Hong Kong

Malaysia

Nigeria

Phillipines

Singapore

South Korea

Taiwan

Thailand

So Happy for everyone involved in TKEM! Such a beautiful drama. I'm sad that it's coming to a close :bawling:

• Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 5

19 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Its the Same way How did JY/SJ/JTE remember what Their PAST versions did. 

In terms of IT, OS version is same a patch is applied which leads an OS with better Functionality lol.

Lets just say OUR LG and OUR JTE got seperated, OUR LG placed memories onto PAST JTE and hence JTE became upgraded patched with New memories.

Essentially the same thing happened with LG.

Upgraded LG had new memories patched onto by PAST JTE who then already had OUR LG's memory of him.visiting her in 2016 and 94, PAST JTE became more responsive had earlier and sweeter actions.

Now both OUR LG and OUR JTE even if they are in the OWN TIMELINE have upgraded memories because one and the other patched/instilled those actions differently what now is their past.

Essentially there are still 1 flute half of each with other, 1 LG; 1 JTE.BOTG JTE/LG merged somehow with their own self.

LG1/LG2=LGUpgraded.

Lg was not reinstalled he was just Upgraded.

This is Single timeline Altercation like someone said above.

I appreciate the explanation, but with all due respect, it still does not make sense.

Essentially, the short version of what you're saying is.... because it just happened.  But that's not enough of an explanation for me.

Here are the events shown to us:

1.     LG left JTE, JY,  SJ etc. in April 2020.  At the point when he left, all of them had the memories of what we have been watching so far (Episodes 1-13)

2.     LG went back to 1994.  He can't go back to 2020 right away.  So he does things between 1994-2020, and these things altered certain events.  

3.    September 2019, JTE and LG meet in Gwanghwamun and JTE now hugs LG

4.    Then LG the time traveller finally makes it to back to 2020 

So following your explanation, let us assume that when LG the time traveller, when he found out that he couldn't go back to 1994, didn't change anything.   He didn't meet with JTE in 1994 or 2016.   This means the meeting in Gwanghwamun would play out the same way right?

If you agree that it will play out the same way, then this is the reason why I do not think all these "new memories" are necessary. There is no point.  If LG hadn't changed anything, it still would have played out exactly the same way, and our lead couple would still have the original memories from Episodes 1-13.   Plus, there's no issue of other characters around them having new memories as well.

Sure we got those two cute scenes of LG with 5-year old JTE, and LG with 2016 JTE.  But was it worth it? Was it necessary?

That is my main beef.

• Like 4

@blobbityblobbityblob you and me both.. you and me both..:cold_sweat:

I'm watching it right now and I'm still crying..

Kudos to both...

Edit:

Watching the ending again.. 

The Four Tiger Sword is on the ground and bloodied.

The ceiling glass is still broken.

JY and LG waltz in with style and just open fire.

So.... what changes?

Except that they have no mask on?

Is little LG killed in his room or little LG is not here yet?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Wanderer062287 said:

When he went back to the present, he is already the LG 2.0 who is returning into a world that is lived out by the BB LG he saved when he went back. He is one and the same person, but with a new set of memories because of the alterations he did while going back to the present. 

In reference to my thoughts above, I think when LG1 went back to the present (the one we got at the start of episode 15), he has essentially merged to become one and the same person with the BB LG he saved (I think LG2 in your definition). LG2's time travel arc became one and the same with LG1. As you said, LG2 would not be able to travel back without LL2 traveling back too (which we're assuming he won't do anymore because of what happened in the past), so he never really left. BUT when LG1 has finally caught up to the present, he became an LG that both time-traveled and did not time-travel. Essentially, he ceased to be LG1, and became LG 2.0 with two sets of memories from then on. 

I guess my thoughts above can apply to this too. He has memories from his original timeline, but once he returned and become the very same BB LG he saved when he went back to the past, he acquired a new set of memories - the ones that BB LG lived.

Yeah, what you're saying makes sense.
In fact, if you think harder, it's the only way to avoid the plot-hole I was talking about before.
But it's all very unclear, I'm even doubting whether KES has conceptualized this as much as we have.

And in the end we're the ones who fix the holes, lol!
That's quite unacceptable when it comes to restitution for the viewer.
We needed a scene to show the end of Lee Gon's journey.

