[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

12 minutes ago, Melody_06 said:

I haven't watched the original series and in intention to keep my mind fresh about the unfolding story as well as eliminate the possible comparison, I will sit tight and wait every week. I remember when tVN remake the series A Good Wife, it was a great work but since I had watched the US version, it was a little bit predictable at some point in the story-line.

I watched the US version and the korean remake of series A Good Life as well and like them both but I know what you mean. If you did not watch the British series of Doctor Foster, it is better to watch only this drama. I watch it so I can tell this remake is very similar. I forgot many scenes but after watching this kdrama, I remember those scene. I remembered the scene where she put the clothes and things of her husband on a suitcase and I knew what happened next. And other scenes. I think it will not comment much about this series just like It happended with Life on Mars remake despite enjoying watching both versions.

I just wonder how the Korean version will end. I remember very clearly how the British drama ended. There was a discussion to do another season but I don`t know if they have continued filming.

I enjoy the acting and how it was filmed. I will continue to watch and check this thread from time to time.

28 minutes ago, Melody_06 said:

There's nothing that could make sense to defend yourself as love two women at the same time. Only selfish and egoless man can utter such crap thing. I wonder to whom he confided that according to the teaser of ep3.

I can understand that he loves both in some degree but what I can not like at all is his indecisiveness. Yes, he is selfish. He wants his wife who is nothing but a lovely wife who suports him but he wants the other woman, much younger, too? He lacks self esteem? He likes that the young woman, who is almost half his age, depends on him? He is not succsesful at work like his wife is. Is that what is eating him inside? But I don`t care how he is feeling. How can he lie so easily when his wife told him to say the truth? He even accused her to be paranoic.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, corey said:

I know nothing about the British drama (did not even know it was a remake until I read this thread), however, I also wonder how the Korean drama will end. After surviving 50 hours of Beautiful Love Wonderful LIfe my guess is that it will all end up with the married couple getting back together and all being forgotten and forgiven. It would be such a shame, thought, becuase then what would be the point of watching this drama and going through the pain?

I won`t tell the ending of the British drama.  ;)

But Dr Foster had two seasons (each had 5-6 episodes) and there was a time jump. Because they had in mind another season, the ending could have been better. I don`t know how this Korean version tell the story or how will end. That makes me interested. I like that they have now 16 episode to tell their whole story. I hope they have a coherent story from start to finish.

I wanted the same thing then (when I watched the original version) and now. Forget that useless man!

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/03/688_286980.html

Drama 'The World of the Married' off to smooth start

By Dong Sun-hwa | 2020-03-29

7D319399-3252-4B39-9E16-4594FF475A61.jpg

JTBC's new TV series "The World of the Married," starring Kim Hee-ae, left, and Park Hae-joon, premiered on Friday. Courtesy of JTBC Studios

Cable channel JTBC's drama "The World of the Married" has got off to a smooth start.

The second episode of the TV series recorded 11 percent viewership in the metropolitan area, according to Nielsen Korea. This was the highest ratings among all cable channel programs aired Saturday. The first episode's viewership was 6.3 percent. 

Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon star in the 16-part soap opera. It revolves around doctor Ji Sun-woo (Kim) who used to live in a picture-perfect world with her husband Lee Tae-oh (Park). But after she realizes he has been cheating on her, Ji's world virtually falls apart and she plans to revenge. 

The first six episodes are rated adult-only. 

"Ji is a multi-faceted character who is feeble and fearful at the same time," Kim Hee-ae said during an online press conference, Thursday. "It was challenging to play the role, but rewarding as well." 

"The World of the Married" is based on BBC One's sensational series "Doctor Foster" penned by Mike Bartlett. Its first season became the highest-rated new drama of 2015 in the UK, with the final episode garnering more than 10 million viewers there. The second season aired in 2017. 

Mo Wan-il, producer of the Korean version, said, "We want to reveal the deeper sides of love and a married couple through the soap opera. Unlike the original work that focuses on a protagonist, we veered off by centering on the relationships among different characters."

"The World of the Married" airs every Friday and Saturday at 10:50 p.m. (KST). 

I wonder if the mistress planned to get pregnant on purpose? Because  I thought that there were condoms in the backpack. 

