[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

11 hours ago, Heretorant said:

THIS is my problem with episode 14. Could have been perfect! But why did they show the flute vanishing?! He needs the flute to open the gate! Smh.

*edit* if you’re traveling back in time and still stuck on this page, you should know I rewatched episode 14 and realized the flute did not completely vanish which solves my problem with episode 14. :D 

But, but, but it follows the rules. Half the flute only creates one axis. You need the whole flute to create 2 axis so he can only travel linearly with half. That is, if he has half the flute. I have my own problem with that but it’s a different issue. 

i think the flute vanished when Past LR touched it because they do not belong on the same timeline. LG’s flute did not immediately vanish because no one touched it yet. Hence, it was only slowly vanishing. And since he spent majority of his time inside the pink world, maybe the flute stop deteriorating inside the realm and only deteriorate outside.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

FYI Monarchs and LMHoes, I just want to warn you all.

The beautiful promo scene where JTE is recovering and LG is feeding her lunch, the PPL kimchi is there.

GET READY.

:joy:

Actually I didn't like kimchi, tooooo sour for me :sweatingbullets: 

Maybe the fresh kimchi will be delicious, but if it's already a few days or more that will be toooo sour for me :sweatingbullets:

But I like lemon and unripe mango :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

11 minutes ago, x2020 said:

That's my Queen KGE!  :heart:  I am a bias - KGE indeed have wide spectrum in all her works,  her persona and personality. For me she not just an actress. She is overall is an Art!. How LMH's fans adore him, thats the same adoration I have with KGE.

She is carefree , adventurous, can speak chinese, korean and English (I think her english pronunciation is very good) , she can swing sword beautifully (try watch her movie the memories of the sword) , she can fight  , she loves heights, she enjoy sky dive, she can bunggy jump, she scuba dive and she can even sing angelicly.... and the most precious one she is so simple.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. In my eyes she is Beautiful with that smiley eyes, naturally adorable cute and the more I see her, the more beautiful she looks.

Hahaha apologies with all my admiration, I just love her! 

I am LMH fan but I adore KGE. She is awesome actress and I wanna see more of her and LMH

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

9 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Thank you for writing this down. It really helps clears out some of what i thought was "Plotholes" and gives me better understanding for LG's time travel Journey.

However, from my understanding through episode 13, the reason he went back in time is to get the Flute before it was broken in half, but he didn't get there sooner to do so. And now, looks like the only benefit from time travel is to leave clues about him in JTE life. So that's the only outcome of his time travel. How is he gonna get the whole flute then? The Yoyo kid said that The King wants to restore the balance, but to do so, he must obtain the flute as a whole. Is he going to time travel again? while his other half of the flute is slowly disappearing?

Can anybody enlightenment me? maybe i miss something.

This part I am also curious to find out. Since I understand that Lee Rim is already dead in 2020. Basically 2020 Lee Rim died because 1994 Lee Rim killed him. So does this mean then that LR does not exist past April 13, 2020 when he travelled to 1994? If so I wonder what happens to the flute. I wonder if the little kid is actually the spirit of the flute (he says something like “I want to be whole again”). The way I understand it is that the King is the rightful owner of the manpasijeok and that is likely what the little kid is alluding to when he says that LG’s Destiny. I wonder if by knowing the power of the  flute, and respecting it, will he truly be the owner and therefore be magically restored. Almost like he has to prove himself so to speak. 

I say this because it looks like past kings have used it but have always understood the boundaries. Only this time, LR got involved and took what wasn’t meant to be his and abused it. Therefore, the king LG needs to put things back into place so to speak. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mamabear said:

I won't give any theories anymore for it will make my head hurt. But let me just make this appreciation post

I just can't comprehend how she was able to pull every emotion off of her so perfectly, that makes you want to cry with her when she cries and laugh with her when she does. She's one hell of a brilliant actress in her generation. I stan!

And these scenes:

Having someone who loves you like LG does to TE? That's one in a million. LMH was able to really portray that well. Even the tiniest expression was so on point. Their acting makes you want to beg KES to give their characters a happy ending coz if not, your heart will break into million pieces too. So I really hope we are looking at a happy ending for these two coz they both deserve it.

YESSS!!!  KIM GO EUN IS THE BEST ACTRESS!!! 

She really good express all these emotions:tears:

She is really good in other drama and movie too

KIM GO EUN ZZANG:kiss_wink:

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

Pretty cool that Kim Go-Eun gets to play the heroine and the villian in the same drama. Shows her acting chops. 

This drama really awesome!! 

The cast is incredible!! 

Really love TKEM:love:

• Like 3
  • Love 15

10 minutes ago, Time loop said:

A PPL Kimichi is never a PPL Kimchi without Jangmi's involved in the scene. 

Who knows he might pop up from under the bed and be like sunbaenim I brought you the (cough cough not PPL) bottled coffee you asked for, the lip balm and GOLDEN TIME MIST AMPOULE  from the last time you bravely sprayed mist with your eyes open!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Who knows he might pop up from under the bed and be like sunbaenim I brought you the (cough cough not PPL) bottled coffee you asked for, the lip balm and GOLDEN TIME MIST AMPOULE  from the last time you bravely sprayed mist with your eyes open!!!

