[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MIL couldn't handle the shock but what she asked of Sun Woo was unbelievable. She wanted her to forgive her son. Seriously LoL. And then at the funeral, he went into the arms of the other woman tsk. While playin' his & Sun Woo's proposal song for goodness sakes! So much for My One and Only Love. By the way I adore Sting LoL. 

I can't believe the audacity of the bastard, acting as if nothin' was wrong. He even dare say he loves both women WoW. At least in VIP the husband (sort of) had a conscience LoL. And we didn't really see him reciprocating the hussy's advances - it seemed more out of pity tbh. Whereas here, the bastard dare flaunts it in front of his wife.  

Wow, the son is as selfish as the dad... sorry boy, you don't get to decide your parents divorce or not. He looks big but he is still so immature. He'd rather his mother suffer in a broken marriage. Do I even want to hope that he will grow up and understand her mother's position, be on her side? And then the MIL too, another selfish being. Why must SW be the only one to bear the hardships, the consequences? and with her current health condition, she dared say "divorce over my dead body"? especially since she surely knows that SW is the one who has been paying for the hospital bills.

I don't usually approve of divorce, but this guy is too much. No remorse and all lies. Such a lame and selfish man. An opportunist and suck-up weakling. At this point, I appreciate SW's colleague who warned the husband about SW tailing him. At least she seems to be the only one who have SW's best interest and on her side, albeit she has some old-fashioned concept of a divorced woman. I don't blame her for having this thought since the society is that mean to divorced women.

Somehow I have a feeling this drama will end in bloodbath.

This is going to be even crazier as time passes.

The husband is spoiled rotten enough (or maybe narcissistic enough) to actually believe that he could love both women. I would believe he could love his mistress, but him hurting his wife is so completely against any concept of love that I can understand. And I'm surprised she still even talks to her "friend" like nothing happens; taking advice from her like she ever cared. I'm already getting an adrenaline rush thinking about how she is going to get revenge on everybody.

6 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The MIL couldn't handle the shock but what she asked of Sun Woo was unbelievable. She wanted her to forgive her son

Every single mother-in-law or elderly person in these types of shows seem to have the most selfish/spoiled requests ever heard, but I had an aneurysm when she told her it was her fault.

1 hour ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

This drama only need first episode to know which one. And yeah this drama.is so damn dark and everything feel so fast. Idk whether i could watch it without swearing or feel for kim hee ae character. Maybe ill wait until i can binge it because i just couldnt wait every week like vip because my brain will had so many theories just like what happen before

I would have been with you in the beginning. However, I made a choice of following the drama every single week over waiting to binge watch at some point during the airing period. The rationale was I'd better patient and learn patience rather than relentless anticipation about what's going on. Another motivation was that It's been so fun catching up with all people in the forum especially during the lockdown.

2 hours ago, SaiSai1988 said:

EPISODE 3

Nationwide - 11.882 (2.59 Million Viewers)
Seoul - 14.016 (1.498 Million Viewers)

Great. I was afraid people would drop due to possibly mediocre and predictable storyline as well as movie theme.

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Seriously the wife need to show him how to-be Her one & only love  :D

And seriously, your posts are always so entertaining. I'm looking forwards to seeing it everyday  ha ha.

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The MIL couldn't handle the shock but what she asked of Sun Woo was unbelievable. She wanted her to forgive her son. Seriously LoL. And then at the funeral, he went into the arms of the other woman tsk. While playin' his & Sun Woo's proposal song for goodness sakes! So much for My One and Only Love. By the way I adore Sting LoL. 

I can't believe the audacity of the bastard, acting as if nothin' was wrong. He even dare say he loves both women WoW. At least in VIP the husband (sort of) had a conscience LoL. And we didn't really see him reciprocating the hussy's advances - it seemed more out of pity tbh. Whereas here, the bastard dare flaunts it in front of his wife.  

Yeah, I cannot agree with you more. Normally, when we say we love two (or even more) people at the same time, equivalently it means we love them for different intents and purposes whilst love is supposed to be unconditional. Sad. I could feel my anger to the neck watching the scene where he confided in with Sun-Woo's colleague doctor. Disgusting 1st time! The car scene during the funeral. Disgusting 2nd time. The scene where he kissed a** Da Kyung's parents (the President family). Disgusting 3rd time. I feel like I can find filthy scenes everywhere, every scene in this particular episode.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wow, the son is as selfish as the dad... sorry boy, you don't get to decide your parents divorce or not. He looks big but he is still so immature. He'd rather his mother suffer in a broken marriage. Do I even want to hope that he will grow up and understand her mother's position, be on her side? And then the MIL too, another selfish being. Why must SW be the only one to bear the hardships, the consequences? and with her current health condition, she dared say "divorce over my dead body"? especially since she surely knows that SW is the one who has been paying for the hospital bills.

