[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

With the share number of how many times Itaewon Class was mentioned on different SK shows by different type (gender and age) celebrities, I think I already lost a track of it several months ago lol

Anyway IC was popular on TV, on VOD, on Netflix and OST topped charts;) Jo Yi Seo and especially Park Sae Roy also regularly comeback to top 10 most searched daily Naver drama characters. 

btw, Taehyung's Sweet Night also broke the record as the song by solo artist with most #1 (counting by number of countries where in topped).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished watching, and it’s very nice drama. The scene that surprising me when YS told GS to pick up the steel pipe and then she suddenly run off while cheered him, and watching GS’s expression, LOL i can’t stop laughing. I don’t know whether she was just that selfish and didn’t care GS even a little bit, or she knew GS will be fine, because his bother will protect him. LOL

Well i prefer the latter, since i think she’s quite inteligent reading the situation that JGW’s only target was her, and she pretty sure GW would not hurt his own family member

• Like 2

Hi.

Just finished itaewon class now and loved it. I have read that there are some differences between the drama and webtoon.  Since the webtoon is not subbed, just wanted to know how much of the story between saeoryi and soo ah happened in the webtoon? 

Like did the scene where she asked him to quit his revenge and come to her happened? Or if in the webtoon, it showed that soo ah liked or loved him after meeting him again and wanted to be with him?

Thanks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jtwong27 said:

Hi.

Just finished itaewon class now and loved it. I have read that there are some differences between the drama and webtoon.  Since the webtoon is not subbed, just wanted to know how much of the story between saeoryi and soo ah happened in the webtoon? 

Like did the scene where she asked him to quit his revenge and come to her happened? Or if in the webtoon, it showed that soo ah liked or loved him after meeting him again and wanted to be with him?

Thanks!

Hello, let’s say that writer added a lot of Soo Ah moments and scenes for drama, compared to webtoon and she was a less nuanced character and more straight forward egocentric. Writer added her background and interactions with Sae Roy that you named. 
All female characters in drama improved in nuance and complexity, honesty. Since it’s the same writer, I think he wanted to reflect today’s climate regarding writing females, that don’t feel like “+1” to male leads or simply “love interest”, but instead as their own people. That’s why he wasn’t afraid to show them as both likeable and dislikable, confused, rude, vulnerable, strong, selfish and ambitious. They weren’t over the top, but realistic in their goals and dreams.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Hello, let’s say that writer added a lot of Soo Ah moments and scenes for drama, compared to webtoon and she was a less nuanced character and more straight forward egocentric. Writer added her background and interactions with Sae Roy that you named. 
All female characters in drama improved in nuance and complexity, honesty. Since it’s the same writer, I think he wanted to reflect today’s climate regarding writing females, that don’t feel like “+1” to male leads or simply “love interest”, but instead as their own people. That’s why he wasn’t afraid to show them as both likeable and dislikable, confused, rude, vulnerable, strong, selfish and ambitious. They weren’t over the top, but realistic in their goals and dreams.

Thanks, that helps explain things. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...