[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

15 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I will answer you questions half and half. You made it to long unfortunately to cover it with one post. Everything is happening simple but your mind can't comprehend but I will give you easy explaination

1. Yes you need the whole flute to conduct time-travel back and forth - LG-LR were both inside the Inbetween which makes the flute whole and time-travel possible.. They both went back to 94! LR died! LG stayed 4 months in the inbetween to return back. he could travel forward with the whole flute but he didn't have it in 94 only half.

If LG stayed 4 months in the in-between, it means he was gone from KOC for 4 months in 2020.   That is.... certainly going to create problems, especially since PM is still there.

2. Harry potter has one of the worst Time travel theory. There are multiple acclaimed movies that due it better then HP. The theory in HP of seeing yourselves being problematic is in all essence good night story for children. In the world of science that dosen't make sense whatsoever. The time travel used in TKEM is more in line with realistic time travel but with slight fiction but it's closest. Nothing happens to his body imo it should get buried but one thing to also keep in mind is that this is the first time LR time travelled back to the past in 94 while it's LG's second time which means LG had the whole flute on his first journey back but half on the second time. In this timeline LR dosen't need to fake it as his future body is there. 

I respectfully disagree.  Harry Potter is one of the rare works in fiction which explains its time travel rules really well.  It is logical and it is consistent (let's forget Cursed Child here for a moment).

4. It's not just a casual loop it's a timeloop. I left a layman introduction to Timeloop and time-travel if you backtrack 2-3 pages. There is no inconsistency everything is happening accordingly. If something is changed in the past it takes hold and becomes the future. This is what it happens when time is altered and this is what is creating the memory change example LG said something to young JTE in 94 but that slightly changed the past and it took hold and became part of the present and future. 

There is nothing they have shown us so far which implies that this is a multiple time loop.

5. 94 LR is alive and has half of the flute which means his technically alive and won't likely fall on the same trap by going back warning himself because he knows that he killed himself in this timeline. 

1994 LR will follow the same path as what we saw in the first 13 episodes.  If you think he will change because of what happened....that creates a whole Pandora's box of butterfly effects because then if he has free will to choose not to go back to 1994, then he should have free will also to choose not to do certain things that didn't work for him in Episodes 1-13.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, briseis said:

He’s been carrying that hair tie the whole time since she left it behind in his palace. That little piece of fabric is together with his memories of her probably the only thing that is keeping him sane in the in-between and he still gives it to her. To have the one excuse to touch her because even that one fleeting touch means everything to him.

Thank you for highlighting this...I was bawling buckets of tears when I saw him giving that hair tie to her. I was like, “wait! You’re just giving her that?! NOoooo! Kiss the stars out of her!” [But then she’d probably slap some handcuffs on him and then he’d be in big trouble there...he don’t have time to be arrested with time counting down (Also, he don’t need sexual assault on his “record” along with being LJH’s family’s suspect perpetrator in 1994)... :lol::wub:  lol. I digress.] 

Going back to your thoughts: it was very poignant how he touched her. That skin-on-skin memory has to last him another 4 years (her time; I can’t calculate the timing of the in-between worlds place) until he can hug her, IF he can hug her in time. I loved how he slid his fingers up her wrist and lingered there, like he was imprinting that touch into the deep recess of his brain. And I have to comment on how that must have impacted JTE. His touch must have seared into her memory like a hot iron. So much that in 2020 when she remembers her memories of meeting him in Gwanghwamun, that she tears up and says “If I don’t do this now, I’ll probably regret it later.” And hugs him hard.

I absolutely LOVE this drama! :blush:

Edited by Jafstar
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, gwin said:

That's the thing:  We don't know that TKEM has the similar approach to HP.  Until that point where LG spoke to JTE in 2016, it was still consistent with the HP example.

