[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Maximus :)

********************************************************************************

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

I honestly didnt think about the left or the right with regard to LG's injury. So all I will say is you guys are observant!

Two questions:

- is the lieutenant' sister in Korea, the girl who clicks pics and fangirls Jo in Corea?

- does the last photograph from the race day actually have Lee Rim in it? 

@Dramafreak, the girl who was taking photos and fangirls over Jo Young is Myeong Seung Ah, from Corea. Meanwhile, Myeong Na Ri, from Korea, is the owner of the building where Jung Tae Eul lives (she is not her sister). Myeong Seung Ah and Myeong Na Ri are counterparts on both worlds.

There are speculations that Lee Rim is in the last photo. 

• Like 9

Wow it has been a couple of years since I last logged in on Soompi :o but I've been lurking on this thread to look out for theories. :P

I don't know if it's just me but I feel like there are quite a number of references to the concept of God and Lee Rim sees himself as God. It's interesting to note that at the beginning of ep 1, he proclaims that "God did not create humans, weak humans created God." Throughout episode 1-2, we see him giving out judgement when he faces Jihoon's mum, "answering the prayers" of the wheelchair bound kid's mum, his desire to rewrite his own history...I guess the fact that he doesn't age while traveling between worlds adds to his superiority complex...

Either way, I'm pretty excited to see how the different themes and concepts will unravel over the next few episodes. :D

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

Oh gosh... this thread is always moving fast heh. It brought me back to the old days where soompi threads were very lively. 

Just done watching the king couple interview. You know why I drawn to the king so much. Because the strong female character we rarely get, then because they have good chemistry. I won't watch or comment much on the making vids or their interviews unless they show me some great chemistry and synergy both on/off screen. And these two are just really comfortable to each other in that video. Loved it. I am grinning from ear to ear while watching. It's so lovely seeing both are praising each other. KGE said she's fan of KT. Lol. And it's so cute seeing how these two r joking around with how they supposed to call each other as KT and JET. That's pretty fun and lovely for me. SBS keep them coming! I hope they'll give us some film making soon. Friday come faster please! Jebal.... 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

... {  Look into my eyes - you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart - search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more .. :wub: } 

15873881121587388097.gif

ezgif-3-59f075cb09e2.gif

15873883711587388366.gif

** she may into something his eyes  goes into her soul like criminal :D

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Number 2 in india. Yesssssss. My country has taste. India isn't hallyu market like east and south east asian countries, So amazing debut from number 10 to number 2 and series has just started. Now watching pattern has changed since boys over flowers, city hunter , heirs day. Though i wonder what about indonesia, where he is big star as well.

All 3 were massive pan asia hit but King potential is even bigger , thanks to worldwide. Lee min ho's fanbase is going to watch and were the reason behind solid debut, but netflix will add more to fanbase of leads!

Once the domestic ratings pickup in 3 or 4 weeks, it will be certified blockbuster and international number is gonna increase week by week!

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1

I’ve noticed quite a lot of people pointing out that Lee Gon’s scar is on the left side of his neck and that the director messed up, showing Lee Rim injuring him on the right side instead. However, these people are mistaken.

9a59f5d5ad0d7146b6990d338329696a5e019171

When LG cuts the flute in half, LR becomes livid and decides to kill Gon with his own hands in the most brutal way possible. He uses his left hand to pick up the fallen half from the floor and uses both halves of the flute to kill the boy. Most of the time, the camera shows Lee Rim pushing the flute in his right hand to LG’s neck, but we never see him actually cutting him with this half because he isn’t, instead LEE RIM IS USING THE RIGHT HALF TO PUSH ON LEE GON’S WINDPIPE, SUFFOCATING HIM. On the other hand, there is an an actual shot of LR slowly cutting his nephew’s neck with his left hand. And then LG faints. Not because of the blood loss since the cut is still too shallow and he hasn’t lost too much blood but because of the lack of oxygen (you can actually his heavy breathing as he tries to catch his breath).This basically proves that LR didn’t use his right hand to slit LG’s neck. 

Spoiler

39a434d86fa0c8906e80bdd084448da6e188a423

He would have completely slit LG’s neck with his left hand but couldn’t because he was interrupted and shocked by the masked man, letting go of one half od the flute. My guess is that the writer and director chose this detailed and explicit way in order to show LR’s ruthless nature in this brutal assault on his own relative, someone he should have protected with his life, but instead uses the most brutal way to murder him - suffocating him AND slitting him throat.

