[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

9 minutes ago, gwin said:

The Camino pilgrimage is generally for Catholics.  Although when I did the pilgrimage a few years ago there were a few in our group who weren't Catholics.

So most probably LMH is Catholic.

I never realized this before. 

@mrsj3n

We are finally free 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@mrsj3n good night :D I'll sleep a bit late, since I spent lots of time to read now it's time to resume my work, I forgot tomorrow is Monday, gosh... I'm so doomed. I shouldn't slack off more here but it's a great temptation not to open the thread once you did. :sweatingbullets:

7 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I've changed it since I've got the blessing!

whose blessing? <_<

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

On 6/7/2020 at 6:12 PM, gwin said:

Yeah, all these bits and pieces of spoiler information from the last few shooting days are confusing me!

So here's a summary of what we have not yet seen:

Did I miss anything?

Amazing summary! Just cut your post and quoted you to add some tiny things, so that if you want you can edit your post and add:

From the preview:

1. In the preview it is not necessarily JY who holds the flute, I would even say it looks like it is someone else

4. In the same scene that shows LG's bloodied face when he's wearing his glorious suit he is seen touching his own throat (his scar?) with tears in his eyes

5. LG running alone with a gun in his hand through the palace

6. A clock rapidly turning backwards 

7. SJ sitting down seemingly alone in the same place where he confessed to JTE

8. JTE blinking and moving slightly strangely

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

19 minutes ago, gwin said:

Yeah, all these bits and pieces of spoiler information from the last few shooting days are confusing me!

So here's a summary of what we have not yet seen:

FROM SHOOTING SPOILER PHOTOS:

Hide contents

1.    JTE and LG seemingly walking down a busy road, holding hands

2.    JTE and LG in the beach, there's a photo where JTE is on a black horse 

3.    JTE and LG in the 1940s.  LG still has his whip

4.    That shooting location where there are flowers (this is where the kid from Hi, Bye Mama appears)

FROM PROMOTIONAL PHOTOS AND PHOTOS POSTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS:

1.    Scene that takes place in the palace room where there are white chairs with pink drapings (the photo LMH posted on his IG)

2.    LG giving JTE the same flowers as the ones he gave in Episode 10, but this time JTE is wearing something different and she has the plum necklace on (from KGE's management IG)

3.    JTE wearing white polka dot dress with pink blazer, and LG wearing a cream suit.  Set background suggests they're in the past (from KGE's management IG)

4.    JTE wearing a white polo shirt and wearing the plum necklace (from KGE's management IG)

FROM THE PREVIEW FOR EPISODE 16:

1.   JY holding what appears to be the whole flute, but he's bloodied

2.   LJH passing by JTE and doesn't recognize JTE

3.   LG wearing the glorious coat, holding white flowers in front of JTE's house

4.   LG wearing the glorious coat, with blood on his face

Did I miss anything?

wasnt it LG holding the whole flute?

theres also that last day shooting photo from the palace. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mrsj3n good night :D I'll sleep a bit late, since I spent lots of time to read now it's time to resume my work, I forgot tomorrow is Monday, gosh... I'm so doomed. I shouldn't slack off more here but it's a great temptation not to open the thread once you did. :sweatingbullets:

whose blessing? <_<

Did you win on the poll or did you vote after the poll closed:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

4 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

You mean the album or part 14 Ost? 

I think part 14 has been released perhaps it was part 15 or album. I have no idea how many OST is being released since they released a bunch of OST 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SweetButters said:

4 tiger sword = 2 sides to a sword = JY/ES = 2 versions of JY in KOC and 2 versions of ES in ROK = 4 total versions circulating in a loop. Also, LG is the year of the tiger (tiger swords can only be made every 12 years which is in 1987 aka LG's b day!), so basically the Gods created JY and ES just for LG!!!! Hopefully this will mean JY will survive this next go around of a loop!! For those hating on JY, he's not actually useless lol

My version of the 4 tiger sword is the scooby gang - LG, TE, JY & ES.  I also liken them to major chess pieces - King, Queen, Knight & Bishop. If anyone asks, OkNam is the Rook. :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I think part 14 has been released perhaps it was part 15 or album. I have no idea how many OST is being released since they released a bunch of OST 

Some of them were really good ORbit, Gravity and even what is it called heartbroken or something like that was also good

• Like 4
  • Love 1

All songs are awesome.  I'm waiting for them to release the CDs that't what I meant.  :P

Also I noticed the event from ep.10 future LG visit is different maybe because LG succeed in his mission, so that the outcome of it would be different.  Same visit, same flowers but different JTE..from clothes and her wearing the necklace.  :crazy:                                                                                

• Like 8

We should make a new poll - what our favorite OST is?

