[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

10 hours ago, Ketu R said:

Ik joon song hwa scene was expected. I knew we would not get song hwas answer this season was prepared for it so was not disappointed. I do believe ik song is endgame am not even a little bit doubtlful of that. So am willing to wait to get happy. 

Ik song all day , every day.

@Samuel Yohanescan you plz inform & keep on updating how many votes JJS& JMD has gotten yet in the Beaksang awards tiktok app. Because I can't vote & can't watch the no of votes casted in my country.plz

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LovelyLady said:

My favorite moment:  When he came closer, crossing the line. The way he looks at her, stroked her hair and her face to comfort her, losing himself in her and at the same time checking that it was real, that she was real. Then, he released everything in a kiss and she end up in the embrace of his arms. The perfect picture.

Yoo Yeon Seok and Shin Hyun Bin did this.

When shes tearing up, this song pops up in my mind. Soo goodd

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Ahn Eun-jin's (Min-ha) interview about Season 1 and Season 2. Just as much as I love watching the Fab 5's friendship, I love Min-ha and Dr. Winter's friendship. Looking forward to their conversations next season now Dr. Winter has a boyfriend :wub:  Rooting for the bear-bear couple. Hopefully Ik-jun can play cupid again.

*turn on captions (English)

• Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

I understand why people would think that shin won ho pd and lee woo Jung writer have a thing for first love since almost all of their dramas feature someone falling in love for the first time. But I don’t think they are trying to convey that the couples ended up together because it’s their first love. In fact, I think they are trying to argue that first love often do not work out, at least not in the way it is often romanticized.

In reply 1997, shi won and yoon Jae spent some time apart in the later half of the series. As someone before me mentioned, the title of ep 16 is “the reason why first loves don’t work out”. Yoon Jae and Shi won did not end up together because they were each other’s first loves. Yoon Jae’s declaration of love when he was 18 was messy and passionate — the way first loves are supposed to be. This is exactly what first love signifies — a time in our youth where we are wholly occupied and obsessed with someone. But this kind of love doesn’t last as we grow older and mature. To quote girlfriday’s recap from dramabeans, “their happy ending is not in realizing their first love, but in finding someone to grow up with”. When people end up with their first love, it is not because of the idealized form of love during their youth but rather, the warmth and love they shared as they grew up together.

In reply 1994, najung and trash also broke up before getting back together. I think them broking up is another way of the pd-writer team arguing that first loves just do not work. They hid their hardships from each other, thinking that it is best not to burden each other. It is a very common way of thinking but frankly, it is also quite naive. Communications is one of the most important thing in a relationship and without it, things get misinterpreted and people misunderstand each other. That is exactly what happened between najung and trash — they just got tired of hiding themselves away from each other. It is only when they learnt how to communicate their relationship grew stronger. Again, first love do not last just because you love each other wholeheartedly. A lot of other things, apart from love, go into what makes a relationship last.

In reply 1998, taek/deok sun and Sunwoo/bora also had the same struggles. They fought and argued (and even broke up in the latter’s case) as they try to figure out how to make the relationship last. Eventually, the relationships prevailed because they learnt to put themselves in a position of hurt and communicate better.

That’s why I believe that if Ikjun and Seonghwa ended up together, it is not because they were each other first loves. It is because of the time they spent together as friends that led them to this. If they dated each other when they were 20, chances are that it probably wouldn’t have lasted. They are certainly not the same people they were 20 years ago. First love is merely an infatuation -- passionate but short-lived. At 40, their relationship is so much more than just love. I can’t wait to see how it will evolve!

This is a long post but I really wanted to share my thoughts. Shin pd and Lee writer are focused on creating relationships that mirror real-life. So I have always thought that their focus on first love seems a little out of touch since so little people end up with their first loves in real life. Upon a more careful watch and reading many many reviews on their work, I believe that they are trying to break the overused trope that is love triumphs all. Love is an important part of a relationship but it certainly isn’t everything.

• Like 13
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403492wpp/jeon-mi-do-talks-about-her-rise-in-popularity-after-hospital-playlist-friendship-with-the-cast-and-more

Jeon Mi Do Talks About Her Rise In Popularity After “Hospital Playlist,” Friendship With The Cast, And More

May 29, 2020
by R. Jun

4F6AC3BA-F7A5-4766-BEAB-0BFDB89C962E.png

In an interview with News1 following the end of season one of tvN’s “Hospital Playlist,” actress Jeon Mi Do shared her thoughts on the drama as well as her own rising popularity.

On wrapping up season one, Jeon Mi Do said, “We filmed at an actual hospital at times and on a set at others, and I’m glad we got through everything without any problems. While filming, everyone was worried [about COVID-19]. We filmed during a hard time, and I’m thankful to everyone who loved the drama.”

