[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

I'm positive that Hyun bin he is going crazy now celebrating the wife achievement because it means a lot for their household now as a couple. Him not been nominated is not a big deal but for the wife and the cloy it's a big impact. He can't wait to be home to hug and kiss her.She means a lot to him. Now I understand why he went shopping for the dress. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 4

17 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

@NonKoreanMango There is no official list of the winners out yet. So I am not sure of the details on who won what award besides CLOY and SYJ. These were the winners last year here I notice there was no mention of Hallyu Actress though on there. Maybe she won a special award? 

For SDA 2019, The Fiery Priest won the Top Excellence  Award and Doctor Prisoner for Excellence Award. Kim Nam-gil won Best Actor for The Fiery Priest and Jang Na-ra won Best Actress for The Last Empress. All these awards were won under the Hallyu Drama Category. 

For the main category, Kim Dong-wook was the Best Actor for Special Labor Inspector and the others were from other countries.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

I don't know I am so confused lol - I am more confused since I haven't seen the full list of winners this year - so I don't know who else won except KHN :lol:. It is also because Hallyu Actors nominations weren't listed on the Seoul Drama website. Just the general best actor and actress. However, SyJ won Best Actress for hallyu drama for SITR but ex. wikipedia just refers her award as Best Actress :lol: Except 2018 on soompi for winners they did list more for hallyu winners (or more specifically wrote hallyu next to it lol)

Regardless, I am sure Binnie is happy she won and that the show won as well. Hope he knows he is the true winner to us even though he didn't receive anything in the end. Sigh

giphy.gif

• Like 11
  • Love 5

@RiRiGaGa Oh wow! You never seize to amaze me with your work of art. As I was reading, I was like thinking let’s see how she’s going to incorporate “MWGM” or Shark, Pirates? Yet, they are all there and used in the most creative way. Bravo! If only BinJin can read all your works. 

Congratulations to CLOY & SYJ! I am quite upset with HB not winning but I know he will be happy with the thought that a win for the team is a win for all. 

• Like 14
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, ComeWhatMay said:

@NonKoreanMango GHJ won the Best Actress under the main drama category whilst KHN won the Best Actor under the same main category for their portrayal in WTCB. SYJ won the Best Actress under the Hallyu Drama category.

As for Best Actor under the Hallyu category, I am not too certain who won but some people said it was also KHN....

I am pretty sad and upset that HB was not chosen for this category.

Thanks. So this is my confusion - if Hallyu means Korean wave drama, and SYJ won best actress for that, and WTCB is also a Korean drama (isn’t it?), then how can GHJ win best actress for all drama when she wasn’t the best actress for all Korean drama? Isn’t Korean drama a subset of all dramas? Is my logic flawed here?

• Insightful 3

I am so fascinated with RiriGaga's article..as always and always be..

Almost everyone is frustrated of our HYUN BIN not in the picture of getting the best actor for HALLYU category. I dont know why? I watched both WTCB and CLOY and Hyuns acting as a NORth korean soldier portrayed well and so how to speak north korean accent isnt easy to ignore . If that accent was portrayed in nis natural accent then he might acted better . for me, whether you call it biased, HYUN BIN is the best of em all especially that HALLYU is what we are talking about. 

For SYJ, am so so proud and of course jumping into happiness that sne rocks again this time. If only not this covid effect, then everyone is witnessing her going on the stage doing her speech.. For the cast and crew of Cloy, Congratulations ..

Going back to BIN, still congratulations to him since noone is as good as him portraying as RJH.. His charm is undeniably attracts more viewers from outside korea. Charm, acting, charisma and talent are superb and recognizable globally..KOREAns should be proud for having BINJIN in their film industry..

I love BINJIN

• Like 15
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

@NonKoreanMango I think GHJ may have won the Best Actress award (the international one) - here (you see the nominees with GHJ for it) - not the one related to Hallyu. Yea it's confusing as they split up the best actress, actors up as it is an international awards - then they have wins specifically for Hallyu dramas - those nominees don't seem to be mention on SIDA site? (in regards to actor and actress). However, I will wait for the full press release of winners. So I have a better understanding who else had won :lol:

I noticed the year Binnie won Daesang.. at SIDA SeGa wins only went to screenwriter, director and ost.

