[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

When was that scene? I totally cannot remember it. It's been a crazy week here so I finished all my dramas in a rush. Can't even remember what happened to what plot.

So when did they pull each other's hair? I was working harder trying to imagine if Jeong Won's mother was Jeong Wan. Then the Chairman would be Ik Jun. The Surgical head would be the Obgyn guy. Then Audrey Hepburn would be Song Hwa- classy to the end.

And still no romantic vibes in all those elders.

Of all people since I have a soft spot for the top in medical class Ik Jun- am only interested who he ends up with. I have no clue mind you if he would end up with anyone. But because his ambitious ex was such a richard simmons want him and his son to have a happy family life. Although the kid did say he was happy just having his dad. The others are doing just fine. In fact Jeong Won is doing so fine don't even see him falling in love with a woman unless it comes as a bolt of lightning. I mean if a man is still consistently devoted to God at 40 and had no girlfriends- i.e. physical desires- I have pretty much given him over to the priesthood. Since he is Catholic and all.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, maggiee said:

But, I don't ship them because I am on Jung Rosa and Ju Jongsu ship hahhaa. (Btw this ship doesn't need to be sailed in romantic way, because at those ages, I don't think they think to marry again, but I just like they live supporting each other) :D

I binged on this show yesterday and this is my ultimate OTP. They're so hilarious. 

• Like 2

No, Dr Jang didn’t do those things to impress anyone (I didn’t imply that).  The point of those scenes was that Andrea did not respond like everyone else did.  Those scenes were meant to make everyone feel for her.  That she was brave and badass.  But Andrea’s response stood out from the crowd.  You have to ask why.  And that was the writer’s point.  He wasn’t impressed.  Contrast what is it that impresses him and brings forth praise from his mouth?  It was Dr Bae’s compassion and empathy.  It was her quick thinking to order the XRay of the first twin without being asked.  It’s meant to contrast what he values in life (in a person).  It’s all about character.  And your true colors come out in little things.  Empathy and compassion is very hard to learn.  Jang has no empathy.  I think his interest in finding out about her in the next episode is more to find out where she’s coming from.  If she is indeed autistic or suffers from Aspergers.  He’s not interested in her.  The resident crushes are supposed to mirror the final pairing that the writer wants.  Jang is after Andrea.  Captain Ahn is after SHwa.  Yes MinHa is after SH too but she looks to have given up yeah (so that crush is different)?  Not so the remaining crushes.  They are pursuing their crush despite the setbacks.  Just like Jang was pursuing the abusive father...dogged, relentless.  But notice how SHwa was the one who knocked him out?  Cinderella (Jang) left her shoes for Prince Charming (Andrea) to pick up.  And despite being asked about her shoes, he just looks exasperated, he did nothing.  This writer has a habit of trolling everyone and it is only if you look at the breadcrumbs that you will find her true intent.  The pairing of Chairman Ju and Andrea’s mom is supposed to foreshadow what is to come.  That you can have a long time friendship and even have detours but you find each other in the end.  The marathon that Andrea was supposed to run for?  Pink run - breast cancer.  He was running in support of breast cancer.  Who potentially has breast cancer now?  The car parking incident.  IJ parks and then SHwa screeches in to park next to him.  Then there’s this very cryptic conversation.

IJ - you are the queen of parking.

SHwa - if I quit, I will be a chauffeur (I think subs may be off here. Did she mean valet?)

Right on cue, Andrea screeches into the carpark, hops out of his car and says,

Andrea - someone park my car please.

See the links?  Breadcrumbs.  That’s the markings of a good writer.  You keep the audience guessing but you plant all the clues (hidden, cryptic).  I smile when I see the popularities of the various ships in the Korean list (someone listed it in order).  And the writer would be smiling too because her final pairing is nowhere to be seen.  She’s hidden it well, mission accomplished.  She has to keep people guessing for 3 seasons.  :lol: Like how good thrillers or whodunnits are done.  And when you finally reveal it in the end, there will be a big outcry.  People who have missed it will need to rewatch to find those clues again because they will think, “how did I miss that?”.  And it ensures people will be talking about it for a long time after.   People are still talking about the Reply series yeah?  Because they missed the pairing?  I think that’s her modus operandi.   

