[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

netizenbuzz always translate negative comments so NBD.. hey again it’s jst a drama.. u dont hv to waste ur time watching it if u dont like it.. there are thousand of dramas out there, enough for everybody.. jst find what u like and watch it.  to sooah/saeroy fans, yeah we feel bad for sooah but u know what u are getting urself into when u ship sooah and saeroy lol.. we all know yiseo and saeroy are the OTP in the webtoon so shipping sooah and saeroy was kinda irrelevant from the beginning..  

anyhooo it’s a wrap for IC! i had so much fun reading and commenting on this thread..  kudos to the writernim, Danbam/Jangga team and the whole crew.. **clap clap*~ you guys did a great job..! 

• Like 16

image.png

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
image.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
image.jpg
1.jpg
image.png
image.gif
image.gif
45.jpg
4.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.png
image.jpg
ON.jpg
image.jpg
image.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.gif
image.png

credit: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27795156&memberNo=43298448#

@Matilda_Anne Especially now, when Naver suspended any comments under entertainment news. With CLOY they also translated comparison with Goblin comments xD

2020-03-22-13-11-02.png

780k+ comments on drama channel. I say not bad;) I recently stalked other TALKs and 780k+ is definitely among the highest;)

• Like 6
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, ryanallright said:

My honest opinion is Park Saeroy and Jo Yiseo just feel more like brother and sister rather than a couple

I can't feel any couple chemistry 

TV Spoiler: Itaewon Class (Finale)

cr. netizenbuzz

Reveal hidden contents

Finale 'Itaewon Class' Park Seo Joon, kiss with Dami 'happy filled happy ending'

Source: X Sports News via Nate

1. [+1,516, -107] The drama started out so fun and then ended with something that made me question if it was the same drama at all. The last episode hit peak with how boring it was...

2. [+1,2987, -92] Sigh, what a waste of the acting skills of the cast. What happened with the strong, detailed plot it started with? The drama kept going down the wrong path before it got completely lost in the end.

3. [+778, -148] The webtoon is my most favorite.. and the drama was satisfying enough ㅠㅠㅠㅠ what am I going to look forward to anymore

4. [+143, -7] Sigh... It felt so random how Saeroyi suddenly liked Jo Yi Seo, none of it grabbed my attention... They really feel more like brother and sister than a real relationship. They don't match at all... There wasn't enough development in him falling in love with Yi Seo... sigh...

5. [+113, -13] I watched till the ending for the sake of all the time and effort I invested in it. I think they should hire a professional writer next time. The only thing I gained from watching this was finding out about a new actor named Ahn Bo Hyun.

6. [+101, -14] Park Seo Joon looked totally over it by the second half ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+99, -11] Park Seo Joon and the female lead had such great chemistry together, you could see the flutter in their eyes... but their kiss scene was lacking and the way Park Seo Joon looked at the lead was like whatever...

8. [+89, -8] Why was there nothing exciting about the kiss scene between Saeroyi and Jo Yi Seo? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+79, -0] Park Bogum was so random, his cameo felt too forced

10. [+78, -0] Yoo Jae Myung's acting was the best. I felt so bad.

11. [+71, -2] What I realized... is that the manhwa artist should stick to drawing manhwas... and leave the writing dramas to real writers like Kim Eun Sook..

12. [+65, -12] Such an immature ending...

Yes i agree that they do not have any chemistry at all unlike when he was in WWWSK with Park Min Young. 

• Like 1

@corey she was director in Jangga, not some mere employee. And all companies have some dirt, that can bring them down. Be it not managing their taxes right or not sorting their employee documents properly how law requires it. And he is a good businessman, but it doesn't mean he is free from mistakes, getting old or petty. Business is not only about money. He is good at creating profit, but meh at creating connections. He was ones someone, who had noble intentions, but lost them as time passed and he gained more and more power. Which is true to a lot of rich and powerful. Not just chaebols, but also politicians. His ultimate fall down was his own philosophy. By intimating and bullying in the past, instead of building close partnership he couldn't even gain one helping hand at the end. The way he does business unwise in a long term was also showcased when he forced that fake investor moment, which wasn't only about showing PSR his place.

Spoiler

and almost every rich person has a shady fund lol 

In that regard, it's PSR who is not a realistic one. But the drama is actual criticism to rich chaebols, that with power and money forget what it's right. With the hero being a model of not losing himself to money and power (that why he stays pretty much the same. To reassure the audience, he will never change as a person), while Jang Dong Hee is a collective image of employers that exploit their employees to a fault. And yes, he trusted Oh Soo Ah enough. He said so himself "you and Mr.Kim stayed on my side all those years".

So maybe you're not giving enough credit to the drama instead;)

And Sae Roy is not indebt to Oh Soo Ah in any regard. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3

I just can't stop replaying the scene where SR wakes up and sees YS is sitting beside him. He sighs in relieve and hugs her tight. Awww :wub:

Also their happy smiles are so contagious. Aww... writer sorry for whining before, thank you for giving me this beautiful ending. Romance isn't the main focus but their chemistry is just so wonderful. Lots people shipping them for a reason.

But well I get it where all those complains came from. Chill out guys... don't take it too seriously and let's move on :lol: 

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1

@serenilmauve it’s really just funny)like most jo yiseo and park saeroy supporters happy with finale,while most oh sooah supporters finding faults since episode 10(?).implying,that she is the final winner.i mean...did others lose something?are they not happy,in love and rich?)but still,good for her for doing something once in 15 years.it wasn’t her plan from the start.but at least seeing accident happening again made her wake uplol

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I just can't stop replaying the scene where SR wakes up and sees YS is sitting beside him. He sighs in relieve and hugs her tight. Awww :wub:

Ikr! But nobody made a gif about this beautiful scene! Guess i really have to start making gifs lol

• Like 2

Oh my gosh! Did you guys see the final making of videos that Jtbc drama released on youtube??!

