[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

19 minutes ago, SophieH said:

hi all, thank you for all the reviews and analysis. this thread is surely moving fast.

this whole live watching experience (my first !) and having to constantly refresh my netflix is already addictive haha. 

the quantum mechanics and multiverse reminds me of The Flash, though lee gon is not a speedster.... do you think he may have travelled back to alter the timeline and to save young lee gon? 

the detective friend is so mysterious, how did he know to draw the symbol of corea. i can't tell what is he up to. 

loving every bit of this.the OST it is sooo good. can't wait for next week. 

He does travel back to save young Lee Gon but no altered timeline because it is suppose to happen. I believe that night is the past, present, and future all happening at once in one timeline. Adult Lee Gon is meant to save young Lee Gon because if young Lee Gon dies, then there would not be adult Lee Gon to save him. 

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Jemrie said:

Our seemingly perfect in all ways King, is not so perfect after all. How did he sell off all of his diamonds in a matter of days and been reduced to his last coins? He badly needs a lesson in financial responsibility:lol:

the kingdom of corea won has leegon’s face on it!:)

Look, if in the end he decide to stay with JTE, how he supposed to live with, I think he could start thinking of breeding Maximus. Who knows he could be a chaebol who owns the luxirious horse farm. :lol: 

I guess since he's penniless after spending all of his diamonds. It's a reason for him to move in to JTE's apartment. It seems he follows her around in the next episode. I hope she won't kick him out cause he has no place to stay now. I am curious what makes JTE return to him instead of following her sunbae and ES for drinks. I bet her heart has developed more emphatic toward him. His story is pretty impossible for her to believe but deep down her heart she's a little convinced. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Enjoying the first two episodes a lot (still cannot move on rn). :tounge_xd:The concept of this drama is so unique and interesting, hope it won’t go off topic afterward. I found some lack of editing quality as well but still acceptable at this rate.

Not figured it out yet how these two can live together at the end tho. If LG can stop time when living in the republic world, can LTE stop time when she goes to another world as well? I saw some pics of the behind screen...

Spoiler

She would probably go to another world for sure.

Those two belong to the different world, their body won’t age according to the timeline. Also, I guess the final mission of LG is to close the gate to prevent the disaster (ref: synopsis). Just say’in. I’ll go back and listen to OST 1&2 again.:relaxed:

Edited by Mingignim
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JoyceDreamer said:

Guys.. in ep. 2... Lee Gon mentions that the badge was printed in Novemeber 2019. What is the current timeline right now? I remember a picture of Lee Gon's watch and it says "September" on it. So the current badge in Korea is different from the badge in Corea because the one that Lee Gon has isn't made yet in current time? 

Bingo! Currently, the story is taken place before the badge is taken. I wonder how long it’ll take for the king to convince JTE that he is truly from another world. Will he return home without proving himself? If so, I reckon JTE will lose her badge while out working one day and have to retake it. It’ll of course be scheduled on 11/11/2019 and on that day, she’ll think twice about what Kim gaeddong said. He’ll reappear on that same day to meet her. And now I’m just writing my own script hahahaha.

@gtLmh0622 wow, viewers do really have sharp eyes. I definitely had a feeling something was off when that scene was playing. I saw the photo flashed by and thought, “hmmm but that doesn’t look like the king or Jo Yeong.” But I just left it at that and didn’t think it had more meaning. Now that you’ve provided the screenshot, it’s 100% Lee Lim! Is Luna, in fact, working with LL? Looks like this is all part of a plan to lure the king into Korea. Notice JTE saw Luna in her mirror at the same time Lee Gon appeared? It may have really been Luna and not a hallucination. 

@LeftCoastOppa we all think JY will die protecting the king. But what if the king dies protecting JY? Do I think the probability is high? Nope. Just a food for thought lol. 

