[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mentioned before SRY is someone who lives his life with a set of principles because of his father. Like SRY said, he didnt want to live a life of regrets & consequences hence him always being a

Agree with everything you wrote.  Also, it is tad bit disingenuous to say that he changed his mind in a few episode.  He made the declaration to SA in episode 6 but realized his love for YS in episode

Goodbye IC..  It's been an exciting 2 months i spent my weekends with you, and 5 months i start following about this drama in this thread and finally meet you guys and it's so entertaining readin

@tok-soompi

That mood switch was so seamless. KDM is just *chefs kiss*. 

I liked that this episode highlighted SK in contrast to the Boss leader. It shows that your past & who you were doesnt fine you in the present or future. It's what you do/actions that speaks volume. I love the call back scene with SK & SRY when they first fought. I liked that he saw SRY cried for the 1st time. SRY isnt someone who lets himself be vulnerable so crying is a very good thing. 

• Like 7
49 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

For some reason, SRY is oddly attractive with his face smashed lol. Poor dude jesus christ. 

I personally (and in my fangirl heart lol) call it actually PSJ effect xD Because he looked good beaten up in Fight For My Way and The Divine Fury too xD 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Am I the only one that actually enjoyed watching every minute of ep 15 and didn’t think there was nothing wrong? It’s like untying all the knots we have had all along. The scene where PSRY woke up and started crying was so powerful. It was like all the anger, the hate, and despite that he had kept inside for so long, was finally released. That scene got me today. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Don't forget midnight runners.. hilarious and sexy at the same time hehehe

14 hours ago, marybongiovi said:

I think I'll have to watch all of his dramas from now on. I hope he has the chance to be in a drama like this one again. Same with Kim Da Mi.

I think I can say from the Kdramas I've watched this is my all time favorite. 

Not just his drama.. you have to much him in games show running man and 2days 1 night and also Youn's Kitchen 2 and 3 meals a day :yum: 

• Like 1

@tnl34

I'm with you dear! And for the finale too i'm just gonna enjoy every bits of it as it is and won't bother analyzing why this and why that ^_^

@Samuel Yohanes

Yes, considering that there are still much things to do to reach the point where all conflicts have really been resolved. Also the writer style that seems to like long and deep conversations at certain moments, i doubt we will see a lot of happy moments if they don't give us extra time :D

Waiting for that moment when PSR and JYS meet again after being separated for a while (even though it might be in difficult situation. Saeroy-yaa~ you have something to say right?). And finally witness everyone getting his/her happiness and consequences that each deserves.

I'll get my popcorn ready B)

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

A bit OT so I put it under the spoiler, after reading some posts randomly back and forth :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Regarding to PSJ. It was KMHL introduced me to him and found him like a gem. I shipped him with his sister but then I love how he was chased by his no. fan Ahn Yoona.:lol: "If you're handsome, you're oppa" has really left great impression to my heart. Not just because of his handsome look but also his acting is superb, no doubt for that. So he has these two great x factors that makes him shines. Then I began to trackdown his other works and voila SWP popped out back then. I love it so much even sometimes I get a bit annoyed with how silly HJ (FL) tried so hard to hide her real identity from him. It's really great to see how his emotions varies from one scenes to another. But the Onion couple won my heart for their antics interaction. Then since I really like oppa, I searched other drama which lead me to watch WR. I shouldn't watch that stuff back then. *facepalm* but I ended up finishing it. The story is good even the age gap is something matters and a bit 'taboo' for further talks. :lol: But in conclusion, it's worth watching. After three titles on my belt, I like him more and keep anticipating his next projects. Then there he goes FMY, it becomes my most fave of PSJ's dramas. Though the WWSK storyline is quite meh I still watched it. Lol. Honestly, I really like how it began but after they focused with how the FL got her trauma and all the stuffs of the rest went kinda flat and boring. But since it's him and I have a soft spot for PMY, I finished the drama in the end. But yeah you may know how, it's thanks to ffd button again. As for Hwarang, it's nothing much I can say except those hwarang are handsome. Lol.

Then there's Midnight Runner, his collaboration with KHN as rookie cops saving a kidnaped girl from a human trafficking syndicate is super fun. I laughed, anxious, sad and happy with them along their journey in that film. Some times passes, we finally meet him again in IC. So far, he did so good in all his portrayal for each characters he got. It's just I can't deny if not all of his drama storyline impress me. It's not because he took a bad project or it's his mistake. Not at all but I see that the problem is on the writing part which I find it a bit flat to some points. 