I don't usually approve of divorce, but this guy is too much. No remorse and all lies. Such a lame and selfish man. An opportunist and suck-up weakling. At this point, I appreciate SW's colleague who warned the husband about SW tailing him. At least she seems to be the only one who have SW's best interest and on her side, albeit she has some old-fashioned concept of a divorced woman. I don't blame her for having this thought since the society is that mean to divorced women.

I think if we recall, at the funeral scene,  the boy actually showed some reaction towards his dad when seeing him unusually noticeable welcoming to Da Kyung's parents. I would forgive him when he said that to his mom. Probably, he's still too young and the way he perceived the situation would be something like "it's not that bad, you two can reconcile and continue living in peace". The only thing I don't like is that (hopefully the English translation is accurate) "I'm just saying" and then left. This is an early sign of a selfish and irresponsible man in the near future.

i started watching this last week. lol the husband is trash, basically using both ladies (DK for her family/dad and SW for her funds) i don't like DK too much either atm haven't seen enough of her yet

cant believe he took out a mortgage loan???! and a loan under his sons name...

34 minutes ago, Melody_06 said:
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think if we recall, at the funeral scene,  the boy actually showed some reaction towards his dad when seeing him unusually noticeable welcoming to Da Kyung's parents. I would forgive him when he said that to his mom. Probably, he's still too young and the way he perceived the situation would be something like "it's not that bad, you two can reconcile and continue living in peace". The only thing I don't like is that (hopefully the English translation is accurate) "I'm just saying" and then left. This is an early sign of a selfish and irresponsible man in the near future

The Chinese subs also said something similar to “I’m just saying”... it’s as if he is mentioning it in passing. But, he is making a very clear request, or should I say a demand, for his mother not to divorce his father. I am assuming he saw the father kissed the girl and that was why he got upset and went home early by himself. What is difficult for me to accept is that he is already a teenager, no longer a little kid. He can judge who is in the right, who is in the wrong. Yet knowing what his father did; he was still happily playing video game with his dad (when SW accidentally cut herself). Even kids younger than him know whose side to stand by. Fine, he may feel more comfortable asking such things from his mother, but he shouldn’t overlook his father’s affair and act so friendly with him as if nothing is wrong. Is he not angry at all for his mother that his father was kissing another girl?? This boy does not love his mother. He loves himself first.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392278wpp/the-world-of-the-married-sees-significant-jump-in-ratings-with-latest-episodes

“The World Of The Married” Sees Significant Jump In Ratings With Latest Episodes

Apr 3, 2020
by R. Jun

F225F289-1C28-4321-97B9-C4219F90BBCF.png

JTBC’s “The World of the Married” is seeing significant jumps in ratings with each passing episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 4 broadcast of the drama recorded an average of 11.9 percent viewership nationwide, nearly a 2-point increase from its previous episode, which hit 10.0 percent. The premiere episode recorded 6.3 percent viewership.

SBS’s “Hyena” saw a minor dip in ratings, recording 9.7 and 10.6 percent on Friday. Its previous episode recorded 10.8 percent.

Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon hit 0.8 percent viewership, a 0.1 point increase from the previous episode.

Source (1) (2)

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The boy might not know better. I think he might have seen his dad kiss Da Kyung at the party, but we are not sure. We only know that the patient with the weird itch saw it and took a picture of it (my gut feeling is that he will play an important role, but I digress).

Suppose the boy did not see anything, but only overheard his mom and dad arguing, then I understand his view. He is of course young, but he might also think that his father and mother are in a loveless marriage. To be fair, you do not really need to love each other from here to the moon to stay married. The flame of many couples burn out after kids, but many people stay together more as friends or out of convenience for their kids. Nothing wrong per say and in my opinion a loveless marriage is not necessarily an unstable marriage. It can be a responsible and mature thing to do to make sure that the son does not grow up in a broken family. Society nowadays treat the institution of marriage/family as a disposable item, which is not good either. The only scenario when divorce can be a shotgun decision is when there are no kids involved (i.e. the possibility of a clean breakup).

What makes this an unreedamable marriage is the fact that the husband cheated, knocked his lover up and took out a loan on his mortgage and even on his son's insurance. These are exactly the pieces of information that his son does not know about, but we do as the viewer. His mother hid the fact that his dad knocked his lover up and took out a loan under his name to pay for his lover's lavish lifestyle. I am sure the kid will stand by his mother when he knows about this.