@Mingignim I believe only the person who owns the flute can stop time.  I assume the flute cannot just be passed around and work for whoever is holding it. The flute may very well know it’s rightful owner. In this case, LL and LG broke it together and maybe only they can use it. I’d love to see the writer explain more about its abilities in the next episodes. :D

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

Rough translation of a Korean article

'The King', from eyes to visuals ... Lee Min-ho's straight forward romance 

20200419095744249mkio.jpg

The emperor of a white horse riding in and out of the parallel world 'The King' Lee Min-ho, who makes imagination a reality, exploded the charm with 'high-class straight romance' and started the sniper shooting.

In the 2nd episode of SBS Geumto drama 'The King-The Lord of Eternity' (played by Kim Eun-suk, director Sang-Hoon Baek, Ji-hyun Baek, and 'The King'), broadcasted on the 18th, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) is a parallel world and his existence (Kim Go-eun) In order to prove to), I announced the beginning of fantasy romance to begin in earnest with an unprecedented straight forward proposal, "Inspector, I will greet you as my empress. You have just become the reason. I am bound to be in this world."  :wub:

In the first episode, Lee Min-ho, who broke up to the third emperor Igon of the 'Korea Empire' and announced his successful return with a more mature acting power and atmosphere, showed the true value of Rocoking in the second episode, where his relationship with Kim Go-eun, who is in another world 'Korea', was fully developed. Proved. In this broadcast, where Kim Eun-suk's unique ambassadors were poured, Lee Min-ho admired 'this is itself' with a wide range of emotional acting and character digestive power that sometimes misses the excitement, sometimes sire, and the breath of exchanging Tikitaka with characters and the right smile. I brought it up.

In particular, during the 70-minute depiction of Lee Gon's remarkable South Korean adaptation, Lee Min-ho bombarded the home theater with the charm of a straight man who added the emperor's dignity. When Taeul's personality, which he has longed for 25 years, is different from his imagination, he creates a 'earthquake' and expresses a desolate expression of all kinds of coldness that cannot exist in the Korean Empire. The expressive 'high quality straight romance' thrilled the woman's heart.

In the process, Lee Min-ho's heavy tone of voice and delicate acting of eyes that encompassed all the vast narratives added immersion. From the ambassador's heartfelt feeling, "Thank you. You've been somewhere somewhere, for 25 years." From the ambassador's stalking old palaces, bakeries, and chicken houses in downtown Seoul, the scene that orders "Is it a little?" Until now, Ion's unique lines were perfectly digested, giving excitement and laughter at the same time. Also, "You really shouldn't treat me like this. Because I'm so sorry." It also provoked a sense of sadness toward the sun, and the ending scene that Igon proposes at the moment recorded the highest viewership rating of 14.7% and peaked the day. I took it.

In addition, Lee Min-ho unleashes the charm of Lee Gon, a man who knows about the parallel world one by one, based on his sharp insights and judgment, while having the same face as the captain of the Imperial Guard, Jo Young (Woo Do-hwan), but 180 degrees different from Cho Eun-seop ( Woo Do Hwan) was shocked and showed various charms, including the appearance of 'Emperor' Lee Gon, who looked at the history of Korea where the dynasty disappeared and made a lonely expression.

It is noteworthy how Lee Gon, who is discovering the difference between the two worlds, will continue to ties with Tae-eul in the future, and will find Eun-in, who was saved by his mother 25 years ago, in Korea.

credit: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200419095744181

I find Lee Gon's character serious, noble, honest, and straightforward. It is refreshing that he is not a 'chundere' type like Hoe Junjae in LOTBS. :)  Correct me if I am wrong. Chundere is used for characters who are cold at first but then become warmer and express their feelings. 

• Like 9

Episode 2. My review and theories. 

Minutes after arriving at the Republic of Korea, Lee Gon figured out that he must have crossed a parallel world. I think he notices the statue of Admiral Yi Sun-shin located at the plaza. In contrast to his empire where the statue is overlooking the Gwangan Bridge. Also, he notices Queen Yuna, who he assumes rules that country.