To me his SY's character is such a good role model for his good principles. But some times I can't say that he never gets me frustrated of his stubbornness towards several things that against his principles. It's not all wrong but it is not also fully right for some reasons. 

For next watch, I hope to see his new film project with IU.

4 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

She is wearing necklace PSR’s necklace;) 

She was wearing that when the fake nurse came to kidnap her. 

~~~

And others may have said this, but I still want to add my thoughts a bit. He broke my heart when he woke up and sobbed like that. I think I could relate for that moment. He really miss his dad and love him so much. It such a nightmare which keep haunting him all these years and it may still be on as he is more willing to accept it now and chose to live with it. The moment he said his farewell and he will continue to live on his life is so sad. It's like he finally lets him to rest in peace. That is why when he wakes up he cried and poured all his heartache and regrets for not being with him when he's gone. It is so hard for him and hard for me to hold my tears any longer. That was so emotional and touching. Please be happy Sae Royi. You'll be happy soon. 

Is there any new still? Haha. I know it's airing tonight. So it's better to wait for a bit longer. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@serenilmauve TFS! You were right they have released most of the instrumentals even the ones I was looking for. Gaaah so excited to hear them all time and again. :w00t: This show has the most amazing OST, you like each and every little melody! Who's the main artist do we know? Which other shows he or she have given music to?! 

Just skimmed through part 3 of all instrumentals. But didn't come across the music which was played end of Ep 11 (where they play truth or dare game and SRY denies having any feelings for YS). The music which plays from that point till he runs after her is missing I think :( If you hear do let me know. 

Will there be any more release of OSTs?!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Cilla D said:

He kneeled to save someone’s life. This is much different than the other times.  He had to do it.

Yes. Some people are saying he didn't even kneel for his father so why would he kneel for Yiseo. 

It's different. 

When he was asked to kneel before, he was young. He was in high school so you know how stubborn young people are. When his father died, he didn't have a good reason to kneel. Now, however, he can lose Yiseo that's why he did kneel and it's because as an older, mature person, he now understands that sometimes, there are greater things than pride and that because for those four years, Yiseo kept on telling him and showing him she loves him, Saeroyi learned that there's more to life than revenge. This is why he's willing to kneel. He wants to date her and have a good life... something that he can be proud of and can be the reason why he can say to himself, "This is life? Well done! Again!"

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Broaddaylight said:
Spoiler

Quite interesting plot. There are two people with a weird fetish for each other. They try to destroy each other for decades to realise in the end that it was all pointless. One technically lost his dad because of his ego (if he would have apologised, his dad would have remained at Jangga and not be victim of a hit-and-run whilst doing deliveries) and the other lost his beloved son whilst the purpose of founding the company was to let his family live in clover in the first place.  Had they both backed down earlier they would have lived a happy life.

Even more ridiculous is the ease to get the culprit to commit to the hit-and-run. It took PSRY multiple years to get his revenge on JGW, but it took JYS a bit of charm to make him confess in less than 15 min in a coffee chat. It also feel rushed to see how DanBam struggled to stay afloat for so many episodes to suddenly catch up with Jangga in four years. They only had to hire Tony, who happened to be related to the rich granny he handed a flyer to (what a coincidence). The same granny who pretended to be a baller by telling Chairman Jang to not toy with PSRY as she has him under her wings - a threat that achieved absolutely nothing. 

The characters are also peculiar. We have two obsessed, borderline lunatics (JYS and JGS) who try to harrass their crushes into loving them. Add in Kwon Nara to portray a character that is even duller than her already deadfish acting talents (come on... telling PSRY that she knew all along that he liked JYS is a bit unexpected and also boneless to me...) The pièce de résistance is the useless supporting cast. What is the purpose of the fund manager friend? What is the purpose of Ms Kang? What is the reason of giving the detective lines after he served his purpose in the plot to jail JGW? We also have Tony, who apart from being related to the core investor was mainly part of the furniture and fixtures (at least let him show up in the hospital scene to support PSRY...). To end it all, we have a gangster boss who in earlier episodes seems to have a special bond with PSRY (offering to give him a ride home after serving jail together, visiting DanBam when it opened), but decides to whack him half unconcious.