Hopefully Binnie's reaction on not having won an award related to acting is more like:

giphy.gif

and not like

giphy.gif

:lol:

Your time will come again 

giphy.gif

:heart:

• Like 13
  • Love 3

I'm not familiar with Korean movie/TV awards.  I read that Baeksang/Blue Dragon/Grand Bell are the top 3 awards (and our girl SYJ has won all I think) but is there a hierarchy even within those, with one more prestigious or they are seen as equal?  And is the Daesang award (which HB has won) more prestigious than Best Actor/Actress or is it the same? Where do the Seoul International Drama Awards fit in?  

Anyone know if any Kdrama/actors ever got nominated for International Emmys? It would be great if CLOY got some nominations there.  Though CLOY is the kind of popular hit that deserves critical acclaim as much as more showy/serious drama imo, but often these former kind of shows lose out to the latter.  Awards are great, but CLOY's biggest prize will be the fact that it became a big international hit. 

It's too bad we won't get more red carpet looks of HB/SYJ in the near future, but we still had Baeksang and they looked great there. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Are you referring to Primetime Emmys? I don't think CLOY qualifies for this. I think they need to also film partly in USA and may need a SAG card. I know most of the Parasite cast ended up getting their SAG card which was why they qualified for those awards come award season timie. I don't recall all the details and stuff. Korean movies are the ones that tend to be nominated for foreign language films (Oscars) ex. Parasite .. I don't recall much foreign language series (especially kdramas) getting nominated for Emmys or Critics awards 

So for instance why most Korean movies try to get into Cannes Film festival first and once that happens usually it hits other festivals like Berlinale, Venice Film Festival, TIFF (here in Toronto), NYFF etc. Once it gets the festival buzz, it usually comes award season worthy - eventually gets nominated for an Oscar or short list for an Oscar. 

For instance, Peninsula was suppose to be shown at Cannes Film Festival but due to covid it didn't happen. The most issues now in regards to showing a film at a festival is if the film has a distributor, the distributor is most likely not ok with showing their film online ahead of time - they don't want piracy to happen. That is why with Peninsula it didn't hit the festival circuit in the end. I think the director said that he was going to try again in USA. That is what most festivals are dealing with now in the industry. Distributors not ok with showing their films online or some sponsors not wanting to support films being shown in theatres - as they don't want to be linked to a potential covid outbreak etc. 

Regardless, the film industry is being affected internationally right now. Also I realized more projects that other Korean actors I follow that were confirmed for late last year to be filmed this year - those projects have now fallen through and those projects had to be indefinitely postpone. Based on soompi news now, most casting news is stuff to be filmed for next year. 

I think Jinnie is lucky she didn't have a confirmed project to immediately film post CLOY - that we are aware of. Maybe they are safer now to take on a Netflix project or something.

They won popularity award together for Baeksang - So they will presenting the winners for next year Baeksang in that category. We confirmed them for this :lol:

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, QueenieBee said:

@jamy47 I agree. No disrespect to KHN who is a terrific actor (I watched WTCB right after CLOY) but if we're talking about Hallyu Best Actor category vs Bakesang Best Actor, HB should have taken this one for the reasons you mentioned.  Sometimes I think people take for granted the difficulty of acting in a different accent, as well as the difficulty of portraying the stoic nature of such a character without coming across as stiff. HBs acting in CLOY is not the showy kind, its a very nuanced portrayal but still difficult and most wouldnt have pulled it off as well as him. CLOY worked for many reasons and HB was a huge part of why. Anyway, awards are great but they dont always get it right. I'm glad HB finished off this decade with a huge international hit much the same way he ended his first acting decade with SEGA. He has a lot to be proud of, including introducing many new viewers to the world of k-dramas. 

