[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

JTBC Hit Drama 'The World of the Married' Confirmed to Air on Netflix This July!

'The World of the Married' will be on Netflix!

On June 26th, Netflix uploaded a poster for 'The World of the Married,' confirmed to air the hit series on the platform. 

1593144260143-1593144260143.png

The drama has received much love from viewers inside and outside South Korea. The last episode of the drama has made history by setting a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any drama on a Korean cable network. According to Nielsen Korea, the finale of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 28.37% nationwide and over 30% in the metropolitan area.

'The World of the Married' center its story on Ji Sunwoo (played by Kim Heeae), a medical doctor who seemingly lives a perfect life. She then starts to seek revenge on her husband Lee Taeoh (played by Park Haejoon) whom she suspects is having an affair.

Are you going to watch (or re-watch) 'The World of the Married' on Netflix, people?

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/06/26/jtbc-hit-drama-the-world-of-the-married-confirmed-to-air-on-netflix-this-july-363553

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got started on this series, and am currently on Ep 7.

A Rant

Spoiler

I’m downright appalled at the women who not only kept mum on the affair but NOT ONE was on Sun Woo’s side. I get that she exudes an uppity exterior that stems from her own personal trauma, and she does not have a friend close enough that she could open her heart to.

1) The neighbour who is in an unhappy marriage with a husband who constantly sleeps around. Not only did she kept quiet about the affair, she even went on a group trip with the mistress. Also she cautions Tae Oh when Sun Woo came to her about her suspicions.

2) The OBGYN who is also Sun Woo’s colleague. She takes delight in seeing other people’s misery, and played double agent. Pick a side, spinster! Quit with the fake guilt display.

3) The assistant who kept to her own business out of gratitude to Tae Oh who employed her after her divorce. Her pricked conscience eventually led her to stand with Sun Woo, a redemptive move.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 10:15 PM, Hikki said:

I finally got started on this series, and am currently on Ep 7.

A Rant

Hide contents

I’m downright appalled at the women who not only kept mum on the affair but NOT ONE was on Sun Woo’s side. I get that she exudes an uppity exterior that stems from her own personal trauma, and she does not have a friend close enough that she could open her heart to.

1) The neighbour who is in an unhappy marriage with a husband who constantly sleeps around. Not only did she kept quiet about the affair, she even went on a group trip with the mistress. Also she cautions Tae Oh when Sun Woo came to her about her suspicions.

2) The OBGYN who is also Sun Woo’s colleague. She takes delight in seeing other people’s misery, and played double agent. Pick a side, spinster! Quit with the fake guilt display.

3) The assistant who kept to her own business out of gratitude to Tae Oh who employed her after her divorce. Her pricked conscience eventually led her to stand with Sun Woo, a redemptive move.

All about sexism. A man who has an affair is somehow tolerated, at the very least. A married woman who has an affair needs to be stoned by everyone in town.

On Ep. 7? Be prepared to have your blood pressure continue to climb. :lol:

• 1 month later...

This just came on Netflix so I remember it being a big hit so I watched the first few episodes. I think I can see why it was so popular - it is like we get to see how this marriage and affair plays out and it makes you think - what would you do? 

The main actress and the mistress are both so good but the plot is very predictable thus far. The actor that plays the husband is also good because while I despise him, he doesn’t come off as a 100% loser. He’s at 99% for me and his whole “I love both of them sincerely” line was sooo full of it! He shouldn’t have gotten married in the first place. Guys like him are just pure selfish.

I also keep saying to myself “thank goodness I’m single” as I watch and this show is a PSA for people like me — to not get married! With trust issues as it is - if this happened to me - I’d get divorce ASAP. I would also drop all those fake friends who knew and helped him cover it up too. No negotiations. Cheating is like THE deal breaker. My blood pressure def going up when HIS mom blames her for her own son’s cheating?!? Ugh.

update: I finished it lol! I am glad our main lead was finally able to move on (finalllllly!) and that the son came back. The ex-husband remains the worse until the very ends. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 4:10 PM, stella77 said:

update: I finished it lol! I am glad our main lead was finally able to move on (finalllllly!) and that the son came back. The ex-husband remains the worse until the very ends. 

Haha you binge watched it! You did not have to wait every week... The husband just loved himself... I am relieved the main lead stayed single (even though I like Lee Moo Saeng haha) and got back her son. She will need a psychotherapy for sure... 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived