[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 hours ago, gwin said:

Here's another link to the preview.  Should work on all regions now.

I'm now 90% sure that's a ring on JTE's finger.

Wow! this preview.  Hmmm... here's what I think:

1. LG figures that because of the imbalance, people are getting these lightning scars.  That could be after ES dies and JY gets the scars.

2. To restore balance, he has to go back to before everyone was killed when LR came into KOR to change the past sequence of events.  So he has to choose a point in time in the past to do this.
- He can't go as far back to before his father's death, cos that was fated to be so he has to go back AFTER his father is killed, but just in time to save himself.  As he knows that he was indeed saved.  He figures that he is his own saviour.

3.  LG goes back in time and stops LR from killing himself; chases LR into the portal and defeats him there before he can cross over to KOR to do any damage.
- the flute becomes whole.  Balance is restored.  All come back to life.  He runs to meet JTE as we see in the preview.  
-  But...... JTE cannot recognise him :bawling:

4. So what wrong wrong with the equation?  
- Goes back to the wonderful formula.  If 2 worlds run in parallel, they will never meet and run in infinity alongside each other
- there needs to be a "+" somewhere.  And in the formula, we see that when there is a beautiful "+", the two worlds meet.  
- He had the answer all along - something has to be added

5. He goes back again to the same point in time when his father was killed.  That is why we probably see 2 "saviours".  Both are LG.
- This time, he "adds" JTE's badge.  JTE becomes part of LG's life.

6.  When he crosses over to KOR again, we see JTE running towards him now - at the same place, where they first met.

Hopefully that's the beautiful solution...

I can't figure out a) interrogation scene at the start and b) the spoiler where LG walks pass JTE and she collapses to the ground and cries..... hmmm... needs more thinking....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 11
  • Insightful 11

2 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

from the twitter part part posts 

1st part :
Lee gon :There will come a moment when it seems I’ve disappeared. I don’t want you to worry too much when that happens. It just means I’m walking through the frozen moments in time

2nd part:

Tae eul narrates “It took for a while to understand (or time has passed alot for me to to understand / as time passed i understood)

that there aren’t coincidences when it comes to fate.Though sometimes your choices determine fate, but at times fate chooses it for you.

tae eul hey the one with the horse !

hugs him !

3rd part :

JY : I think its fate 

ES : (i didnt get it right ....his satoori is at another level lol )
SJ : I really liked the fact that I Am mom’s son.

PM koo : if i would .... to the majesty 

Would i be able to show him well ? 

LR : did finally niece has met the legend 
LG : If the reason behind the treason was manpasikjeok , the thing that LR got in hand was the door to another world !

this is from the youtube ,

last part b4 LG narrates abt his disappearance fact

As bright  door with crack appears on the screen ,

Tae eul :Even if that door closes,

LG :can we really change fate ? 

Tae eul : its just that we werent able to figure it out yet 

LG : it is like this that it has been changed. 

ps : sorry for my poor english 

and please forgive me if am wrong with the translation  

Thanks!  This is helpful!

That scene where SJ's mom is hugging young SJ...we've not seen that before, right?

Also, are we sure all those scenes will be in Episode 13?  Because combining these with the previews shown after Episode 12 and the still photos, are they going to cram this all in one episode:

From the end of Episode 12-

1.  LR and PM meeting

2.  Someone injecting something in ES's IV drip at the hospital

3.  SJ going somewhere 

4.  That scene where either JTE or Luna goes to the morgue?

5.  Luna meeting JTE's dad

6.  JTE talking to Luna on the phone

7.  JY stalking Ji-Hun's mom

8.  Luna kissing SJ

From that new preview:

1.  LR and LG meeting in the in-between and across the gate

2.  LR and PM under some sort of tunnel

3.  LG and JTE hugging, while time is stopped

4.  (Flashback?) young SJ hugging his mom

From still photos:

1.   LG getting attacked, then in hospital with JY

Carryover from Episode 12
1.  Scene between PM and LG

2.  Scene between Lady Noh and JTE

All that in Episode 13?!?

Also, I find it curious that in the in-between, while LG has balloons behind him, LR has photos behind him.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, Y_tg said:

3.  LG goes back in time and stops LR from killing himself; chases LR into the portal and defeats him there before he can cross over to KOR to do any damage.
- the flute becomes whole.  Balance is restored.  All come back to life.  He runs to meet JTE as we see in the preview.  
-  But...... JTE cannot recognise him :bawling:

Why do you think JTE cannot recognise him?

