn't like the fact that Hae-Hyo is good friends with a housekeeper's son and tells her husband that Hye-Joon is likely to be a stumbling block in Hae-Hyo's life.

Jung-Ha is excited that she had met Hye-Joon for the first time and had gotten a chance to talk to him. It feels like a perfect day to her...filled with excitement and touching moments in spite of the unfairness she had encountered earlier...

Hye-Joon is being reprimanded by both his dad and older brother for harbouring the dream of becoming an actor as he has failed to get a role in the movie audition. His brother rebuked him saying that even though Hye-joon has worked for 7 years as a model, he is still unable to accumulate much savings and even if he were to walk on the streets, would anyone be able to recognise him as a top model. He tells Hye-Joon that since they are from a poor family, he should just join the military like him and not become a burden to the family. He adds that though they are family, they can't help him to resolve all the problems. Hye-joon then refutes that he has been supporting himself all these years whilst his brother was studying in the university.

Hye-Joon tells him that he is already having a tough time while working outside and at home, they (his dad & bro) are making it much harder for him too. Having failed the audition, he just wants to hear some words of comfort and encouragement when he returns home but all he has heard from them are their endless criticisms of him.

Grandpa then pulls Hye-Joon into the room and tells them not to rebuke him anymore.

Inside the room, Grandoa asks Hye-Joon to help him to look for a job because he has a wider network of contacts and knows more people. He also wants to earn some money so that Hye-Joon's dad can seek treatment at the hospital instead of just applying the pain relief patches on his injured shoulder. He knows that Hye-Joon's dad doesn't want to seek treatment at the hospital because he wants to save money.

Yeah, this scene caused me to tear too as both Hye-Joon and Grandpa break down into tears too as they hugged each other...

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

I fell in love with this drama and the story is what I was expecting and it hit my expectations. 

This is for the dreamers who have been grinding and have been told that they make it and be successful. I'm rooting for Hye Jun who's on the pathway to becoming a humble actor. I'm rooting for Ahn Jeong Ha who speaks her mind and is honest. She doesn't believe in the positive, motivating RickRoll'D and she cries when she wants to. She feels all her feelings and is able to connect with people. She has a day time job but she also makes videos of doing makeup for free. I'm rooting for her. I'm rooting for both of them! 

Also, I love the family bickering in Hye Jun's household. I love it because it shows that this family is imperfect. We have a father who doesn't want to be a burden to his sons, but he clearly favorites the son who studied hard and has a stable job over Hye Jun who has been working hard for all these years in becoming an actor. 

I'm so glad I finally found a drama that speaks to me on another level. It gives me so much motivation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

The last scene...

Spoiler

Through her contact, Daniel, MIn-Jae manages to get Hye-Joon to be a runway model for a fashion show in Milan. She even makes up a strory about forming her own modelling agency called Jjampong.  Hey-Joon tells Min-Jae that since he didn't get the role in the movie audition, it's only logical that he should join the military instead. Hye-Joon shared that the role has gone to Hae-Hyo instead. Min-Jae remarks that though Hae-Hyo has been doing great all along, Hye-Joon is the one who is able to move people's hearts just like he has moved hers.

Hye-Joon recommends Hae-Hyo to go to Jung-Ha's salon. He tells the director of the salon that he is a friend of Jung-Ha so Hae-Hyo is quick to add on that Hye-Joon's friend is also his friend too...

They approach Jung-Ha and Hye-joon tells Jung-Ha that she would give them a discount if they patronise her salon. Hae-Hyo then remarks that the two seem to be pretty close to each other and asks if they had already known each other even before the fashion show.  Hye-Joon then tells Hae-Hyo is because Jung-Ha is really friendly and that she is a fan of his. Hae-Hyo is pleasantly surprised to hear this and asks Hye-Joon why is it he didn't tell him earlier. He then asks Jung-Ha if she is really his fan...and Jung-Ha replies no but Hye-Joon motions for Jung-Ha to tell Hae-Hyo about her being his fan and all. Jung-Ha then gently chides Hye-Hyo for being a blabbermouth...Of which, Hye-Joon remarks that Jung-Ha is being too harsh with her words and asks her if they share such a close relationship for her to make such comments about him. Jung-Ha then quickly apologises to Hye-Joon feeling somewhat unnerved. Hae-Hyo knows better and tells Hye-joon not to tease her anymore by pulling a such a serious face as she looks rather perturbed. Hye-Joon then lets laughs aloud and asks Hae-Hyo if his acting skills has improved and turns to Jung-ha asking her if she was also fooled by him too.