For example:
- LG1 is in the in-between world.
- LG2 is about to travel in time. Actually, he can't because Lee Lim doesn't want to travel on his side.
- However LG2 hears the sound of the flute and goes to the portal.
- In fact, he does not know it, but this sound of flute is there to alert him that he must enter the portal to merge with LG1.
- A shot with LG1 in the in-between world walking towards an exit or a rift.
- A shot with LG2 walking towards the portal.
- A very stylish shot, with LG1 exiting the portal, and LG2 entering the portal at the same time.
- A shot with the in-between world, deserted, no LG2.
- A shot with LG1 coming out of the portal, having some kind of weird crisis, and some flashback of LG2's memories.

Doing this is the basics. It's far more valuable than showing useless characters from start to finish, or quickly give incomplete information in an LG-TE dialogue.This drama is completely stupid to never want to explain the indispensable things and preserve mysteries that are no longer there, and permanently plummet the viewer's immersion.
You read this forum on soompi. Here you have the smartest and most advanced people in the understanding of drama, and everyone here is wondering about this mess. Is it normal that the experts themselves are in the cabbage patch? And the audience who just have their TVs and are alone in front of it, what happens to them?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

17 minutes ago, gwin said:

So following your explanation, let us assume that when LG the time traveller, when he found out that he couldn't go back to 1994, didn't change anything.   He didn't meet with JTE in 1994 or 2016.   This means the meeting in Gwanghwamun would play out the same way right?

If you agree that it will play out the same way, then this is the reason why I do not think all these "new memories" are necessary. There is no point.  If LG hadn't changed anything, it still would have played out exactly the same way, and our lead couple would still have the original memories from Episodes 1-13.   Plus, there's no issue of other characters around them having new memories as well.

May I just give my thoughts here even if I'm not the one being asked hehe

The meeting in Gwanghwamun certainly did not play out the same way. I think I have mentioned this in a post N number of pages back, but it seems that the main reason why LG planted these memories on JTE along the way is because he wants them to be able to spend more time together, because their time is extremely limited. As we know, planting those memories saved them 3 episodes' worth of fighting and bickering; instead, they were able to, as JTE mentioned in episode 15, do all the things they did earlier than they did in episodes 1-13. She believed in him earlier, they went to his world earlier, and essentially they got to spend more time together. If he did not plant those memories and just waited out in the in-between, he would still be able to come back to the present - a present where everything had played out exactly as they did in episodes 1-13. But planting those memories allowed them more time, a luxury that their relationship didn't have from the beginning.

I also think planting these memories was also a way for LG to communicate to the present TE, that he is on his way and she must wait for him.

But those are the only reasons. I don't think LG, in any way, intended to change the 'big' events of the story (e.g. LL killing spree, doppelganger issue, etc), because by episode 15 we know that they still happened. So yes, I believe he did it so that things between him and TE can run a little bit more pleasantly.

Re: your question of whether it is worth it or necessary, I would say yes. It shows us how extremely limited their time is and how urgent everything is for them, that LG has to do something as big as planting memories in the past just to buy a little more time for their relationship. It gives their relationship a loooot more depth after this.

• Like 9
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

20 hours ago, nikir said:

So if Lee Rim's death in 1994 by his past self does not affect his future self.. then even if JY dies in past.. his future shouldn't be affected right RIGHT ??

Yup. This is something I don't quite understand either.

If LR 1.0 2020 went back to 1994 and was killed, and if the time loop continues to play again and again, then the second time round, LR  2.0 2020 would still go back to to 1994 and get killed. So why do we suddenly have LR in 2020 with memories of how he killed himself sitting with Nari getting his future read?

He should not exist in 2020, after going back in time. So it means it was LR 2.0. If it was LR 2.0, how did LR 2.0 get to Time Loop 1 so quickly, while LG got stuck for four months moving laterally? If LR 2.0 in 2020 can actually LEARN from his past mistake, then did he decide in the second time loop NOT to go back to 1994 again?

Someone said that LR was not very smart. Maybe that's the reason. Cos if LR was smart, then what he should do is go back in time the second time round, and instead of trying to convince himself again, he should just go and kill his nephew. End of Story. ;0D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Poppy517 said:

The King: Eternal Monarch

Netflix World Top 10

TODAY #6

MONTH #9

YEAR #16

NUMBER 1 in the following:

Hong Kong

Malaysia

Nigeria

Phillipines

Singapore

South Korea

Taiwan

Thailand

So Happy for everyone involved in TKEM! Such a beautiful drama. I'm sad that it's coming to a close :bawling:

Woot. Woot. How come those in SK keep singing about SBS rating since they nailed it via Netflix?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

Yup. This is something I don't quite understand either.

