[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

@Intuition1 I didn't say he didn't win because of his accent, but it could have been a factor. And it wasn't even my personal opinion that his accent was wrong, don't put words in my mouth, if you want to tell a real NK defector that they are wrong about their own country's accents then be my guest. Thats rich to say one person of a country doesn't known an accent when you aren't from said country. She also said Seo Dans accent sounded wonky and she is also considered of the "upper class". And it definitely is important, the accent is part of the character thus likely considered. If an american played james bond, a british character, than the accent would be a big factor on if the character can be pulled off well.

Anyway, I was saying that it isn't surprising KHN won as he's already won previous awards for the same role from different judging panels showing that in Korea at least, his acting for this award season deserved the awards. And as it appears,  the award is more for acting among korean actors, not popular actors this season. If it were, than he and HJW would have won in 2011. I don't even know why people are upset at this as ktwitter doesnt seem to care too much. We all saw during baeksangs that KHN was the leader for this award season.

@ElectricHearts I edited that before I saw your tag

• Like 1
  • Unamused 5
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, blackbeannoodle said:

@Intuition1 I didn't say he didn't win because of his accent, but it could have been a factor. And it wasn't even my personal opinion that his accent was wrong, don't put words in my mouth, if you want to tell a real NK defector that they are wrong about their own country's accents then be my guest. Thats rich to say one person of a country doesn't known an accent when you aren't from said country. She also said Seo Dans accent sounded wonky and she is also considered of the "upper class". And it definitely is important, the accent is part of the character thus likely considered. If an american played james bond, a british character, than the accent would be a big factor on if the character can be pulled off well.

Anyway, I was saying that it isn't surprising KHN won as he's already won previous awards for the same role from different judging panels showing that in Korea at least, his acting for this award season deserved the awards. And as it appears,  the award is more for acting among korean actors, not popular actors this season. If it were, than he and HJW would have won in 2011. I don't even know why people are upset at this as ktwitter doesnt seem to care too much. We all saw during baeksangs that KHN was the leader for this award season.

@ElectricHearts I edited that before I saw your tag

I would like to reiterate the Hallyu awards..what does hallyu mean..in acting , both khn and hyunbin nailed it to its maximum..Some factors should be consider. One is accent..acting the character they are portraying..and we are speaking about Hallyu..still i go for hyun bin

• Like 8
  • Unamused 1

@Intuition1  me too!!!  I tried watching WTCB after CLOY - I abandoned after 6 episodes. I thought the male lead wasn’t really acting but shouting most of the time. Maybe compared to RJH in CLOY, the male lead came across as too loud for me. I also didn’t like the “woe is me” attitude of the female lead. I just wanted to shake her and say, wake up! Get yourself together!  That is just my personal preference - I dislike shows where female leads are shown as helpless - I find myself shouting at the TV screen at them to buck it up. :) I like shows where the FL are strong, intelligent and equal to the ML and not waiting like a damsel in distress.

• Like 9
  • Unamused 2

Yes I remember what the NK defectors said too but I didn't really read much into it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions how one should act especially when it involves accents that is not their main accent. I was actually surprised how many different areas in SK have different dialects. I was trying to make more progress in learning Korean on Duolingo and then eventually gave up :lol: Regardless Binnie has improved on his accent since Confidential Assignment time. I really hope the main reason he isn't interested in CA sequel isn't because he wants to perfect the accent even more :lol: I don't need Binnie to be typecast  :P  If he does end up being interested in doing the sequel, it will have to be the script and not the role (as he has already played this role :lol:). He also said he doesn't do similar roles again like Jinnie. So it is quite interesting if he does do this project or will it be like what happened with Jinnie and Pirates 2. Regardless, if he does take this project, I am sure Jinnie has to have a role in it. It would be a miss opportunity she isn't involved in this project in some form. Plus it is the director of the Pirates doing this movie. 

Let's also remember KHN is in Pirates 2 - and may or may not actually do the drama with Jinnie. If either of them are still thinking of doing this drama at all. KHN looks up to actors like Binnie that is why come Baeksang time he even thanked Binnie and all the other actors nominated. He knows he is the youngest of them and yes far less experience compared to them all. We shouldn't put actors against each other. It is not their fault they win over ones they think should have won instead too. KHN had also said he would have shared his award with them all -  similar to Mean Girls and breaking that award up? :lol: Literally what it sounded like to me when I read his comment then.

