[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

29 minutes ago, blinkwy said:

Secret (Love) Affair is one to watch if you haven't already, it was the one that got me hooked on KHA, she's amazing :)

Thank you, I will watch this on Netflix between episodes of The World of The Married :)

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blinkwy said:

Secret (Love) Affair is one to watch if you haven't already, it was the one that got me hooked on KHA, she's amazing :)

56 minutes ago, poppie said:

Thank you, I will watch this on Netflix between episodes of The World of The Married :)

Secret Love Affair is one of those dramas worth re-watching. I even cannot count how many times I've enjoyed that show. It's a really good embodiment of pure love.

This is the look of someone who will eventually support our heroine's cause and turn on her boss because she's tired of his philandering ways :phew: ...waiting for it...if not, what is her problem?!?! :blink: ...back to waiting for it... :phew:

assistant.png

https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=2_1&area=00&begin_date=20200410

Ratings

In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 27, 2020 6.260% 6.786%
2 March 28, 2020 9.979% 11.023%
3 April 3, 2020 11.882% 14.016%
4 April 4, 2020 13.979% 16.261%
5 April 10, 2020 14.676% 16.118%
6 April 11, 2020    
7 April 17, 2020

——

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393663wpp/the-world-of-the-married-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

“The World Of The Married” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

Apr 10, 2020
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “The World of the Married” continues to reach new highs with each new episode!

On April 10, the fifth episode of “The World of the Married” achieved the drama’s highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the broadcast scored an average nationwide rating of 14.7 percent, marking a new personal record for the drama.

SBS’s “Hyena” remained relatively steady with average nationwide ratings of 11.1 percent and 12.1 percent for its two parts, while Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon” scored an average rating of 0.7 percent for the night.

Source (1)

1 hour ago, alexaze said:

That was the most awkward house visit ever :joy:

:lol: agree. I was shocked. I hope this would not turn out a wrong move/reckless/brainless move of hers. Recall when Dr. Ma (the one who is forced resignation) said one wrong move ruined everything in his life. SunWoo has suffered hyperventilation. Poor her. My heart breaks everytime she's on screen.

This drama is my drug rn ha-ha. Watchin' Sun Woo create chaos at Da Kyung's home was SO SATISFYING. OMG. I was so sick of her mom LoL & her accent is that how elite ahjummas sound!? Guess you better get ready to be a Grandma now.. Da Kyung still thinks she's a saint throughout all this tsk. And yea sureeee~ it's fine for Tae Oh to cheat but not Sun Woo!? What's with the double standards!?

And oof. Jae Hyuk went down in flames too eheheh.. his wife playin' coy in front of Sun Woo hpmph.

With so many crazies surrounding Sun Woo, I think she should recruit Team Rugal for added security plus the guys are way hotter than Tae Oh ( who btw looks really rough)  

It looks almost like a makjang, but it is still somewhat realistic... that must be a first for kdrama...

Strangely I do not hate Da Kyung that much, I rather pity her. Look, it takes two to tango, but only the woman carries the real consequences. She has to raise the dude's baby, will be seen as a dirty woman and might get disowned by her parents. You definitely see that she is in some sort of emotional conundrum. Tae Oh on the other hand... All his friends and even his kid know about it. There is not much to lose...

I also think the two crazy dudes are good additions, they bring a sort of frustration and angst to the show, but their roles keep the show thrilling.

Tae Woong Did someone call for us Team Rugal?

New Trailer is Out for “Rugal” | Kdrama Kisses

Sun Woo : Yes, I did! Watch out scumbag husband and DK! That mistress hit me :crazy: you know what to do Team Rugal! :lol:

th?id=OIF.hCNyg7S%2f1upJLiAlSCHj2w&pid=Api&P=0&w=252&h=168

The lunch/dinner scene, Kim Hee Ae is awesome! Calling a spade a spade! :w00t:

On 4/9/2020 at 10:49 PM, corey said:

Do you think it is because she is a girl? So this is even more unfair than I thought.  I thought that actors in general in South Korea are under enourmous pressure because fans believe that they "belong" to fans and are not even allowed to date because it tarnishes their image (or something). I was never able to understand it - cultural differences, I think. If you are saying then that it is ok for male actors to smoke and have tatoos, then it double sucks.

