larus

JTBC DRAMA

The World of Husband and Wife

Couples_World-p1.jpg

Network: JTBC

Genre: drama

Episodes:16

Director: Mo Wan Il (Misty).

Writer: Joo Hyun ( My Horrible Boss , Revolutionary Love )

Release Date: March 27th - May 16th, 2020

Runtime: Friday & Saturdays 23:00

OST: part 1 김윤아 (Kim Yuna) - 고독한 항해 (Lonely Sailing)

part 2 Josh Daniel - Nothing On You

part 3 Sonnet Son(손승연) - Sad

part 4 Ha Dong Qn- Just Leave Me

part 5 Huh Gak- "Farewell In Tears"

Plot:

Ji Sun-Woo (Kim Hee-Ae) is a family medicine doctor. She is married to Lee Tae-Oh (Park Hae-Joon) and they have a son. She seems to have everything, including a successful career and a happy family, but she is betrayed by her husband and others.

Meanwhile Lee Tae-Oh dreams of becoming a famous movie director. He runs an entertainment business with the support of his wife Ji Sun-Woo. Even though he loves his wife, Lee Tae-Oh falls into a dangerous relationship.

Notes

The drama is a remake of BBC drama "Dr Foster".

Cast:

Kim Hee Ae as Ji Sun-Woo

Park Hae Joon as Lee Tae-O

Jeon Jin Seo as Lee Joon-Young (Sun Woo and Tae Oh`s son)

Han So Hee as  Yeo Da-Kyeong

Park Sun Young as Ko Ye-Rim

Kim Young Min as Son Je-Hyeok

Lee Kyoung-Young as Yeo Byeong-Kyu (Da Kyung`s father)

Kim Sun Kyung as Eom Hyo-Jung (Da Kyung`s mother)

Chae Gook- Hee as Seol Myung-Sook

Lee Hak Joo as Park In-Kyu

Sim Eun Woo as Min Hyeon-Seo

Lee Hak-Joo as Park In-Kyu (Min Hyun-Seo`s boyfriend)

Jung Jae-Sung as Kong Ji-Cheol (the hospital director)

Park Mi-Hyun as Kong Ji Cheol`s wife

Lee Moo Saeng as Kim Yoon-Ki

Song Hoon as Sang-Hyun

Seo Yi-Sook as Chairman Choi's wife

Choi Beom-Ho as Chairman Choi

Jo Ah Ra as Jang Mi-yeon

Shin Soo Yeon as Yoon Noh-eul

Jung Joon-Won as Cha Hae-Kang

Park Choong-Sun as Ma Gang-Seok

Kwon Hyuk as attorney (ep.3-6)

Kim Jong-Tae as Ha Dong-Sik

Yoon In-Jo as Cha Do-Cheol's wife

Kim Tae-Hyang as Cha Do-Cheol

Jang Mi-yeon as Detective

Seol Yu-Jin as longterm care hospital nurse (ep.1,3)

Kwon Hong-Suk as banker (ep.3)

Jung Ha-Eun as Ji Sun-Woo (teen) (ep.5)

Eom Ji-Man as police officer (ep.6)

Posters:

10287_11188_4528.jpg

1YYZF8NO2K_1.jpg

BF.22067266.1.jpg

Spoiler

20200328101722_5e7ea5a22def7_1.jpg

Teasers/Trailers:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

On the 30th, JTBC's new gold drama 'Women's World' (directed by Moo Il-il, drama writer Joo-hyun) said, "We confirmed the appearances of Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-jun and started to shoot in earnest."

article.jpg

Kim Hee-ae said, "I'm glad to be greeted by the drama after a long time. I'm fascinated by the power of the story, focusing on the psychology of the character and attracting serious and tension. .

Park Hae-jun said, "It's a burden, but I'm very excited. I'm happy and excited to be able to show a new face through other characters, which I've played so far. I'll show you a good figure."

http://news1.kr/articles/?3731757

September 30 2019

Kim Hee-Ae & Park Hae-Joon cast in JTBC drama series “Couple’s World”

Couples_World-a00.jpg

Kim Hee-Ae and Park Hae-Joon are cast in new JTBC drama series “Couple’s World” (literal title). For the drama series, Kim Hee-Ae and Park Hae-Joon will played a married couple. The husband though betrays the wife. The drama series will slot into JTBC’s Friday and Saturday 11PM time slot after “Itaewon Class,” sometime in the first half of 2020.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-hee-ae-park-hae-joon-cast-in-jtbc-drama-series-couples-world

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife, 부부의 세계 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Kim Hee Ae & Park Hae Joon - Premieres in early 2020

Kim Hee-ae makes drama comeback in new JTBC drama A Couple’s World

by tccolb

201909300955357012_d_20190930095610155.jpg

After 4 long years, Kim Hee-ae (Second to Last Love) has confirmed she will be returning to dramaland in JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama A Couple’s World. Joining her in the drama is actor Park Hae-joon (Arthdal Chronicles) who also confirmed casting.

