Name: Jang Ki Yong

Hangul: 장기용

Hanja:  張基龍

Birthdate: 7th August 1992

Height: 187 cm

Education: Yong In University & Seokyeong University

Agency

YG KPLUS

|| Official website || Facebook || Naver || Instagram || YouTube || Naver Blog || V Live || Weibo ||

YG Entertainment

|| Official Website || Facebook || Twitter || YouTube || Naver || Weibo ||

Social Media

|| Instagram || V Live || Twitter || Weibo ||

Other information

Wikipedia [Eng] [Kor] [Chi] || Namu Wiki || AsianWiki || DramaWiki || Naver || Daum || YG Stage || Cine21 ||

Jang Ki Yong debuted as a model in 2012 and as an actor in 2014 in It's Okay, That's Love. He began gaining popularity in 2017's Confession Couple and 2018's My Ahjussi. In the same year, he scored his first leading role in Come and Hug Me. He will also kickstart his Chungmuro career in the movie, Bad Guy: The Movie.

bs2_thumb.gifbs2_thumb.gifbs2_thumb.gif

= Please abide to below forum rules when posting =

1. All general forum rules apply. Please read the rules carefully. You will be warned if you are found in violation of any of these rules.

2. Do not bypass the swear filter. Using *, ! or other symbols in place of a letter is unacceptable.     

3. Do not bash drama and movie characters, actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information. Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts. Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well. Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion.

5. When posting pictures, you are allowed to put 50 pictures in one post. Consider posting pictures in thumbnail sizes instead if they are large images.

6. Use the spoiler tag for multiple images and videos. When posting images and videos (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, gifs, etc), if you have more than 3 images and/or videos, the fourth image/video onward need to go into the spoiler tag. This facilitates the transition between pages and enhances the user experience for those who have limited data caps.      

Spoiler

7. Do not post consecutively (one after another). Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post.     

8. Do not engage in non-related conversations and share non-related content. If you are not going to engage in a discussion about a drama, movie, or actor/actress, use the PM system or other means of communication. Keep birthday celebrations out of thread topics unless it pertains to the stars of the thread involved.

9. Do not post "I own this page" or make "thread milestone celebrations." It is not necessary to have five pages of variations of "I own this page" or "Congratulations on making 1000 pages!" We may prune the forums anytime so there is no point in celebrating.

10. Use the spoiler tag for multiple images and videos. When posting images and videos (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, gifs, etc), if you have more than 3 images and/or videos, the fourth image/video onward need to go into the spoiler tag. This facilitates the transition between pages and enhances the user experience for those who have limited data caps.

11. Do not create new threads or posts to post fanfix or post entire fanfix in the official threads. Fanfix belong in the fanfix forum. You can only post a link or a banner that leads to the fanfix in the fanfix forum. Discussions regarding the fanfix are otherwise prohibited in this forum. Also, continuously advertising your fanfix in a thread will be regarded as spamming.

12. Do not solicit votes for external poll/vote sites. One post with the link and instructions for voting should suffice. Do not continually post poll updates/results and request for participation. Final results for poll/vote may be posted on its completion.

Full Actors/Actresses Rules > Here

Please keep this thread organized, clean and peaceful when posting.

Have additional questions or comments? PM a moderator or admin.

• Like 1

— FILMOGRAPHY —

TV Dramas

hR7u1p7.jpg

2014 | It's Okay, That's Love (as Sam)

2014 | The Greatest Marriage (as Bae Deu Ro)

2014 | Schoolgirl Detectives (as Ahn Chae Joon)

2015 | This is My Love (as Lee Suk Tae)

2016 | Beautiful Mind (as Nam Ho Young)

2017 | The Liar and His Lover (as Ji In Ho)
2017 | Confession Couple (as Jung Nam Gil)

2018 | My Ahjussi (as Lee Kwang Il)

2018 | Come and Hug Me (as Chae Do Jin)

2019 | Touch Your Heart (cameo)

2019 | Kill It (as Kim Soo Hyun/Number 88)
2019 | Search: WWW (as Park Mo Geun/Morgan Taylor Park)

NfIf7WX.jpg

2020 | Born Again (as Gong Ji Chul/Chun Jong Bum)

2021 | Hello, Me! [cameo]

2021 | My roommate is a Gumiho (Shin Woo Yeo)

2021 | Now, We Are Breaking Up (Yoon Jae Kook)

Wed Dramas

2015 | We Broke Up (as Seo Hyun Woo)

2016 | Love for a Thousand More (as Jason)

2017 | The Boy Next Door (as Sung Gi Jae)

Films

qT3BytZm.jpg

2019 | Bad Guys: The Movie (as Go Yu Seung)

2021 | Sweet & Sour (as Jang Hyuk)

• Like 2

— FILMOGRAPHY —

Variety Shows

2015 | Off to School (JTBC) Ep 27-29

2016 | Tribe of Hip Hop (JTBC)

2016 | Travelling Without Manager Season 2 - Gwangju (COOKAT TV) [3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8]

2021 | Amazing Saturday (tvN) Ep 161

Music Videos

2013 | IU - Red Shoes

2013 | IU - Friday

2013 | Lovelybut (featuring Kang Hyun Jun) - Eye Kiss

2016 | Hongdae Kwang - When in Hongdae

2016 | Kwon Jin Ah - The End

2019 | Brown Eyed Soul - Your Night, My Morning

— DISCOGRAPHY —

hh6XMsR.jpg

2017 | Some Guy OST - Some Guy (with Choi Woo Shik)