PSJ and KDM are so cute, i childishly ship! Even tho I love you PSJ, just date! Date her! Go on, i wont be mad, i am married anyway, we wont ever get together sorry :lol:, so just do me a favor and date her 

Lmao, i might need medication

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

If i give a rating for IC i would give it 6.5/10

I really like the episodes up to a certain point. After that it focused way too much on the revenge plot. So much that left the characters lifeless. 

I could not connect with anyone of them. Too bad because i beleive they had potentials.

I would love to watch some aspects of their everyday life, their homes, their free time, how they ended up liking each other.

PSJ really carried this whole show in his back and the same goes for KDM.

I loved the realationship of SRY and his dad. It seemed both actors had good chemistry.

I could not really hate (i just disliked) the CEO of Jangga. Every interaction with him and SRY seemed boring. As i have seen from the press conference, that actor mentioned that the scene could be made from the first try (if i understood correct). I think they didnt have chemistry at all and this was shown.

I wish they would give us more romantic scenes between  YS and SRY before she was upducted. It would be nice to see their relationship evolving. Maybe i could feel SRY fear and desperation for her.

My favourite scene was when SY confessed to SRY and her eyes was full of tears. (My fingers felt numed by her confession)

Overall it felt too rushed on certain things and  with way too much focus on other.

• Like 1

My take:

I agree that SRY heart has filled unconciously after SY cried at his lap.  Remember he has not cried ever since he was jailed, his emotions seem to close off.

During the 4 year time skip which we did not get to see the process but already can tell the vibes that SRY hardly catch up with SA, SRY everyday showered with love confess from SY, SRY is getting more self aware, uncomfortable and feeling sorry to SY.  

Ever since SY fainted, SRY mind is distracted and momentarily forgotten about revenge.  He is so scared to loose SY.  He only wanted her to be well.

SK also reminded SRY outside the hospital, he seems to be out of his character.

Listening to SY convo with HY has double impact.  It may pulled his heartstrings and also sent him to guilty path especially GS had question how long is SRY going to use SY.  

Then bang, the event Q&A read out loud by SK pulled all his heartstrings to his brain!  SY has already filled SRY heart and his brain but SRY as he mentioned before, he is slowwww....  His realisation cause him pain as he remembering that he did nothing for SY and even feel terrible that SY willingly wanted to be "used" by him.  Remember during the moment he confessed to SY, he asked SY whether is this feeling how she feel everyday; love very much.

I felt ever after his realisation, i strongly believed that his hatred has already diminished and he did not care much about revenge.  He found new meaning to life.  He wanted happiness. (remember he told SA and SY at the same time during the investors issue, he does not deserve happiness until he has his revenge)

Thus even SA is the whistle blower and indirectly helped SRY, this SRY no longer looking much into revenge. Therefore wanting him to "destroy" DH / Janga is really not important to him anymore.  But he is still a businessman and he still want to be a businessman that set strong principles that is not the same as DH.  His aim of life is still intact.

I love the epilogue where it ends how it started (not sure whether is ep 1, 2 or 3).  Everything is just done naturally.  He worked as usual, date as usual.  :wub:

The holding hands initiated by SY is really packed with emotions.  It is like the touch has made SRY fully understood how and why he feels his love to SY is very very much... the skinship transfer all the warmth and love from SY (my interpretation of his emotion when he holds both her hands and his thumb stroke the back of her hands, his eyes looking at her lovingly and slightly red because he is very touch).  The kiss he returned to her is consist of love, gratitude and alots alots of happiness.  Keke he can really kiss ya.  The kiss is very emotional.

When he realised his wine is sweet, he immediately knows who make it sweet and thus he wanted to connect himself to her because he is very happy and she really bring sweetness to his life.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Although I spend time in this thread less, I would like to thank everyone here who made this viewing enjoyable. There are parts that we might find disagreement, at the end of the day it is up to us whether we love it not no matter what others said.

Be seeing some of you in other thread.

Credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I liked the last episode

It was good, but not great.

Too many instances where timing/action just wasn't realistic ( yes, a reach in the kdramaverse but still...) - like when SR and YS run off ON FOOT and GW chases them in a CAR. Yet they have time to chat, confess, hug (I did like that:wub:) .... and only after all that, the guy in the CAR shows up.  Now our psychopath behind the wheel comes speeding at our two lovelies STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, does he run them down?  No! He takes a convenient brick-to-the-windshield which we all know brings all speeding cars to a halt and forces the nutty driver to battle it out on foot! :rolleyes:  

I did like the hospital scene getting chewed out by Mom though

LCO 

On 3/18/2020 at 2:37 AM, platinumbeauty said:

I am trying to find the the music piece that plays towards the end of Ep 4, the part where YS comes to SRY wanting to work with him, declaring how she'll turn him into someone amazing!

I am unable to find it anywhere. Not sure if it has been uploaded anywhere!

But if anyone know or can find it, pretty please! :heart:

@platinumbeauty it's called Itaewon Class by Kim Jun Seok. you can listen to it on spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/track/5xMO5y8djJQAZCJYaiECTA?si=h8d3iiJ_Tsy_VVK3Lu27iA

• Like 1

Sincere thanks to everyone who love this drama and have made this such an informative thread for IC fans (esp silent visitors like myself).
In the post-IC withdrawal phase right now and hunting FMVs :) I find these compilations very soothing to watch.

Credit to the owner

Edited by Sweet Nguyen
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3