The story of A Couple’s World delves into the relationship between married couples when the love that you once becomes broken by a partner’s betrayal. And it examines the psyches of the individual parties as that broken trust spirals into a tense cycle of revenge, complicated by feelings of both love and hate for one another.

Kim Hee-ae plays the central character of Ji Sun-woo, a self-made woman who specializes in family medicine. She had once felt blessed in her life to receive unchanging love from her husband, raising a dutiful son together, and having accomplished both wealth and fame in her career. But everything comes crashing down after discovering that her husband had been unfaithful and that the people she loved had betrayed her, and, in a drastic turn, she becomes determined to take revenge.

Park Hae-joon takes on the role of the husband, Lee Tae-oh. His dream was to become a director, but, in reality, he runs an entertainment talent agency which was started with assistance from his capable wife. Although his love for his wife is still true, on the spur of the moment, he makes an irreversible and risky mistake which sinks him down a path of despair.

On the production team for A Couple’s World, PD Mo Wan-il (Misty, Beautiful Mind) is set to direct and writing will be done by writer Joo Hyun (Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-ki).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/kim-hee-ae-makes-drama-comeback-in-new-jtbc-drama-a-couples-world/

• Like 2

I read some time ago that they want to remake the UK drama Doctor Foster, about a woman in her 40s who suspects that her husband is having an affair. It was planed to air on JTBC too. I wonder if this drama was not inspired of the remake but they come up with another drama and they won`t do the remake after all. It is sound just like that for me. We`ll see.

Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon to Star in "The Married Life"

https://www.hancinema.net/kim-hee-ae-and-park-hae-joon-to-star-in-the-married-life-134105.html

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lee Moo-saeng joins cast of A Couple’s World

by tineybeanie

leemosang.jpg

Lee Moo-saeng (Melting Me Softly) has announced his next project, A Couple’s World. This drama is about how a couple’s bond turns from love to betrayal and its slow descent into a spiral of revenge. Currently Kim Hee-ae (Second to Last Love), Park Hae-joon (Arthdal Chronicles), and Park Seon-young (Marry Me Now) have all confirmed their roles in the drama.

For A Couple’s World, Lee Moo-saeng plays a gentle and intellectual psychiatrist named Kim Yoon-ki who works at the same hospital as the main protagonist Ji Seon-woo, played by Kim Hee-ae. She is a family medicine doctor who has seemingly succeeded both her home life and career.

All that comes crashing down when she learns of her husband’s unfaithfulness; her husband is to be played by Park Hae-joon. As a constant presence in Ji Seon-woo’s life, without meaning to, Kim Yoon-ki becomes a safe emotional refuge for her.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/lee-moo-saeng-joins-cast-of-a-couples-world/

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/ Couple`s World, 부부의 세계 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Kim Hee Ae & Park Hae Joon - Premieres in March
  • 3 weeks later...

Kim Hee Ae Makes Powerful First Impression In Poster For Upcoming Drama

Feb 12, 2020
by R. Jun

efbb74c575244b88865f7d771c0ea11b.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “A Married Couple’s World” (literal title) has revealed a powerful first teaser!

The drama is about a married couple that falls apart due to betrayal and the ensuing whirlwind of love and hate.

The first poster for the drama, starring Kim Hee Ae, shows the actress lying seductively in a living room in ruin and disarray, with a shattered chandelier and plates, and her wedding photo fallen to the ground.

Kim Hee Ae, in her first return to dramas in four years, plays a family doctor named Ji Sun Woo. Ji Sun Woo leads a seemingly perfect life with a peaceful family, her husband’s unchanging love, and a good son. When a crack starts to form in her happiness, her life begins to change.

The actress said, “I was captivated by the strength of the story, which develops with weight and tension and with a focus on the characters’ psychology.”

A source from the drama said, “Kim Hee Ae is putting on an amazing performance with her detailed, powerful acting and her ability to instantly look deep into a character. Even during the poster shoot, Kim Hee Ae perfectly transformed into Ji Sun Woo and dominated the air with her charisma.”

“A Married Couple’s World” premieres on March 27, following the conclusion of “Itaewon Class.”

kim-hee-ae-0.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382538wpp/kim-hee-ae-makes-powerful-first-impression-in-poster-for-upcoming-drama

• Like 3

February 12 2020

Teaser poster & ep.1 air date set for JTBC drama series “Couple’s World”

Couples_World-p1.jpg

Teaser poster and ep.1 air date set for JTBC drama series “Couple’s World” (literal title) starring Kim Hee-Ae and Park Hae-Joon. The teaser poster features Kim Hee-Ae as Ji Sun-Woo. She’s surrounded by broken items in her home, which indicates her ideal life with husband Tae-O (Park Hae-Joon) and son is falling apart. She works as a respected family doctor.

