[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

21 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

The opening interrogation scene is the present, 2020, when Lee Lim talks of Lee Gon (who is shown with the sword).

Then the story unfolds with the assassination in 1994 and Lee Lim's flight to Korea.

Next, Lee Gon grows up until the current part of the story, Fall 2019.

He crosses into Korea in October 2019. 

The story hasn't come up to the present yet. 

The scene with Lee Gon and the sword hasn't happened yet for the viewers.

I see. Thanks for this. I'm getting confused with the dates in the drama. 

I also just noticed, based on the records in early ep 1, uncle death date is in June 1995. Evil uncle crossed to Korea in Dec 1994. Meaning it took him 6 months to kill his doppelganger? I wonder what happened in between.

• Like 3

EWAThcDVAAAiM7m?format=jpg&name=small

Jeong Hyun Jun, Little Lee Min Ho in 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

Insertizen is certainly familiar with the film Parasite . Yes, the work of director Bong Joon Ho  is very fantastic, especially since he could bring 4 Oscars at once.

In Parasite, there is a child character named Park Da Song who became Jessica's protégé. The role was played by a child actor, Jeong Hyun Jun.

Thanks to her brilliant acting at Parasite , Jeong Hyun Jun won two awards in 2020. Among them were the Gold Derby Awards in the Best Ensemble and Screen Actors Guild Awards for the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture category.

Jeong Hyun Jun is back on the air. Now, he plays in SBS's latest Korean drama titled The King: Eternal Monarch as little Lee Gon. Lee Gon is the name of the character played by Lee Min Ho .

For lovers  of Korean drama may already be familiar with the figure of Jeong Hyun Jun. Because, before he had played in other popular Korean dramas such as You Are Too Much on MBC and Queens for Seven Days on KBS2.

Jeong Hyun Jun spread his wings in the acting world since 2017. He is also fairly young, which is 8 years old.

Jeong Hyun Jun's action as little Lee Min Ho was witnessed in the first episode of The King: Eternal Monarch that aired on Netflix.

https://www.insertlive.com/film-dan-musik/20200418174049-25-134510/jeong-hyun-jun-pemeran-lee-min-ho-kecil-di-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 11

Does anyone know what episode they are filming? I think one good thing about LIVE-shoot drama system (not pre recorded) is that the writer and director can change elements in the drama to attract more viewers. 

I almost forgot about kiss scenes. Have you guys opened up discussion about possible upcoming skinship? kiss? I know it is too early to talk about kiss scenes. Kiss scenes play important role in Kdramas. :love:I remember we got first kiss scene in LOTBS in episode 9. But since this is a 16 episode drama and more fast-paced, I think we might get kiss scene around episode 5?6?

Wow! these days I am just thinking about this drama!  :joy: LMH power, I guess. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

19 minutes ago, serendipity... said:

I'm supposed to work from home but thanks to a certain king my mind palace is preoccupied. All I do is constantly checking this space instead of working. May almighty bless my boss *yelp* ^_^

@serendipity... hahahah thank goodness I’m not alone!! My mind is 20% work and 80% between Corea and Korea.

It’s already risky that I feel like I’m about to insert something related to the king when typing a work related email to my boss.... It won’t be long until he finds out who is Lee min ho :P and I’m doomed. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

I find it endearing that it is the male lead chasing the female lead now even though we are at the 2nd episode only and he is already asking her to be Queen!

:love:

It is refreshing and I can't wait for JTE to return the same feeling!

I wish there are more previews before Friday!!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, SophieH said:

@serendipity... hahahah thank goodness I’m not alone!! My mind is 20% work and 80% between Corea and Korea.

It’s already risky that I feel like I’m about to insert something related to the king when typing a work related email to my boss.... It won’t be long until he finds out who is Lee min ho :P and I’m doomed. 

Hahahaa boy aren't we sailing on the same boat or what? I've zero motivation to work although I've tons of work to do. Yet here I am obsessing over the king and dreading for friday like some psychopath lol. Obviously we need work life balance but it's more like less work more balance lmao 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

47 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Does anyone know what episode they are filming? I think one good thing about LIVE-shoot drama system (not pre recorded) is that the writer and director can change elements in the drama to attract more viewers. 

If I'm not mistaken, they are filming 5th of 6 chapters (see on the 2nd photo below that he's holding 6 booklets, with the 5th one likely to be the current chapter they're filming. Eun Chae also has photo released holding the 5th chapter)

We thought last year that by the time the show airs, they'd be done shooting.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, syntyche said:

If I'm not mistaken, they are filming 5th of 6 chapters (see on the 2nd photo below that he's holding 6 booklets, with the 5th one likely to be the current chapter they're filming. Eun Chae also has photo released holding the 5th chapter)

Does chapter same like episode? Then it means they're just having around 4 episodes only for the airing. Well, since covid 19 spreading early this year. I guess there are many work plans paused and rescheduled. So it may impact the filming of this show as well. 