Jangmi is my favourite in this show aside from the Lead couple. After LMHxKGE, Jangmi is my favourite character in TKEM. I wanna see more of him and I won't mind seeing him headlining drama's. I would like to see Jangmi with Gong hyo jin in Rom-com

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Jangmi is my favourite in this show aside from the Lead couple. After LMHxKGE. Jangmi is my favourite character in TKEM. I wanna see more of him and I won't mind seeing him headlining drama's. I would like to see Jangmi with Gong hyo jin in Rom-com

YESSSS!!  I thought I was alone in my Jangmi love.  He’s such a pure soul, and who doesn’t love a good leopard shirt? 

I also love KOC Jangmi, even though JTE almost accidentally got him beheaded.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

YESSSS!!  I thought I was alone in my Jangmi love.  He’s such a pure soul, and who doesn’t love a good leopard shirt? 

I also love KOC Jangmi, even though JTE almost accidentally got him beheaded.

How do you envision a Rom-Com with Jangmi and GHJ headlining would play out. Perhaps a police Rom-com

• LOL 3

15 pages to catch up just because I went to bed...

tenor.gif

I'll gladly catch up later.

Just want to post to say... I'm loving how some of us have already changed our DP to the baddie.

Unknown TKEM forum mates must be thinking why do we like the baddies of this drama or even HORSE SHOE to have them as our DP. LOL

If only they know...

tenor.gif

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

K I dunno if this was intentional by KES, or if it's another shoe color thing, but I did notice LG was very different in his approach with JTE this time.  He had no time now to convinced her, and he hit her with a one-two punch, and it WORKED.

We've mentioned before that JTE finally opened herself to LG because of his honesty, and because of fate.  His honesty to her allowed her to see what fate was telling her to do, and she openly accepted destiny.  LG is logical and pragmatic, and it took Lady Noh to help him chase his destiny.  He will believe something because math and science will tell him to, JTE has to see it to believe it, and then she'll believe the hell out of it.

He hit her with two things this time.  Proof.  Proof that he knew her soul, when he provided a physical manifestation of HOW deeply he knew her future self.  Any other guy wouldn't have noticed what she was doing with her hair, let alone that she was looking for a hair tie. Hell, her friends and family sometimes don't even know when she's vanished for a few days, let alone missing a HAIR TIE.  Nobody but LG even connects that she puts her hair up when she's ready for action.  It took until episode 4 for her to start noticing that something was off about LG, and that maybe he wasn't a crazy liar.  This time, he gave her the proof within 2 minutes.

Honesty.  The moment she opened up to him completely was when she crossed the portal and realized that he had never told her a single lie, and to April 2020, he's always been as honest to her as she is to him.  So in 2016, when this weirdo who somehow knows one of her deepest character traits, and has already proved to her that something's off by not aging or changing, shows up exactly as the past guys says...she believes him.  She accepts fate.  She's been visited two times by a time traveler, and he's told her that he's coming to her, and the exact details of something yet to happen.  She sees LG, exactly as described, and he doesn't know what's going on or why she knows him.  The time traveler theory MUST be true, and if it isn't fate bringing them together, then it's their future selves. 

GOOD WORK LEE GON YOU JUST SAVED YOURSELF A TON OF SMACKS IM GOING TO SLEEP NOW IM ExHAUsUTED AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Never forget that LL got a choppity chop.

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

the-king-water-man.jpg

KEM08-01001.jpg

anyone else able to recognise if these 2 people are the same person?

1st image is the water selling man which Luna bumped over at the rowing competition in Ep1

2nd image is the restaurant owner in KOR who is Lee Lim's traitor in Ep8

KEM08-01129.jpg

he has since been beheaded and had lightning scars which means his counterpart was killed off.

however, how is it possible to have the same person in both KOC and ROK or did they make a mistake in the casting?

Edited by ssfwl
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, briseis said:

They both entered the in-between because they heard the sound of the flute, just like LG had 26 years ago on that fateful night - it was calling to him to come to the hall where the flute was kept. It had also called to LR back then after he escaped the palace and just before the gate appeared before him for the first time. There is some serious scientific background for travel between times and worlds, however, there is another part which is mythical, and that's the flute. The call of the flute is the call of destiny.

That's the perfect explanation! Thanks.  Just need clarification: LR heard the flute because he carries the half, right?  Originally I thought it called only to LG, even when he was a child because of his destiny.  But I understand that the flute is making a way for it to be whole so it needed to call on both to the InBetweenPlace.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

I just finished ep14 and was confused with one scene. Why were the police suddenly looking for song jong hye? 

They searching for the guy who is secretary of lee rim in ROK,  from kill the girl in the prison, 

Watch again ep.. Hmm..  Can't remember!  :sweatingbullets:

edit : ah, what am I talking about... that's not the answer of your question :joy:

My brain got confused about anything HAHA

TKEM really make me crazy:joy:

Aaahh I watch it again,  they search car that come to the nursing hospital often,  they searching for that because tae eul find Koo Eun Ah corpse , Koo Eun Ah is reported  lost  to the police right? 

Or ... Not? 

Ah I don't know anymore :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2