But in this case, if this is still the HP type of time travel:    LL shouldn't be back in 2020.   LG will be back.

i guess we will know tonight whether LL still existed after april 2020 if they are using HP theory. I can't digest any of the more complicated western time travel story. It hurts my brain:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

All I can say is yes to this. I need an explanation for this too ahahahahaha

I was reading somewhere someone asking me question on Social media about the night of treason. The question was if LG is in the inbetween who is the king in the palace? 

I was SMH.. 

His in the PALACE ---- Dayum mann! I can't believe I had to explain that 

EARmQj9VAAEfrHF.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Elnin Joery said:

I was reading somewhere someone asking me question on Social media about the night of treason. The question was if LG is in the inbetween who is the king in the palace? 

I was SMH.. 

His in the PALACE ---- Dayum mann! I can't believe I had to explain that 

The more important question is: who is the king during these 4 months that adult LG is gone from KOC?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, gwin said:

The more important question is: who is the king during these 4 months that adult LG is gone from KOC?

That time will reset itself. The young LG will be there again it's the same kid who grew up this time unless he goes out again on the same time travel journey which I doubt because I believe he will break the timeloop..

So Adult LG should be in the palace while LG is inbetween0-1... 

• Like 5

But I don’t think LG left the timeline for 4 months.  The thing with time travel, is you could leave, go for 60 years, and come back to the SAME SPOT that you left.  You can see it in Endgame when Steve Rogers left, lived until he became an old man, and came back to the exact spot that he came from.  Or if you have a “time machine” like LG sort of does, just set it for the exact moment you left. 

LG is a little more complicated because he can easily over or undershoot and get stuck, so the chances of him coming out at the right time is slim.  But it doesn’t seem like THAT much time has gone by.  For him, it’s been four months + the time he spent out of the time stream.  For the rest of them, it’s whatever time he over or undershot the exit by. 

Boy still needs a shower tho.

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 3

7 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Babe, you're talking to the girls that analyzed shoe color, the imagery of the bullet hitting the stained glass window in the middle, counted bullets, and measured LMH's legs.  We became somehow convinced that rabbits were going to save the day, and despite all of our efforts to murder JTE, she keeps surviving.

It's a sickness.

7 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Call me crazy but I second this! :lol:

—————————————

I changed my display photo to the most glorious moment of LR’s life because I’m a loser. 

Imagine people who are lurking here and have no idea what kind of deal we had. More than half the display photo shows LR, PM, or Luna. What will they think? :lol:

—————————————

@AgentQuake for a moment there, I forgot we ever analyzed stupid shoes. May my display photo serve as a reminder for myself from now on.

jrkwjdkejwkdjlejsoshdoe

I STILL FEEL CHEATED!!

Even though my response is way overdue, i second @Heretorant on this. I read and reread all the theories on 2nd savior, with the shoes and bullet pathways, only to find out that MAYBE the lighting and postprocessing deceived us. M.Y.G.O.D. Please help me blow up their editing studio.

• LOL 6

9 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

That time will reset itself. The New LG will be there again it's the same kid who grew up this time unless he goes out again on the same time travel journey which I doubt because I believe he will break the timeloop..

So Adult LG should be in the palace while LG is inbetween0-1... 

I think Im starting to get where you're heading to.. it's just I cannot explain it properly. I think it has something to do with the past LG and our current LG merging into one (or the Upgraded LG, as some of you here have put it). So the 1994 LG that 2020 LG saved is now also existing on our timeline because of the breadcrumbs that 2020 LG left while stuck in the past. 

With this, so the LG that our TE will meet in the next episode is already the Upgraded LG? The merged adult version of the one he saved in 1994 plus our LG who got stuck in the past but has already caught up to the present?

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

But I don’t think LG left the timeline for 4 months.  The thing with time travel, is you could leave, go for 60 years, and come back to the SAME SPOT that you left.  You can see it in Endgame when Steve Rogers left, lived until he became an old man, and came back to the exact spot that he came from.  Or if you have a “time machine” like LG sort of does, just set it for the exact moment you left. 