Spoiler

OA6rJeg.gif

ECyXEL6.gif

He tries to explain these parallel world concept to Tae Eul with quantum mechanics (/Einstein's General Theory of Relativity which is the basis of the parallel universe concept in science fiction). He also mentioned about particles existing in two places (as he saw Jo Eun Seop in that world vs. the Jo Young in his empire). Science-emperor Lee Gon knows his stuff. But she, like any non-science type of person, would have her head spinning instead. 

Spoiler

TKGR7xG.gif

He then asks for Eun-seop's baby photo and sees the resemblance with the kid Jo Young, further establishing his conclusion on parallel world Korea.

Eon Seop is amusing. Quite a stark difference from Jo Young.

Spoiler

S0HFjpM.gif

Meanwhile, Lee Rim has been busy with his own affairs. He seem to have caused the injury of the three boys in a kid's birthday party, causing them to go limp. Just a wild thought - that limp kid, who would never walk again, is the young Lee Rim in the Republic of Korea. Evil Lee Rim must have traveled to the past to at least make the life of his doppelganger a little better, I guess (but only to kill him afterwards? :wacko:). 

Spoiler

C4LqWRL.gif

By the way, in the promotional articles of The King, it was mentioned that "The Devil is released into the human world and soon opens a door into a parallel world." So the devil must be Lee Rim. 

So it's shown that Lee Ji-hun, Lee Gon's counterpart in the Rep of Korea, has died in 1994, probably killed by Lee Rim.

Spoiler

21sRgLq.gif

It's also interesting to see that Tae Eul's fellow police Shin Jae, is scribbling down the logo of the Empire of Korea on his notebook.

Spoiler

CnQmabQ.gif

It appears that the night his father was killed, the young Lee Gon mysteriously heard the flute play. As if it lured him to the scene of his father's death, and perhaps to stop Lee Rim from stealing the flute. He mentioned he held two things in is hand. The flute and the ID. Grandma seems to imply that she kept the flute hidden inside the whip that Lee Gon has been carrying around. 

oFynge4.gif

I mentioned in my review of the first episode that the flute is the key to the door to the parallel world. Now I see that when Lee Gon crossed the door into the parallel world, he was indeed carrying the key, the flute, inside his whip. So when he arrived at the forest that day, the door presented itself and Lee Gon was able to cross into the parallel world. It turns out that there are CCTV cameras in the forest, and Jo Young deduced that Lee Gon mysteriously disappeared at a particular spot in the forest. So that implies that whoever holds the flute, the key to the door, is able to see that door and cross into the parallel world.

TSiJsy1.gif

Lee Gon is aware of the importance of the flute (although not yet as the key to the door), hence, he's always carrying it around, even when summoned by Tae Eul at the hotel.

Spoiler

BC1VDsY.gif

Funny scene where Lee Gon realizes he's out of diamond buttons and cash. All for those new clothes, but I thought he said he wouldn't stay long in that world. Must be used to his lavish lifestyle as king. :lol:

Spoiler

8qKoDQa.gif

Aww, poor king felt sorry for himself he could only get a cup of water.

Spoiler

IWspUWX.gif

He finally meets Shin Jae, and he suddenly puts on the hood of his jacket to check if he was his savior. So he knows that Tae Eul was not his savior that night, but someone else close to her who had her ID.  

JnPWf0d.gif

Spoiler

TB0lRaA.gif

I thought the earlier photos released where Tae Eul was in taekwando uniform with some cherry blossoms around was out of her character. Haha, turns out it was staged to attract students to his dad's taekwando class. Well, it worked for Shin Jae.

By the way, the girl with the expensive cars is not Tae Eul's sister, but the owner of the building where Tae Eul's father used to teach taekwando.