I think she purposely put her lipstick in his coat which I believe is the lipstick that fell on the floor when Sun Woo picked up the coat.  It seems like the mistress really wants the lousy husband to tell the wife so that he can come to her. 

Also, I think Sun Woo needs to get new friends because those are really awful friends.  Even the apology from that one doctor "friend" wasn't very sincere. 

@Ameera Ali- I always love your gifs!!  When I saw how Han So Hee was the mistress, I was like how could she do this to Moo Yeon aka KJY, our oppa, aren't they the dandelion couple!! :lol:  Also,  @Ameera Ali and @corey and @ktcjdrama if we only had this much kissing in BLWL between you know who.  :blush:

@corey (I just had to copy and paste what you wrote): 

After surviving 50 hours of Beautiful Love Wonderful LIfe my guess is that it will all end up with the married couple getting back together and all being forgotten and forgiven. It would be such a shame, thought, becuase then what would be the point of watching this drama and going through the pain?

It looks like Sun Woo is torn as to what to do.  I think she feels bad for her son if she were to end things.  I'm curious to see what the lame husband's reasons were. I wonder if the husband and wife would just go their separate ways?  I don't think it will turn out the way BLWL was though. At least I don't think so. 

Also - I almost gave up watching when the pregnancy of the GF was revealed. As one of the characters pointed out in the drama, this is such a disgusting situation. But the scene with the husband denying the relationship brought me back! I want him to suffer!

He totally deserves to suffer.   There was so much devastating news that Sun Woo had to find out.  The fact that she is the one who did the exam to find out that her husband's mistress was pregnant.  This poor woman!   But she seems really tough too like when she got the girl away from the abusive boyfriend. And how she was able to stay composed even after finding out the truth of how everyone betrayed her. 

ANd yes, I also find it weird that SW so easily forgave her friend for not telling her about the relationship and spying on her for her husband!

Did she forgive her or is she just using her to be a double agent?  The friend had such a lame reason for the whole situation .  It feels like the only one that Sun Woo can trust is that girl. 

@cococahpi @Ameera Ali @corey hello!:D I wasn’t watching any drama after BLWL ended. But out of curiosity I watched ep 1 of World Of The Married. 

@cococahpi when I saw the actress HSH I knew she would be the mistress.:lol: I remember her playing similar type of role in another drama. 

The lead actress KHA is pretty amazing! Her acting chops!B)

@Ameera Ali as usual enjoying your gifs especially the one pointing at the loser!:lol:

1 hour ago, icemaid said:

when I saw the actress HSH I knew she would be the mistress.:lol: I remember her playing similar type of role in another drama. 

Hi @icemaid !  I was curious about this one because of Han So Hee. Was she also a mistress in Abyss?  At first I thought it was going to be the secretary or the rich man's wife.... or Han So Hee's characters mom.

@Ameera Ali  So True!  Alright, I'm ready. :blush:  At least it is 16 episodes. :blush:

@Fabbo Who is JTBC?

48 minutes ago, cococahpi said:

Hi @icemaid !  I was curious about this one because of Han So Hee. Was she also a mistress in Abyss?  At first I thought it was going to be the secretary or the rich man's wife.... or Han So Hee's characters mom.

@Fabbo Who is JTBC?

She is the scamming girlfriend in Abyss. 

JTBC is the network airing this drama :lol: well known in making great dramas. 

Yeah what i meant is that Kim Hee-Ae has a very impressive track record with JTBC. 

A Wife's Credentials (2012), Secret Love Affair (2014) and now this one.

Her earlier two dramas are with An Pan-Seok and hold a place among the very best dramas if you ask me.  

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@icemaid , @cococahpi nice to see you here , our OTP is so innocent for this kind of kissing  :joy:

but let’s enjoy together this new ride , I can’t wait for wife payback :D

@Ameera Ali just wanna drop off real quick that I'm dead of your gift. Gosh. I just keep replaying it. Do they really have something to do with each other? Well, I want to see her smart, elegant and perfect in her revenge machination. Don't be too cheap and mediocre.