Yeah i know at the end of the day these awards dont matter. The support he is getting all over and his worth as an actor has doubled since the success of this drama internationally so whatever lol. He is a humble person and very focused. None of this will stop him from continuing to shine and do even more amazing projects. I'm very happy for the director and SYJ. I just wish this industry would stop playing these stupid games but oh well. They all know HB, SYJ and the entire CLOY crew dominated this drama season and i will wait to see a drama better in quality this year and the next. They will try and it wont happen so keep the awards.

• Like 15
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

I guess I'm one of the only ones not angry or bitter about KHN winning for best hallyu actor over HB. He's (I think) won every major main actor award since WTCB entered the competition circuit. GHJ has been nominated/won a few times as well, not surprising me that she won. If she won in the hallyu category instead of SYJ I would have been surprised either. In the international Seoul Drama awards, the best actor category is for actors regardless of nationality (international category). I'm having trouble finding the full list of winners so I'm assuming KHN didn't win for best actor in the overall actor category.

Now I'm not sure if the judging panel at these awards consists of judges from other countries to make the final decision be more equal since international dramas are being considered or if the judges are just from Korea.
For the best hallyu actor/actress, I interpreted Hallyu in these awards as just the Korean drama category. Also, even though Wiki isn't the greatest source of info since things can be edited by anyone, the award SYJ won for hallyu is labeled as "Outstanding Korean Actress", not "most popular", or "biggest international impact award".

Which means KHN as the winner is no surprise as he's already either won or been nominated for every major award he could have been in. Because the judges are different for every awards, SYJ performance as Seri seemed to have won them over for this award. The best actress awards haven't been too consistent this year (except for GHJ who been nominated multiple times in different categories: WTCB also came out last year so it's not as new as the WOTM or CLOY). Even though SYJ says she thinks she won due to the popularity of the drama internationally, that doesn't mean that's the only reason. I haven't heard any negative reactions about KHN's acting for WTCB and his fame has been rising over the years. HB wasn't made famous by CLOY, he was already well known. Even though the drama did well internationally, he probably isn't viewed too differently within Korea since everyone already knows him, he just had a bit of a reawakening after that god awful HJ&M drama and better but not as popular MoA. While I enjoyed CLOY's RJH, I didn't notice any issues with his accent until I started looking up NK's opinions on who had the best NK accent. Turns out people had conflicting opinions and some thought either other actors in the drama did better and that HB had the poorest accent (not sure how bad that is according to the defector who said that he wasn't great at it compared to the other soldiers - DKDKTV). Maybe if you speak Korean fluently you can hear the slips clearly. Before the fangirls get pissed, that doesn't mean I think HB doesn't deserve to win anything, it just means I'm not surprised it went one way over the other.       

• Like 5
  • Unamused 4

I looked back though they still didn't give him the actor award at Seoul International Drama Awards for SeGa, they only gave it to the writer, director and the ost. Yes he won the Daesang at Baeksang then. I am not familiar with those that won instead from that time.

However, yes outside of SeGa, his last acting nomination was for MOTA during Baeksanag 2019. Otherwise, he hadn't received a nomination for acting not till 2019 and till now. PIFAN he got it from box office - producer award like Jinnie. 

I know acting wins don't matter to some SK actors especially if they won before, they shrug off not getting any nominations because they love what they are doing - also they love their fans and that is their main motivation to continue to act. Binnie has even said that his fans are the reason why he continues to act - popularity and all that doesn't matter to him.  However, I am sure it must be hard on them if they don't get recognized with a nomination at least. Instead they are stuck with reviews, box office numbers and ratings (show). No wonder as an actor you have to forget about these stuff. Critics were hard on him for The Fatal Encounter (even though it was a box office hit) and Hyde Jekyll Me had low ratings - I think it had mix reviews when I looked back but I  did like the show when I watched it in May and I do really love the OST. The OST was definitely loved back then. He is already a perfectionist at acting (even though he says he isn't really one now) You can tell how hard he is on himself still if he says he wants to know/is curious what the audience reaction is before he even starts filming CLOY or bringing up how he wish he had more prep time to film certain scenes. It was like he knew he would have done better if he had more time to prep. However, he portrayed RJH perfectly. I hope he understands this even when he doesn't get any acting awards for CLOY, he is loved by many of us and to us he is the best actor deserving of the Baeksang award and Hallyu award.

