[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@Nikaa94 I’m openly hoping for all kinds of kiss too lol. Curse SBS for being an age restriction channel! Had this show been on cable, the kisses would be off the chart! Regardless, they’ll still be amazing and I simply cannot wait!

@Killa92 you and I both! I’m so hooked on this drama, I keep checking here to see if anything new has come out lol. Regarding the ID, we’ve all come to conclusion that time traveling is at play here. The biggest hint is the logo. There is a clock in the form of the letter K and each time the logo is shown, the clock can be seen moving backwards. Coincidence? We think not. And this would make the most sense as to why someone from 2019 could have saved Lee Gon in year 1994 :D

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Rough translation of the recent article shared by LMH twitter update:

'The King' Lee Min-ho, Seriously excited 'Igonche'

20200420144345028cfks.jpg

[Reporter Jeong An-ji, Sports Chosun.com] "I will greet you as Empress"

'The King-the Lord of Eternity' Lee Min-ho is thrilled with romance acts that transcend seriousness and pity.

Actor Lee Min-ho made a comeback to the home theater after a long time through the first SBS gilt drama 'The King-Lord of Eternity' (played by Kim Eun-suk, director Sang-Hoon Baek, Sang-Hoon Baek, and 'The King'). From the first broadcast, Lee Min-ho shook his heart with the straight lines of 'Igonche', which added the emperor's dignity, while proving his interest in the act of breaking through two digits of viewership, and already predicted the birth of a new trendy fish.

Lee Min-ho transformed into 'Igon', the third emperor of the Korean Empire, and announced a successful return with excitement due to his deep masculine beauty and more mature romance acting. Lee Min-ho's 'I-gon' is the perfect monarch with a beautiful appearance, a graceful appearance, and a tranquil character. He is a 'hyper-type' man who is good at various sports such as rowing and horseback riding, and prefers accurate numbers rather than vague words.

In the first episode, Lee Min-ho overwhelmed his gaze with his gorgeous looks and physicals that suited the protagonist who had all these virtues. With his excellent riding skills, he perfectly digested even breathing with the white horse 'Maximus' and showed off the character Lee Gon, who might have existed in imagination. In particular, Lee Min-ho amplified the excitement of fantasy romance by charmingly digesting the written words of the emperor, adding to the emperor's weight with a heavy voice tone along with a deep glow in every scene.

From the one-time 'force hug' ending that embraces Tae-tae, saying, "I'm finally seeing you. How are you doing?" Lee Min-ho exerted the charm of passing seriousness and pity, and exulted his heart with an unprecedented high-quality straight romance.

Especially in the 2nd broadcast that provoked a hot reaction on the 18th, Lee Tae-gon said to Tae-eul, who keeps making himself lonely, "Is there any reason why I am bound to your world?" The scene that proclaimed "Let's stand still. I'll greet you as my empress. You've just become the reason. Why am I bound to this world?" Lee Min-ho's calm tone and glance of excellence made Lee Gon's proposal to deepen his proposing scene more deeply, causing 'My Majesty's Pain'.

Lee Min-ho's excitement, which created a proposing scene with nothing but 'Igonche', was immediately postponed on the day, and on the portal site, including the name of Lee Min-ho, 'I'll welcome you as the Empress' took control of the top real-time search terms and boasted a strong topic.

In addition, Lee Min-ho provided a wealth of fun as an ambassador to and from Tikitaka with Kim Eun-woo and Woo Do-hwan in the process of drawing Korean adaptation period of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire. "You're beheading", "Your eyes are noisy", "Would you like some spice?", "I don't eat unfamiliar food," but sincerely digesting the "Igonche" dialogue that brings laughter to viewers. He predicted the birth of various buzzwords.

Expectations are raised in the fantasy romance of Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, and 'Eul Couple', who have tightly tied their hearts with their ecstatic straight romance. SBS Geumto drama 'The King-Lord of Eternity' is broadcast every Friday and Saturday at 10pm.

credit: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200420144344578

What does this does the title mean? Igonche (이곤체)? Lee Gon? what is che? I read the article but still don't understand the meaning. It seems like a title for LMH. I think it is about his new type of acting. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

They have natural  comfort level

Its good to see them not being uptight. Hope they get casted in movie together after king becomes success.

That shows filming must be super fun, as they really look on very good terms.