You can definitely feel that it is the first drama of both Showbox and the writer. It was fun whilst it lasted, but nothing memorable. It is a good successor to Chocolate, who had the same flaws...

this kind of comments not cute in my book.not because it’s criticism,that’s okay,i first wanted to comment properly, but the more i read it the more it sound like it will be a bit useless.because it’s hard to have proper conversation,when person tries to criticize the drama,but also not even trying to show an inch of real understanding of the plot and characters.also criticizing writer and yet asking why policeman should have any role by basically giving him ill advise to forget your own character and small plotline,that you build,made me laugh,sorry.just like asking about purpose of characters,when it’s was even explained in actual dialogues...and that tony’s granny’ showed interest in psr even before she knew about her grandson.because she is here ultimately to challenge saeroy’s principles and her close connections was needed to criticize park saeroy’s world view in one way by showing that his stubbornness is not an answer to everything,just like she is also a reward to our hero for not giving up on his way to success.and ignoring,that mafia-boss is not really just only related to park saeroy’s past,but also csk.and what kind of message he portrays by showing us changed to the better man vs man that never thought about changing his view on crime and money.denying csk to close his own character arc.guess not all criticism from viewers can be in practice any good^_^

thank you for your opinion.but considering that ic was a hit and created heated discussion and made you come all the way to write lengthy post it had something definitely memorable going on.i personally either drop or totally forget to watch new episodes or give any kind of attention to truly”nothing memorable”dramas in my list^_^

last episode today,can’t believe.it was such an enjoyable ride.i had a lot of fun watching the show and enjoyed the quality character study it presented by making each major character flawed individual,with their strong view on a world,either with positive or negative impact.allegories that this show presented were good as well.proud of whole team.ratings were spectacular for all the right reasons.i’m going to miss this”war of ideology”drama) 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3

@greenwatch08 I saw it coming in a mile that SRY would go down on his knees. I thought his attitude already changed when he bowed to Chairman Jang when he welcomed to DanBam for the first time. Nothing wrong there. But what I am saying is that both achieved not a lot when it comes down to trampling each other. 

Chairman Jang's fall was not caused by PSRY, but self-inflicted because he was surrounded by a moron and because he was so eager to teach PSRY a lesson (if that is not a fetish I don't know). Even the death of Chairman Jang is done by nature and not PSRY.

It is more an execution thing. Many of the issues were bombarded as unreconciliable, unsolvable problems that took years to plan, but turned out to be quite the opposite:

- JGW's fall from grace -> coffee chat with JYS

- PSRY's struggles -> rich granny of friend

- Revenge on the chairman -> cancer

It is just weird that technically none of PSRY's long-term plans worked. All he has done is pick some fights that he all lost: he got kicked out from his first building, failed to make Ms Kang chairman and most recently failed to make JYS non-executive member (talking about his useless fund manager friend...). And now it turns out that bringing Chairman Jang down was not that difficult at all, if OSA just did her thing. She accumulated all the bad things on Jangga and could easily cause him harm. But this makes me wonder if OSA has this information, why does Ms Kang not have it? But OSA is a spineless character after all. She never speaks up. Never tells that she likes PSRY nor tells him to chase JYS. And the only time she decides to speak up, she basically ruins PSRY's life (she tells PSRY that JGW hit his dad - SRY did not know).

It should have been more like Old Boy where it took years for Yoo Ji Tae to get revenge on Choi Min Shik (and boy.. CMS got some). The camerawork is top notch though,  the acting of the ML's and to a lesser extent KDM as well. It is a good drama, in the same realm of Dazzling, Dr Prisoner or something like that. But not My Ahjussi, Signal, Misaeng, Sky Castle level, contrary to what its viewership ratings and SNS hype might indicate. It is just slightly overrated.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Kim Hye Eun IG update

Ryu Kyung Soo IG update

Last Carnival.. One of the chapter titles

Kim Dong Hee IG update

Danbam IG update

I'll miss them all:')

@serenilmauve

Me too! I'll definitely be in nostalgic mode even just from one note :tears:

The private wrap up party will be held tonight (local time) i guess? Hope we could see some updates

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Broaddaylight said:

@greenwatch08