LG is a little more complicated because he can easily over or undershoot and get stuck, so the chances of him coming out at the right time is slim.  But it doesn’t seem like THAT much time has gone by.  For him, it’s been four months + the time he spent out of the time stream.  For the rest of them, it’s whatever time he over or undershot the exit by. 

Boy still needs a shower tho.

I SECOND YOU! 

If the whole fiasco is like HP, then obviously to Ron, harry and hermione just simply moved places in the room, while both of them had actually travel the entire day saving buckbeak and sirius.

#nowimisssirius

• Like 4

Somehow I still think there will be a second savior. We still have two long episodes, another time travel back to that night is still possible to happen to tie up everything. We still have to see events leading to LR being caught and investigated by JTE and KSH. 

(I just realized I used a lot of “still” :lol: yes I still believe in the writer) 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Aside from all the storyline theories. I might be late but excited to found out that lee gon/lee jihun birthday October 28 means he is Scorpio (gosh i love scorpio a lot!) And JTE is gemini. 

lee gon and JTE also portrayed a very accurate character of each sign. Whether its intended or not but its added the value of both characters for me. 

as for their compatibility: 

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/gemini-scorpio-relationship-match/1506611

I am an astrology freak, this little detail i found amused me. And from what i know both are fond of each other and a hardcore lover but often end up in a tragic ending. 

hope its not the case with them :( 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

I think Im starting to get where you're heading to.. it's just I cannot explain it properly. I think it has something to do with the past LG and our current LG merging into one (or the Upgraded LG, as some of you here have put it). So the 1994 LG that 2020 LG saved is now also existing on our timeline because of the breadcrumbs that 2020 LG left while stuck in the past. 

With this, so the LG that our TE will meet in the next episode is already the Upgraded LG? The merged adult version of the one he saved in 1994 plus our LG who got stuck in the past but have already caught up to the present?

You are almost there getting it right. Yes that upgraded LG is our same LG but he has no memories of the previous timeline except he has the ID card as clue. JTE is also the same JTE. What happened is that LG reset time

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Pardon me huhu I really love your explanation but my question is still: does this mean that by the time LG makes it back to the present, he will have already been gone for 4 months? As @gwin mentioned, as a King how can he be gone for four months?

I don't even want to start with the complications that can result to 1994 LL's killing of his 2020 self. I mean this changes a looooooooooooot lot looooooot of things.

I am seriously gonna get traumatized by this drama. I don't think I can ever watch a normal drama again without overthinking every single thing.

I was legit backtracking to find this but gave up. So thank you for bringing it up here. 

The simple answer is NO, he has not disappeared for 4 months. It depends on when he decides to exit the timeline. If he calculates correctly, he can exit even the day of, before or after he gets poisoned. So, while he had taken 4 months to move through time, it’s possible that when he returns, it’s only been a few days. I’m not sure if he does exit 4 months after he left but I would hope not because like you said, 1) that leaves his palace unoccupied for 4 months and 2) why make JTE wait that long? 

There’s confusion about how it’s possible that he can spend 4 months in the world in between and JTE in present day has not moved 26 years forward. But how can it be otherwise? He’s exiting out of a point in time and that’s it. It does not matter how long it took for him to get there. All that matters is that he chose to exit out in year 2020! Technically, yes, present day has moved forward 26 years. JTE lived 26 years without LG. But, when he arrives in ROK in 2020, it will change everything. All of the 26 years without him will get altered with him now included. Get it? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kboramint said:

This whole time travel is comfusing. So, 2020 Lee Lim went back in time and 1994 Lee Lim killed him, does that mean in 2020, Lee Lim no longer exists?

Then I guess PM Koo is the final villian? 

I think regarding this, we are yet to find out in the last two episodes :wacko:

1 minute ago, kboramint said:

Theory: 2020 JTE knows that LG met her in 2016, and if LG wasn't able to time travel to 2020, he could just waited for 4 years and meet JTE again. Right?

Yes, but not exactly 4 years from LG's POV (much shorter) bcos he's passing time in the no-man's land.

• Like 4