• Like 4

I'm rewatching Hospital Playlist for the third time this weekend. Heh. Honestly, I actually went back just to check if I could somehow get some subtle hints embedded about Songhwa and Junwan but ended up digging someone else's. Lol. I know I said there were subtle hints of Songhwa and Jungwon in terms of optics but now that I am going back with more consciousness on the scenes, man there are loads of it. I know the Reply Team are very meticulous and specific about their script all the way to their props but hey, I could be over-analyzing them too. Optics can be a double-edged sword, it could be either a foreshadowing (hint) or a dud (confusion) since it's not as conducive as dialogues. With the runners of the show, it's always layered, they scatter their hints, subtle but there. And although, it could be coincidental, the frequency is really just way too high to be ignored.

I'll be honest in terms of optics and subtle hints, Jungwon and Songhwa are always there but they don't have a dialogue which is why I'm hesitant to share all the small details I have picked up so far. My brain has started to dissect scenes and subtle hints embedded in their dialogue, songs and optics (the pursuit of trying to find connection between Junwan and Songhwa ended with Jungwon and Songhwa) Lol. I've got two relevant subtle hints about them (one is the couple mug I have posted) and here's the other,

a91f256103ca25d4d3104afc6205592e.jpg

0783dae123e5616474d829d9e6d2be6a.jpg

I mean, what a coincidence. I posted this before too. This was Jungwon's hand during the Marathon Run and this was Songhwa's in the preview. It looks way too correlated to me, some sort of foreshadowing. They've put such emphasis on both of their hands. It was indeed a foreshadowing for Songhwa's current situation, Jungwon ran for a breast cancer marathon and now we have Songhwa in her impending storm, maybe there's a deeper connection or maybe none. Lol.

And this was actually Songhwa and Jungwon's first two-shot and it reminded me of this,

84c3686852e5e819adf951b25359b82e.jpg

92779390_180417139599667_7768740053345370112_n.png?_nc_cat=109%26_nc_sid=b96e70%26_nc_ohc=6b9W3yWhfnEAX8lO5IJ%26_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-6.fna%26oh=0faab56d519fb28edbb2f82ec3bafbb3%26oe=5EB64F7F&key=eec157d9250690c9225b9c90a0722cb333bcf4b92f913d66a7cda9ecbeb56448

I used to think that Jungwon is probably the last person to get involved with Songhwa but after everything I've picked up so far (I'll share them later if they end up together), he might be in the front line from the start. We know how sly Shin-PD can get. Lol. Like I mentioned, this couple is on the minority and their fans are really mentioning their story is just waiting to be told and I can't wait to find out if this all leads somewhere. At this point, if Songhwa and Jungwon is indeed the end game. Then, man. The creators are really just so meticulous and damn detailed. They're nowhere (in dialogue) but everywhere (in hints).

Anyhow, I guess for the few count of shippers of Jungwon and Songhwa, there's still lots of hope (at least, as compared to Junwan x Songhwa) 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

@nrllee one word, bravo! 

@habromanic welcome to the club! It's damn addicting looking for the clues and decoding the subtleties, right? And it is so satisfying when you make the connection of all the clues that you picked up. Being a puzzle lover, I have to say the working of this drama is my cup of tea. 7 more episodes to go. Hope you will continue to enjoy the fun search of those hidden clues/hints. Key - look beyond the obvious *wink* 

Join us on the other site. We shall welcome your findings there! :)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, minstar0908 said:

- Minha's crush/admiration for Seokhyung. I feel like it came out of nowhere but I'm not angry with it, I just want to see how it plays out since it's really a tough time for Seokhyung with the appearance of the mistress demanding the divorce

I was feeling the same about Min-ha's crush on Seok-hyung...where did this come from? Episode 3 she was calling him a 'frustrating sloth' while the other ob/gyn residents were praising him and his credentials. In the beginning of episode 4 calling him anti-social and psycho. Then again Min-ha is a big romantic. I can see her opinion of him completely change after watching firsthand his thoughtfulness and care with the woman giving birth to her anencephaly baby. Plus he's in a band!

