Network: JTBC

Genre: Drama

Episodes: 16

Airdate: January 31st, 2020 -

Airtime: Fri & Sat @ 22:50 KST

Director: Kim Sung Yoon

Writer: Gwang Jin

Story:

“Itaewon Class” is based on a popular Daum webtoon of the same name and tells the story of a group of stubborn, brave young people who rise up in an unfair world. Their world is the Itaewon neighborhood of Seoul, where they open a food business.

Park Seo Joon will be playing the character Park Sae Roy, who doesn’t give one inch in the face of injustice and is quick to jump to action. He is still harboring anger after the death of his father, the CEO of a large food company, when he takes to Itaewon to pursue his dream.

Cast:

박새로이 박서준의 사진

Park Seo Joon as Park Sae Roy

Park Seo Joon said, “Park Sae Roy is a simple man who upholds his views and always works hard. There was some pressure [in taking this role] because he’s a favorite among fans of the original webtoon, but that also means he’s a great character, so I wanted to give it a shot. I’m expecting the various characters of ‘Itaewon Class’ and their various pursuits and growth to be something that viewers can deeply relate to. I’ll work hard to prepare so that this drama can be remembered as a good one.”

조이서 김다미의 사진

Kim Da Mi as Jo Yi Seo

Actress Kim Da Mi plays Jo Yi Seo, a highly intelligent sociopath. She’s famous as a social media star and blogger, and has an angel-like countenance offset with an un-angel-like personality. Though she and Park Sae Roy get off on the wrong foot, they eventually work together in Itaewon.

장대희 유재명의 사진

Yoo Jae Myung as Jang Dae Hee

Rounding out the main cast is Yoo Jae Myung in the role of Jang Dae Hee, the merciless CEO of a corporate food company. He’s a self-made chaebol who entered the food industry fueled by memories of childhood poverty and hunger. When he once again faces Park Sae Roy, who was involved in an accident with his son, the fortress of his life begins to crack.

오수아 권나라의 사진

Kwon Na Ra as Oh Soo Ah

Abandoned by her mother, her childhood grew up in nursery school. She has a strong self-esteem and a self-defense mechanism. Her father was the only one who opened her heart. 

Supporting Cast

Kim Dong Hee as Jang Geun Soo

장근수 김동희의 사진
Ahn Bo Hyun as Jang Geun Won

장근원 안보현의 사진
Kim Hye Eun as Kang Min Jung

강민정 김혜은의 사진
Lee Joo Young as Ma Hyun Yi
David Lee as Lee Ho Jin
Yoon Kyung Ho
Ryu Kyung Soo
Son Hyun Joo as Park Sae Roy’s father

이태원 클라쓰 인물관계도

Teaser:

Spoiler

press conf

OST

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 8

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Itaewoon Class, 이태원 클라쓰 - Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi & Yoo Jae Myung
  • 2 weeks later...

Kwon Nara Confirms For Drama With Park Seo Joon

Kwon Nara Confirms For Drama With Park Seo Joon

by R. Jun (Soompi)

Kwon Nara’s agency A-MAN Project has confirmed that the actress will be joining the upcoming drama “Itaewon Class” (literal title)!

The drama, which stars Park Seo Joon, is based on a popular Daum webtoon of the same name, and is about a group of stubborn, brave young people who rise up in an unfair world. Their world is the Itaewon neighborhood of Seoul, where they open a food business.

Park Seo Joon will be playing the character Park Sae Roy, who doesn’t give one inch in the face of injustice and is quick to jump to action. He is still harboring anger after the death of his father, the CEO of a large food company, when he takes to Itaewon to pursue his dream.

Kwon Nara has taken on the role of Oh Soo Ah, Park Sae Roy’s first love and now an employee of a rival company. She’s a talented, capable career woman whose confidence and honesty win over those around her.

Through her agency, Kwon Nara said, “I was drawn to the straightforward confidence of Oh Soo Ah,” and expressed her determination to do her best in the role.

Meanwhile, Kwon Nara was swept up in a dating rumor yesterday with actor Lee Jong Suk, which was denied by A-MAN Project.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone :) wow i was surpised i found this forum.

First, i loooove park seo joon, and when i found out that he will star in itaewon class, i feel excited as he will have a new project, and i heard the female lead is kim dami, so i tried to search her information and i watched The Witch, wow i love her acting.. She's really talented, no wonder she is nicknamed "rookie monster" by korean press with various awards she got in the beginning of her career. So i think she and psj will be a good pair.. Can't wait until the drama airs :lol:

So, if you have the same interest in this drama, let's enliven this forum and share all about psj, kdm, other casts information, and about the drama itself :D

By the way, anyone knows where to read the full webtoon? I've read until chapter 11 only with english subtitle, i can find no more :tears:

Edited by Anjalifairy
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
[The video is deleted due to being respectful of the filming process]

PSJ was spotted filming itaewon class in itaewon! This might be the scene where park sae roy came to itaewon and there was halloween party there (turned out it was a real halloween street party), then he accidentally bumped into oh soo ah for the first time in years after releasing from jail.. Thats what i can remember from webtoon. Cmiiw :D

Cr. jaim._.gym (vid's owner) 

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Itaewoon Class, 이태원 클라쓰 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi & Yoo Jae Myung - Premieres in February 2020

Based on this ig owner, there's itaewon class filming in front of the cafe named "Manman Kokoro" in hongdae. Seemed like psj and kdm were there :blush:

And according to jkim (itaewon class food stylist), her team works really hard day and night to meet the expectation of the drama.

Good luck for all the actors, staff, and all the team involved for the drama

Itaewon Class fighting!! :love:

• Like 3

Aww neomu kyeoptaaa seojunaah~ :kiss_wink:

For kdm, tbh i wasn't familiar with her before watching the witch. Though she may not be that extra beautiful with common beauty standard like double eyelids or sharp jaw or whatever but i think she's beautiful just the way she is and not to mention that great acting skill. She really raises my expectation of her how she'll act as jo yi seo. I trust her :blush:

• Like 3

Itaewon class filming process from jkim's instagram update (itaewon class food stylist). 

Since it's about a competition between major company of food service and the fact that park sae roy himself is a restaurant owner,  probably we should anticipate that there'll be a lot of drooling and tempting food in the drama.. That already sounds interesting to me! 

Still about 3 months left before the drama airing (it might be aired at the end of january).. Aww can hardly waittt 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pluviopmauve said:

The drama cast is right in my liking. Beside Park Seo Joon I also like Kim Da Mi too. She has something unique about her. 

Anyone here read original webtoon? 

I've read it until chapter 11 in english.. And read the original as well but my hangul is suck so i couldn't understand :joy:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

I've read it until chapter 11 in english.. And read the original as well but my hangul is suck so i couldn't understand :joy:

Is it serious or more comedy like? Because I’m a bit confused. The genre of drama listed as “slice of life”, but, if I remember correctly, director said that they will work hard to make people laugh.

• Like 2