[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

@Sejabin he don’t have hot hair too that satisfy her  :joy: 

15855714991585571491.gif

Or don’t have abs any woman can die for but yet stick with him :D

15855717041585571695.gif

I think he selfishness , don’t have Any care about any responsibility to other , he is a user only think about himself 

15855720521585572029.gif

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cococahpi said:

@corey  @icemaid Sounds like she is being type cast as the mistress, just like Moon Hae Rang or Jo Woori.  

I had major BLWL withdrawals but getting better each day. @icemaid @corey:blush: 

@cococahpi right, HSH acting is just as awkward as MHR (Jo Woori).:sweatingbullets:

For being type cast, at least they are lucky and can get casted in supporting roles.

Glad your BLWL withdrawals are getting better. I am still thinking about a farmer and his policewoman.:lol:

Watched ep 2. That scumbag of a husband is really trash! :crazy:

And the mistress is no better, knowing jolly well the scumbag is married with a kid!:rolleyes:

She got the audacity to visit Sun Woo for a consult. Wish SW could give the mistress a tight slap!

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don’t understand why DY is asking him to leave his wife and marry her. I doubt her father will approve her choice for a husband. Pretty sure the husband knows he won’t be able to marry this girl easily, so he is just having fun with her, not intending to divorce his wife. 

I am not sure if she ever said "marry me". She just wants him for herself. 

8 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

its so beautiful too see the ladies that in the age of not young anymore and need to know themself to get this high rating just like what kim hee ae said in her interview that she always grateful for the chance to act once more. 

and by the reception of the netz and the way misty goes ( minus the ending ) i can see this drama gain 20% by the end of the airing.

I want to be hopeful, but clearly the rating must be taken into account of the overall situation of the country (Korea) and other nations in the world at this tough time. Good rating is encouraging but if it cannot reach the expectation, nothing's to be disappointed about.

Plus, I'd watched Misty, it's a fantastic work. However, I don't see any relevance to put The World of the Married and Misty on the scale and relate to one another, yet except the same genius director.

I like it how you said someone who is at the certain age range should reflect on themselves where they're standing in this harsh and demanding industry. Kim Hee Ae to me is a phenomenon who can be comparable to Meryl Streep in the States. Looking around (I don't want to offend anyone here who might be possibly their fans), there's just a handful of actress that is appreciated and highly regarded as Kim. I'm happy to see her as a main lead again.

Y'all I was so angry and upset for her when she confronted him in episode 2. The audacity of him to not only lie but then try to flip the script. I literally screamed and cursed out my laptop, lmao. I can't stand lying and him trying to gaslight her simply took me out. This drama has me pinching the bridge of nose, because I can't deal with this irrational stress. That gif is literally what was going on in my head as I watched the entire time. All these lies. However, I am firmly on board and I can't wait to watch this mess unfold. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

This is my first time watching Kim Hee-Ae and she is AMAZING.

This drama is so makjang, but in the best way. I love it.

I loved the way she found out about his cheating. It's crushing to see your husband looking lovey-dovey with his mistress, it is a whole another level of HORROR to see all your friends hang out with them, smiling, not a care in the world. GUT PUNCH.

Loved how she confronted him, only for him to DENY DENY right to her face. The GALL.

How disgusting was that little Bag of Dirty Secrets hidden in his car? Full of dirty underwear, condom wrappers? (they didn't work, I guess)

This is such a delicious show. I can't wait to see how she gets her revenge.

And I always love to see "My Ahjussi" actors. (The cheating husband played a monk. Ha ha.)

http://www.jtbcworldwide.com/script/detail.do?pgmMstSeq=418

[KOFIC profile] KIM Hee-ae 

Born in Jeju City in 1967, KIM Hee-ae was still in high school when she was discovered by an advertising agency, leading her to get her first modeling stint in 1978. Her acting debut came in 1983, when she featured in <The First Day Of The Twentieth Year>. She subsequently appeared in her first KBS drama series while she was studying at Chungang University. She was a consistent presence on TV in the 1980s, earning top honors from the MBC Drama Awards and the Baeksang Arts Awards. She worked exclusively in MBC drama series throughout the 90s, while also appearing in the drama film <The 101St Proposition> in 1993 alongside MOON Sung-geun, for which she received Best Actress nominations from both the Blue Dragon and Grand Bell Film Awards. Continuing her successful TV career, she made a much-publicized return to the big screen in LEE Han’s high school teen bullying drama <Thread of Lies> in 2014 as a grieving mother alongside KO Asung. The next year saw her appear in the music biopic <C’est Si Bon>, playing the older version of the muse who inspired the famous folk rock group Twin Folio, alongside KIM Yun-seok. She made another strong impression in 2018 when she starred in courtroom drama <Herstory> (2017) as a travel agent who takes to heart the case of wartime sex slavery victims in their legal fight against Japan. In 2019, she received top billing in the critically praised indie film <Moonlit Winter>, playing a woman travelling with her daughter to meet again her first love.