If LR 1.0 2020 went back to 1994 and was killed, and if the time loop continues to play again and again, then the second time round, LR  2.0 2020 would still go back to to 1994 and get killed. So why do we suddenly have LR in 2020 with memories of how he killed himself sitting with Nari getting his future read?

He should not exist in 2020, after going back in time. So it means it was LR 2.0. If it was LR 2.0, how did LR 2.0 get to Time Loop 1 so quickly, while LG got stuck for four months moving laterally? If LR 2.0 in 2020 can actually LEARN from his past mistake, then did he decide in the second time loop NOT to go back to 1994 again?

Re: this, this was my answer:

Even if 2020 LL was killed, 1994 LL was still alive, hence he would still 'grow old', make it to 2020, which is now the episode 15 LL. 

In the context of this drama I don't think we're following the usual time loop wherein everything just happens over and over again (like HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban). Yes LG is following a loop, where he is destined to go back again and again to the night of the treason, but he somehow has free will on the events that he would choose to do when going back. Once he gets the right set of choices, then that's the only time he can escape the loop. 

Same with LR. Someone here way way back proposed that this may be the first time LL went back to the past (that's why he has no memories of him meeting and killing himself that night). By going back, as the yoyo kid mentioned, he just created the monster that he is today - because 1994 LL of course lived and caught up to 2020, which we now see in episode 15. But now that he knows that he killed his future self that night, he would choose not to go back to his 1994 self because he would just be killed. Hence, he decided to take a different course of action this time (the set of events that unfolded in ep 15). But of course he still ended up losing hehe

• Like 8

1 hour ago, gwin said:

But how did LG remember what happened in the alternate timeline?  How?  During that time (from 1994-2020) he was stuck trying to get back to her. 

And I'm not even talking about the other people around them... so now what... they have also two memories?

For the first time, I feel relieved instead of left out that I have never watched other time travelling shows before (BTTF, HP, Time Traveller's Wife, Avengers and others that have been mentioned in this thread. I just don't watch movies). I think I was less confused about the time travelling in TKEM because I didn't have any past knowledge from other movies to build upon. I am also very good at taking things at face value. Haha.

From what I see, JTE 2020 never lived through any of the new timeline either. But because she is one and the same JTE, she simply gains new memories of the past that was changed. For LG, while he was in that in-between place travelling to get to April 2020, I would assume he either gained those memories while in there or after he got out. While it was mentioned that there is no air or light in that in-between place, there was nothing mentioned to make it impossible for the new memories to reach LG while he is inside.

I am actually happy they retained the 1st timeline memories together with the new ones. It means we still get the LG and JTE we have been watching since ep 1, only upgraded because they fell in love much faster the 2nd time round.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

We didn't meet many powerful people who had been replaced by a peasant counterpart. If he wanted to replace powerful people in order to stage a coup, it should be ministers and generals, but we have not been shown any of them.

If seizing the eternal life flute was a means to get the monarchy, exactly HOW would eternal life give him the kingdom? 

And this picture of wonderful eternity and infinity hasn't fleshed out for us either, except as that place with no air and no wind. Not exactly a place you want to spend the rest of your life.

LR's goal was never to be king, so his goal wasn't to stage a coup. In 1994, he killed the king only because he wanted to steal the flute. His plan was to escape to the new world or eternal life after getting it. After 1994, his sole purpose was to get his hands on the other half of the flute. He replaced people who could work for or be of use to him, to help him eventually retrieve the flute. When he found out the flute was with LG, he started recruiting people in more powerful positions in KOC who are closer to LG. His highest chance was with the PM, who was aiming to be queen.

Eternity and infinity is a little easier to understand with my (rather absymal) understanding of religion. Several religions promises an afterlife, perhaps in heaven (like Christianity), or in nirvana (like in Buddhism). I think that was what LR was after, the ability to achieve eternal afterlife. In my terrible understanding of Buddhism, upon attaining enlightenment and reaching nirvana after death, the being is liberated from suffering the cycle of life and death (reincarnation). There is no longer any physical manifestation of Self, just the existence of emptyness. This is why there is nothing in that eternal and infinite place, it is meant to be empty of wants and therefore suffering. LR found a shortcut to that state through the flute, but ironically incurs terrible karma and great suffering in his quest to attain it.