• Like 6

On 4/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, maggiee said:

I can't hate Minha though. As her description said that she learn those make up and fashion style things from her mother. I mean, it's just her choice of style. I won't bother.

Well, me too. I can't hate Min Ha just because of her choice of style. Even somehow, I think her make up looks very refreshing. 

On 4/11/2020 at 7:41 PM, habromanic said:

I used to think that Jungwon is probably the last person to get involved with Songhwa but after everything I've picked up so far (I'll share them later if they end up together), he might be in the front line from the start.

I was always curious, in the second episode of the funeral scene, when Song Hwa talked about her past crush, the camera rarely focused on Jeong Won's expression, and Jeong Won's didn't give any response to it. I wonder if Shin-PD was too overly unwilling to show it or what idk. Anyway, Shin-PD could always show Jeong Won's response naturally to Song Hwa's confession, but he didn't. Sometimes, I also think that Shin-PD purposely wants us to believe Jeong Won as the last person to get involved with Song Hwa? Idk, it just make me more curious.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:27 AM, kokodus said:

With the way Song hwa's arc is headed, I don't think she will end up with anyone. Atleast not in this season. And I'm okay with that. My girl needs no man. LOL. 

Yeah, I also think that way. There is more of Songhwa as Songhwa than her relationship status. 

Btw @JJS's Fan-atics

I am checking Nokdu Flower right now. Thank you for the recommendation :kiss_wink:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, habromanic said:

I'm rewatching Hospital Playlist for the third time this weekend. Heh. Honestly, I actually went back just to check if I could somehow get some subtle hints embedded about Songhwa and Junwan but ended up digging someone else's. Lol. I know I said there were subtle hints of Songhwa and Jungwon in terms of optics but now that I am going back with more consciousness on the scenes, man there are loads of it. I know the Reply Team are very meticulous and specific about their script all the way to their props but hey, I could be over-analyzing them too. Optics can be a double-edged sword, it could be either a foreshadowing (hint) or a dud (confusion) since it's not as conducive as dialogues. With the runners of the show, it's always layered, they scatter their hints, subtle but there. And although, it could be coincidental, the frequency is really just way too high to be ignored.

I'll be honest in terms of optics and subtle hints, Jungwon and Songhwa are always there but they don't have a dialogue which is why I'm hesitant to share all the small details I have picked up so far. My brain has started to dissect scenes and subtle hints embedded in their dialogue, songs and optics (the pursuit of trying to find connection between Junwan and Songhwa ended with Jungwon and Songhwa) Lol. I've got two relevant subtle hints about them (one is the couple mug I have posted) and here's the other,

I mean, what a coincidence. I posted this before too. This was Jungwon's hand during the Marathon Run and this was Songhwa's in the preview. It looks way too correlated to me, some sort of foreshadowing. They've put such emphasis on both of their hands. It was indeed a foreshadowing for Songhwa's current situation, Jungwon ran for a breast cancer marathon and now we have Songhwa in her impending storm, maybe there's a deeper connection or maybe none. Lol.

And this was actually Songhwa and Jungwon's first two-shot and it reminded me of this,

I used to think that Jungwon is probably the last person to get involved with Songhwa but after everything I've picked up so far (I'll share them later if they end up together), he might be in the front line from the start. We know how sly Shin-PD can get. Lol. Like I mentioned, this couple is on the minority and their fans are really mentioning their story is just waiting to be told and I can't wait to find out if this all leads somewhere. At this point, if Songhwa and Jungwon is indeed the end game. Then, man. The creators are really just so meticulous and damn detailed. They're nowhere (in dialogue) but everywhere (in hints).

Anyhow, I guess for the few count of shippers of Jungwon and Songhwa, there's still lots of hope (at least, as compared to Junwan x Songhwa) 

Have you notice their promotional pictures as well? JWon and SH seems to have this subtle look with each other all the time whenever they’re not close together. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

5 hours ago, habromanic said:

omg same here! the focus on those couple mugs have been bugging me since. made me look for more hints after, even the slightest interactions between them piqued my curiosity and my interest. can't wait to collect more crumbs from the rest of the season! 