Hye-Joon motions to Hae-Hyo that Jung-Ha will help to attend to him. Hae-Hyo tells Jung-ha that she needn't feel uncomfortable around him because she is his fan. Jung-ha then replies that she is really not his fan and asks Jung-Ha why she doesn't want to say to admit that she is his fan. Jung-ha then tells Hae-Hyo that she is Hye-joon's fan but she can't possibly tell him the truth because it would make her feel so flustered. Hae-Hyo then asks Jung-Ha that she is really funny as she has no qualms about telling him that she is Hye-Joon's fan. Jung-ha pleads with Hae-Hyo not to tell Hye-joon about it so the latter asks why he should do that. Jung-Ha then replies it's because he is Won Hae-Hyo and he is known to be a kind and warm person as is mentioned by all the models who have worked together with him. 

Hye-Joon bumps into Jung-Ha at the doorway as he asks her if she is happy to see Hae-Hyo and then he asks if she knows how to cut people's hair aside from doing make-up. He then tells her that there will be a photoshoot 2 days later and she should try to be there and beat her senior, Jin Ju at it. Cos with his help, she will not lose.

Hye-Joon learns from Min-Jae that he didn't get the role in the movie not because of his acting skills but rather he is not as popular as Hae-Hyo because he has many more followers. So the director has selected Hae-Hyo instead based on his popularity.

(But then, we know better that his mom had a hand in this...)

Hye-Joon goes to look for Jung-ha at the salon and asks if she can cut his hair for him as he will be going to the military...

Video Preview for Ep 3 of Record of Youth...

Translation as follows :-

Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha : Have you been on a date before?

Jung-ha replies : Yes, of course!

Hye-Joon's dad : Do you think I like reprimanding Hye-Joon?

Hye-Joon walks past his dad so the latter yells at him : You're not going to greet me?

Hye-joon replies : Didn't you see me too....

Grandpa tells Hye-Joon : What should I do now that you are going to join the military?? I will definitely miss you...

Hye-Joon replies : You only have to wait for another 18 months...

Hae-Hyo's mom to Hye-Joon's mom : You must be troubled now that Hye-Joon is going to join the military....and that his career is likely to end too...

Hye-Joon :  It's merely a passing phase....

Min-Jae : Never give up until you've tried everything that you can at it...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 5

Hello Everyone!

Saw the premiere last night after talking to my korean friend ( I forgot it was premiere day due to being a holiday weekend in the USA.) 

So DEFINITELY on board with our OTP.

@ponderings Wave hello my friend!

I did not read alot of the pages before episode two. But a thousand thanks for @MinLyn for the thoughtful and thorough recaps. OMG  you are too kind. I have tried my hand at recapping and not being fluent Korean made it harder. So many thanks as I read this while at work. You are an angel.

@Jillia and others I recognize, hello! Thanks for the goodies and videos too.

The longer videos of ep 2 clips.

-Love that our OTP are getting to know each other well and comfortably.

Both working hard with their lives and trying to deal with the daily grind.

-I love the colleague being Hye Jun's manager and hooking him up with the gig in Milan.

Also her tellng him it was the lack of SNS followers he did not get the role not his acting. As mentioned before we know it is also majorly due to Hae Hyo's mom.

-Hye Jun's relationship with his grandpa is tops . Funny how the door fell down after grandpa slammed it. The drama with family and yes it is VERY realistic. The reality of paying bills and choosing something you love but pays pittance and is a constant struggle.

Jung Ha being cute pretending to NOT be Hye Jun's fan. Their interactions are not contrived and cute. (Reminds me of Joon Young and Seung Ah in -Do you like brahms? -In the sense both get each other well and are very natural together.)

Hye Jun avoiding the gay designer. There was a whiff as we knew when he had no COMPLAINTS on Hye Jun's walk and the assistant had to remind the designer to WIPE HIS DROOLING tongue up from the floor to remember to critique the others after Hye Jun's "perfect" walk. So his trying to get Hye Jun alone and seduce is not a surprise. But interesting this drama went there. tvN definitely is the pioneer with very different and interesting story plots/twists that you don't see in other dramas. Thanks Park Bo Gum for this gift before going to the military. Loving he is looking so handsome as he models. His puppy dewy eyes that are so caring and emotional so when he is teary he is just so handsome. 

I cannot wait to watch the whole episode tonight but appreciate the very detailed RECAP. I am grateful for ANY in any format or in any kind as I know it is hard work. So blessed and grateful. Looking forward to this forum and this new drama in my drama rotation-what a welcome addition.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1