[Drama 2020] The World of Husband and Wife/The World of the Married, 부부의 세계

larus

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

Got caught up on all the episodes so far.  Is this a remake ?  of another drama.

It is a remake of the UK BBC "Dr Foster", which has 10 episodes (2 seasons). At one moment, the talked about an another season because it has an open ending.

There would be a time jump. If you look at the beginning of episode 5, when TO checks SW's phone, the date is 17/11/02 and 17/11/03 for taxi's or uber's bill :o

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is following dr foster timeline right..

The time jump and so on. Now things gonna be interesting. Let see how the drama goes now. 

This drama is so fast ( mostly because it is also escalating quickly in the UK version )

And dont forget one episode is like 80-90 minute. 

And yeah da kyung got her baby with tae oh and marriage with tae oh. Hot damn 

4 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

The plot is escalating pretty fast. I don't expect she revealed the secret on last night eps. The story is focusing on Sun Woo's revenge so it's pretty much a makjang. But it's okay since many enjoy it and helpful to reach great rating.

The pace is like roller coaster which is the one I'm scared the most. Only 6 episodes but I feel like I want to to check my blood pressure. Too intense and too dark yet too sad and too real. Domestic violence and infidelity, both of them I've seen through my friends. These things are real (except that it's a tad more dramatized (of course)).

6th episode feels like a finale. 

DAEBAK ! I am so excited for the next episodes. This show is so addictive. KHA is amazing and deserves a Daesang

But could you explain me why SW keeps her wedding ring after the time jump. If I was her, I would have thrown it in the sea HAHA. Just saying :D

Kinda sad and sickening how the parents tried to emotionally manipulate their son to take their side. Like in reality though the children are the ones caught in the crossfire during custody battles and divorce

https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=2_1&area=00&begin_date=20200411

Ratings

In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 27, 2020 6.260% 6.786%
2 March 28, 2020 9.979% 11.023%
3 April 3, 2020 11.882% 14.016%
4 April 4, 2020 13.979% 16.261%
5 April 10, 2020 14.676% 16.118%
6 April 11, 2020 18.816% 21.390%
7 April 17, 2020

List of highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television

The following dramas air on a cable channel/pay TV which normally has a relatively smaller audience compared to free-to-air TV/public  broadcasters (KBS, SBS, MBC, and EBS).

1. Sky Castle (JTBC) - 23.779%

2. Crash Landing on You (tvN) - 21.683%

3. The World of the Married (JTBC) - 18.816%

4. Reply 1988 (tvN) - 18.803%

5. Goblin (tvN) - 18.680%

6. Mr. Sunshine (tvN) - 18.129%

7. Itaewon Class (JTBC) - 16.548%

If it does not break the ratings of Sky Castle, I don't know what will... This show is on steroids... Must admit, I always hate it when there is some shining knight in armor appearing out of nowhere, but I do think that the psychiatrist should get together with Sun Woo. And Tae Oh is really one big knob...

Korean rating 18.816%

Seoul rating 21.390 %

This drama is on way to beat sky castle. Setting new standard for cable drama. Cable dramas has won public over public channels. Most people trust cable now

We have to give kim hee ae salute for her longevity when we know industry's ageism is open to all. I wish my fave lee young ae had shown same desire like her to stay at top because she was top most when she retired. Sigh

Some people can say crona lockdown might have given some boost but  still getting 18% , not even halfway is huge. I wish it get international love like other dramas too and wish it was on netflix. 

I think older audience finally got something to watch. Which interests them. A good show with great actors.

If you check nielsen

Even previous episodes 2 retelecast got 4% and 2.7% lol. More than some dramas lol. Its huge in korea. 

