[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“World of the Married” Scores Top Spots on Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [1st Week of April, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from March 30 to April 5 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on April 6.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of April

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 26.85% (0)

2. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 13.6% (+1)

3. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - 7.99% (-1)

4. SBS “Hyena” - 7.67% (0)

5. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 7.17% (+2)

6. tvN  “Piece of Your Mind” - 5.24% (-1)

7. JTBC “When the Weather is Fine“ - 4.41% (+1)

8. KBS2 “Once Again” - 3.19% (+2)

9. MBC “365: One Year Against Destiny” - 3.04% (-3)

10. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 2.97% (NEW)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of April

1. JTBC “World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. JTBC “World of the Married” - Han So-hee (+12)

3. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Kim Tae-hee (-1)

4. SBS “Hyena” - Kim Hye-soo (0)

5. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Moon Ga-young (+5)

6. JTBC “World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (-3)

7. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Kim Dong-wook (+12)

8. SBS “Hyena” - Joo Ji-hoon (+1)

9. tvN  “Piece of Your Mind” - Jung Hae-in (-3)

10. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (-3)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

15 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

@larus since you've watched the original show, could you recall the presence of that newly hired psychiatrist? What's his role in this mastermind game?

I don`t remember very well. While I watch there are scenes to come back in my memory and even know what happen next but not all.

I remember arriving a doctor to Dr Foster`s hospital (not sure if it was a man or a woman) and he will give her hard time. He is a new partner at the hospital.

I remember that she will have problems at work, she will be even suspended but I don`t know if everything will be related with that new doctor. As we see in Korean version, Sun Woo is starting to have additional problem (like that abusive boyfriend of Hyun-Seo, who blackmailed Sun Woo). I think there will be a problem because she was the last one to see mother in law. Just some other things to haunt her. 

I am also curious how the Korean version will mix everything in Sun Woo`s life.  They have 16 episodes and the original version has ten and a time jump. We`ll see.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200408005800315?section=print

JTBC drama series 'The World of the Married' on track to become rare hit remake

April 08, 2020

SEOUL, April 8 (Yonhap) -- Posting record-high viewer ratings for its debut episodes, "The World of the Married," a new drama series by JTBC, is on track to become one of the few Korean hit TV drama series adapted from a foreign original.

Based on the BBC One TV series "Doctor Foster," which aired in 2015 and 2017, the JTBC series posted viewer ratings of 6.26 and 9.98 percent with its two debut episodes on March 27 and 28, respectively, the highest inaugural ratings of all JTBC drama series so far.

Ratings for the following two episodes, which aired last Friday and Saturday, further shot up to 11.88 and 13.99 percent, respectively, a clear head start compared even to the initial viewer ratings by JTBC drama series "Sky Castle," which remains the most watched cable TV series ever, with a rating of as high as 23.78 percent.

Starring veteran actress Kim Hee-ae in the lead role of Ji Sun-woo, a wife and medical doctor who has been cheated on, "The World of the Married" faithfully recreates most of the scenes from the British original, centering on a dedicated wife's finding out her husband's betrayal and her revenge as well as her commitment to her profession.

16BD401A-6E25-43EB-B060-933F26A98F7F.jpg

A promotional image for the JTBC drama series "The World of the Married," provided by the channel (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Taking one step further from the original, the 16-episode Korean version adds a streak of intense suspense as well as sensual scenes while smartly adapting the original story to the Korean cultural context.

"When I first saw the final script, it was Koreanized so much that I could not think of the original version any more," Kim said in an online press conference on the TV series on March 26.

"Turning it into a Korean version, I tried to delve into stories of relationships, focusing on love, marriage and married couples," the show's chief producer Mo Wan-il said in the same press conference. "The drama will go deep into things related with married couples," he said.

With the sensational local reception of the show so far, "The World of the Married" is likely to become one of Korea's few megahit drama series to be remade from a foreign original.

Previous megahits adapted from overseas shows include 2007 MBC medical drama series "Behind the White Tower," adapted from the Japanese original, "The White Tower," and 2009 KBS2 romantic comedy series "Boys Over Flowers," based on a Japanese comic series and its adapted Japanese and Taiwanese TV series.