Ep.1 of “Couple’s World” is now set to air March 27, 2020 in South Korea (takes over JTBC’s Friday & Saturday 10:50 PM time slot after “Itaewon Class“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-poster-ep-1-air-date-set-for-jtbc-drama-series-couples-world

This drama plot reminds me of British drama Doctor Foster. It was announced last year (maybe)that they will do a Korean version but nothing yet. Maybe they decided to do an original drama but inspired by that series. We`ll see.

• Like 2

Kim Hee Ae And Park Hae Jun Stand Off In New Poster For Upcoming Drama

Feb 19, 2020
by K. Z

7c13f53df5324d19a9b9b703b7ec62c0.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “A Married Couple’s World” (literal title) is amping up the drama with a stunning second poster!

The drama is about a married couple that falls apart due to betrayal and the ensuing whirlwind of love and hate. Kim Hee Ah is cast as a family physician named Ji Sun Woo, who leads a seemingly perfect life with a peaceful family, her husband’s unchanging love, and a good son. When a crack starts to form in her happiness, her life begins to change.

married-couples-world.jpg

In the new poster, Kim Hee Ae reaches out seductively toward Park Hae Jun, even though she has a stiletto heel poised against a very delicate area. Even as he stands amidst the shambles of what appears to be their home, Park Hae Jun holds on to Kim Hee Ae’s hand at the same time he tries to redirect the heel elsewhere.

The production team said of the two actors, “We were able to confirm the real value of [having cast] both Kim Hee Ae and Park Hae Jun, as we were able to take this poster image in just one shot. We were able to make an impactful moment with the combined strengths of Kim Hee Ae’s powerful, deadly pose and Park Hae Jun’s emotional control. It creates a still-life representation of this broken couple’s world with emotions that are impossible to describe in words.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383798wpp/kim-hee-ae-and-park-hae-jun-stand-off-in-new-poster-for-upcoming-drama

• Like 2

Perfect happiness turns to utter emotional wreckage in A Couple’s World

by tineybeanie

coupleworld0.jpg

A new teaser and two promo posters have been dropped for upcoming melodrama A Couple’s World, starring Kim Hee-ae (Second to Last Love) and Park Hae-joon (Arthdal Chronicles). What began as love turns into betrayal for one couple. The posters show the couple’s home torn apart with remnants of messy fights like a broken chandelier and books and plates strewn about. The explosive emotions and hatred turns into a fierce, inescapable vortex.

Initially, Kim Hee-ae plays a woman who has it all: a peaceful household, a husband who is unwavering in his love, an obedient son who meets her high expectations; power and reputation in a society that values both. The teaser begins with her narrating that everything around her was perfect, as wheat billows in the wind along with her wedding veil.

Park Hae-joon plays Kim Hee-ae’s husband who is an impulsive, passionate romantic at heart with a strong sensitive side. He slowly approaches her in the wheat field. They share a moment of laughter, but suddenly the scene changes, and it looks like he succumbs to a moment of temptation with an unseen woman. Kim Hee-ae finds incriminating photos in his possessions, and begins crumpling them up, and throwing his clothes down. The happiness she believed to be ironclad begins to falter piece-by-piece.

She is seen getting wet in the rain, when someone covers her with an umbrella. The next scene shows her striding down a corridor dressed in all black, looking determined. Then, we turn back to the rain where she cries in grief and disbelief as the sounds of a honking car are heard. Her son’s voice calls to her: “Mom. Mom.”

The last scene of the teaser shows their family photo, with Kim Hee-ae wearing her wedding gown, but the white of her dress is marred by dripping blood. Black mourning clothes, car accident sounds, and her son’s voice—the teaser seems to hint at his death as perhaps the linchpin in the downfall of the relationship.

According to reports, A Couple’s World will feature two other couples with their own problematic pasts and secrets that serve as a foil to the main couple. They will consist of Park Sun-young (Marry Me Now) and Kim Young-min (Crash Landing on You), and Lee Kyung-young (Hyena, Vagabond) and Kim Sun-kyung (Chocolate).

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/perfect-happiness-turns-to-utter-emotional-wreckage-in-a-couples-world/

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@larus I have checked out the original Dr. Foster and it's interesting:). But there is only 2 seasons. Are they gonna make their own version with the ending???

I think they could make their own version of the drama not only the ending. If I remember well, the drama became too dark/makjang. I don`t think this version will give a definite ending either. I remember that it was a satisfactory ending. They could have made another season but I am glad they stopped. I liked the idea of this series. The journey of the protagonist to discover that her happy marriage started to crumble after finding out that her husband was cheating her. I did not watch VIP but I think they had the same basic.

I prefer the Korean way of doing one season format. I want the writer to give us a logical story from start to finish, to have a clear picture of what he/she wanted to tell.

• Like 2