[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, so disappointed that the only person who seems to be on her side is a double spy<_<... I wonder how they got to know each other in the first place. Is she her friend first or is she the husband’s friend first...

I was disappointed too that she ended up bedding the neighbor friend, but turns out that she is going to use that as leverage. Okay fine, I am still onboard her revenge plan. Let’s see how it goes...

Will that new doctor be her rescuer then? A new love interest? Or will everything just grow more scandalous? Seems like next episode she lets her husband know that she knew about his affair... so no more divorce?

Quietly watching but whoa! things escalated fast. I did not think that Sun Woo would end up having an affair herself but then again, considering what they had done to her collectively, not just her husband, this entire nasty circle of people. I would say, okay, great! Like she said, men and women both can have base instincts when it comes to sex so why hold women to higher standards compared to men. Its not gonna end well for anybody involved but that is what I like about this show, its layered with complicated characters all making bad and selfish choices. I don't like her son, he is too fixated on keeping things comfortable. Is he too young to be held accountable for his selfishness and how he is putting pressure on Sun Woo to hold it in for the sake of keeping the family together, it just makes me feel that he will blame Sun Woo more than his dad. Sun Woo deserves honesty and respect. I don't think Tae Oh or her son feel they owe her any of that. They take her for granted to keep their picture perfect world intact. 

So, who is the new doctor and what is his role?? Another potential romantic interest for Sun Woo, I am game. Also, in what universe is Da Kyung residing in, her father will kill her or Tae Oh before he lets them marry and have a family........she can't be so naive to not be aware of that. Lets see how things go on from here on.

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah, so disappointed that the only person who seems to be on her side is a double spy<_<... I wonder how they got to know each other in the first place. Is she her friend first or is she the husband’s friend first...

I was disappointed too that she ended up bedding the neighbor friend, but turns out that she is going to use that as leverage. Okay fine, I am still onboard her revenge plan. Let’s see how it goes...

Will that new doctor be her rescuer then? A new love interest? Or will everything just grow more scandalous? Seems like next episode she lets her husband know that she knew about his affair... so no more divorce?

Perhaps I am overanalysing the situation again, but is it possible that Myung Sook is having this double role because she cares about the well-being of the kid. We saw her comforting the kid when he ran away from the party. If I remember it correctly Myung Sook told Sun Woo that she came from a broken family herself (a cheating dad) and that she had a hard time growing up. She also mentions during the party that she does not want to have kids/ get married (or something in that vain) - probably because of her traumatic upbringing. In other words, her motive is not necessarily to side with Sun Woo or Tae Oh, but rather help Joon Young grow up in a "normal" family - something she never had herself. After all, the love of the parents for each other might be over, but they clearly both still love Joon Young. She might think: why destroy it and let Joon Young be the victim of the mess of his parents (dad)? But again, I might be overthinking. I initially thought that the director was trying to trick us in believing that Joon Young knew about the affair. But it was not a trick, he actually knew it all along. He was the one who took the picture and not the stalker.

By the way, if they can keep this pace, edginess and do not end up in slump such as Itaewon Class, I think this show might break the ratings of Sky Castle. It has the same vibe, darkness and a veteran cast. Its ratings currently are insanely high and climbing quicker than even Itaewon Class or Crash Landing.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:14 AM, sandjh said:

i started watching this last week. lol the husband is trash, basically using both ladies (DK for her family/dad and SW for her funds) i don't like DK too much either atm haven't seen enough of her yet

cant believe he took out a mortgage loan???! and a loan under his sons name...

I agree the husband is trash but DK is no angel innocent fool.

What?! She was with him for 2 years knowing well he is married with a kid.

It takes two dirty hands to clap!

Would love to see how Min Hyun Seo deal with DK.

@Ameera Ali I hate all three! :angry: In this order - the husband, the mistress and the double spy! :lol:

The World of the Married-Park Hae Joon.jpgThe World of the Married-Han So-Hee.jpgThe World of the Married-Chae Gook-Hee.jpg

Haven't watched ep 4 yet but I fear the worst..:ph34r:

12 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

This drama is...... insane holy crap.

I dont think i am ready yet to finish it all. 

This is like next level play of disgusting act and pettiness from both side. And sun woo sleeping with je hyuk and use it as a threat to him too...