"The World of the Married" is also likely to become a rare megahit recreated from a Western original series, after the recent Korean versions of ABC's "Designated Survivor," CBS' "The Good Wife" and BBC One's "Life on Mars" were only modest hits in the Korean market.

The head start of the JTBC series also came after the recent Korean versions of several Japanese original TV series, including JTBC's "Legal High," KBS2's "Matrimonial Chaos" and MBN's "Rich Man," were met with lukewarm receptions here.

4A302CD6-9931-40CE-96CB-633F79AB4305.jpg

An image of actress Kim Hee-ae, provided by JTBC (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

pbr@yna.co.kr
(END)

——

OSEN | 2020. 04. 08. 3:05 AM

Han So Hee's close acquaintance explains her past photos of tattoos

4A697F5B-1EC1-4E3A-A0A2-7BEA6E7D1054.jpg

While the past photos of actress Han So Hee (27 years old) have been getting attention, her close acquaintance raised voice to explain that they were photos when she was still active as a model.

On the morning of April 8, Han So Hee's close acquaintance clarified this to OSEN, "I think that as the drama 'The World of the Married' is being well-received by the public, the interest in Han So Hee has also naturally increased."

In the Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC, scriptwriter: Joo Hyun, director: Mo Wan Il), Han Seo Hee will take on the role of Yeo Da Kyung, Lee Tae Oh's (played by Park Hae Joon) mistress. In the storyline, she always stands on the opposite side with Ji Sun Woo (played by Kim Hee Ae), Lee Tae Oh's wife, and quickly attracts viewers' attention.

Although she is still a rookie actress and has not had much experience, Han Seo Hee has made her character shine brightly as she fully showed her solid acting ability. The viewership rating in episode 1 of the drama from 6.3% (according to the nationwide standard of Nielsen Korea) climbed to an astonishing figure of 14% in episode 4.

Besides, this person also said, “Because now there are many people getting tattoos, so anyone who likes it will like it, but if they don't like it, then, let them. Each person has a different mindset and it is unable to say what is right or wrong.”

Additionally, Han So Hee debuted as an actress with a role in the drama ''Reunited Worlds'' (SBS) in 2017.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra / purplish@osen.co.or
Photo = OSEN DB
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

Great news! The drama indeed draws attention to the international critics and acclaims. Hopefully, it could keep it up good work. I'm biased to the director and the intelligence in selecting script of Kim Hee Ae.

I hope I'd come across something like this in the States. Have been waiting for its approval from Netflix. 

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3075859

‘The World of the Married’ is not a typical affair: Hit JTBC drama tells tale of a woman on a revenge mission

April 9, 2020

61D4C3BB-F126-40F8-B10B-8B129FBB0C41.jpg
Sun-woo (played by Kim Hee-ae), a successful doctor, is revered by everyone in her upper-class community. [JTBC]

Television dramas have long been coming up with provocative story lines to capture more eyeballs, and one popular theme found in many series is love affairs.

A story of a character’s affair always takes viewers on a ride filled with excitement and a whirlwind of emotions. The most iconic affair in a local drama series took place on “Temptation of a Wife” which aired on SBS in 2008. 

The story centers on Eun-jae, who loves her husband dearly and would do anything for him. She is betrayed by him and her best friend, Ae-ri, who turn out to be having an affair. Determined to get back at the couple, she changes her identity and puts on her seductive charm to entice her erstwhile husband. A lot of the story didn’t make sense - the biggest flaw would be that Eun-jae was able to fool everyone into thinking that she was a complete stranger although all she did was put a dot near her left eye - but nevertheless the story was certainly stimulating: Everyone watching the show felt for Eun-jae and waited excitedly to see how she got her revenge. 

Nevertheless, no matter how exciting the story was, viewers often criticize affair stories for lacking consistency and for seeming quite far-fetched. 

But that stereotype is being broken by the series “The World of the Married,” which is currently airing on JTBC. Although the story has only aired four episodes so far, the viewership ratings for the fourth episode jumped to 14 percent, a surprisingly high number given the fact that the show’s first six episodes were rated R by the Korea Communications Standards Commission (KCSC). Its predecessor, the breakout hit “Itaewon Class,” recorded a 9.4 percent viewership rating for its fourth episode. 