So as I speculated in my previous review, the date "2019.11.11" on Tae Eul's ID card does have a significance to Lee Gon, and that he's been waiting for that date (the current date, as seen in Lee Gon's clock, is Sept 10, 2019).  

Spoiler

trN7oVg.gif

HgjPJrP.gif

When Tae Eul mentioned about Lee Gon's family worrying about him back home, I was thinking she meant like his father/mother/siblings. But Lee Gon had something different in his mind, and jumped right into a proposal to Tae Eul! Whew King Lee Gon, for someone who has no interest on getting married, that was quick. Well, like he said, he has been waiting to meet her all his life. And I guess he was swept away by her uniqueness; when most women would swoon over him, Tae Eul just dismisses him. She was not as he has expected, and that drew him into her. Grandma must be thrilled.:lol:

• Like 15
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

@Nikaa94 the funny thing is I think the couple in this drama is very much like the couple in LOTBS but the roles are reversed. Lee Gon is so persistent in pursuing JTE because he has a memory of her that only he knows while she is straight forwardly annoyed by him because he seems crazy. The same in LOTBS but LMH played the side of JTE instead. 

@syntyche always look forward to reading your posts Chingu! 

Before episode 2, I rewatched the scene where Lee Gon entered the gate to see if he was holding the flute. I was certain he wasn’t and confirmed maybe you don’t need the flute to pass through. Well that just complicate things, doesn’t it? Because now everyone can just pass through the gate as they wish. So of course, I was more than thrilled to learn the grandma somehow hid the flute within his whip! Gasp, love it! 

I also thought it was interesting that Lee Gon seems to know JTE was not his savior. He’s on the same page as us: the figure was that of a male. I’m tricked to believe it could have been the detective too, now that they’ve teased us with the possibility. My guess right now, 98% Lee Gon and 2% the detective. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@LeftCoastOppa we all think JY will die protecting the king. But what if the king dies protecting JY? Do I think the probability is high? Nope. Just a food for thought lol.

An interesting take - The King sacrifices himself to save JY.

If LG doesn't actually die, that gets real interesting.  While the King is recovering, the sharks are circling to seize power. JY is beside himself with grief over the near death of his King, and more importantly his lifelong friend, JTE will fight not only as a soon to be/new Queen. but also as a detective work to catch the perpetrators alongside JY 

I think you're onto something here .... :thumbsup:

LCO

• Like 9

Hi my fellow minoz and other drama fans here, i have decided to stay on this site only  because people here are nice and even if they criticise, they make valid points.  I am quitting other sites because i realise there is no point to defend drama and lmh, bcoz those who gonna hate, they will keep hating. And let them reply me. I will avoid. 

Success and patience will be the best slap. And i know after sometime , show will pick up the steam. So it's  better i focus good things on this site than toxic people. 

• Like 14
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Hi my fellow minoz and other drama fans here, i have decided to stay on this site only  because people here are nice and even if they criticise, they make valid points.  I am quitting other sites because i realise there is no point to defend drama and lmh, bcoz those who gonna hate, they will keep hating. And let them reply me. I will avoid. 

Success and patience will be the best slap. And i know after sometime , show will pick up the steam. So it's  better i focus good things on this site than toxic people. 

Yay! Great decision you’ve made! 

I don’t know if it’s just me but I’m enjoying this show so much! It has great potential and I have confidence writer Kim will come through. I must admit, I hate hearing outside noise about how its already “tanked”. What do you mean it tanked? The drama barely started. We’re only two episodes in. How do you know it won’t do well? It doesn’t affect me much as a viewer but I can only imagine how the actors will feel if they hear these things. 