-

An article about actress Kim Hee-ae from 2015.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/why-k-drama-star-kim-hee-ae-has-stopped-following-her-husband-on-twitter-0

Why K-drama star Kim Hee Ae has stopped following her husband on Twitter

Korean actress has onscreen love affair and is happy her husband and two teenage sons do not keep track of her work

March 23, 2015

By Yip Wai Yee

69030EEB-8449-4554-BF4C-9EDC6E2B6D45.jpg

South Korean actress Kim Hee Ae starred in Secret Love Affair, one of the hottest TV shows last year, but her husband never saw it. She prefers to keep things this way, she tells Life! with a chuckle in an interview.

In the much talked-about series, which aired in South Korea in March last year, the 47-year-old played the role of a married 40-something woman who has an affair with a man in his 20s (played by Yoo Ah In).

She says in Korean via a translator: "It's actually very rare for my family to watch any of my shows and I feel more comfortable that way.

"Especially with Secret Love Affair, where I had a rather controversial role. I think it's better if my family, including my husband, doesn't exactly keep track of every single thing that I have to do for my roles. My family supports me from afar without having to watch my shows and I like it like this."

Kim, who has won acclaim for her performances in TV dramas My Husband's Woman (2007) and A Wife's Credentials (2012), is married to Lee Chan Jin, 49, a software engineer who is chief executive of Korean Internet portal DreamWiz. The couple have two sons aged 15 and 19.

She adds that her husband even asked her to stop following him on Twitter recently.

"He says he feels too stressed that I'm following his actions so closely," she says, laughing. "So I stopped following him online. He does his own thing and I do mine, and that's good."

She was in town for an event held by skincare brand SK-II, for which she is an ambassador.

Elegant and poised in a black shift dress paired with a flowery white shrug, she looked much younger than her age, something she credits to a strict diet and exercise routine.

She says: "For the past 10 years, I have gone to the gym to work out, every single day. I don't believe in overnight fad diets because I think keeping a long-term plan to keep fit is more important.

"I love good food like tteokbokki (spicy rice cake), but I will stop myself from eating too much of it. I choose to eat more nuts and cabbage, and also try to cook healthier versions of different dishes. I definitely don't have some kind of secret tip to share with you on how to look good fast."

Outside of acting, she also appeared on popular variety show Sisters Over Flowers (2013 - 2014), where she and other veteran entertainers including Yoon Yeo Jeong, 67, and Kim Ja Ok, 63, went on a 10-day backpacking trip through Europe.

That was a one-off thing, however, as she says that she has no plans to become the next variety show queen. She says: "The trip was so much fun and it didn't feel like work because it was really like a holiday with good friends.

"But I'm still first and foremost an actress. Even in 10 or 20 years, I can see myself pursuing different acting roles. I'd like to act until I can't do so anymore."

yipwy@sph.com.sg

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 30. 9:58 PM

"The World of the Married" gets groundbreaking rating of 11% only after 2 episodes

DC497CDF-A158-42E3-A292-80CE91FA0FAF.jpg

"The World of the Married" has stirred up the Korean small screen.

The Friday-Saturday drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC) with its first episode aired on March 27, drew attention as the first original TV series of JTBC Studio and as the work based on the original "Doctor Foster" - the popular series of BBC channel. Moreover, this is the reunion of actress Kim Hee Ae with JTBC after 6 years since the drama "Secret Love Affair", so the public could not help but be curious about the synergy of this collaboration and immediately choose that this will be a "feverish" work before it is even on air.

The drama revolves around the unfinished destiny because of betrayal of a married couple who always believes their feeling is true love then falls into a whirlwind of emotions. The work promises to detail the fierce world of the couple when struggling with the intense love-hate relationship and using their all to strangle each other. This process has unfolded impressively right from the beginning.