One JTBC Geumto Drama (Couple World) 18.816
2 JTBC You know 8.371
3 TV CHOSUN I'll sing the song for you 5.895
4 TV CHOSUN We will sing the song for you. Part 2 of Love Call Center 5.052
5 TV CHOSUN TV Chosun News 7 4.948
6 TV CHOSUN Strong enemies 4.872
7 JTBC Geumto Drama (Couple World <Re>) 3.929
8 MBN MBN News Wide 2.890
9 JTBC Geumto Drama (Couple World <Re>) 2.792

39 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Some people can say crona lockdown might have given some boost.....

several current shows are getting less than 2% ratings: KBS ‘Welcome’ (1.6%), tvN ‘A Piece of Your Mind’ (1.6%), JTBC ‘When the Weather is Fine” (around 2%). tvN ‘Hi, Bye Mama’ got 4.707% today, its number is a lot lower than tvN’s previous sat/sun drama (same time slot) ‘Crash Landing on You’ (Dec 2019-Feb 2020).

Spoiler

Romance dramas fail to attract S. Korean TV viewers
https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200410003400315

The ratings of JTBC ‘The World of the Married’ and tvN ‘Hospital Playlist’ keep climbing with its successive episode.   

56 minutes ago, alexaze said:

Top 3 cable dramas in only 6 episodes?!

If the drama keeps it up, it’s just a matter of how high its rating will go.

—————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393776wpp/the-world-of-the-married-overtakes-itaewon-class-to-become-2nd-highest-rated-drama-in-jtbc-history

“The World Of The Married” Overtakes “Itaewon Class” To Become 2nd Highest-Rated Drama In JTBC History

Apr 11, 2020
by E. Cha

4633286D-AB95-4C18-9D51-E6A13A10FA4B.jpg

JTBC’s new drama “The World of the Married” shows no signs of slowing down!

Last month, “The World of the Married” made JTBC history with its premiere, setting a new record for the highest ratings achieved by the first episode of any JTBC drama. In the weeks since, the drama has become a certified hit, reaching a new all-time high in viewership ratings with each new episode.

Its latest episode proved no exception: on April 11, the sixth episode of “The World of the Married” scored average ratings of 18.8 percent nationwide and 21.4 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area, marking a significant jump from its previous record of 14.7 percent and 16.1 percent from the night before.

Not only did the ratings mark a new personal best for the drama, but just six episodes into its run, “The World of the Married” has already overtaken “Itaewon Class” to achieve the second-highest viewership ratings in JTBC drama history. (“Itaewon Class” achieved the highest ratings of its run during its finale, which scored average ratings of 16.5 percent nationwide and 18.3 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.)

“The World of the Married” is now second only to the smash hit “SKY Castle,” which holds the record for the highest viewership ratings in the history of any Korean cable network (not just JTBC) after scoring a nationwide average of 23.78 percent during its finale.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The World of the Married” on their impressive achievement!

If you haven’t already seen it (or even if you have!), you can watch “SKY Castle” with English subtitles below:

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

So of course the rich girl got forgiven by her parents and got the baby and the jerk. The cheating husband got the young wealthy mistress and a new kid and obviously money from the father-in-law. And now he's coming back for revenge! This is so messed up! 

8 minutes ago, hell59 said:

So of course the rich girl got forgiven by her parents and got the baby and the jerk. The cheating husband got the young wealthy mistress and a new kid and obviously money from the father-in-law. And now he's coming back for revenge! This is so messed up! 

I have to agree... am hesitating if I want to continue watching. 

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have to agree... am hesitating if I want to continue watching. 

Hoho you will be seeing makjang above makjang in this drama after this. Because the ending is like the introduction of S2 doctor foster. 

Now it will be sucks if they follow doctor foster s2 timeline because the shows goes even darker involving suicide and overall petty and brutal fight between The male and female fight over the son. 

I hope the director did something to it and make their own twist. 

@Helena,i dont agree that romance kdrama doesnt attract Viewers.

I think it involves more complex variable with rating not only from genre alone.