I always knew lee min ho is charming but kim go eun surprised  me. I thought she must be very serious type. But she is very warm person.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1

MYM IG and LMH TW update

The more you listen, the more addicted you are.
I'm hit by "you" again today.

SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch"
10 p.m. every week!

EWCJmKAU4AA5Ey5?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EWCJX_-UEAMjOZD?format=jpg&name=small

EWCJadKUMAESYsY?format=jpg&name=small

EWCJY7VU4AEBgJG?format=jpg&name=small

EWCJZv1UMAAPp65?format=jpg&name=small

EWCJlcsUYAEClYP?format=jpg&name=small

Bexco Busan - filming site of The King 

cr: bexco busan IG via lmh_kig 

EWCJXrLUcAMwoF3?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EWCJYGhU0AAALce?format=jpg&name=small

EWCJYn_UcAEMy2s?format=jpg&name=small

SBS IG Update

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. The forum rules haven't changed. Thanks!
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun Show Friendly Chemistry In An Interview For “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Their first impressions of each other were quite different.

q27vO9ThsgGPN_tCNQoy2MuFOfSa-dAY-EzUehyC

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are currently enjoying success with The King: Eternal Monarch, where the drama has gained much attention.

Sj3QsuvVQ7bnfQtti3nIDQSmQ1oFsf5W_pHgBNjo

The two also shared friendly chemistry during an interview, where they were asked to say the first word that came to mind after being given a keyword. When given the keyword “Lee Min Ho”, the two gave very different answers.

Kim Go Eun confesses that she’s been a fan of Lee Min Ho for years, especially when he was in The Heirs.

When given the keyword “Kim Go Eun”, the two gave contrasting answers again.

Lee Min Ho gives an in-depth explanation of his answer, where he just showers Kim Go Eun with praise.

Kim Go Eun can’t help but feel embarrassed about her answer to the previous question, to which Lee Min Ho gives a friendly answer.

The two also shared a different first impression of each other, where Kim Go Eun gave a hilarious answer.

Lee Min Ho couldn’t help but laugh at Kim Go Eun’s comment, where she just showers his nose with praise.

The two also share a hilarious exchange regarding Lee Min Ho’s nose.

Here is the full video below!

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-show-friendly-chemistry-in-interview-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 9

OSEN | 2020. 04. 20. 2:42 AM

"The King: Eternal Monarch": Lee Min Ho causes fever with Emperor Lee Gon-trademark lines

01448-BAC-D4-CC-48-FB-98-B2-C0-C27-D8-D1

"I will make you my Empress"

In the drama ''The King: Eternal Monarch'', while Lee Min Ho is fluttering viewers' hearts with his acting, a perfect blend between romance and seriousness, "Lee Gon's signature" remarks have also captured tons of attention.

Actor Lee Min Ho officially returned to the small screen after a long absence through the Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS) aired on April 17. The work soon received warm attention with the viewership rating hitting a 2-digit figure right from the first episode. Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho is making women's hearts flutter with his straightforward speaking manner that shows the quality of an Emperor with "Lee Gon's characteristics", thereby signaling the birth of new trending phrases.

In the drama, Lee Min Ho plays Lee Gon - the third Emperor of the Great Korean Empire. The actor had a successful comeback as he melted viewers' hearts with his masculinity and mature acting in the romantic genre. The character Lee Go played by Lee Min Ho is a perfect monarch that is talented in both literature and martial arts, having an outstanding appearance, elegant demeanor, and calm personality. He is good at various sports such as rowing, horseback riding, and is a scientific guy who loves numbers more than vague words.

In episode 1, Lee Min Ho attracted all eyes with his terrific physicality and appearance which fit the main character with knowledge, morality, and perfect body. Thanks to his excellent horse riding skills, the actor delivered an impeccable collaboration with a white horse named Maximus, thereby fascinatingly portraying character Lee Gon that can only exist in our imagination. Notably, Lee Min Ho raised the excitement of the fantasy romance when pulling off the formal lines to increase the dignity of the Emperor with his solemn voice and deep eye acting in each scene.

From the end with the "tight hug" in episode 1 when saying, "Finally, I have met you. Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul" and hugged Tae Eul to the end with the "frank proposal" in episode 2, which increased the expectation of the romance with the unexpected proposal "I will make you my Empress", Lee Min Ho has promoted the attraction between seriousness and affection, since then capturing female hearts thanks to his unrivaled romantic acting.