All this award show talk and being mad reaction reminds me of my feelings with the Golden Globes vs. Oscars :lol:

After being mad and annoyed at the wins of people that deserve it more, I then shrug it off because I am like w/e they got it wrong :lol: Next time they will show you why you were wrong for not giving them that award :P

:approves:

:wow1:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 5

It's fine.This man has been unlucky for years with awards.He is the actor that has the most "best actor"nominations in Drama category in Baeksang award and hasn't won one.To be honest,the term"hallyu" is more about popularity rather than actual talent.I don't mean that hallyu stars are overrated or untalented,i just say that eventhough hallyu celebs are extremely popular,some of them are really controversial regarding their acting abilities.We are glad that Binnie is not only well known/well loved,but he is also one of the most respected and talented male actors out there.I really hope that this time he will make better decision with Bargaining,and the movie will give much space for him to showcase his wonderful acting.It may sound ridiculous but i'm hoping for a best actor nomination in more prestigious movie awards like Blue Dragon or Grand Bell.This man has been super successful with dramas,and now it is time for him to shine in movies!

• Like 17
  • Love 4

@ElectricHeartsThe International Emmy Awards are something separate to Primetime Emmys. 

https://www.iemmys.tv/entries-judging/categories-key-dates/

Nominations will be announced in Sept, but I don't know if Kdrama/actors generally submit their work or if Korean entries are determined not by actor/management but by professional orgs in SK?  I don't know if there's history of anyone from SK being nominated/awarded? I do recall a TV actor from my home country did get nominated once upon a time. 

But don't get any expectations up, popular hits don't often get attention from award shows.  Not saying CLOY wasn't a critical hit as well and well reviewed, but as I said award shows may go more for heavier shows with serious themes.  

Getting an award is nice recognition from your peers, but sometimes I think fans get more worked up about them than the actors themselves.  I think actors like SYJ and HB and I believe SYJ has said this in an interview, is that she just wants to create a good piece of work/drama that is still good to watch/beloved/not embarrassing when looking back in 10 or 20 years.  I think creating a piece of work that stands the test of time would mean more to them than an award and I think CLOY will be such a piece of work.  Not to mention its popularity beyond borders must surely have exceeded all their expectations and that's a definite mark of a work that's made an impact on audiences around the world. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

@Seriya oh I didn't know about this :lol: I briefly looked at past awards in 2016 where were some South Korean shows that were nominated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/44th_International_Emmy_Awards It doesn't seem to be common though. Since I never heard of the ones in Korea that are mentioned in some of those years I had looked at that had something from Korea nominated. 

I think it is hopefully more fans annoyed about Binnie not getting the award he should have gotten over hopefully him not being as annoyed too :( Regardless, Jinnie must felt bummed that she got the award and he didn't. Even though the show got an award.. in the end you both put that much effort together to make this project. Even though he always keeps saying to watch the drama/movie for her :lol:

Anyways, I think we should get something soon :lol:

:transforms:

slightly off topic but it was brought up already before. Wow It's Okay That's Love episode 11 - really is an episode to watch :lol: not only do they go grocery shopping, talk marriage, babies and food. message text slideshow lol. WOW hahaa. They really play Yoon Mirae's I Love You a lot during this episode. I guess this is why one would think this is the official episode it plays on lol. Since it feels very official in this episode :P 

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 2

Is there a better translation of the Vogue interview somewhere? Because it's got some interesting and in depth comments about their acting but google translate isn't the best here.  I'm more into the words than the pics from this high fashion photo shoot lol.

http://www.vogue.co.kr/2018/08/21/%ec%86%90%ec%98%88%ec%a7%84%ea%b3%bc-%ed%98%84%eb%b9%88%ec%9d%98-%ec%97%90%eb%84%88%ec%a7%80-%ea%b2%8c%ec%9e%84/

Love SYJ even more now that I read she also loves the Before Sunrise/Sunset movies like I do!  SYJ & HB doing a movie like that would be fantastic with their chemistry. But honestly not sure we'll see them act together again, at least not in the near future. 