The series has changed the typical affair story into a psychological thriller with a fast-paced plot. There’s no beating around the bush waiting for the significant other to find out about the affair. 

The protagonist here, Sun-woo (played by Kim Hee-ae), finds out about the extent of her husband’s affair at the end of the first episode. What she always presumed as being an ideal, happy family with her loving husband and a son was shattered to pieces as she finds out through her husband’s secret phone that everyone around her - her friends and neighbors - has been aware of the affair for years but didn’t tell her. 

At first, Sun-woo tries to forgive him. She had a son to protect and a reputation to keep in her tight-knit upper-class community where news travels fast. She is the vice president of her hospital and a revered doctor. If she gets a divorce, she might lose all she has, and she cannot allow that to happen. But as her husband continues to deceive and trick her, she decides to divorce him, but is determined to make sure that once he’s out of the picture, everything else will stay the same. 

1F5C40EA-F95E-4D58-9208-8A77934E6E07.jpg

Sun-woo’s husband Tae-oh and his mistress Dae-kyung secretly holds hands at his birthday party. [JTBC]

“How low I’ve fallen, covering up my deprivation with hypocrisy and deception. […] Certainly this is what hell is,” Sun-woo narrates at the beginning of the second episode. “How will I return this hellish pain [to him] to the fullest, in the most perfect and fair way?”

Although an affair is the central theme of the show, another attraction the series offers is the relationship between the people surrounding the family. Through them are portrayed various sides of humanity and perhaps ugly emotions such as contempt and jealousy, which are usually hidden from the surface. 

The way that Sun-woo, although she was the last to know, crosses through the web of complex relations to execute her final goal is satisfying for audiences to watch, knowing that those who need to be punished will get what they deserve. The empathy that the audience feels for Sun-woo may be fueled even more due to the actor’s superb performance. 

“The actor’s performance turned this otherwise typical affair story into a masterpiece,” reads one comment posted beneath a clip of the show on YouTube. 

“What the story is trying to tell through the affair is what’s important,” culture critic Jeong Deok-hyun says. “While the majority of other affair series tend to highlight the provocativeness of a secret affair through showing their intimate moments and how the victim suffers, ‘The World of the Married’ focuses on Sun-woo’s state of mind more meticulously and shows how relations within a family, which is considered to be the very basic unit and fundamental root of society, can be precarious.” 

The series is based on the megahit BBC drama series “Doctor Foster” (2015) which depicts the ugly process of divorce in British upper class society. The second season ends with all of the members of the family - the mother, the father and the son - being damaged by the divorce in ways that no one anticipated. Although the “The World” closely follows the narrative of the original, it remains to be seen if they’ll follow suit for the ending as well. 

On the other hand, culture critic Hwang Jin-mi remains skeptical of the message of “The World.” 

“Is this series trying to point out that divorce is this difficult for clever women like Sun-woo?” Hwang said. “She says that she’s doing all she can to have only her husband out of her life, but isn’t how she plots, schemes and takes revenge against him showing that she is still obsessed with him? [Regardless of the series’ popularity] I wonder if Sun-woo’s fear and obsession with not being framed as a divorcee fits with contemporary society today, and whether [such narrative] is necessary.” 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

———

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/kim-hee-ae-the-world-of-the-married-tops-content-power-index/

Kim Hee Ae’s “The World Of The Married” Tops Weekly Content Power Index

By Lilly | April 8, 2020

JTBC DRAMA THE WORLD OF THE MARRIED HAS BEEN GENERATING A LOT OF BUZZ.

The World Of The Married starring Kim Hee Ae, Park Hae Joon, and Han So Hee ranked first in the overall Content Power Index.

919-B7-E6-E-8047-4-CFA-8801-776-FBFB6-B2

According to the report announced by CJ ENM on April 7, The World Of The Married topped the Content Power Index for the period ranging from March 30 to April 5. The drama amassed a total of 332.2 points ranking first among all entertainment programs that includes both dramas and non-dramas. It took the top spot for two weeks in a row.