22374151080b62a6996f8ca9a735c6a71eafdd62

He could have shot him with a gun or stab with him with the Tiger sword but instead he chooses to use the flute. The first reason is, as I mentioned, the need to kill Gon with his own hands while the second is that he doesn’t want to let go of the flute and risk losing it after waiting for so long and going to such length to obtain it. The flute has been his lfelong obsession which is clear from the fact that whenever we see him he is either holding his umbrella, which has the piece of the flute in it, or it’s placed within his reach.

Spoiler

f748183df279c7999743cc2fd1cb1f8f69a34b08

There are several interesting facts which I think will be crucial in the future:

• It was Lee Gon who heard the flute’s sound when it was still whole.
  • It was Lee Gon who cut the flute in half, injuring his uncle.
  • Lee Rim’s half of the flute is stained with his blood which was spilled by his nephew whose half is stained with Lee Gon’s blood because of Lee Rim.

c5935c17cdec55d11f30b7b2050c6d7639da057f

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 9
  • Thanks 4

On 4/19/2020 at 5:19 AM, Joanna Alfson said:

005DCUQYgy1gdz7imlu93j30yi0xdwgo.jpg&key

005DCUQYgy1gdz7klychkj30u00h0dhy.jpg&key

Oh woow. It really have exploded up. No wonder it was trending 2nd place worldwide on twitter. I knew it was gonna flare up Internationally but not to this extend early on. 

Also number 1 in singapore 

Joanna or anyone else, if you can tell me how I can see this screen (sorry that I need to post the picture) I look at my US netflix and it does not show this 1st, 2nd ,3rd. It will be cool to search for this myself for all the countries that have Netflix. I am curious how you found this screen shot. I would like to search for Korea and the #1 show there.

Thanks!

• Like 6

Have you tuned in the new popular drama "The King: Eternal Monarch"? It is available on Netflix. Lee MinHo, Kim GoEun, and Woo DoHwan are the lead actors of this fantasy action romance. It depicts the cooperation between two parallel worlds (Korean Empire and South Korea) to close the door opened by dark forces between these two worlds.

From the two first episodes, the drama has caught our attention for various reasons but especially because of its beautiful scenes. They are eye candy, esthetic, and cinematographic with splendid sets and locations. The production team seems to have spent an important part of their budget on their pretty sets, costumes, and props. They designed a whole outfit for the emperor acted by Lee MinHo along with logo, money, palace, and more for the parallel world.

Here are our favorite 8 scenes and sets of the first two episodes in no particular order. The details of the scenes are thrilling, make sure to have the drama in your watchlist if the plot interest you.

1- Cute bromance - Eye candy scene

..... cont. 

you can read there

• Like 9

These Bystanders got their money worth for turning up on this day. How randomly do you run into Lee Min ho just randomly sprint riding in the middle of the city 

better angle 

@CallieP

you can do it on very single Netflix library. The guidelines are in the link

https://media.netflix.com/en/company-blog/see-whats-popular-on-netflix

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 9

Thanks for POPGASA.com

ZION.T – I JUST WANT TO STAY WITH YOU (THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH OST PART 1)

I just want to stay with you
In this time where no one else exists
The cold wind tries to separate us
We must face the long night once again

Spoiler

If only I can see you in my dreams
I wouldn’t mind falling asleep

Even if it can’t last forever
Even if we can’t remember each other
We will meet once again like destiny

Even if we have to say goodbye
Please cherish and remember
Our feelings for each other

When I was tired, you warmly held me
With your touch that was as warm as spring
I keep getting scared, I am afraid
So I’m waiting for you, who is so far away

All of those lonely nights
I wrote to you
But I erased them one by one
And only word remains

I don’t want to lose you

HWASA – ORBIT (THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH OST PART 2)

I’ll stay with you
Even when the dark night comes
I will be in your dreams
All fear will disappear

Spoiler

Standing on the edge of dawn
The day passes quickly
My aching heart for you
Doesn’t bother me anymore

You’ll be fine
Like a rising star
Can you see the starlight?