*waiting patiently for its success so people can shut up* 

@Mingignim I made a speculation that the case JTE is currently investing is related to LL. I’m not sure if it is true but it seems likely. We learned from the preview for next week that Lee Gon can freeze time. I assume it has something to do with the flute. This means LL can also stop time. Now let’s examine the two cases shown in this episode. One is three boys suddenly and tragically getting hit by a truck, causing them injuries they won’t be able to recover from. Do you think it was just pure coincidence that LL asked the crying mother to change her wish to affect the fate of the three boys? I think not. LL most likely took it upon himself to grant her wish but he probably did it without ever being noticed. How? Because he can stop time. The second case is the one JTE is currently investigating. Take note of how the wife speaks of her murdered husband. It seems like they didn’t have the best relationship before he was murdered. I assume LL could have possibly been around when they once argued and overheard the wife wishing for death upon her husband. People get angry and say things they don’t mean. However, LL probably acted on her “wish”. This explains why the suspect says he was hit from behind and blacked out. When he woke up, he was somewhere different and there was blood all over. He can’t recall what happened. I think he’s telling the truth. If LL can freeze time, he can kill and set up a whole scene without anyone ever noticing. Anyway, these are just guesses I’m making but of course, I don’t actually know if they are in anyway related. Lol.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

The more I watch the 2 epis the more I draw parallels between this story and harry potter. While both harry & voldermort's wands had feathers from the same phoenix, which ironically connected the two wizards, here lee gon & his evil uncle posses parts of one magical flute. Harry & lee gon embrace bravery, kindness and good in general while voldermort & evil uncle yearn for power, corruption and basically evil

Moreover in the prisoner of azkaban, harry with the help of hermione, travels through time to save serius black without altering the timeline. The rule in time travel was not to let your past self see your future self. In the process however harry saves himself as well but assumes that his father saved his life. Likewise little lee gon assumes someone else saved him but as predicted by most of us, it could be none other than himself 

I'm going bonkers aren't I? I need some butterbeer :D 

Animated gif about cute in ♥ Harry Potter ♥ by May the force be ...

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

cr: izoaswing IG, via lmh_kig 

Jung Tae Eul's house is nice

EV80b6YU4AI5o7i?format=jpg&name=900x900

cr: sopia_ellen_official IG, via lmh_kig

furniture sponsor of Lee Gon's study in The King 

EV5rh6TUMAMjt2U?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EV5rgySUYAEpuIO?format=jpg&name=small

baby Maximus

cr: lovely_mino_7 IG 

EV7d_JlVcAATuYR?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

So happy I found this thread! This is an interesting drama indeed! I was waiting for the drama because I really like KGE and have not watched any of LMH’s dramas. So this is the first time I’m seeing him act :)

Having seen the first two episodes, yeah, I also think that the king saved his younger self. Curious to see how that came to be.

Interestingly, on episode 2, LG seemed to like JTE’s hair down, and asked him not to tie her hair :wub:

Edited by lofeval
  • Like 11

In my opinion, someone close to LG must have told Lee Lim about the ID of JET because we know from the sypnosis that Luna is working with Lee Lim. She has no ID and no family, while she has one family and an ID in Rep. Korea. I have the impression that Lee Lim could have been the one who erased her ID and family so that she would solely rely on him and this would help Lee Gon to go to Rep. Korea. He already killed his other self in the parallel world so he is capable to do it again in Mon. Corea.

Lee Jong In is the person I suspect to betray LG. He has access to info through the court lady Noh Ok Nam. Lee Jong In has many reasons for that... if LG was to die, then his family and his son would become the next kingsline. Then he falsified the autopsy report so that Lee Lim would be declared dead. By doing so, he allows Lee Lim to move freely in Mon. Corea, while at the same time he can no longer claim for the throne. However, Lee Jong In has no idea about the flute and the powers that it contains. Lee Lim doesn't age and at some point, he will come back and claim the throne. From my point of view, Lee Lim is already starting to act in Rep. Korea. 