Based on the BBC series Doctor Foster, The World Of The Married narrates the story of a loving couple with a perfect life. However, everything comes crashing down after the couple is faced with a whirlpool of betrayals.

Immediately after its premiere on March 27, the drama went to break multiple records. It achieved the best premiere episode viewership rating among all jTBC dramas. In addition to that, the ratings for the later episodes too have been on the continuous rise. The drama has touch the mark of 15% ratings in its fourth episode itself.

Also, actress Kim Hee Ae’s unprecedented acting performance have attracted a lot of praises from the viewers.

Following the The World Of The Married, tvN’s Thursday Special Hospital Playlist is ranked second with 264.4 points. Meanwhile, taking the third and fourth places are MBC shows Radio Star with 230.7 points and I Live Alone with 227.5 points. SBS’ Running Man is ranked fifth with 226.3 points.

Next in order are KBS 2 TV’s entertainment program The Return of Superman (223.7 points), KBS 2 TV’s weekend drama Once Again (218.1 points), MBC drama Find Me In Your Memory (216.6 points), jTBC’s variety program Knowing Brothers (216.3 points) and TV Chosun show Call Center Of Love (216.2 points).

The Content Power Index is a model jointly  developed by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea which measures the content impact of television programs across various channels on the basis of consumer behaviour.

Source: Star News

Images Credit: jTBC

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 08

"The World of the Married'' tops popular TV drama rankings for 2 weeks in a row

"The World of the Married'' has occupied the entire viewership ratings and the hot level of the dramas aired this week. 

According to the statistics of Good Data Corporation (the agency analyzing the popularity of programs on TV), the drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC) has occupied the No. 1 position for two weeks in a row on the popular TV drama rankings. This survey is obtained by the analysis of netizens' responses on articles, blogs/online communities, videos, SNS towards 24 TV dramas being broadcast or expected to be aired from March 30 until April 5, 2020.

Centered on Naver Cafe, "The World of the Married" has received great attention and attracted many loyal viewers thanks to the dramatic plot. The actors acting in the drama named themselves in the Top 10 hot topics such as Kim Hee Ae (No. 1), Han So Hee (No. 2), Park Hae Joon (No. 6) and notably, the audience also lavishly praised Kim Hee Ae's acting ability.

Spoiler

On the other hand, with the weekly virality increasing by 26.75%, "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) broke its own record for 2 weeks in a row. Kwak Sun Young received explosive reactions thanks to her genuine acting. Meanwhile, netizens have shown interest in the developments that seem to be revealing the budding love story between Jung Kyung Ho and Kwak Sun Young. Besides, Jo Jung Suk also appeared in 10th place on the popular actor rankings.

After a week off from broadcast, "Hi Bye, Mama!" (tvN) dropped one rank and came in third place with a drop of interest of 28.39% compared to the previous week. The drama's preview video of episode 13 became a hot topic after it was released, but the viewers showed negative reactions to the story revealed in advance. However, character Cha Yu Ri played by Kim Tae Hee received sympathy, along with that, the actress occupied 3rd place on the most popular actor rankings.

5786A303-C720-4737-9E4B-EBB4C9842B54.jpg

CE33D517-FD8C-43B8-B531-BCE923C8E198.jpg

Landing at No. 4 on the drama ranking is "Hyena" (SBS). The film has got an increase of 4.12% in popularity level compared to the previous week. The drama received numerous positive reviews from netizens thanks to the portrayal of a zealous and unique female character. However, a part of viewers still expressed regret because the script lets Joo Ji Hoon's character focus more on romantic details. On the popularity rankings of drama actors, Kim Hye Soo ranked fourth, and Joo Ji Hoon ranked eighth.

5th place belonged to "Find Me in Your Memory" (MBC). The drama broke its own highest score as its popularity increased by 63.19% compared to the previous week. The audience showed interesting compliments to the work such as quick deployment, highly engaging storyline, etc. Besides, Moon Ga Young also received positive reviews such as "Good acting and cute character." Moon Ga Young and Kim Dong Wook took 5th and 7th place, respectively, on the popular actor rankings.