I’m torn between Gravity, My Love, Dream, Orbit, Please Don’t Cry...I love ALL of them.  I associate the songs to the scenes they play in a lot (hence why I’m like, the only person whose favorite song from CLOY is Someday because of the border goodbye).  

Gravity: RESCUE SCENE!  The PERCECT backdrop to it.  It actually really conveyed the desperation and sheer power of LG and his team.

My Love: the instrumental was so beautiful and then when we hear Gummy’s version at the church during the time freeze oh my g a w d 

Dream: after he rescues her and she falls asleep and he kisses her forehead and the bridge played omg the bridge is more beautiful than the one one Switzerland Seri tried to jump off of

Orbit: Hwasa ok

Please Don’t Cry - the best usage of this was the montage at the end of 6, where she lays it out for herself that she misses and loves him, and then she sees him again

• Like 7
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Some of them were really good ORbit, Gravity and even what is it called heartbroken or something like that was also good

It's called heart-break and I think it was part 9 release 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ChristineH said:

All songs are awesome.  I'm waiting for them to release the CDs that't what I meant.  :P

Also I noticed the event from ep.10 future LG visit is different maybe because LG succeed in his mission, so that the outcome of it would be different.  Same visit, same flowers but different JTE..from clothes and her wearing the necklace.  :crazy:                                                                                

It was mostly definitely a different LG and a sad one. It seemed like he has been thru alot 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

We should make a new poll - what our favorite OST is?

I’m torn between Gravity, My Love, Dream, Orbit, Please Don’t Cry...I love ALL of them.  I associate the songs to the scenes they play in a lot (hence why I’m like, the only person whose favorite song from CLOY is Someday because of the border goodbye).  

Gravity: RESCUE SCENE!  The PERCECT backdrop to it.  It actually really conveyed the desperation and sheer power of LG and his team.

My Love: the instrumental was so beautiful and then when we hear Gummy’s version at the church during the time freeze oh my g a w d 

Dream: after he rescues her and she falls asleep and he kisses her forehead and the bridge played omg the bridge is more beautiful than the one one Switzerland Seri tried to jump off of

Orbit: Hwasa ok

Please Don’t Cry - the best usage of this was the montage at the end of 6, where she lays it out for herself that she misses and loves him, and then she sees him again

OMG this gives me such nostalgic feels just by remembering while reading this. For me I am split between Orbit and Gravity I don't know which one to chose while I have Dream and please don't cry 2nd and 3rd

3 minutes ago, ChristineH said:

I am not sure if they will release new OST but they seem to be have doing that for each episode so won't be surprised if they release part 16. CD should be out when TKEM is available on DVD hopefully it comes with full Album and BTS uncut:joy:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I suddenly felt that TE from KOC and Luna from ROK, because Luna had the same disease as TE's mother. maybe TE's mom exchanged her (the same as SJ's mother) so TE's dad wouldn't lose TE with the same disease :huh:

but I didn't find out what LL got by helping TE's mother :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:

I think the character of PM is not meant to be a 2nd love interest for LG - that was never going to happen. Instead, the threat from her is her greed. She can either do something politically to undermine LG, or, as we saw, she can side with the traitors. Her character is not really for a love triangle; she is a threat to the King.

Hmm not quite sure if you misunderstood what I said since it was meant to be a joke. I'm fine you respond to my joke but I think you took it too seriously and the fact you respond to it with other serious mentions meant you did took it too seriously. My response was response to a conversation within that page where it was a conversation on 2nd love interests and uselessness of characters. :sweatingbullets:

I have no issues with any of the characters in the drama. I never have issues with whatever characters the scriptwriter or author put in their any works. In my belief they always have some purpose, because the writer took the time to think of a name for them and a backstory for them. It was clear she wasn't meant to be just a 2nd love interest since her interest is for the power not his love. While she may have her purpose, it was quite shortlived since yes, she may be a political threat but once LG found out she has a scar, she was quickly taken down. LR also took her down very easily. That's what makes some people think she's a useless character and I made the joke based on how people viewed her since I'm not one to attack other people's views. I can understand why they think she's useless even if I don't think so. :)

Most of my posts in TKEM thread had been responses to jokes or things I find funny. I read the theories here but I don't really voice my theories here since I can't take my theories 100% either. I think it's better to always take my posts with a grain of salt and not too seriously. 

• Like 6