Also, does anyone know the story behind HB and SYJ's choice of their acting names? HB is something different entirely from his real name.  SYJ changed one character in her name.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

When I first time watched Cloy, it was Captain Ri who captivated me.   Then I started researching Hyun Bin and then I know more about his personality and his other dramas.  I was impressed that each HB drama like I look a different actor.  At that beginning SYJ did not captivate me the way HB own my heart, blame this for me being a girl who wants her man to be like Capt Ri.   However I also watch SYJ dramas and found that she is really beautiful in AMTR.  I found that SYJ dramas more easier to enjoy than HB dramas, but still Hyun Bin oppa owns my heart.  (I read that disregard the age, if the korean guy is handsome we can call him oppa) :Pandabulous:

Then came Baeksang when I saw how HB gained tiktok voting so easily, he already got big number voting in the early days, and I started worrying about SYJ for her voting numbers were not really good.  Looks like Capt Ri/HB has more admires and I worried that SYJ did not have enough fans to get her winning the prize.  It would break my heart if HB would be paired with other actress who was not SYJ.  How happy I am to know they both won tiktok award.   I know then I started to love BinJin. :dontwanna:

Now came SIDA and SYJ won Hallyu Best actress.  I realised I was wrong when I worried about SYJ would not won anything.  With her extensive awards every year, she is really the award queen.  :transforms:

I am disappointed that HB did not win the best actor here, as we are know mostly the talk about CLOY is about how expressive HB with his eyes, small smile, gesture etc.  But seems the jurors there have different opinion.   :sad1:

Hyun Bin oppa, you win all the awards that these fans can give you, you are simply the best and I cannot watch other drama without wishing it was you the lead actor.  :foryou::hooray2:

• Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Son YeJin "Hallyu Actress Award" SDA 2020

" I think i got this award because Cloy received so much love not only in Korea but also internationally" 

Bravo Son Yejin!!!

Hallyu =

Urban Dictionary

"Korean Wave or Korean fever. It refer to the sudden increase in popularity of South Korean culture around the world"

Wikipedia

"a neologism, literally meaning " wave/flow of Korea", is the increase in global popularity of South Korea Culture since 1990s

the fact=

Korean Film Festival 2020 in Philippines from Sept 12 to Oct 2, 

The festival will be  headlines by three of Korea's biggest star, "HyunBin, Son Yejin, Park Seojun"

Japan'news

"Hyunbin's Crash Landing On You fame in Japan reaches Yonsama potensial"

(Mainichi Newspaper, Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi, Aera Asahi Newspaper, Hwang Sung Woon(the director of korean culture center in Japan).

so CLOY just popular internationally, but flop in korea?

Nope!

CLOY rating= 21,683% and peak rating = 24,1%

Our best hallyu actor and actress.

"HyunBin and Son Yejin"

i am bitter? of course!

• Like 10
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

In his post Baeksang interviews, even KHN was surprised that he took home the best actor award and he still couldnt believe that he has the award over the others. No doubt he is also a great actor, all of them are great actors, the judges would have their own reasons but perhaps those characters and dramas with heavier themes were favored (like how WOTMC lead actress bagged the best actress award at Baeksang). In our hearts, HB and SYJ's acting in CLOY is topnotch deserving of best actor and best actress awards.

But for the Hallyu category this year though, it is undeniable for me that it should be both SYJ and HB for CLOY. They both deserve the award. Sad for HB, after all, who doesnt want to win an award right? And it is such a hallmark project for both of them (Professionally and personally). No matter what happens though, they always have each other's back. 

Congratulations to the whole CLOY team and SYJ and HB, for all of their hard work. Lots of love from the fans.

• Like 18
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 3

I am so happy that CLOY finally can win best drama hallyu excellence award, it's really best drama for me but a little bit  disappointed that HB did not win the best actor too, I think both of them work very well, and the drama is very  success all over the world.

I see the photo of  other winners they are holding the trophy during interview (GHJ,KHN,the director cloy) but SYJ isn't , not like the baeksang award when they hold only one trophy during tiktok interview.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, eLizza said:

Aww..such a lovely tweet..

It is indeed true..

"Hyun Bin  oppa is the best actor in my life"- by none other than miss yejinhand .

That's to complete her winning speech..i bet she will be much happier if HB got the hallyu best actor award i mean i don't understand YJ got it but y HB did not? The category is Hallyu?! Well there is nothing we can do on this..i do not care about other but on my point of view when YJ give the speech she seems not totally happy but she is gratefull and im really proud of her but maybe because HB did not win she said it to her self because of HB/RJH she is able to get into her role both of them complement each other w/o RJH there will be no YSR vise-versa. I am not saying YJ should not won because HB did not it is just unfair the category is Hallyu?! SK ent. Y?.Is  the international CF HB endorses still not valid evidences he is an hallyu star YJ and HB brought the Korean Drama  in the pedestal internationally HB is the rightful winner on this.. Okey.. Bye. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Unamused 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2