With the popularity level dropping by 5.95% compared to the last week, the drama "A Piece Of Your Mind" (tvN) stayed at No.6. The film continuously received negative reactions from the audience as they mentioned that the viewership ratings prove that it is not as hot as before and the plot isn't touching enough. On the popularity rankings of drama actors, Jung Hae In landed at No. 9.

No.7 to No.10, in turn, went to "When the Weather Is Fine" (JTBC, an increase of 1.91% in popularity level compared to last week), "Once Again" (KBS 2TV, a drop of 6.67% in popularity level compared last week), "365: Repeat the Year" (MBC, a decline of 42.48% in popularity compared last week) and "The King: The Eternal Monarch" (SBS) that is about to go on air. 

Reporter Cho Yeon Gyeong cho.yeongyeong@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

Actress Han So Hee is under controversy for her previous smoking and tattoo photos. 

1586282440-757373-483824-4945.jpg

She is currently appearing on JTBC's 'The World of the Married'. As interest in her grew, people began to find past photos on her social media and was complimented for looking like ITZY's Ryujin. However, as netizens began to uncover photos of her smoking and with tattoos, they began to bury her in malicious comments stating: 

"It must've hurt a lot to remove those tattoos."

"Didn't you want to be an actress? Erase your tattoos." 

"I think she's pretty but I couldn't live with her as my wife." 

"That smoking pic, what a tryhard."

"Ew smoking."

I don't see why there's a problem, she is playing a mistress role not that she has to maintain a pure image. 

@corey not sure whether DK did had an abortion or just saying in front of the scumbag husband. It wasn't clarified.

8 minutes ago, corey said:

@icemaid, thank you for clarification. I guess we will find out shortly what really happened.

And poor Han So hee. Can anyone explain to me what is the big deal with tatoos? Why the hate comments? It is such a normal thing these days...

Right,  I just find her acting abit awkward just like the character HR of BLWL not so much about her personal life of tattoo and smoking.

A Couple’s World: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

by missvictrix

CW34_1.jpg

Our heroine has endured an unthinkable betrayal, but now that the pure shock is wearing off, she’s starting to fight back. Though our heroine struggles while choosing the next path to take, this week she makes some bold choices that have (and will have) some important repercussions.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

CW34_2A.jpgCW34_2B.jpg

The big bomb of a reveal might have gone off in Episode 1, but I have to say, the aftermath has been just as riveting. We left off last week with (vile husband) Tae-oh running off to his mistress when he hears about her pregnancy, and there really is no end to the shamelessness of this guy.

I think his unending deceit is the thing that Sun-woo has the most trouble wrapping her mind around. For instance, the night after he runs out with the pregnancy news, Sun-woo asks him if he was able to resolve his issue. And then she listens to his lies. It happens again and again, but she keeps testing him, hoping for a different result. To make matters worse, she has to pretend ignorance so that he doesn’t realize she knows — it’s a layer of deceit upon deceit, but it’s what she needs to do to win.

morehttp://www.dramabeans.com/2020/04/a-couples-world-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

3 hours ago, corey said:

@icemaid, thank you for clarification. I guess we will find out shortly what really happened.

And poor Han So hee. Can anyone explain to me what is the big deal with tatoos? Why the hate comments? It is such a normal thing these days...

its because she's a girl, because the society holds this precious image when it comes to genders and how they should be expressed and portrayed in real life especially for women, its sad knowing that she's receiving hate for expressing herself (even though I do agree that smoking is bad, it is still her right if she wants to smoke, just because she smokes doesn't mean she's a bad person). No one bats an eye if male actors/idols do this activities but everyone freaks out just because a girl do these things too (although we shouldn't compare, its bad, but the patriarchal system is just too meh)

Just like when Sun-woo's character cheated, I was so disappointed since why should she cheat? But then I realized why shouldn't she?, to think that I was okay with her husband cheating because its always been accepted in the society that men cheat but women shouldn't, that when I realized that I'm stereotyping these characters to the standards set in the society

I am OK with SunWoo cheating her husband because it is for good cause. She needs to get back her life, son and wealth... I just hope she does not fall in love with Je Hyuk because I think he is a jerk, a coward... I prefer the new doctor in town.