Then since we have "doppelgänger", it means that there is another Kang Shin Jae in the parallel world which we haven't seen yet. Or we did but we are not aware of his true identity... Let me explain, the director changed the actor for the right-hand man of Lee Lim in order to underline the aging of the former, while Lee Lim had remained the same. So what if the director chose a different actor for the identity of the right-hand man as a younger self? The latter could have been asked to remain close JET and ensure that she would become an officer In other words, I have the impression that someone close to JET has been working for Lee Lim as well. But the identity of the spy is not revealed as the director won't chose the same actor for the two identities... he can ask another actor in order to show that Lee Lim intervened at different timelines.

Then the uncle lured LG in Rep. Korea for two reasons. He knew that LG would remain there for a while, once he met JET so that he could buy more time. There are greedy people around the king... the prime minister but also the counselor Lee Jong In. Being away for some time can help them to prepare something. During this time, LG is on his own and has no identity in Rep. Korea, Lee Lim can get rid of him and take back the flute. But what he didn't predict is that f. ex. Lee Gon would realize that something is wrong very quickly (he is a mathematician, an intelligent and observant man full of knowledge).

• Like 7
  • Insightful 8

OSEN | 2020. 04. 18. 9:50 PM

"The King: Eternal Monarch": Lee Min Ho makes heart shaken with proposal to Kim Go Eun

D5311BC8-E983-468B-871A-7A9C72793660.jpg

In "The King: Eternal Monarch" - a drama that turns imagination into reality, Lee Min Ho has officially started to shake the female heart when showing the romantic, frank and noble charisma through the role of the emperor riding a white horse to travel between two parallel worlds.

On the second episode of the Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS, scriptwriter: Kim Eun Sook, director: Baek Sang Hoon, Jung Ji Hyun) aired on the evening of April 18, Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) has created a fantasy romance that started with the one-of-a-kind candid proposal to prove to Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) the existence of himself and the parallel world, "Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul. I will let you become my queen. You have just become the reason. The reason that keeps me in this world."

Lee Min Ho signaled a successful comeback with more mature acting capability and aura through the role of Lee Gon - the third emperor of the Korean Empire. Next, in episode 2, the actor proved his true value of "romance king" when the relationship between him and Kim Go Eun - the girl living in a different world, the Republic of Korea - official started. In this episode with scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook's unique dialogue lines, Lee Min Ho made viewers admire Lee Gon's image thanks to his character immersion capability and deep emotional acting, from fluttering, shuddering feelings to his timely smile when acting with other characters.

In particular, in the 70 minutes depicting Lee Gon's process of adapting to the hustle and bustle life in Korea, Lee Min Ho has stolen the hearts of the small screen audiences not only with the nobility of a king but also by the charisma of a straightforward guy. When Jung Tae Eul - who he has longed for 25 years - showed a tough personality different from his imagination, Lee Min Ho was so surprised that he widened his eyes, and also showed a sadness as he was treated indifferently, which he had never suffered in the Korean Empire. Even so, he always stayed around Tae Eul and conveyed his sincere feelings through his calm and consistent way of talking, fluttering female hearts by the "noble" romance.

Besides, Lee Min Ho's deep, warm voice and acting through delicate eyes that match all epic lines also contributed to making the episode more appealing. From the dialogue imbued with emotion, "Thank you. Knowing that you exist somewhere, I have felt less lonely in the last 25 years", the scene of walking around the palace and bakery in downtown Seoul, walking into the fried chicken restaurant and boldly ordering "Can you taste it first?", Lee Min Ho perfectly performed Lee Gon's lines of a lifetime, thus bringing both laughter and fluttering emotions. In addition, he also got angry and expressed his sadness towards Tae Eul by saying, "You can't treat me like this. I will be very sad." In particular, the scene of Lee Gon proposing at the end of the episode pushed the fluttered emotions to the climax, thus recording the highest viewer rating at 14.7%.