Jeon Mi Do’s character Chae Song Hwa was about as close to perfect as a character could be. Almost too perfect. Jeon Mi Do commented, “Even I thought the role was too great. It was to the point where I thought, ‘I wish I was that kind of person.’ Thankfully, while she is a great role model and very good at most things, she still has a quirky side to her. She can’t sing at all, but conned her way into being the singer of a band, and she is obsessed with food. I think these little things made her even more charming.”

When asked if she has felt her rise in popularity, she said, “I’ve been noticing a little recently. Honestly, I stay away from comments and reactions because I’m scared. But people I know will send them to me. Seeing my soundtrack hit No. 1, I realized that people really did love the drama. People have been sending me a lot of messages through Instagram and following my account. The number of people who recognize me on the street has also increased by a lot. I thought people wouldn’t recognize me if I wasn’t wearing any glasses, but they recognize me even if I’m wearing a mask.”

0F7903C5-C978-4C0E-A0AE-05A15732A131.jpg

Jeon Mi Do talked about all the actors learning to play their instruments for the band. “We started filming the drama late fall last year, and I started practicing playing the bass in summer. Kim Dae Myung started taking piano lessons in spring. We all practiced on our own, and then we finally got together to play. We had sessions before filming started, and we met up often. When we started filming, we were all already close, so it was very easy.”

The actress commented on the cast’s acting chemistry, saying, “There’s not much difference between the five of us hanging out in real life and us hanging out in the drama.”

On her character’s relationship with Ik Joon (played by Jo Jung Suk), she said she also doesn’t know what her character truly feels. “I hope it’s revealed in season 2.”

Jeon Mi Do mentioned in a previous interview that Jo Jung Suk recommended her for the role of Chae Song Hwa without even knowing she had already auditioned for it. She added in the News1 interview, “I later heard that Yoo Yeon Seok also recommended me. We didn’t know each other at all outside of having said hi in passing a long time ago. I think their recommendations helped the writer and director decide. When I belatedly heard [that they had recommended me], I got goosebumps. I think the whole universe was helping me.”

On her plans moving forward, Jeon Mi Do said season two of the drama will probably start filming at the end of the year. She added, “In the meantime, if I receive an opportunity to do a play or a musical, I have no reason not to do it. And until season 2, the [‘Hospital Playlist’] cast will be meeting up to have band sessions.”

5DD6A825-E94D-43BA-BAD4-5EC1C6D05769.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

Ik song all day , every day.

@Samuel Yohanescan you plz inform & keep on updating how many votes JJS& JMD has gotten yet in the Beaksang awards tiktok app. Because I can't vote & can't watch the no of votes casted in my country.plz

I dont have tiktok either maybe someone else can help. Sorry

• Sad 1

The thing I hope to see in Season 2 (mostly about lovelines):

1. Songhwa's POV!
What is her answer for Ikjun's confession? I hope the writer won't drag it too long because IJ already confessed 3 times. Of course I will be happy if Shwa reciprocate IJ's feeling, but if writer choose different route: like Shwa do not have feeling (anymore) for IJ, I hope it will be revealed in S2 because I don't think my heart can handle seeing IJ's one side love for 3 season. And I prefer seeing character development than guessing what's in Shwa's mind :sweatingbullets:.
I'm also curios why Shwa never want to get married. It's understandable for an independent & successful woman like Shwa prefer the single life, but I hope the writer can show a glimpse of Shwa's view about love.

2. The dynamic of Lacking 5 after Shwa move to Sokcho.
I know Shwa can visit Seoul every weekend, but I still think Shwa's absence will affect the dynamic of Lacking 5 (especially IJ), because she is their emotional pillar. I also want to see development of Shwa's arc. She is perfect in all aspect, but actually her perfection can become her weakness, as example she never want asking out for help. In Ep 2 (Kalguksu scene), Jeongwon have to ask Shwa what's that bothering her mind and she still didn't want to share it until Junwan told Jeongwon that Shwa worried about her patient's operation. In Ep 6 (cancer diagnosis), Shwa don't want sharing her worries to her friends until IJ came up showing support by accompanying her in waiting of her diagnosis result. So I hope in Season 2, we can see Shwa more open up to her friends, because I'm sure all of her friends (especially IJ) will give emotional support to her just like what she did for them.

3. Seokhyung-Minha's development.
Aahhh... My fav OTP. I seldom talk about them because they barely have scenes together (justice for our Bear-Bear Couple :lol:).
I love their growth relationship as mentor-mentee (and potential lover), so I'm fine will all possibilities. I understand why SH rejected MH, because right now SH's mind is full of with his family's problem. And also there will be possibility in S2 that her ex-wife will return in SH's life. If SH-MH will be endgame, I hope writer show first how SH resolve his hanging issue with his ex-wife (like why he always feel sorry towards his ex-wife), before he open up his feeling for MH.