Regarding Sun woo cheating, I just thought it was not a very smart move. Nothing to do with the acceptability (or the lack of thereof) of women cheating - - well she did not do it for her peasure, did she? That was purely calculated move to blackmail the Je Hyuk. So it was a big no-no for me  - it could very easily fire back and hurt her. Which it will, I suppose, because we have still 12 hours of the drama to fill and I am certain we are in for an emotional ride.

I think SK is really strict when it comes to the public image of actors/idols that why these "vices" if you may call it maybe an undesirable thing especially with girls, I made this comparison since I know some really big actors that also have tattoos and/or smokes but they're aren't being called out? I don't condone these "activities" especially smoking since it really bad for your health, but tattoos on the other hand is quite confusing because at the same time it is an artistic expression and their bodies belong to them so they can do whatever they want with it as long as they're happy but with smoking, 2nd hand smoking is dangerous and can affect other people as much as smoking cigarettes yourself. 

When it comes to the "belong" issue with fans, I think this applies more to idols rather than actors but I do know that if that certain actor/actress is still young and really famous, they do tend to act similarly and be "possessive" of them.

Anyway, just finished watching episode 5 and damn was it intense especially the latter parts, I knew something was up the moment they didn't know they were having lunch (although it confused me, they were gonna have lunch but by the time they came out it was already dark? or were the subtitles wrong? idk), really excited to see what's next on sun-woo's plan given that the cat is already out of the box and they're now on the battlefield, thank you Lord that its just episode 6 tomorrow and still have a lot of episodes to look forward into.

3 hours ago, Broaddaylight said:

Strangely I do not hate Da Kyung that much, I rather pity her. Look, it takes two to tango, but only the woman carries the real consequences. She has to raise the dude's baby, will be seen as a dirty woman and might get disowned by her parents. You definitely see that she is in some sort of emotional conundrum. Tae Oh on the other hand... All his friends and even his kid know about it. There is not much to lose...

I agree with you on this, seems like Da Kyung is getting the most of the hate when in fact it was a mutual decision by her and Tae-Oh to have an affair, but there are still a lot of episodes left, maybe the worst has still yet to come for Tae-Oh

1 hour ago, icemaid said:

I don’t think Da Kyung got most of the hate but a fair share and deservedly so.

Agreed that she deserves it. She should know not to mess with other people's property. When they both decided to start the affair I'm sure Da'kyung already knows TO is married but she chose to believe in his lies.  Married men who dates other women tells them the same story, that they are unhappy, unsatisfied bla bla bla. 

16 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yes sister beat him up in tomorrow episode 

It is the scene I am waiting for the most. When she revealed everything to dinner he went after her and he had the shamelessness to blame it on her? Yeah, it was not comfortable to be you at that dinner but you should be man enough to accept what you did wrong.

EVR7swkWAAADyr3?format=jpg&name=large

EVR7uKIXQAAI1yX?format=jpg&name=large

If I remember corectly, the revealing dinner scene was at the end of seasion 1 (had 5 episodes). I wonder how they will make the transition to the other season. 

5 hours ago, Broaddaylight said:

It looks almost like a makjang, but it is still somewhat realistic... that must be a first for kdrama...

It is makjang but that`s the makjang I can watch. Put some realistic situations, relatable emotional struggles and I can watch. Not all makjang is bad. Most of the dramas have makjang elements.

can i ask whether da kyung really do the abortion with the baby or she keep it? 

because in dr foster they still had the baby right? and the episode 5 is ending seems the same ( the confrontation at dakyung parent house ) 

will we got a time jump too in here?

15 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

can i ask whether da kyung really do the abortion with the baby or she keep it? 

because in dr foster they still had the baby right? and the episode 5 is ending seems the same ( the confrontation at dakyung parent house ) 

will we got a time jump too in here?

I think she did not have an abortion because she has left her job and get back to her parents' home. So the storyline is similar.

For the time jump, i don't know (in addition, the korean drama has 6 additional episodes...)

4 minutes ago, poppie said:

I think she did not have an abortion because she has left her job and get back to her parents' home. So the storyline is similar.

For the time jump, i don't know (in addition, the korean drama has 6 additional episodes...)

yeah i like it because the UK story seems unfinished and the ending is bad. i guess this drama will create their own ending

Does anyone know of a live site to watch this?  Can you PM me?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

yeah i like it because the UK story seems unfinished and the ending is bad. i guess this drama will create their own ending

Got caught up on all the episodes so far.  Is this a remake ?  of another drama.

:rage: my butterfly keyboard

Archived