SONGHWA UNNIE, FIGHTING! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 7:08 AM, im0202 said:

@Ameera Ali Miss your gifs... they always make me laugh!

@Lawyerh I stared at your gif for a good half minute waiting for the money to be finished counting :joy: It's looped so perfectly LOL. Are you watching this drama as well? @hibiscus23 too come and join in!

@im0202 sorry no am not watching this :( not really into new kdramas since CLOY & Choco hahaha (hvnt been here for a while bc of Lent and today is my very first time! it seems most of our chingoos fr other kdramas are watching this too? woah!!! good group again but am waiting for the new drama of SSH

howdy my chingoos here? among a few.... @thanie@Ameera Ali@Lawyerh

• Love 3

18 hours ago, Arcbow said:

I want something impossible....

I want Lee Ik-jun with Jang Gyeo-wool. why? I don't know, just I like when they together.

I don't blame you, it's such a delightful relationship. ;) He puts everyone instantly at ease. It only goes to prove what a great mentor he is to his subordinates. One of my favourite scenes of his is when he's subtly telling off the senior professor for whining about the packed meals. He dealt with it expertly without offending anyone or creating waves. He defused a potentially tense situation with humour, wit and charm. That was one of his defining moments for me... it's such incredibly good writing.

It's also good to see him taking her under his wing.

@JJS's Fan-atics

Spoiler

Hello dear. How are you? Thank you for your kind words and remembering me. I remember a ship war brewing in Jealousy Incarnate as well. Dear me. :D In the end it got a bit too much for me...

Loved Nokdu Flower as well. Fantastic OST. Such a pity that not a lot more people watched it.

I'm here mainly for the PD... he was at the helm of Prison Playbook, one of my all-time favourites. JJS and JKH are the cherry on top for me.

Hope you stick around. This is shaping up to be a great drama.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:27 PM, kokodus said:

With the way Song hwa's arc is headed, I don't think she will end up with anyone. At least not in this season. And I'm okay with that. My girl needs no man. LOL. 

In principle, I agree. But I don't think we can be sure about anything at this early stage. Characters are evolving and circumstances are changing all the time.

However, I still think that she yearns to be in a relationship eventually. We shouldn't forget she was dating another doctor at the start of the drama so the desire is there on some level. She's certainly looking for something outside her relationship with the 5 guys. I don't think it's about "needing" a man per se... because she is lacking in a particular quality. It could be about lifelong companionship and even having kids of her own. Even Wonder Woman longs for a Steve in her life.

Of course a serious relationship may be out of the question if she thinks breast cancer is an issue. However if she meets the right guy, it  may not be an issue at all. 

23 hours ago, kokodus said:

I don't see Dr. Jang having any malicious intentions. Her character is being put into so much scrutiny here, I think it's unfair. If it was Song hwa who did this, I don't think she will be hated this much. LOL. Song hwa even lied that she is good in singing to get into the band and be near Ik Jun. So if what Dr. Jang did is wrong then what song hwa did is outright crime. LOLOL. 

What you say here reminds me of something that's been brewing in my mind. I feel that my opinion on Song-hwa and romance in this show runs counter to certain prevailing opinions.

There seems to be a general assumption that we're dealing with a reverse harem here. That somehow Song-hwa has to end up with one of those 4 guys like in Reply 1988. I'm happy to be corrected but that's the feeling I'm having because I sense some kind of ship war looming in the distance. I guess it's understandable seeing that most of us have been watching K dramas for a while and that's what we've been conditioned to assume.

However, for some reason... I don't feel believe that what we're seeing is a reverse harem at play where the female lead is at the centre and we're trying to play a guessing game of "who will Song-hwa end up with". What it feels like to me is that we have 5 main characters who are the best of friends with individual storylines that intersect with one another's in part because they work in the same context. To me it's more like a symphony or maybe a better analogy would be a tapestry where all the various elements combine together to form a single whole. As I said last week, Pachelbel's Canon is a great metaphor of what is going on with the shifting focus from one of the Fab Five to another. Putting their individual lives under the microscope and then showing their respective spheres of influence. Those who love them, misunderstand them and need them. To me this is where the real genius of the writing and directing lies.