This is the show that shows what would happen when affairs goes very wrong.

So if u are new to kdramaland.

There are many types of Affair that happen but this one is the top of the top. I dont think any drama will beat the craziness of this drama in a while. 

What do you guys think?

I am a big fan of stories that escalate quickly. K-movies such as Old Boy and Parasite had the same recipe (start off relatively mild, but as the story progresses it turns into one big clusterf..k).

I do hope that the story stays realistic and does not turn full makjang. I also do not want it to become cheesy, but I am expecting the worst. It seems that the hotel dude will become some sort of love interest. Definitely not looking forward to this kind of baloney.

The lawyer clearly told Sun Woo to stay low and just act as a nice normal wife. Logically, Sun Woo shouldn't take the risk by confronting that double agent female doctor, the secretary (No Eul's mom), and Je Hyuk. We all know that these three people are very close to her husband. Any one of them could completely blow her plan by telling Tae O the truth. 

By going to hotel with Je Hyuk, Sun Woo really has no fear. Is it because she believes Je Hyuk that much? Logically, If I were Sun Woo, I wouldn't trust Je Hyuk easily. He could be a double agent for Tae O, too! If I were Sun Woo, I will think Je Hyuk works for Tae O and suspect them for setting a trap me becoming perpetrator of adultery in a hotel.

There are also some coincidences. The male patient who records a video and knows about your family issue. Both families meet in the restaurant and get extra tables together.

I hope the writer thinks about it.

But anyway, this is a drama.

Episode 3 kinda slowed down for me, but it picked right back up by Episode 4 especially her affair with Je-Hyuk, I was like: "shoot I'm disappointed on her character, why did she do that?", but a minute later was: "Fook, go get them bank accounts you powerful beach!". Can't wait so watch next week's episodes.

Also, I'm tired of the double spy, like pick a side, hmmph!. On another note, I really felt sorry for Je-Hyuk's wife, she was like on #TeamSunWoo but I don't know how she will react the moment she discovers what happened.

Favorite lines this week: "You can't cure stupidity" and "Women don't cheat because they don't know how to but because they value trust in their relationships." 

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK! LETS BREAK THE RATINGS!!!

I won`t say that I was surprised about the ending. My memory is coming back little by little watching the drama. How I forgot that she will use Je-Hyuk? That moment when she made him her minion! His face! :lol:  I don`t understand why Ko Ye-Rim, Je Hyuk`s wife want to live like that. She suspects her husband all the time. She knows that her husband has a crush on Sun Woo (maybe that`s one of the reason that she did not tell Sun Woo about her husband?) and Je Hyuk ignores her most of the time.

I like that that this show gives the audience a little satisfaction. Like when Sun Woo told her colleague that she knows that she is a double agent. Or when the woman patient slapped her cheating husband. I laughed when she told Yeo Byeong-Kyu that he did not expect her to lie to his friend. :D

I saw the preview. I kind of know what happens next with Da-Kyung and the rest. I will continue to watch just for Kim Hee Ae because she is doing a wonderful job.

5 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

The lawyer clearly told Sun Woo to stay low and just act as a nice normal wife. Logically, Sun Woo shouldn't take the risk by confronting that double agent female doctor, the secretary (No Eul's mom), and Je Hyuk. We all know that these three people are very close to her husband. Any one of them could completely blow her plan by telling Tae O the truth. 

By going to hotel with Je Hyuk, Sun Woo really has no fear. Is it because she believes Je Hyuk that much? Logically, If I were Sun Woo, I wouldn't trust Je Hyuk easily. He could be a double agent for Tae O, too! If I were Sun Woo, I will think Je Hyuk works for Tae O and suspect them for setting a trap me becoming perpetrator of adultery in a hotel.

There are also some coincidences. The male patient who records a video and knows about your family issue. Both families meet in the restaurant and get extra tables together.

I hope the writer thinks about it.

But anyway, this is a drama.

Intuitively speaking, I'm not sure that I were her, I'd follow step by step to the attorney's plan. It's still unfair to most of people in her shoes. The legal divorce doesn't seem enough. She might want to send signals to her enemies yet stay faithful to her husband.