2017 | The Liar and His Lover OST - I'm Okay (with Crude Play)

2017 | The Liar and His Lover OST - Peter Pan (with Crude Play)

2017 | The Liar and His Lover OST - In Your Eyes (with Crude Play)

2018 | Come and Hug Me OST Special Track - Tree of Paradise

• Like 2

— ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS —

zeCXf7N.jpg

2014 | 9th Asia Model Awards - Fashion Model Award
2015 | 30th Korea's Best Dresser Swan Awards - Best Dressed Model

2018 | 6th APAN Star Awards - Best New Actor (My Ahjussi)

2018 | 3rd Asia Artist Awards - Rookie Award (My Ahjussi, Come and Hug Me)

2017 | 8th Korea Hallyu Award - Rising Star Award
2018 | MBC Drama Awards - Excellence Award, Actor in Wed-Thu Drama (Come and Hug Me)

2019 | 55th Baeksang Arts Awards - New Actor Award (Come and Hug Me)

• Like 2

— MAGAZINES —

Jang Ki Yong was a model so he'd have appeared in millions of magazines! Therefore I'll only list the ones I could identify...

2012.11 | Homme

2012.11 | Vogue Girl

2012.12 | Marie Claire

2015.XX | W Korea

2015.06 | Elle

2015.09 | Ceci

2016.05 | W Korea

2017 - 2018

LxH30UE.jpg

2017.02 | Ceci

2017.03 | W Korea

2018.01 | Marie Claire

2018.09 | Cosmopolitan

2018.10 | High Cut

sT7JFL4.jpg

2019.03 | Marie Claire

2019.05 | Nylon

2019.06 | High Cut Vol 242

2019.09 | Marie Claire

2019.09 | Arena Homme+

YA5pWdd.jpg

2019.09 | Kstyle

2019.10 | Cine21

2019.10 | Dazed

2019.10 | Marie Claire

2019.10 | GQ

2020.01 | Vogue

• Like 3

[News] 2019.04.29 Pictures from Jang Ki Yong's Wrap Up Thoughts & Interviews

jM3qfma.jpg

Spoiler

n3SKdQR.jpg
wZ67Vog.jpg
U141Pi7.jpg
FSJdfLW.jpg

Final Thoughts Before Conclusion of Kill It:

Meanwhile, Jang Ki Yong also broadened his acting skills as he took on the role of Kim Soo Hyun, who is both an affectionate veterinarian and a ruthless killer. He received a lot of love from the viewers for his sophisticated action scenes, along with his portrayal of the complicated emotions his character went through as he slowly began to change after meeting Do Hyun Jin. Jang Ki Yong said, “While the drama had a heavy and serious mood, the filming set was always fun.”

Jang Ki Yong continued, “I was able to gain strength and film [well] thanks to the consideration from the director, the scriptwriter, and the actors and production staff who suffered throughout the cold winter until spring. Thank you so much to the viewers who continued to support us for six weeks and loved each episode.”

source: Soompi

4 hours ago, my0therside said:

Wow! I cant believe that despite his popularity these days.. its only now that a thread has been started for him! @mademoisellesia thank you for starting the thread! I like ki yong since go back couple..

Yes, he was ♥ in Go Back Couple - suave, tall, gorgeous in uniform & almost perfect. But he surprised me most in My Ahjussi, totally didn't expect him to be able to handle such conflicted character & did so well.

19 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Yes, he was ♥ in Go Back Couple - suave, tall, gorgeous in uniform & almost perfect. But he surprised me most in My Ahjussi, totally didn't expect him to be able to handle such conflicted character & did so well.

I like him.but dont want to watch him.as a dark character.. i had fun watching his web drama..boy next door.. a had quite a laugh..i hope his new drama is romcom this time..

[Fan Pics] 2019.05.01 Bangkok Airport Returning to Seoul

Late last night Jang Ki Yong was spotted at the airport & was all smiles towards the fans (or non-fans). I'm guessing he comes back to attend the Baeksang Arts Awards tonight. More pictures & videos can be found on Twitter & IG.

Spoiler

• Like 3

[News] 2019.05.01Jang Ki Yong Receives New Actor Awards in 55th Baeksang Arts Awards

2019050121340617300.jpeg

Congratulations to Jang Ki Yong! It was an ALL WIN from all judges during the voting stage. *CLAP**CLAP*

Spoiler

2019050121305759600.jpeg

Spoiler

201905012107776548_5cc98c2c6a99d_1024x.j

soso20190502084246_O_01_C_1.jpg

Acceptance Speech: “I am really grateful to have won a prize in such a good position. Although I still get nervous whenever I have to act in front of cameras, but I am constantly learning a lot of things. I learn from every moment I work with my seniors. Finally, I will make every effort to be an exemplary actor.”

Original video: Naver (1)(2)

• Love 2

Im glad a thread has been created for him. I’m so proud of him for winning best new actor award for Come And Hug Me at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards. He did an awesome job and perfect the psycho/dark side of him. I’m glad Nam Joo Hyuk declined the lead role and JKY accepted the role instead. Hopefully in the future, he’ll start winning best actor awards. 

• Like 2