4. Jeongwon-Gyeowool's blossoming love.
I know they are an innocent couple, but I hope writer still can show the mature vibe in their dating relationship, just like she did with Junwan-Iksun, because I can't picture the 40 y/o man with 29 y/o woman acted lovey-dovey like teenage couple :sweatingbullets: (sorry, no offense).
Please also show more of Jeongwon's POV & love about Gyeowool :wub:.

5. Junwan-Iksun's LDR
I believe they can overcome the shortcoming because so far Junwan excelled in handling his r/s with Iksun in a very mature way.
But I hope writer can show more of Iksun's POV, because so far it's only Junwan that seems do all his best & pour of all his love to maintain his stable r/s with Iksun. Iksun still have doubt that their r/s will not work (because of her trauma), so I hope in S2 writer can show more about Iksun's effort in maintain their relationship :).|

As for medical stories, I am fully satisfied in Season 1 with how the writer can show the relatable human side of doctors life and create the touching & heartwarming stories of their patients, so I believe the writer can continue doing her amazing writing in Season 2 :).

• Like 23
  • Love 1

ngl I'm really amazed at how Shwa and Ikjun can still interact normally after all those confessions, must be their deep bond, 20 years friendship, look at how awkward it was for Seokmin and Seobin

can't imagine what the other 3   friends will think if they know what happened behind the scene, Iksong really play the game well :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Cantabile said:

The thing I hope to see in Season 2 (mostly about lovelines):

1. Songhwa's POV!
What is her answer for Ikjun's confession? I hope the writer won't drag it too long because IJ already confessed 3 times. Of course I will be happy if Shwa reciprocate IJ's feeling, but if writer choose different route: like Shwa do not have feeling (anymore) for IJ, I hope it will be revealed in S2 because I don't think my heart can handle seeing IJ's one side love for 3 season. And I prefer seeing character development than guessing what's in Shwa's mind :sweatingbullets:.
I'm also curios why Shwa never want to get married. It's understandable for an independent & successful woman like Shwa prefer the single life, but I hope the writer can show a glimpse of Shwa's view about love.

2. The dynamic of Lacking 5 after Shwa move to Sokcho.
I know Shwa can visit Seoul every weekend, but I still think Shwa's absence will affect the dynamic of Lacking 5 (especially IJ), because she is their emotional pillar. I also want to see development of Shwa's arc. She is perfect in all aspect, but actually her perfection can become her weakness, as example she never want asking out for help. In Ep 2 (Kalguksu scene), Jeongwon have to ask Shwa what's that bothering her mind and she still didn't want to share it until Junwan told Jeongwon that Shwa worried about her patient's operation. In Ep 6 (cancer diagnosis), Shwa don't want sharing her worries to her friends until IJ came up showing support by accompanying her in waiting of her diagnosis result. So I hope in Season 2, we can see Shwa more open up to her friends, because I'm sure all of her friends (especially IJ) will give emotional support to her just like what she did for them.

I don’t know why but I have a feeling that we’ll be given Songhwa’s flashback POV or IkSong’s backstory but, in the present, she’s still not prepared to accept Ikjun’s feelings and will turn him down at the earlier parts of season 2. Then for the rest of the season it’ll be how Songhwa reconsiders her decision. I think it would ruin the season’s build-up if they serve us IkSong right away. HAHA This is just me taking a guess based on my gut-feel though :lol:

I’m also curious how they’ll execute Songhwa being in Sokcho. Aside from the band scenes, most of their friendship scenes are in Songhwa’s office or interactions in the Hospital and of them eating together so I wonder how they’ll do that with Songhwa far from them. Since it seems like each episode is usually a new month, we get a glimpse of their lives only a few days each month. Maybe they’ll show us more scenes from the weekends? Because I doubt Songhwa will lose airtime. If they’ll show how she’ll be working in Sokcho, do we expect new characters as her workmates? And I wonder how they’ll tie her time there together with the rest of the story.

• Like 15

Chart update

NEW RECORD

For the first time ever since IUxSuga Release Someone dethrone their #1 Melon daily and the one who got honor to do it is.......

JEON MI DO!!!

#1 MELON with 675k Unique listeners. The growth since thursday night is insane it up by 100k unique listeners. 

Another achievement is

Jo jung suk ALOHA #1 Flo And Vibe!!

And last our mido and falasol #1 in genie,bugs,soribada!! 

The ichart right now

#1 jeon mi do

#2 Mido and falasol

#4 Jo Jung Suk

#6 Joy

Melon chart realtime

#1 jeon mi do

#3 jo jung suk

#7 Joy

#8 Mido and falasol

#10 kyuhyun

#11 urban zakapa