I should mention I am glad TKEM's vision of eternal afterlife and infinity was CGI-ed to be this beautiful. My negative mind before TKEM envisioned it to be like a black vacuum of infinity, and it honestly scared me instead.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

LR's goal was never to be king, so his goal wasn't to stage a coup. In 1994, he killed the king only because he wanted to steal the flute. His plan was to escape to the new world or eternal life after getting it. After 1994, his sole purpose was to get his hands on the other half of the flute. He replaced people who could work for or be of use to him, to help him eventually retrieve the flute. When he found out the flute was with LG, he started recruiting people in more powerful positions in KOC who are closer to LG. His highest chance was with the PM, who was aiming to be queen.

Agree. Just to give a little blast from the past, here is his convo with Papa King in episode 1:

Papa King: Put that sword down. This is treason.

Lee Lim: To you, it might be nothing but treason, but I picked up this sword to gain something even greater.

PK: What is it that you're so willing to kill for? Do you not fear the punishment of the skies?

LL: The punishment of the skies? I plan to become the very being who gives punishment from the skies. God never created humans; it was the weak who created God.

So I guess his motivation is clear - he wants the Manpasikjeok and the power it holds. I don't even think he has any interest in the throne. Why would you want to be the King of a country when you can be God instead?

• Like 9
  • Love 1

May I just give my thoughts here even if I'm not the one being asked hehe

The meeting in Gwanghwamun certainly did not play out the same way. I think I have mentioned this in a post N number of pages back, but it seems that the main reason why LG planted these memories on JTE along the way is because he wants them to be able to spend more time together, because their time is extremely limited. As we know, planting those memories saved them 3 episodes' worth of fighting and bickering; instead, they were able to, as JTE mentioned in episode 15, do all the things they did earlier than they did in episodes 1-13. She believed in him earlier, they went to his world earlier, and essentially they got to spend more time together. If he did not plant those memories and just waited out in the in-between, he would still be able to come back to the present - a present where everything had played out exactly as they did in episodes 1-13. But planting those memories allowed them more time, a luxury that their relationship didn't have from the beginning.

If LG did not visit JTE at when she was 5 years old or 27 years old, then it means their meeting at Gwanghwamun Square would play out exactly the same as what we saw in the first episode.

So now it's a question of:  It is really worth it for storytelling purposes to have him alter that timeline?  To me, it isn't. Especially if the only effect is that they spent more time together (and all the other major events still happened).   But because he did that, we are now left with a sort-of-absurd situation where everyone around them has two sets of memories (it can't be just LG and JTE affected by this).

42 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

From what I see, JTE 2020 never lived through any of the new timeline either. But because she is one and the same JTE, she simply gains new memories of the past that was changed. For LG, while he was in that in-between place travelling to get to April 2020, I would assume he either gained those memories while in there or after he got out. While it was mentioned that there is no air or light in that in-between place, there was nothing mentioned to make it impossible for the new memories to reach LG while he is inside.

She did.   That scene in 1994 happened to her.  That scene in 2016 happened to her.  That new meeting 2019 also happened to her.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gwin said:

If LG did not visit JTE at when she was 5 years old or 27 years old, then it means their meeting at Gwanghwamun Square would play out exactly the same as what we saw in the first episode.

So now it's a question of:  It is really worth it for storytelling purposes to have him alter that timeline?  To me, it isn't. Especially if the only effect is that they spent more time together (and all the other major events still happened).   But because he did that, we are now left with a sort-of-absurd situation where everyone around them has two sets of memories (it can't be just LG and JTE affected by this).

To me, it was also as a means to communicate with JTE in 2020. He suddenly disappeared after being poisoned, without saying goodbye to her. She has no idea what happened to him, or where he went, especially when he didn't bring JY with him. Both JY and ES are in ROK, he wouldn't have gone back to KOC by himself. Him visiting her when she was 5, was to tell her where he was and to reassure her that he is on his way. Visiting her when she was 27, apart from being a status update, I think he also wanted to change 2016 JTE memories so that they would have more time together in 2019 and less regrets afterwards. 

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 2

42 minutes ago, gwin said:

I appreciate the explanation, but with all due respect, it still does not make sense.

Essentially, the short version of what you're saying is.... because it just happened.  But that's not enough of an explanation for me.