In particular, the second episode aired on April 18 has attracted many enthusiastic reactions from the audience as Lee Gon expressed his feelings to Tae Eul when she kept making him feel lonely, "Is there any reason for me to be attached to your world?", "You really can't do that to me. Because I don't feel happy." Finally, episode 2 ended magnificently with the Emperor's proposal scene, "Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul. I will make you my Empress. So from now on you will be my reason. The reason for me to stick with this world." Lee Min Ho's calm tone and melancholy eyes contributed to the depth of Lee Gon's proposal and caused the "Emperor Lee Gon" fever.

Lee Min Ho's fluttering acting in the "unprecedented" proposal scene of Emperor Lee Gon made not only his name but also the phrase "I will make you my Empress" landed on the top spots of real-time search keywords on the web portals after the drama's broadcast ended, thereby showing the explosive hot level of the drama. The viewers expressed their joy as Lee Min Ho's trademark romantic-fantasy story will officially be opened in later episodes with many comments such as "Emperor Lee Gon who frankly expressed his feelings like this makes my heart race. Listening to his voice causes me to fall in love with him," "Lee Min Ho's eyes are so soulful," "Increasingly obsessed with Emperor Lee Gon," "Lee Min Ho is the reason why I continue to watch 'The King: Eternal Monarch'," "Crazy about the visual and chemistry of LeeEul couple. The next episodes are really worth looking forward to."

In addition, when portraying the Great Korean Empire Emperor Lee Gon adapting to the Republic of Korea, Lee Min Ho added more interesting elements to the drama with dialogue lines with Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan. Although he was serious when saying lines like "You have to be beheaded", "Your eyes are noisy", "Can you taste it first for me?", "I don't eat dishes that haven't been tried in advance", etc., these "Lee Gon-labeled" lines uttered attractively by Lee Min Ho brought laughter to the audience, thereby predicting the birth of various buzzwords in the future.

The audience is pouring the expectation on the development in the fantasy romance of "Lee Eul couple" Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun - the two actors who are tying fangirls' hearts with frank and exciting romance.

The drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" is broadcast at 10 pm (KST) every Friday and Saturday.

OSEN = Reporter Lee Seung Hun /seunghun@osen.co.kr
Photo = Captured from "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS)
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 12
  • Love 2

LMH spotted in filming of The King 

even guys are heard admiring  him :P 

Lee Min Ho and Lee Jung Jin on the set of "The King".

Until the press conference last week, they haven't met on the set 

cr: .jaehyeong5116 IG  

EWC2Hy3UEAEigpr?format=jpg&name=small

EWC2IRFU8AEYdjw?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

55 minutes ago, Helena said:

OSEN | 2020. 04. 20. 2:42 AM

"The King: Eternal Monarch": Lee Min Ho causes fever with Emperor Lee Gon-trademark lines

"I will make you my Empress"

In the drama ''The King: Eternal Monarch'', while Lee Min Ho is fluttering viewers' hearts with his acting, a perfect blend between romance and seriousness, "Lee Gon's signature" remarks have also captured tons of attention.

Actor Lee Min Ho officially returned to the small screen after a long absence through the Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS) aired on April 17. The work soon received warm attention with the viewership rating hitting a 2-digit figure right from the first episode. Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho is making women's hearts flutter with his straightforward speaking manner that shows the quality of an Emperor with "Lee Gon's characteristics", thereby signaling the birth of new trending phrases.

In the drama, Lee Min Ho plays Lee Gon - the third Emperor of the Great Korean Empire. The actor had a successful comeback as he melted viewers' hearts with his masculinity and mature acting in the romantic genre. The character Lee Go played by Lee Min Ho is a perfect monarch that is talented in both literature and martial arts, having an outstanding appearance, elegant demeanor, and calm personality. He is good at various sports such as rowing, horseback riding, and is a scientific guy who loves numbers more than vague words.

In episode 1, Lee Min Ho attracted all eyes with his terrific physicality and appearance which fit the main character with knowledge, morality, and perfect body. Thanks to his excellent horse riding skills, the actor delivered an impeccable collaboration with a white horse named Maximus, thereby fascinatingly portraying character Lee Gon that can only exist in our imagination. Notably, Lee Min Ho raised the excitement of the fantasy romance when pulling off the formal lines to increase the dignity of the Emperor with his solemn voice and deep eye acting in each scene.