For me, it's one of the best dramas I've ever watched in 10 years of dreamland haha. I am really hooked and I am looking forward to watching the next episode tomorrow. I did not know really much Kim Hee Ae. Oh, she is a great actress. I am a big fan now :D Since this amazing drama has begun, I watched Wifes Credentials, Second to Last Love and Noonas Overs Flowers (I have time with the confinement). I really liked these dramas and show.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200410000707&np=1&mp=1

[Herald Review] How ‘World of Married’ escaped being cliche love affair story

By Choi Ji-won | April 10, 2020

4EEEDD82-E1A7-4139-A679-FB070ED6C659.jpg

"The World of the Married" (JTBC)

At first sight, JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday series “The World of the Married” seems like just another average Korean love affair TV drama, but this one seems to be taking a different path. 

Ji Sun-woo, played by 53-year-old veteran actress Kim Hee-ae, is simply perfect: an established doctor at work, an ideal wife and a doting mother. She faces a personal crisis in life when she finds out her husband Tae-oh is having an affair.

The series does not drag on with the cliche story of the betrayed becoming doubtful, then trying to have meaningless faith in one’s partner and tracking down evidence of the extramarital affair. Instead, the affair is fully revealed in the first episode.

“The fact that the cheating is revealed in the first episode shows that cheating itself is not what the story will expand on, but is only the motif of the story, which focuses on the main character and her surrounding relationships,” TV drama critic Yun Suk-jin told The Korea Herald.

JTBC producer Mo Wan-il stated a similar sentiment on the drama, which was adapted from megahit BBC series “Doctor Foster.”

“While the original storyline is focused more on the main character, in adapting the story for the Korean drama we wanted to portray a whirlwind of emotions to rage around the main character and the people around her,” Mo said during a preview press conference on March 26.

With the dramatic opening of the 16-episode season, “The World of the Married” makes a smooth landing on the small screen with its viewership ratings of 6.26 percent, getting a head start even compared to “SKY Castle,” which remains the broadcaster‘s most popular drama series. 

As the following episodes portray Sun-woo meticulously planning out her revenge on Tae-oh, while being cool-headed as she comes to face his young lover Da-kyung, ratings soared by the episode, marking its own highest viewership of 14 percent on the fourth episode that aired Saturday.

2235F524-A9FB-4788-A031-56BB0BDB5304.jpg

"The World of the Married" (JTBC)

The story turns into a psychological thriller as Sun-woo rejects becoming the tragic protagonist betrayed by her husband, but determines to take charge of the situation by ridding Tae-oh from a life where everything else remains close to perfection. 

She even cheats with Tae-oh’s friend and accountant manager Je-hyuk -- not for emotional revenge on Tae-oh, but to trap Je-hyuk into giving her Tae-oh’s financial documents.

Here, Sun-woo goes a step further to smash stereotypes by telling willful cheater Je-hyuk, “It’s not that women don’t know how to cheat. We’re just trying to keep the faith.”

“Cheating itself is unethical, but the curiosity that everyone has about something considered as a taboo -- that they themselves would not commit but wonder about -- makes people keep on watching the show,” said TV critic Yun, who is also a professor at Chungnam University.

As to how the story will unfold, he added, “Because ‘The World of the Married’ is not just another play on prosaic justice, it will not show Sun-woo taking easy revenge on her husband. It is predictable that the following episodes will hold a twist for Sun-woo, since the drama intends to show her, who is seemingly perfect on the outside, as just another ordinary person with suppressed desires inside her.”

Actors Park Hae-joon, Han So-hee and Kim Young-min respectively take on the roles of Tae-oh, Da-kyung and Je-hyuk.

The fifth episode of “The World of the Married” will air at 10:50 p.m. Friday.

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

28 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Finally something to look forward too :joy:
# Yes sister beat him up in tomorrow episode

Ikr,  I was waiting for you to bring laughing tears again :lol: I'm gonna slow motion that moment. So satisfying!

On 4/9/2020 at 12:16 PM, poppie said:

I watched Wifes Credentials, Second to Last Love and Noonas Overs Flowers (I have time with the confinement). I really liked these dramas and show.

Secret (Love) Affair is one to watch if you haven't already, it was the one that got me hooked on KHA, she's amazing :)

Archived