In a way I feel bad that I'm not very interested in who she ends up with because it seems to me to be the least interesting aspect of the show. For me the show is much much more than that. To be fair, it's much more than Dr Jang and Jeong-won as well although that has the benefit (for me) of being quirky. These recent happenings with Song-hwa and Jun-wan are illustrative of, for one, the unpredictability of life. A professional woman at the height of her career possibly diagnosed with cancer thus making her rethink her priorities. Jun-wan has been seeing an array of women and suddenly he's showing romantic interest in his best friend's sister. All of these events have ripple effects. Song-hwa potentially having cancer won't just be about Song-hwa. Jun-wan getting serious about Ik-su may or may not affect his friendship with Ik-jun. I think it is highly possible that Ik-su may not be as interested in him as he is in her so it would be heaps of fun seeing Dr Thanos running around frantically trying to woo her and fend off competition. It remains to be see of course if that will make him less grumpy. ;)

One of the lessons that Dr Maggot suggests to me is that we are all work-in-progresses. As long as we're alive, we never stop learning and growing. It doesn't matter how close to perfection we may appear to others :P there's always more to challenge us. The beauty of being human too is that we can change... and change our minds. But the other thing that I see with the Fab Five having relationships outside of their present dynamic is that it is potentially intrusive. Band practice might be more of a challenge. It already is to some degree. To me that is where the fun and games actually begin.

There's another scene that sticks in my mind. It's when Capt Ahn goes to Song-hwa for advice about the Indonesian worker. In typical SH fashion, she does all the ringing around even though he offers to do the calling and contacting. From a certain perspective SH looks like Ms Efficient but what really stood out to me there is that she is someone who needs to let go a bit more. She has set high standards for herself and feels that it is all up to her. There's something unhealthy in that too. Let's face it, she's a control freak to the max and perhaps there is a silver lining to the cloud that's looming large. I actually think Capt Ahn understands her better than she thinks. From what he said to her during the big confession, I'd say he understands her perfectly. At the time I wondered why he said what he said to her about not being able to control things just because she says so. It all makes sense when we put it in sequence with the start of the previous episode.

There's a lovely logic to the show with regards to the personality types. I'm a huge fan of Ik-jun and he's a great dad from all accounts. He is Mr Likeable but he tends to spread himself a bit too thin which is also why I think, in part, his marriage failed. 

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

And there we go again with clues and puzzles. This is not even a clear husband hunt where the writer wants us to find who he is by deliberately not revealing his name and identity. LOL. I did think the writer is doing this like the reply series when the topic of secret first crush and anonymous shoe giver was involved, but from how quick we got answers to those puzzles I'm kinda relieved. Decoding clues and puzzles might be a fun thing to do, but I for one look for that emotional connection with the characters, be it hating them or loving them or rooting for them, I decide it by watching how the characters behave not because of their car plate numbers. Hahahaha. Also this writer-director duo has already proved that they are much more capable than those ridiculous husband hunts by crafting one of the most wonderful drama I've ever watched, Prison playbook. So rest assured no matter who ends up with whom, we will all be fully satisfied with the outcome, unless we cling on to a particular ship desperately based on some hidden clues that I don't even know whether the writer intended to have. LOL. 

@40somethingahjumma Always a pleasure reading your posts!!!!  

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I think instead of searching for crumbs, we must also consider the theme of the episode. A lot of turning points happened in episode 3. Aloha episode.

The lunch at Song Hwa 's room, Pink run, priest's recommendation letter, revelation of Dr. Jang's crush on Jeong Won, Min Ha ranting about Seok Hyeong, camping with Dr. Ahn plus the revelation about the shoes, Jun Wan seeing Ik Sun again and Ik Jun's divorce. We were introduced to the characters' potential love lines except for Ik Jun who got his heart broken several times in the episode (Divorce, cheating, brain dead patient) --- Aloha. Hello & goodbye.