From the end with the "tight hug" in episode 1 when saying, "Finally, I have met you. Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul" and hugged Tae Eul to the end with the "frank proposal" in episode 2, which increased the expectation of the romance with the unexpected proposal "I will make you my Empress", Lee Min Ho has promoted the attraction between seriousness and affection, since then capturing female hearts thanks to his unrivaled romantic acting.

In particular, the second episode aired on April 18 has attracted many enthusiastic reactions from the audience as Lee Gon expressed his feelings to Tae Eul when she kept making him feel lonely, "Is there any reason for me to be attached to your world?", "You really can't do that to me. Because I don't feel happy." Finally, episode 2 ended magnificently with the Emperor's proposal scene, "Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul. I will make you my Empress. So from now on you will be my reason. The reason for me to stick with this world." Lee Min Ho's calm tone and melancholy eyes contributed to the depth of Lee Gon's proposal and caused the "Emperor Lee Gon" fever.

Lee Min Ho's fluttering acting in the "unprecedented" proposal scene of Emperor Lee Gon made not only his name but also the phrase "I will make you my Empress" landed on the top spots of real-time search keywords on the web portals after the drama's broadcast ended, thereby showing the explosive hot level of the drama. The viewers expressed their joy as Lee Min Ho's trademark romantic-fantasy story will officially be opened in later episodes with many comments such as "Emperor Lee Gon who frankly expressed his feelings like this makes my heart race. Listening to his voice causes me to fall in love with him," "Lee Min Ho's eyes are so soulful," "Increasingly obsessed with Emperor Lee Gon," "Lee Min Ho is the reason why I continue to watch 'The King: Eternal Monarch'," "Crazy about the visual and chemistry of LeeEul couple. The next episodes are really worth looking forward to."

In addition, when portraying the Great Korean Empire Emperor Lee Gon adapting to the Republic of Korea, Lee Min Ho added more interesting elements to the drama with dialogue lines with Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan. Although he was serious when saying lines like "You have to be beheaded", "Your eyes are noisy", "Can you taste it first for me?", "I don't eat dishes that haven't been tried in advance", etc., these "Lee Gon-labeled" lines uttered attractively by Lee Min Ho brought laughter to the audience, thereby predicting the birth of various buzzwords in the future.

The audience is pouring the expectation on the development in the fantasy romance of "Lee Eul couple" Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun - the two actors who are tying fangirls' hearts with frank and exciting romance.

The drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" is broadcast at 10 pm (KST) every Friday and Saturday.

OSEN = Reporter Lee Seung Hun /seunghun@osen.co.kr
Photo = Captured from "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS)
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

@Helena thank you so much for the translation. :love:

Many people commented that his lines is somehow romantic but so chessy.

For me, not at all.

His lines is so well delivered under serious tone and manner. Manner and tone of the king. And it also feels so sincere. I really felt it when I watched the show yesterday. 

From his last drama (LOBTS) to this show, I think he already developed his acting skill to the next level. Kudos to this man. 

ps. 

I love LOBTS, and his acting here was so on point. Love it. 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

I honestly didnt think about the left or the right with regard to LG's injury. So all I will say is you guys are observant!

Two questions:

- is the lieutenant' sister in Korea, the girl who clicks pics and fangirls Jo in Corea?

- does the last photograph from the race day actually have Lee Rim in it? 

I am so scared that Lee Rim has been plotting for 25 years and has his pawns in place while our King doesnt even know of his existence! 

Btw I did not enjoy episode 2 as much as I wanted to (please dont kill me for saying that). I wish the writer could have done something to make the FL keep the King at her place such that we would have more confrontations/king v/s ordinary life jokes. It is just episode 2 so I should be more patient but cuts were a bit jumpy, also I didnt like their edit of the fight sequence in episode 1: the entire confusion about the injury is because it wasnt well shot/cut.... i wonder if it was deliberate because of a plot point... but i dont think so. as Corea and Korea are not that different maybe they could have tightened their edit to move the story forward. I was surprised that the lieutenant was not even a little curious about the King and his stories. Some pauses were to evoke romance but they seemed contrived to me. I love the idea of his proposal but at the point when she asks about his family... i was wondering if he would try finding his family in Korea... just like he wanted to see the social worker's father.Waiting for episode 3 and hopefully more fun. I want a nice drama with tears, fun and emotions. I hope this delivers.

• Like 6