For Jinnie, I think she is to the point now where she is really grateful to receive these awards but it is still surprising to her when she receives them. That is why she said that she believes she got this due to the international love and not just from Korea. I think she probably would have thought GHJ would have gotten it or someone else.

However, if we go with what Jinnie said in her speech, then Binnie definitely has more international love due to CLOY than WTCB. WTCB was on Netflix later but it is CLOY that keeps making international buzz still since February.  

giphy.gif

Anyways, he is really working hard right now on Bargaining. I hope everything works out in the end for the film and hopefully can make festival circuit next year. I just don't want covid to mess up more of their opportunities especially if the film's potential can lead them to a future Oscar short list or Oscar nomination in the future. I think they should aim higher now and not just awards in SK. So hope not getting them doesn't bother them. 

@blackbeannoodle people said his accent in Confidential Assignment was bad. It was actually better in CLOY

• Like 9
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

I looked back though they still didn't give him the actor award at Seoul International Drama Awards for SeGa, they only gave it to the writer, director and the ost. Yes he won the Daesang at Baeksang then. I am not familiar with those that won instead from that time.

However, yes outside of SeGa, his last acting nomination was for MOTA during Baeksanag 2019. Otherwise, he hadn't received a nomination for acting not till 2019 and till now. PIFAN he got it from box office - producer award like Jinnie. 

I know acting wins don't matter to some SK actors especially if they won before, they shrug off not getting any nominations because they love what they are doing - also they love their fans and that is their main motivation to continue to act. Binnie has even said that his fans are the reason why he continues to act - popularity and all that doesn't matter to him.  However, I am sure it must be hard on them if they don't get recognized with a nomination at least. Instead they are stuck with reviews, box office numbers and ratings (show). No wonder as an actor you have to forget about these stuff. Critics were hard on him for The Fatal Encounter (even though it was a box office hit) and Hyde Jekyll Me had low ratings - I think it had mix reviews when I looked back but I  did like the show when I watched it in May and I do really love the OST. The OST was definitely loved back then. He is already a perfectionist at acting (even though he says he isn't really one now) You can tell how hard he is on himself still if he says he wants to know/is curious what the audience reaction is before he even starts filming CLOY or bringing up how he wish he had more prep time to film certain scenes. It was like he knew he would have done better if he had more time to prep. However, he portrayed RJH perfectly. I hope he understands this even when he doesn't get any acting awards for CLOY, he is loved by many of us and to us he is the best actor deserving of the Baeksang award and Hallyu award.

For Jinnie, I think she is to the point now where she is really grateful to receive these awards but it is still surprising to her when she receives them. That is why she said that she believes she got this due to the international love and not just from Korea. I think she probably would have thought GHJ would have gotten it or someone else.

However, if we go with what Jinnie said in her speech, then Binnie definitely has more international love due to CLOY than WTCB. WTCB was on Netflix later but it is CLOY that keeps making international buzz still since February. 

Anyways, he is really working hard right now on Bargaining. I hope everything works out in the end for the film and hopefully can make festival circuit next year. I just don't want covid to mess up more of their opportunities especially if the film's potential can lead them to a future Oscar short list or Oscar nomination in the future. I think they should aim higher now and not just awards in SK. So hope not getting them doesn't bother them. 

@blackbeannoodle people said his accent in Confidential Assignment was bad. It was actually better in CLOY

very well said! A big reason I've become their (individual and shipper) supporter is due to their grounded and humble personalities and true, genuine passion for acting. Awards are always a bonus, but it's not necessary to validate their acting talent and skills and how immensely influential this drama and these characters have been this year. As long as they are happy and content and know that they have all of us international fans, I'm happy and content too. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 15
  • Wiggle 1