In Pink run, Jeong Won got the number 1808. I've mentioned before that it's the area code for Hawaii. Jun Wan and Jeong Won share a secret about Hawaii. The run could also be a foreshadowing to Song Hwa's future dilemma. The color Pink wasn't only seen on the run. The album cover of Aloha is also Pink.

They organized these details very well. There's fun in guessing but we should also consider the emotional bond/connection they share with their potential partners. Good chemistry & crumbs aren't enough. Let's treat the characters as real people with their own needs, goals and aspiration. What's in store for them in the future? Can his/her potential love interest fill in whatever's lacking in his/her life? Are they headed toward the same direction?

There's so much to consider. PD Shin & Writer Lee still keep a lot of flashbacks from us but one thing's for sure, they know their characters well. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Josh Marquez In terms of promotional posters, I don't think Shin-PD's the type to put clues in the photos. They're constant on mixing their positions and everyone gets a central role in their posters. The Reply team always make sure to not include any hints on their posters. I remember when Prison Playbook playbills came out, they had two concepts; one dark (characters showing their grim expressions) and one light (characters smiling blissfuly). It turned out as almost all characters with dark posters were the good ones and the light were the bad ones. They used that as a deception. For, Reply, they're just really neutral with their posters.

@anya24 I'm really curious too if it leads somewhere because the creators can shift tides anytime. Like I said, it's a double edged-sword. :)

@miracle23 It's actually cool to notice things that go beyond the naked eye and although, there were lots of things I have noticed and connections I have drawn, there are times when I feel like I might be over-analyzing too :sweatingbullets: But I'll drop by the blog you're referring to! It's great to have a platform to exchange ideas.

@kokodus Prison Playbook was actually written by a different writer. Lee was involved at a certain extent as the creator but it was written by Jung Bo-Hoon. I honestly went into Hospital Playlist with a mindset that it should be separated entirely with Reply but once you watch, the traces are there, like I said old habits do die hard. In Prison Playbook, the central cast was only with two characters: Park Hae-Soo and Jung Kyungho, the rest were supporting, including their love lines, the romantic bits were so minor and still even then, they played a couple of misdemeanours and tricks at one point. The ensemble (all the way to the OST) of Hospital Playlist is on par with Reply but the story-telling is Prison Playbook style. That is why I have mentioned it was a hybrid of Prison Playbook and Reply. We're past their teenage years, everyone's is in their 40s and yet they set clues in flashbacks. With Reply, they start with the future, take us through their past which is the present in their storytelling and that's when the viewers start asking: what happened then and who is the future. With Hospital Playlist, we go through their present without any future pretense but small bits of pasts which include substantive narratives that will definitely affect their present and no set future (Prison Playbook style). If it was any other creators, I would have considered everything else as background noise but this is the duo with the signature of the thrill of romantic hunt. For the first two weeks, I thought they would finally be linear, at the third week and fourth, I was wondering if their old habits would bite back and on the fifth, it's definitely still there. :sweatingbullets: But hey, I could still be wrong, who knows might be thinking and what not? I'd actually be happy to jump at the end where they go down in a route I didn't expect them to! I'm actually just also watching with no particular bias (my bias has sank ㅠ) Emotional connections (event at the slightest extent of minimal drops of dialogue) exist already, we're invested in all the characters which is why when they drop a couple of twists or two between two characters, most aren't appalled and embracing. 

We're half-way through the drama (with two more seasons in set), the possibilities are infinite which is why I'm enjoying the drama! I love how they put the romance as a minor story (but let's be honest, it's the central pull for most viewers) and put their professional narrative first and personal second. All characters are passionate doctors which explains a lot why they're still all single. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I CANNOT WAIT . I JUST CANNOT WAIT for the start of JJS love line. PD you castes the ROM - Com King here & he is doing the comedy part quite brilliantly as expected BUT u r WASTING his talent in romance field.:P. No matter with whom , with Songhwa or some other random girl, no matter temporary or permanent but I Want his love life & 5 episodes in & trailer for next episode but there is not a hint of romance on his part. Damn u PD :rage:. I M Not Okay to b him just a good dad. 

Are u listening to me team behind the cams,  I want to see his intense longing stares , his loving smile for his potential love interest & his beautiful lips in action for not just talking & eating:P:D:).