The hotel scene, probably she's taking a risk. And just like Re Yim (or Ye Rim), women do have uncommon senses or instinctual sense that the counterpart of them could never know. Loosely speaking as a woman, probably she could tell Je Hyuk actually fell for her and she had already had a plan for him. Besides that, she just wanted to prove "how sexy/attractive I am still (not like what Da Kyung said over the phone)". Just a common sense, sometimes I ask myself "Am I beautiful enough or do I still look beautiful :lol: ?" like that.

Finally, actually the patient I believed must have picked it up somewhere cuz somebody accidentally dropped it. The one who recorded the video is her son, Yoon Jung.

Damn.

Sun Woo was a complete savage in ep. 04 & I LOVE it! I was clapping & cheering her on as she called out Jae Hyuk (his expression during the love scene had me in stitches!) Da Kyung (how dare she claim to be the victim!?) Tae Oh & that so-called friend/co-worker. 

Oh no I was right, Joon Young does know.. and I've a feeling the new psychiatrist might be Sun Woo's new lover LoL. And OMFG Tae Oh openly declares his love for Da Kyung in front of his wife WoW ( yea I know I say that a lot) Though there's Hyun Seo's dirtbag of a husband who threatens to expose it all.     

The only other recent drama on infidelity I could think of that too had me boiling, no seething with disgust was - Love Affairs in the Afternoon. I dropped it as it took a very ott route. Heck even VIP is mild compared to this LoL! Sun Woo's playin' a very dangerous game here & I would hate to see her lose it all or be more hurt than she already is.

Everybody in this drama is so shady yo LoL. There's literally noone to trust. It's like what Ivana Trump famously said, Don't get mad take everything.     

Wasn't planning on watching this but the ratings buzz got to me. I ended up binging all 4 episodes. All I gotta say is WTF lol Most shows drag the reveal out but to drop the bomb in the first episode?! Damn. If they can continue to keep it riveting then I can see it toppling SKY castle off its throne

A Couple’s World: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread

by stroopwafel

cw1-00467.jpg

What do you do when your perfect life turns out to be more illusion than reality? Our protagonist faces difficult choices and a seemingly insignificant gesture turns out to be the catalyst for a life-changing revelation.

EPISODES 1-2 WEECAP

cw1-00041.jpg

We start off with a view into the life of JI SUN-WOO (Kim Hee-ae), which seems pretty perfect. She has a successful medical career, a sweet son, and a loving husband, LEE TAE-OH (Park Hae-joon). A director and CEO of a film production company, he’s pretty devoted to work, but that he’s equally devoted to his wife (or so it seems).

They’re the  picture of domestic bliss, and the morning after a loving reunion, their interactions are cavity-inducingly sweet, but not in an artificial way. Sun-woo and Tae-oh genuinely seem to love each other and their son Joon-young.

Before Sun-woo heads off to work Tae-oh sweetly wraps his scarf around her neck and sends her off with a kiss.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/04/a-couples-world-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

20 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@icemaid @Lawyerh

maybe we need to be kind to the mistress :joy: , the wife making her under age girl :joy: , by snitching on her 

# darling you are adult their a cake  on the oven :D

@Ameera Ali who knows may not be just a cake, could be two buns in the oven! :joy:

th?id=OIP.N-Y-coIQVGeQewla9sbrMQHaJ4&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

@Latte_Anyday agree Da Kyung, how dare she claimed to be the victim?!! :triumph:

She dived right in with both eyes open!

th?id=OIP.tMQl18DYZJ0xtYaFe2IC8gHaD4&pid=Api&P=0&w=352&h=185

9 hours ago, alexaze said:

Most shows drag the reveal out but to drop the bomb in the first episode?! Damn. If they can continue to keep it riveting then I can see it toppling SKY castle off its throne

I don`t know if this drama will get the highest of Sky Castle rating but it sure has events to keep the audience in tension. :D

57 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t know if this drama will get the highest of Sky Castle rating but it sure has events to keep the audience in tension. :D

I have the same thought. I haven't watched Sky Castle but only looking at the rating records, I'd not say anything willy-nilly for now. If this show could top 20%, it's already satisfying.

1 hour ago, larus said:

Hopefully it gets there, I mean 4 episodes in and its already like this, such a blessing to dramaland this year. 

Archived