"The World of the Married" is expected to bring out a deeper content than its original and more realistic images than existing works about married life. PD Mo Wan II clearly conveyed the acting direction of the drama and emphasized, "Many films tackle the relationship of married couples but no works reveal all aspects. They only stick to stereotypes and skim over superficially without depth. I want to remake this work in Korea and show the audience really deep issues related to married life. I will dig deeper into it than the original.”

Kim Hee Ae (as Ji Seon Woo) is a woman who has a happy life in a warm, peaceful family. She is also a successful doctor and lives with her son in the affectionate love of her warm husband. However, that happy life has been broken. She raised suspicions about her husband's affair after discovering a strand of long brown hair and a cherry lipstick in his pocket. The more doubtful she is, the more suspicious things she discovers. In the end, Kim Hee Ae found out the truth. Park Hae Joon had an illicit relationship with Han So Hee (as Yeo Da Kyung). What was even more shocking than the affair was that all those who are close to Kim Hee Ae - Kim Young Min (as Son Je Hyuk), Park Sun Young (as Go Ye Rim), and Chae Gook Hee (as Seol Myung Sook) - deceived her even though they knew this fact. Everything was depicted in the drama's episode 1.

Although the production team had been concerned that the story in episode 2 would be sluggish due to the rapid plot development, that worry was completely washed away. The situation did not stop there. The drama gradually became more intense, more suspenseful with overlapping details, from the battle of wits between Kim Hee Ae and Han So Hee, the characters surrounding Kim Hee Ae, to the brazen lie of Park Hae Joon as well as the truth of Han So Hee's pregnancy. As the meaning of the drama's title "The World of the Married", the couple's true side is continuing to be revealed, thereby increasing the sense of tension as well as making the audience completely immersed in the film.

Moreover, unexpected developments have given the audience goosebumps. The drama follows a direction completely different from other works. For example, the scene in which Kim Hee Ae didn't hide that she's well aware of her husband's adultery and the betrayal of people around her, but rather shouted at Chae Gook Hee, "If you are my friend, please act like a friend." Or when learning Han So Hee's pregnancy, she intentionally disclosed this and created sophisticated nerve warfare. This is enough to arouse the audience's curiosity about the drama. Plus, the work has fresh features, thus becoming a hot topic and leading to an increase in the viewership rating. The background music also helps depict clearly mysterious situations and greatly contributes to the success of "The World of the Married".

Jung Duk Hyun, a pop culture critic, said, "First of all, the feeling that the drama conveys to viewers is very strong. The original work of this drama is almost 'irritating'. It is a story revolving around cracks forming in marriage, but if you know how to express these 'irritating' elements well and carefully, you can make a good drama. 'The World of the Married' is a fast-paced work that displays the true colors of married couples. The drama did not hesitate to reveal details and situations in a bold way. If a drama follows an available pattern and drags it to the end, then it can be boring, but 'The World of the Married' is continuously explosive with incidents while creating a series of situations. Even though the drama forces TV viewers to have an understanding of the characters' psychology and feel empathy, the directing and acting cover this part quite well. 'The World of the Married' points out aspects in detail thanks to the skillful directing, as well as fully demonstrating a complex subtle nerve warfare of a married couple through the performance of the cast including Kim Hee Ae. The couple looks like a perfect frame, but it is easy to break. So, even when conflicts occur, they will be fighting in their family, not in the outside world. Therefore, they themselves cannot avoid being "wounded all over the body". The drama implies that it is a married couple's world. Thanks to the stimulating details, fast-paced acting, and directing style, 'The World of the Married' got me a feeling that it is well handled."

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

————————

“World of the Married” Scores Top Spots on Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [4th Week of March, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from March 23 to 29 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on March 30.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 4th week of March:

1. JTBC’s “World of the Married” - 18.01% (NEW)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 4th week of March:

1. JTBC’s “World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (NEW)

3. JTBC’s “World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (NEW)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/a-world-of-married-couple-viu-philippines-a1027-20200331

'A World Of Married Couple': Our New Fave K-Drama Is Dark And Twisted

Definitely not your usual kilig drama.

by Retty Contreras 

7E0E4EA8-B47C-4F2A-894B-D10537CD9B65.jpg
PHOTO: A WORLD OF MARRIED COUPLE/JTBC

Another new K-drama is here and we’re already hooked. A World of Married Couple is one of JTBC’s newest releases, and it has already set a new record for the highest premiere ratings for the network. The show stars Kim Hee Ae (her last drama was four years ago: Second To Last Love) and Park Hae Joon (you may have last seen him in Arthdal Chronicles). They play a couple whose marriage turns a turn after Hee Ae’s character, Ji Sun Woo, suspects that her husband, Lee Tae Oh, is having an affair.