Besides Lee Ik Jun & u_ju deserves all the happiness in the whole wide world.

@40somethingahjumma

Spoiler

Hi there, I remember the fan war in JI thread as well & this is why I m extremely happy that here JJS character is all fun & he is not at the receiving end of hate from audience . Nokdu flower is such a Jem & it deserved A LOt more love.:bawling::sweatingbullets:

@Kaizen68

Spoiler

Hi there, I am happy u r giving Nokdu Flower a try. Do let me know plz if u liked it or not once u finishes it.

@miracle23

Spoiler

Hi there , about which other forum are u talking about? Drama beans? If not tell me the name plz I want to visit that forum as well.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@habromanic Prison playbook also had lot of twists and turns, not only in the romantic front, like how they dealt with Looney's character at the end. This writer-director team really like to surprise people. That is what I gather from watching their dramas. And I'm sure that this drama will also having some shocking reveal or twist at the end. I just don't want to get ahead of the writer. I did that once in R88 and got burned. LOL. But I don't regret it, i would have still rooted for Jung hwan even if I knew the endgame from the beginning. When Jung hwan didn't get the girl I was upset, but I didn't hate Taek for stepping up. I'm just little concerned that the intense hatred I see for a particular character in HP is because she comes in between a particular ship. You know what I mean. I don't want to be in the middle of another fanwar here. LOL. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's a lovely logic to the show with regards to the personality types.

Lovely indeed...and I got drawn to it as well.

But not only the personalities.... but also the theme or substance we see every episode. Can't say enough about the writer's use of parallels to further enrich it's content.
1. The Catholic faith (JW's family) and JW who has remained celibate   

...and preparing for priesthood(?).
2. The Military (Capt Ahn, IkSun and one of the twins).  
3. The Surgeons at their best.

All are noble professions/vocation demanding dedication, commitment, discipline, and selflessness. 

Note:  The main cast are nearing mid-life (40's)... yet all are single, except for IkJun (just divorced)...a victim of the rigors of the trade...(i.e. too much time with patients and with friends).

Finally...love the bond (friendship), and The Band...where they get to unwrap the day and verbalize their hearts and minds into one harmonious melody.  A joy to see them play and have fun (singing their hearts out)...bonding like glue..... after a strenuous day restoring the sick to good health.  

A perfect mix of selfless friends.....nice.

:)

Wow... all of you guys' analyses on SongHwa-JeongWon couple being the endgame!! :lol:

Lawls... ya'll and your details and analyses on same gestures and all that.... although are great and amazing details... but idk why... just to put two people together as endgame based on those 'symbols' and not much on their onscreen interactions are, to me, a bit too far-fetched, no? 'oh both of them are shown putting their hands together' that must mean they will be endgame... like whaaa?? Not to put anyone down at all, I wish I had that kind of hawk-eyes to notice that too lol.. 

Anyways, based on the 5 episodes thus far, it's hard for me to see SongHwa-JeongWon as a potential couple now, unless the PD-writer duo pull a 'Choi Taek' where one of them suddenly makes a move on one another in the next episodes... if not, them being together (at least for this season) seems so far-fetched to me... :unsure: but then again, we're still only about half-way.. so who knows!

I forgot to comment... but GO ARAAAAAA MY GURLLL :wub: bringing back R94 feels!! Although she's here for Ik-Jun story, I'm curious and excited for any onscreen interactions of her and JeongWon together HAHA :w00t: even better with JeongWon's oldest priest brother too (her R95 appa LOL) Cant wait!!!

• Like 4

I'm most worried about this oppa though.....What if Ik sun doesn't accept him? I can't handle oppa being heartbroken. We are all swooning over how sweet and straightforward this confession is....but we didn't get to hear her answer. Expect the unexpected is this writer's motto. So what if she is not in the same place as him and rejects him outright. Sighh. This couple kinda reminds me of Sunwoo and bora from R88. Being in their own sweet bubble of romance without getting involved in any sort of hunt. Haha. But it was not an easy road for them too, they had so many obstacles before they could be together. I think it will be the same for our birdy couple too.

• Love 4