I'm also working from home, at first it feels good cuz I can do other things while doing my work. But it's been quite long already. I hope we all can through this nightmare soon. So everything can back to normal soon. 

Yup. You guys are occupied by the king and the same thing happens to me too. I keep checking the thread, scrolling, reading, commenting. And I guess I keep doing this while this show is ongoing. I'm glad no boss will yell at me cuz I'm engrossing to my cell phone while working. :P

P.S.

screenshot-20200418-090210-netflix-27142

Seriously, I can't stop thinking that Young is actually a girl here. Why... because it seems a bit off when LG teased him in such close proximity. But he makes my heart flutters.:lol:

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I almost forgot about kiss scenes. Have you guys opened up discussion about possible upcoming skinship? kiss? I know it is too early to talk about kiss scenes. Kiss scenes play important role in Kdramas. I remember we got first kiss scene in LOTBS in episode 9. But since this is a 16 episode drama and more fast-paced, I think we might get kiss scene around episode 5?6?

Wow! these days I am just thinking about this drama!   LMH power, I guess.

@Nikaa94 are we sure we want to start that discussion? Because it can get HOT in here real quick!

Do we want an innocent kiss?

Maybe a little more? 

What about "like this is my last time" kind of kiss?

Or do we want some tongue action? :lol:

Told you it was going to get HOT in here, didn't I? Hehehe.

• Like 2
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 12

35 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Does chapter same like episode? Then it means they're just having around 4 episodes only for the airing. Well, since covid 19 spreading early this year. I guess there are many work plans paused and rescheduled. So it may impact the filming of this show as well. 

I'm guessing the 6 chapters is for the 16 episodes already. They've been filming since October, so they should have filmed most of the episodes by this time.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Heretorant You made my day!!! :D:joy: Thank you for the examples of different kinds of kiss. To be honest, I hope we can get all of these types. I think we will definitely have "this is the last time kiss", because at some time in the drama we may have separation of our couple or some other tension in the drama. This drama has SO MUCCHH potential. I hope they use it all to a great extend. Can we have the tongue version please?? :glasses: That kiss in LOTBS was awesome!! That time I shared some of the Knetizen comments and I remember some of them gave LMH title of "Hoe Jun Jae tongue". If you google "Legend of the blue sea episode final Netizenbuzz" , you can read the translated comments about kiss scene. It became popular topic.The kiss scene in Heirs was great too , which was in the closet. I like the secret type of kiss scenes. :relaxed::sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I am totally hooked with the storyline already. I really love episode 1 & 2. I am guessing maybe the person in black that actually save King Lee Gon  when he was child is not lieutenant Jeong Tae Ul but actually it was Kang Shin Jae who wear lieutenant Jeong Tae Ul ID with him. But it is still questionable for me how the ID from 2019 exist in 1994? I stayed from 3.30 am to 5.07 am watching Ep 1 &  Ep 2 of this drama.

3FDEF0CB-0E2F-4458-BB11-D47015A0659F.pnganyway, Lee Min Ho look so cute in this picture >_<

41DF0D74-A810-46EC-82C0-263698DD48B2.pngYet so charming & sexy in this picture >_<

• Like 7
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Me on Monday, Tuesday... until Thursday! :D

Oh Friday, I can't wait for you.

Omg this scene is so funny. I bet he spend all if his diamond paying for the luxury hotel he stayed and but all that branded stuff like Coach,PRADA >_<

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Lee Jong In is the person I suspect to betray LG. He has access to info through the court lady Noh Ok Nam. Lee Jong In has many reasons for that... if LG was to die, then his family and his son would become the next kingsline.

According to Chinese wikipedia, Lee Jong In is a very nice guy.

Ranked second in the royal family, the cousin of Li Gon ’s father. He is a medical student and currently serves as a professor at his alma mater, but if Emperor Li Gon is unpredictable, he will be the first to inherit the sequence. He was an imperial family who failed to ascend to the throne. After three generations, he was excluded from politics and power. However, whenever there were differences in the order of succession when the regimes changed, the number of people who came to him will increase. With the shadow of conspiracy. But those insidious words did not shake his integrity. He sent his children to overseas to calm down the rumors.

The introduction of every character on Chinese wikipedia is more detail than on Korean wikipedia.  :P

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2