Spoiler

I saw it coming in a mile that SRY would go down on his knees. I thought his attitude already changed when he bowed to Chairman Jang when he welcomed to DanBam for the first time. Nothing wrong there. But what I am saying is that both achieved not a lot when it comes down to trampling each other. 

Chairman Jang's fall was not caused by PSRY, but self-inflicted because he was surrounded by a moron and because he was so eager to teach PSRY a lesson (if that is not a fetish I don't know). Even the death of Chairman Jang is done by nature and not PSRY.

It is more an execution thing. Many of the issues were bombarded as unreconciliable, unsolvable problems that took years to plan, but turned out to be quite the opposite:

- JGW's fall from grace -> coffee chat with JYS

- PSRY's struggles -> rich granny of friend

- Revenge on the chairman -> cancer

It is just weird that technically none of PSRY's long-term plans worked. All he has done is pick some fights that he all lost: he got kicked out from his first building, failed to make Ms Kang chairman and most recently failed to make JYS non-executive member (talking about his useless fund manager friend...). And now it turns out that bringing Chairman Jang down was not that difficult at all, if OSA just did her thing. She accumulated all the bad things on Jangga and could easily cause him harm. But this makes me wonder if OSA has this information, why does Ms Kang not have it? But OSA is a spineless character after all. She never speaks up. Never tells that she likes PSRY nor tells him to chase JYS. And the only time she decides to speak up, she basically ruins PSRY's life (she tells PSRY that JGW hit his dad - SRY did not know).

It should have been more like Old Boy where it took years for Yoo Ji Tae to get revenge on Choi Min Shik (and boy.. CMS got some). The camerawork is top notch though,  the acting of the ML's and to a lesser extent KDM as well. It is a good drama, in the same realm of Dazzling, Dr Prisoner or something like that. But not My Ahjussi, Signal, Misaeng, Sky Castle level, contrary to what its viewership ratings and SNS hype might indicate. It is just slightly overrated.

There is no such thing us "overrated" drama (which basically turned into synonym at this point to "popular, that i don't like"), imo. Some dramas can be not your type (I have plenty of them in the popular area) or you can see more flaws in them (I personally saw more flaws in Signal with plenty plot-holes, SK and Oh Soo Ah kinda reminds me personified version of Misaeng, so I couldn't finish that drama lol), but plenty of people enjoy them for reasons. It's rude to dismiss their opinion and enjoyment for your own selfish taste;)))

JGW's "fall from grace" was his own ambitions, fear and stupidity. Basically his own flaws.  

PSR's struggle - more than just "rich granny". If he was not who he was, that rich granny would never be on his side. She was as @emollienime said his criticism for one thing and reward for another. 
Revenge on chairman is not cancer. But turning "kneel before me" action into nothingness, because he holds no power over him. 

P.S. Bowing down to seniors is not the same as kneeling in front of someone because he wants to see your submission and humiliation;)))

PSRY's long term plan (kinda) was to be rich and powerful  though, with Jangga being destroyed. And he is there. No one said he needs to achieve everything alone or his plans should work like a well-oiled machine when the idea was to surround PSR with people that actually care about him and let him go of his years of hatred by building around him people with whom he enjoys spending his nights along. That's why when he said  "I'm not coming" his dad first said "Sae Roy" with the tone of disappointment, thinking that his son still focused on his revenge, but then he changed into a proud parent, when he released, that his son is not coming with him yet to actually go and live a happy life with his "useless friends". 

• Like 7
9 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

My thought about why SRY cannot describe SY...

SRY is in the brim of death after the accident.  Usually this person will live depends on how much he actually wanted to live.

The drama shows that he is "enjoying" his time with his dearest dad.  Which "encourage" him to give up his life and go with him.  He vaguely able to remember YS but because he wanted to be with his dad, her is hidden by his sub conciousness.  A person that may make him wanted to live again.  He even agree with his dad that life is difficult.  But then YS interupt his time with dad when his sub concious remembers his conversation with YS and how YS ever see him, immediately knows that life is not difficult as long as she is with him.  And it renew his desire to live on even he misses his beloved dad.  There is someone he need to stay strong and live for.  His future.  His love.

Waa! I think you're right!..it does make sense. He knew the thought of his love will make him go back and he wanted to spend more time with his dad. 

How could you think about that? You might be a genius lol

I can't wait for ep 16, a few hours to go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