Here are the events shown to us:

1.     LG left JTE, JY,  SJ etc. in April 2020.  At the point when he left, all of them had the memories of what we have been watching so far (Episodes 1-13)

2.     LG went back to 1994.  He can't go back to 2020 right away.  So he does things between 1994-2020, and these things altered certain events.  

3.    September 2019, JTE and LG meet in Gwanghwamun and JTE now hugs LG

4.    Then LG the time traveller finally makes it to back to 2020 

Sure we got those two cute scenes of LG with 5-year old JTE, and LG with 2016 JTE.  But was it worth it? Was it necessary?

That is my main beef.

It was worth for me:lol:

I think LG always has JTE's welfare in mind. These events obviously didn't change anything pertinent to LL's tyranny but they calmed JTE's mind. They give JTE some assurance that her lover is not lost, he's on the way to her. That shows how caring LG is towards JTE. He doesn't want her to feel that her wait is useless (and he did apologize profusely when they met: I'm sorry for making you wait). And @Wanderer062287 put it more beautifully, the events are essential so that the time spent together later is much longer with sweetness ( how do we arrive to the scene JTE saying with so much aegyo that she cannot use her hand to eat the bibimbap. She is totally out of character for JTE 1.0 if you ask me). Only because the time spent together after the upgraded timeline, she can be so much closer that it even startled Gon at times.

• Like 9
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, gwin said:

That is my main beef.

Well to be fair I think the upgradation of Memory Swatches only needed to be done on JY's part not JTE's. (In order to Emphasize search for Ms Song, LG could very well see thru JY not wanting to help JTE anymore or hesitating about Jihun's mum,also for THE RACETRACK CARD which LG could only take from JY in 2019 which he placed in rabbit jacket <which I do not know where he got it from> which went to LUNA, and LUNA crashed the racetrack , leading LG2 to bamboo Forest As well) The only reason extra memories were shown to show us LG-JTE undying love transcending space and time phenomenon.

If JTE did have upgraded memory and timeline , so Does JY, JY also have had beef with JTE because of her brashness towards LG, but since this PAST upgraded JTE is more affectionate towards LG2 , JY would also be not that rude towards her.(JTE goes to KOC also encounters JY right) also SJ would also see how VERY MUCH JTE favors LG than before.

The upgradation leading to JY's thorough dislike or little likeness to JTE can prove essential when Treason night repeats and every main character except PM koo and Lady Noh finds themselves there wherein like I think @AgentQuake speculated, JY will sacrifice himself and maybe in some sense SJ too , so as to give LEEEUL their chance at a happy ending keeping their grudges of Universally not possible love at Bay.

Also  LG never KNEW about Bamboo Portal,he chased rabbit jacket then reached there.

Similarly he also needed LG2 ALSO to go to bamboo forest with the WHIP for which he needed LUNA to wear the rabbit jacket or SOMEONE to wear the Rabbit jacket and Have access to racetrack which led LG2 there.

The event replication was needed so Memory patch for JY was the imp one.

LR did because the information on 94 treason night was passed onto him by his father.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, violet.ears said:
17 minutes ago, gwin said:

To me, it was also as a means to communication to JTE in 2020. He suddenly disappeared after being poisoned, without saying goodbye to her. She has no idea what happened to him, or where he went, especially when he didn't bring JY with him. Both JY and ES are in ROK, he wouldn't have went back to KOC by himself. Him visiting her when she was 5, was to tell her where he was and to reassure her that he is on his way. Visiting her when she was 27, apart from being a status update, I think he also wanted to change 2016 JTE memories so that they would have more time together in 2019 and less regrets afterwards. 

Agree. He was communicating with her to let her know he’s on his way back. 

It was cute, and I’m going to leave it that :D 

Ultimately, the first round going back, he failed miserably but in failing, he realized what he must do when he goes back the second time. I like it. It’s not that easy and I’m ok. It makes for better story telling. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, gwin said:

So now it's a question of:  It is really worth it for storytelling purposes to have him alter that timeline?  To me, it isn't. Especially if the only effect is that they spent more time together (and all the other major events still happened).