Here are some fast facts why you should watch the show on Viu Philippines.

1. The trailers are enough to get you searching for the show. It’s dark and steamy. 

Check out 00:26—do you spot a familiar face from Crash Landing On You

2. The storyline is so engaging. It's also different from the usual cute and kilig K-dramas that most of us are familiar with. During the first two episodes, you’ll keep trying to guess how everything unfolds. “Ano ba talaga problema dito?” “Sino ba yung kabit? Totoo ba?!” are questions I actually blurted out while watching the first two episodes. 

Spoiler

3. The show received R-ratings, not because of display of violence or sexual scenes, but because what the show is just too realistic. “It’s a story about a married couple and the overall setting of the drama couldn’t be dealt with lightly. The ratings weren’t given based on the violence or the sexual elements, but because the actors’ portrayal (of married life) were too realistic that the scenes seemed more tense, grave and sensational,” said the show’s producer Mo Wan Il during a press conference. 

4. The show is based on a the widely successful BBC show, Doctor Foster. You can look it up if you don’t mind seeing some spoilers, but I suggest not to so you can really enjoy this K-drama adaptation. Here's a relatively spoiler-free trailer: 

Spoiler

5. Kim Hee Ae’s character, Doctor Ji Sun Woo is pretty badass. Here’s a sneak peek at one of her early scenes at the hospital.

Spoiler

The show airs every Friday and Saturday at 10:50 PM KST—it took over the slot previously held by Itaewon Class. You can check it out every weekend on Viu Philippines! As of publishing, two episodes are currently out.

Guys, especially who is Mrs. Sun Woo fan,

My city is currently under lock-down due to the spreading of COVID-19, which doesn't mean that I will have more leisure time but more stressful time under the confinement. I only spent some decent amount of time on making this video. Enjoy the performance of our heroic woman of the month.

17 hours ago, corey said:

I think it was her at 1.24, as opposed to 1.14 when it seemes like it was not her. At 1.24 the movements of her shoulders matched the sound. Anyway, I am sure they had great fun filming this scenes, knowing what comes after LOL

I know that I always like her voice but never heard she laughing like that before, to my memory. It's so funny.

I live in Korea so I just finishing viewing the episode live and I'll just say the audacity of her husband is astonishing. I can't wait for subs so I can read SW's husband for filth like he deserves. He was doing the absolute most in this episode and I just-- the lying, the fakeness, the disrespect, but most of all the audacity has me ready to square up with 97% of that neighborhood. 

Spoiler

Really at funeral? His own mother's funeral. Both y'all deserve to have y'all Richard Simmons beat.  I just--  It's not even the side piece that irked me most though. It's his actual behavior throughout the funeral had me like tf. Do you even care that your mom died? *shaky sigh* This gif is me mentally smoking because I needs it after the b.s. I witnessed. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ihyuni said:

I live in Korea so I just finishing viewing the episode live and I'll just say the audacity of her husband is astonishing. I can't wait for subs so I can read SW's husband for filth like he deserves. He was doing the absolute most in this episode and I just-- the lying, the fakeness, the disrespect, but most of all the audacity has me ready to square up with 97% of that neighborhood. 

Reveal hidden contents

Really at funeral? His own mother's funeral. Both y'all deserve to have y'all Richard Simmons beat.  I just--  It's not even the side piece that irked me most though. It's his actual behavior throughout the funeral had me like tf. Do you even care that your mom died? *shaky sigh* This gif is me mentally smoking because I needs it after the b.s. I witnessed.

I feel you watching it. Hang in there, I will have to wait until the English sub comes out. I have a zero base in Korean. Nonetheless, according to your description, I would say I have to hold my breath whilst watching this episode. Highly likely due to his outrageous audacity, she will make herself determined to carry out the revenge. 

This drama looks like VIP but it is darker and faster in development. 

If vip needs like 12 episode to get clear picture of who his husband get affair with ( and yes the mistress also the one who give the hint about the affair ) 

This drama only need first episode to know which one. And yeah this drama.is so damn dark and everything feel so fast. Idk whether i could watch it without swearing or feel for kim hee ae character. Maybe ill wait until i can binge it because i just couldnt wait every week like vip because my brain will had so many theories just like what happen before

Archived