The scene whereby he ran to her and they hugged and the scene whereby most thought they saw a ring?

That scene?

I thought she was crying! That look. That emotion. I wanna cry together with them!

Are we looking at the same thing?

Or am I lacking of sleep that I am seeing completely different thing from most of you here??:sweat_smile:

• Like 6

My liberal arts brain has officially exploded with the new teasers and videos!

Gosh, seems like KES is going reward the Monarchs for our undying devotion to TKEM!

The next episodes are going to be EPIC! EPIC! EPIC!

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

GOSH...:o

Is it going to be Lara Croft time reversal...Harry Potter expecto patronum...and Goblin 'I forgot then I remember' all mixed up in one now?? :huh: 

LG & LR fight for Manpasikjeok a'la Lara Croft

Spoiler

Spoiler

LG saved himself a'la Harry Potter

Spoiler

LG 'forgot then remember' about JTE a'la Goblin

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

4 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Why do you think JTE cannot recognise him?

The scene whereby he ran to her and they hugged and the scene whereby most thought they saw a ring?

That scene?

I thought she was crying! That look. That emotion. I wanna cry together with them!

Are we looking at the same thing?

Or am I lacking of sleep that I am seeing completely different thing from most of you here??:sweat_smile:

I am thinking that JTE cannot recognise him cos when LG went back the first round to save himself, he didn't "drop" the ID card.  He did not set that sequence of events going.  He did not "add" himself to JTE's world or add JTE to his world.  (whether under the same circumstances or different.  Meaning, he fell in love with JTE at first sight simple cos she was part of his world for the last 25 years due to the ID card.  He feels that JTE had saved him.  THis is regardless of the fact of whether LR is caught or not.)

I don't know if she was crying or not in that scene.  Sorry, perhaps some of you could see?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5

2 minutes ago, Y_tg said:

I am thinking that JTE cannot recognise him cos when LG went back the first round to save himself, he didn't "drop" the ID card.  He did not set that sequence of events going.  He did not "add" himself to JTE's world or add JTE to his world.  (whether under the same circumstances or different.  Meaning, he fell in love with JTE at first sight simple cos she was part of his world for the last 25 years due to the ID card.  He feels that JTE had saved him.  THis is regardless of the fact of whether LR is caught or not.)

I don't know if she was crying or not in that scene.  Sorry, perhaps some of you could see?

I really don't know anymore. Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Hi, I don’t know what’s gonna happen to the story in the next episodes. But I had a theory that I posted on youtube a week before. I just wanted to share it with you guys. The preview of ep 13 is sooo confusing. And I don’t think my theory is right. But still wanted to share because even if a single element from that make sense, it’ll be nice. 

I’m stuck with this Lee Ji Hu idea. What if he some how escaped from Lee Rim and grew up somewhere secretly. He might appear in the next episodes. I guess he may kill Lee Rim and take hold of his flute, travel back to the past, and save young Lee Gon. This might sound naive but I really do think that’s how it is gonna be. Because it’s definitely LMH who saved Lee Gon.

Another possibility. Lee Lim might have raised Lee Ji Hu secretly. There is no reason for him to kill Lee Jin Hu anyway. But he can use him as his final weapon against The King since both of them have the same face. Why do u think Lee Lim is protecting LeeJi Hu’s mom? He doesn’t even allow her to die despite her attempting to suicide several times. I think this is to threaten Lee Ji Hu with his mom. Lee Lim might want Lee Ji Hu to do things in his favour. But as I said Lee Ji Hu will somehow kill Lee Rim, and save his mom. Then he will take the flute and join hands with LeeGon.

I am so much confused with theory of Lee Gon travelling to his past to save his younger self. It is because he was saved that day that he is alive today. If he was killed that day, there wouldn’t be a present lee gon to go back to the past. So in brief, if he is alive today, there is no reason for him to go back to save himself. My guess is Lee ji hu is the one who saved young Lee Gon. We did not see lee ji hu getting killed in the drama. We just saw lee lim approaching lee ji hu to kill him.

This was what I thought before ep 13 preview. But now when I think about it, maybe LG can save his younger self. But he might have gone to the past for some other reason like killing LR but ended up saving himself. 

Please share your thoughts. 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

Waah they are really messing with our brains today! The one day of waiting feels like an eternity! :lol: Also the one week wait for the finale to come!

Hoping the ending is satisfying for us who stuck with it through the confusing and frustrating parts! :D

Yeap,..KES keeps twisting here and there..I almost faint..

• Like 2
  • LOL 5