I can't wait to see how the revenge will envelop. Min Hyun Seo is a total dog (in a positive sense). She comes from a troubled background. She will definitely devour Da Kyung if Sun Woo fails to do it.

The British version of this drama has multiple seasons.  I don’t think I can make it through these 16 painful episodes.  I’ll come back at the end to see how it wraps up because it’s too infuriating for me to watch.  The main female lead’s plan of masochism is not realistic IMO.

37513bf74f6ac8af2b3656ab5b56afbcff6163df

No, I don`t. :crazy:

We don`t have to seeing a drama  a contrived villain that a writer creats for audience to hate. I don`t really hate those kind of villains but this man, who can exist very well among us, makes my blood boil.

To make out with his mistress in the car near the funeral home is the cherry on top but there are so many things that infuriated me watching this episode.

She has to find direct evidence that her husband is cheating her for her to get a divorce. How about all their friends know that he cheated? His mistress is pregnant.

The son is putting extra pressue because he doesn`t want their parents to divorce. I will give him some slack for the moment because he is young and it is difficult for a child to handdle the separation of their parents.

The mother in law suffered all her life because of her husband but still is on her son`s side and she even accuded Sun Woo that she did not let him breath in the marriage? :angry: That "poor son" is a grown up man and because his father was a bad exemple that is not an excuse to became so shamless now. She paid for mother in law`s surgery and hospital bills, nursing home and any other outgoings but she is to "blame" because of her son`s behavior?

I was so angry with the heroine because that useless man not only he did not bring money at home all these years but he spent the money his wife made, even with his mistress. He emptied the trust found for their son and he even mortgaged the house without announcing her wife.

What said her colleague about divorce woman in Korean society and not only there might be correct. That`s really sad. Karma? Justice? The woman will suffer more after a divorce even when she did not do anything wrong. After divorce, Lee Tae Oh will be with his young mistress, he will marry her, have another child, having his rich in-laws too? So not fair.  But I still want him out of her life and out of her mind. But...

BTW, It is uncomfortable to watch Son Je-Hyuk, a married man, watching Sun woo with puppy love eyes too.

I need to watch an episode from a  romantic comedy after watching this drama.

The rating proves that people enjoy this kind of drama. The rating beats Hyena, which is also my favorite drama.

Let's send all the hate to Tae Oh and Da Kyung. They'll get all the hate during this drama.

Her colleague said the truth. This is the society. It's unfair. That's why sometimes why some women don't want to get divorce, so they both will be ruined. Not only the women's. 

I cannot hold it back and decide to watch raw. One conclusion which might ruin my ideal concept about childhood and the innocence of most of kids. I dislike the boy. Sun Woo's son really sided with his dad.

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

:mrgreen:

@Ameera Ali I realize another truth is that next time when I read your post make sure I'm not with the boys and the girls near my desk/iPad. :lol:

I disgust at myself for slightly felt sympathetic when i saw him crying with that woman, like wtf girl i must be crazy! Thankfully i came back to my sense immediately

tenor.gif

So, Tae Oh’s father also cheated? Lol this man cannot be more insane. He knew and understood it very well what his Mother and himself had going through because of his father affair, and now what? He indirectly told Sun Woo  and Joon Young “now this is your turn to experience the hell! Aha!”

Anw i’m 100% rooting for Sun Woo to destroy Tae Oh in a Smart and Classy way. I won’t even complain if the rest 13 eps will be showing his suffering.

but! please, don’t do shameful thing, Sun Woo. I know i’ll certainly drop this drama if she goes with “i also can do what he can do”

Keep the distance with Jehyuk

This drama is...... insane holy crap.

I dont think i am ready yet to finish it all. 

This is like next level play of disgusting act and pettiness from both side. And sun woo sleeping with je hyuk and use it as a threat to him too...

This is the show that shows what would happen when affairs goes very wrong.

So if u are new to kdramaland.

There are many types of Affair that happen but this one is the top of the top. I dont think any drama will beat the craziness of this drama in a while. 

What do you guys think?

Rule Number 1: To Be A Boss wife  
Never let a clown husband , try to play you
If he play you, then Rule number 2 
Bed his best friends, then make him a yes men 
And get a pic, and then you press send 
And send a red heart, and send a kissy face
And tell him that his friends, love how you taste:D .. * Cr teacher NM

Ratings[edit]

In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[9]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 27, 2020 6.260% 6.786%
2 March 28, 2020 9.979% 11.023%
3 April 3, 2020 11.882% 14.016%
4 April 4, 2020 13.986% 15.794%
5 April 10, 2020

https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=2_1&area=00&begin_date=20200404

Archived