In addition, Lee Gon promoted the charm of a "smart guy" when slowly digging into the parallel world based on his agile observation and reasoning skills. Besides, he oozed diverse charm from the staggering look when meeting Jo Eun Sub (played by Woo Do Hwan), who has a similar face with bodyguard captain Jo Young (played by Woo Do Hwan) but completely different personality, to the image of "Emperor" Lee Gon with bitter expressions when looking at the Korean Empire history where his dynasty disappeared.

After episode 2 ended, fans passionately expressed their love for Lee Min Ho. The actor has proved his influence and popularity when occupying the web portals inside and outside Korea as well as top search keywords on SNS.

The audience is curious about how Lee Gon, who is gradually discovering differences between two worlds, will continue his relationship with Tae Eul and whether in the Republic of Korea, he can find the benefactor who saved his life during the treason 25 years ago. Most of all, Lee Min Ho's acting and enthusiasm in the drama are receiving lots of anticipations.

OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Captured from SBS' broadcast 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

33 minutes ago, lofeval said:

So happy I found this thread! This is an interesting drama indeed! I was waiting for the drama because I really like KGE and have not watched any of LMH’s dramas. So this is the first time I’m seeing him act :)

Having seen the first two episodes, yeah, I also think that the king saved his younger self. Curious to see how that came to be.

Interestingly, on episode 2, LG seemed to like JTE’s hair down, and asked him not to tie her hair :wub:

I think more so like LG is scared she will kick his butt lol. Before she twisted his arm earlier, she tied her hair. Now he’s thinking, hair tying = getting in the mood to kick butts lol. He’s afraid of her. 

Hahaha, this is so reminiscent of Heirs days. In heirs though, many people thought he was a jerk for wanting her hair down (I can see why). But in this case, he’s simply afraid of what’s about to go down. Sorry, you said this is your first time watching lmh so you probably won’t get what I mean. 

—————————————————

Also, if you guys are wondering how this show is performing on Netflix, it’s been up for two days and already made it on the “popular on Netflix” section. Would be awesome if we could get it to the top 10 but I think it would be hard. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I think more so like LG is scared she will kick his butt lol. Before she twisted his arm earlier, she tied her hair. Now he’s thinking, hair tying = getting in the mood to kick butts lol. He’s afraid of her. 

Hahaha, this is so reminiscent of Heirs days. In heirs though, many people thought he was a jerk for wanting her hair down (I can see why). But in this case, he’s simply afraid of what’s about to go down. Sorry, you said this is your first time watching lmh so you probably won’t get what I mean. 

—————————————————

Also, if you guys are wondering how this show is performing on Netflix, it’s been up for two days and already made it on the “popular on Netflix” section. Would be awesome if we could get it to the top 10 but I think it would be hard. 

Oh yeah, that was a good point! I see that now. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

@serendipity... wow. Harry potter fan? Hello fellas!

Spoiler

I do love the series. I collected all the books and its stuffs. Watching the movies over and over since my high school days. I never thought this could be relatable to this. But since you've mentioned it,  I think it is relatable. It brings me all old memories I have of Harry's journey. 

~~~~

Talking about LR. I wonder what is he up to? He seems having some evil plans in his silence. But first ep we had him arrested and investigated by JTE and he acknowledged his murder. I wonder that scene probably in the future timelime,  2020 perhaps. Now they're still in late 2019. But that means he killed other person again? I mean he had killed his brother when he firstly arrived in Korea. But that case seems got closed since the wife of his brother didn't tell anything to the police. I guess the guy in that gambler's car trunk is one of his murder victims. And JTE's is investiahting that case. Then it could be a key which finally lead her to LR. 

He's mentally unstable. A crazy psychopath. He even killed himself. He's not aging either. I mean everyone is changing but he remain evil and more evil than before. I don't have any good theories to crack this question. So if the writer mixes the parallel world with time travel thing here. So far it's all over the place. I think we need to see how the rules actually work here. For now I will just enjoy the romance. It makes my heart goes pitter-patter rate. :lol:

• Like 8