Let see the "romance" involve drama that hit big recently

1. CLOY - 21.683% peak ( 2nd highest tv cable rating ever ) 

2. Itaewon Class - 16.548% peak

3. Dr Romantic 2 - 27.1% peak ( highest public tv drama rating this year ) 

4. When the camelia blooms - 23.8% peak ( highest public tv drama rating in 2019 ) 

5. Hospital playlist - 11.321% ( still airing and rising fast too just like this dram ) 

Now let see how can these 5 drama hit really big with Romance genre 

1. Crash Landing On You ( The perfect combination of... Unique storyline,Two A+ Actors that many shipped,A+ Writter, and overall the chemistry between the leads that make people want to watch the drama based on the romance alone.

2.itaewon class ( combination of A+ actor,very popular webtoon adaptation, and overall great story to bring topic about youthness and from underdog to winner. Romance? Ofcourse there is a lot in this drama with the three way love between the leads and ofcourse the other side character stands out that help the drama reach very high rating ) 

3.Dr romantic 2 ( A sequel to a very popular drama and overall new leads chemistry that is as good as season 1 leads + more bubbling support character and storyline that helps to reach all time high for the franchise )

And more..

Now if u ask me why the other drama fail or got bad rating ( romance involved )

1. Welcome is... weird with the cat things and from the first glance i knew this drama wont get good rating and is not the taste of k netz at all + the story is not engaging enough ( hell even forest which is a romance drama too still got 7-10% rating )

2. A piece of your mind ( a real tragedy of how slow pace your drama that maybe aim for a great cinematography and unique experience but turn bad real quick. The gamble of taking the weird and slow approach to the drama kill its. The rating falls down every episode because of how slow it is and not everyone got time.to watch or understand the drama. Even though imo if u bear the pace, the drama is good ) 

3. When the weather is fine ( i dont really watch this drama but the slow rating start from the debut with 1%(?) But slowly climbing now into 2% rating teritorry thanks to the building up chemistry between PMY and SKJ and maybe that kiss help to increase the rating but yeah yet another slow burn heal romance that fail too ) 

4. Hi Bye Mama is different from CLOY in every way possible. The topic is far different and dont forget that the drama had just finished their 1 week hiatus which help to deecrease the rating upon comeback. But i dont agree to call this a whack with romance because really for this one i could say this is melodrama drama not romance. And the fantasy topic is also not in everyone cup of tea so yeah stable viewership is already good enough for this drama. 

Not every drama will be a hit drama. 

It need a right combination to surpass high rating. 

But we know that next week we got new challenger ( different time slot ) The king eternal monarch. The Kim Eun sook drama with lee min ho and kim go eun drama. Romance fantasy drama again.

There is no way the debut rating will be below 10% ( because public tv ) 

I could see a rating galore between this drama and the king. A 20% 20% rating in 1 night would be amazing to watch ( because the last time that happen i think 2017? )

7 minutes ago, hell59 said:

I might have different morals, but I do not really see a problem with her parents forgiving her and their grandkid. It is not like she committed something like murder. Apart from damaging the reputation of her parents, she did not do any harm to them personally. You do not suddenly stop loving your daughter after 22 years (or whatever age she is in the show). They have the right to be angry, but disowning their hardraised kid goes a bit far. 

My problem is with the husband. Not so much the mistress and her parents relationship. And then also why bother to send invitation to her? It’s a lady’s hand, wonder if it’s the mother or DK herself. Two years have passed, still on revenge mode when they’re the ones in the wrong. 

wow damn this show just went next level, watching ep 6 now but havent finished it 

i like the new doctor hehe

don't really like the son..seems like hes like his dad but he's a kid so gotta see his POV and also the cultural views of divorce (hated what he said in front of the cliff/water scene so heart breaking)

ex-husband will always leach off others lol gold digger

hoping once SW is in a healthier state of mind and situation she dates the doc lol, they look good

what excuse for cheating , don’t worry darling when I cheat I :blink:

15866593491586659345.gif

15866595911586659576.gif

15866594951586659491.gif

in next half he will be greedy ( would want his boy for himself only )  & he would lose everything  for it . 

Archived