Ok honestly, it's been a bit hard to focus on Kdramas these days with all the uncertainty and sad news around the world right now. After ITAEWON, I've been looking for a drama that will draw me in and make me forget about the real world and this is the one.  First ep was good! Not a single dull moment with all the suspense and building up to that last scene. Can't wait to see what's next!

@ktcjdrama hello! Nice to see you here too. :D

@cococahpi HSH is also the hidden lover/mistress in Money Flower.

She has this saucy look and manner hence get type cast for several dramas.

PDs usually have keen eyes.;)

@Ameera Ali right haha how Sun Woo kissed her husband during his birthday celebration.

Infront of all the guests with the mistress watching. Thanks for the gif! B)

ezgif-4-993f29125fb2.gif

I haven't caught up with ep 2 yet. Back later.

@corey  @icemaid Sounds like she is being type cast as the mistress, just like Moon Hae Rang or Jo Woori.  

I had major BLWL withdrawals but getting better each day. @icemaid @corey:blush: 

I think I am only used to watching KBS dramas but what are the other drama stations like.  

So sounds like JTBC produces good dramas.  This one doesn't seem as conservative like KBS with all the kissing scenes! :grin:

1 hour ago, corey said:

I very much hope she is using her as a double agent. I am craving smart female characters with some cunning and balls , as compared to one dimensional saints, idiots,  pure villains and loud-mouthed villains.

Yes, that will be good to see that and definitely make it more exciting and suspenseful!! 

3 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Yeah what i meant is that Kim Hee-Ae has a very impressive track record with JTBC. 

A Wife's Credentials (2012), Secret Love Affair (2014) and now this one.

Her earlier two dramas are with An Pan-Seok and hold a place among the very best dramas if you ask me.  

It's my first time seeing her act.  I was reading up on her and seems like she is a very prolific and seasoned actress.  I will have to check out those dramas. 

2 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

Well, I want to see her smart, elegant and perfect in her revenge machination. Don't be too cheap and mediocre.

Same here!  I'm excited to see what Sun Woo will do. 

If the director can keep it up, 20% is a piece of cake for this drama.

we already see JTBC previous Time slot Holder Itaewon who after the big breakthrough in week 3 with double digit stay at 10%+ until  the end of the airing. 

this one already got almost double digit ( 9.979% from episode 2 )

its so beautiful too see the ladies that in the age of not young anymore and need to know themself to get this high rating just like what kim hee ae said in her interview that she always grateful for the chance to act once more. 

and by the reception of the netz and the way misty goes ( minus the ending ) i can see this drama gain 20% by the end of the airing.

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

I don’t think so. His wife more success than him but the reason he cheats is not this. It is his itchy feelings that needs to be scratch. 

Hopefully they explain more the reasons behind his "cheating" and what pushed him to do such a crime, would be very confused if they go with the "I love both of them" route.

In other news, wow the ratings for the second episode being 2 digits already (10% from dramabeans). Congrats to the cast and crew hopefully this inspires them to go beyond the box with this one!!! Fighting!!!

I am not so sure if he wants her to have a successful career. It obviously makes his life a lot easier. But he seems to be one of those who can't handle his wife being more successful than him. Well and him desperately wanting to be this big shot producer but failing makes it even worse. The scene where everyone ignored him at the dinner party and then started to pay attention when she showed up was gold.

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

He wants a young and pretty girl. Fresh meat. Eye candy. Long hair who can satisfied him on bed. If he loves this girl, he will asked to divorce. 

His wife is pretty hot too. Beautiful and smart. From what I saw she can satisfied him in bed, alright.  I know that being young and pretty is more atractive but if he is not a sex addict, maybe he needs this girl to satisfy his ego. I don`t know.

We won`t know if he really loves this girl because now that she is pregnant he will be there for her.

He needs money for his films. Maybe one of the reasons that he approached Da Kyung was not only because she is young and beautiful but because her father is rich? 

But why I am talking about this useless man? I want him out of Sun Woo`s life. But this drama it is not what I want. :D

I don’t understand why DY is asking him to leave his wife and marry her. I doubt her father will approve her choice for a husband. Pretty sure the husband knows he won’t be able to marry this girl easily, so he is just having fun with her, not intending to divorce his wife. 

Archived