That is sad :tears: But it's okay! It really boils down to one's preference, I think. :)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Wait. If LG and JY will be successful in killing LL the 2nd time, would that mean no KSJ/KHM for the future? Kid KSJ waa in a coma and dying while kid KHM was about the be thrown down the bridge by his own mother. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 3

15 hours ago, CallieP said:
  1. Spoiler

1. To go back to 1994 again, both LG and LR must be together with their flutes, correct?  It does not work for JY or SJ. However since LG now has the two halves and he can travel like his ancestors, back in time, lateral, etc without causing time to stop, why did he not go back in time and kill the young LR alone.  Why did he need to ask SJ to bring LR back to the past as well?  He does not need to take LR with him, right???
    2. When LG was travelling through the 26 years going in and out, it seems to me that LR did not realize that or feel the time stops. He only noticed it again when he was strangling the PM that LG had crossed the portal but LG had been crossing the portal the past 4 months many times, enough to warn LR or does crossing in previous years not affect present year so LR does not notice it?
    4. Su Jin is supposed to be the heir if LG dies. He made the law before he plans to leave but she was killed and I believe the heir after her. Two were killed so now LG has no heirs should he die. What will happen then?  Who is the next heir?  The exiled son of Prince Buyeong?
    5. He still plans to go back and he expects to die. Actually if he dies at 8 years old, Prince Buyeong will take over, right?
    6. He said he had the scar because it was his destiny to kill his young self. However JTE plans to take the place of SJ. Can she change the trajectory of fate? 
    7. JTE wants Luna to take her place and be with her father while she leaves to be with LG. She said Luna will live, how?  Do she have a cure for Luna?  Does Luna need an organ? How is she going to get an organ for Luna when she plans to leave almost immediately with LR? She can't donate, she does not have time.
    8. The flowers LG gave JTE when he came from the future disappeared which hints that LG never came from the future to see her. Does that mean he dies (sad ending)  or that he does not need to return from the future because he is in the present with her (happy ending)???
    9. In the preview, is the guy in the military uniform Ji Hun? You can see the name there but I can't read Korean. :D If it is Ji Hun that means the couple in the 1950s is Ji Hun and JTE that end up together? LG dies as a child. but they cannot go back in time though as there is no flute. So is it really the 50s? Both are in ROK and there is not flute in ROK.
    10. So this trip back to the 1994 has both LG and JY going back to the night of treason. I got it right this time so do I get to change from horseshoe to Maximus or LG and JTE ?^_^:)

At 1st I was just 10 pages behind got caught up but life called so am here back & 20 pp behind again - LOL

Anw, am sure your Q have been answered but just to make sure & review for myself, here are my replies as per my understanding

1. SJ needs LR for it flute to work.  As experienced by LG himself, it does not work on him when he tried using it because as LR claimed it was infused with his blood.  Others here refer to it as blood magic.
  2. I think so. But it is also possible that the drama was just not that explicit about it.  LR could have noticed but drama just didn't show anymore.
  3. No Q
  4. If Se-JIn has a son or daughter, then the eldest inherit the throne.  If Se-jin does not have kids, then the siblings of exiled son is next.  The exiled son can NOT succeed him cos he was declared a traitor. But the future will change because of their mission to go back to the past.
  5. Yes, the Prince succeeds him.
  6. Not exactly.  He said God gave him the scar as a reminder for him follow his destiny - not necessarily to kill himself.  If we go back to what Yoyo Kid said LG went back to the Night of Treason to save both worlds from the traitor, LR.  Cos saving his young self didn't stop the turmoil in both worlds. So his destiny is actually killing LR so both worlds could be saved.  That''s why he also told OkNam "How selfish".  He meant hoe selfish for him to think that saving his young self is his destiny.  So allowing himself to be killed is a strategy he formed because he believed that that was the point that LR was most vulnerable.   We shall see it that is actually the case by next episode.  He has JY with him & possibly TE & SJ joining the fray.  Variables he did not factor in when he formed that strategy.
  7. WRT Luna, I think TE is thinking that in the mean time, there is no harm with Luna taking her place.  If they succeed in KOC, perhaps she can find a cure for Luna & can travel back & forth between the 2 worlds. After all, she is now familiar with the legend of the flute.  Or if she is unable to come back, then Luna dies, giving closure to his Dad & friends.
  8. To me it signifies that the future changed. He was supposed to do the suicide mission alone.  But JY joined him. I always interpreted that goodbye visit of LG bearing flowers as his goodbye because of the possibility of him dying or never coming back.
  9. Yes.  I posted it earlier that the plate name says LJH. I interpreted that to mean that the suicide mission was a success and he is able to kill LR which means tLR did not cross the portal & the ROK Lee family doppelgangers were not killed
  10. Ahhhh, that is still up in the air, HAHA!

@jerboa83

• Like 9
  • LOL 3