[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 minutes ago, shershik said:

Hello everyone!  
I'm not sure that this theory has not yet been on the previous 100 pages, but: what if Lady Noh is the mother of LR?  

Then, to regain balance, LG just needs to prevent her from moving to KOK. 

That's Hard reset.  

A conspiracy does not arise, everyone is alive.  And the flute will be intact.

PS. I apologize for my English. Google is my best friend. :sweatingbullets:

Do we know if Lady Nuh is Lee Lim's mother? If saw this will prevent Lee Lim existence alltogether

• Like 2

1 minute ago, veespn said:

CLOY finished shooting on 12nd Feb this year and its last episode is almost 2 hours. The final was on 16th Feb. 4 Days before the final.

What’s worse??

The Heirs finished shooting on Tuesday and they aired two final eps on Wednesday and Thursday if I remember correctly. 

This show is not like heirs or cloy. Its CGI heavy and needs alot editing 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gwin said:
Spoiler

The problem with trying to predict, as I mentioned earlier, is that we don't know what kind of time travel principle KES has adopted in TKEM.  

I love time travel in fiction, so please bear with me with this nerd-y explanation.  LOL

I linked this video before.  It's short and gives a very clear explanation of the common principles of time travel used in works of fiction:

Basically, the two most common principles used are (around 1:10 of the video):

1.  Self-consistent principle -   As explained in the video:  "Since time travel takes you to the past, when the time travel happens the first time, the time traveler version of you was always there to begin with."   This is the principle followed in Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban.  Discussion in the video starts around 5:25.

2.   New/Changed history - As explained in the video:  "The very act of time travelling in the past changed what happened and forced the universe to a different trajectory of history from the one you experienced prior to time travelling".   This is the principle followed in Back to the Future.  Discussion in the video starts around 3:00.

If KES followed the self-consistent principle, then there is no "original timeline".  If KES followed the changed history principle, there is an original timeline BEFORE the time travel, which we do not know yet.

EDIT:  Let's assume that KES followed the same principle as in BTTF.   That means we need to know what would have happened if the time traveller (let's assume that this is Lee Gon) did not travel from the future to save young Lee Gon.  As I mentioned before, there are several possibilities:

1.   Young Lee Gon dies as no one saved him, LR gets the whole flute ---  This cannot happen if we are following the BTTF principle.  There will be no future Lee Gon to save young Lee Gon.

2.   Young Lee Gon does not die, but LR gets the whole flute --- if Lee Gon didn't get any part of the flute, I cannot see how the time travel will be triggered for him in the first place. So this is unlikely.

3.  Young Lee Gon does not die, still gets half of the flute ---  If he lives then there will be a future Lee Gon to save him, since that future Lee Gon will have half of the flute.   This is the likeliest scenario, if KES follows the BTTF principle.

But to be honest?  I do not think KES is using the BTTF principle.  It's likely that she's using the self-consistent principle ala Harry Potter.  This post is getting long so I'll just explain later.

There is also the time machine time travel concept which really sucks because nothing can be remade. He watches his wife die like 1000 times. I am glad we are not using that concept here

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Do we know if Lady Nuh is Lee Lim's mother? If saw this will prevent Lee Lim existence alltogether

No we don’t know if she’s LL’s mother . And I highly doubt LG would off her or not let her come to Corea. She’s extremely important to LG’s physical and mental well being. 

20 minutes ago, shershik said:

Hello everyone!  
I'm not sure that this theory has not yet been on the previous 100 pages, but: what if Lady Nuh is the mother of LR?  

That's Hard reset.  

I think it was discussed a while back...Theorizing is always fun! :wub:

I think it would be Lady N personal choice, not LG to move from KOK (to reset the time clock). She definitely knows more than she lets on.. however, I don’t think she’s the concubine. I always thought she had personal feelings for the uncle Prince (second in line to the throne). :)

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, veespn said:

CLOY finished shooting on 12nd Feb this year and its last episode is almost 2 hours. The final was on 16th Feb. 4 Days before the final.

What’s worse??

The Heirs finished shooting on Tuesday and they aired two final eps on Wednesday and Thursday if I remember correctly. 

But CLOY also had a good chunk of it's finale filmed already from Switzerland.   Two days is insane, but they also didn't have much to do for post, if I remember the finale correctly. 

Goodbye scene - full cast, but it was mostly just HB and SYJ, this was like 20 minutes.  Then we had the montages of the SK/NK crews, and then Switzerland, which was filmed months earlier.  There wasn't much to do in post, and almost all of it was using old sets as well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

The plot is Highly emotional in my opinion due to the resets. In the trailer it looks like as if they quick relive again the events before the reset. I was almost in tears seeing that and also the police scene hit me a spot re-seeing it unfold again 

I was tears seeing them relive these events again. Oh my days! :bawling:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, shershik said:

Hello everyone!  
I'm not sure that this theory has not yet been on the previous 100 pages, but: what if Lady Nuh is the mother of LR?  

That's Hard reset.  

lady noh seems to hate him ,to be his mother sounds off

we don't have a hint what might be the events led her to go from ROK TO KOC 

since the flute appears every 20 years which meant it appeared dec 1954

that seems off with her date of birth(1832) & 67 years she mentioned 

it may make sense if lee gon is the one who made her travel since the flute didn't appear before 1954 but why did ?

again where is the stating point of the events here?

unless who made her cross the universe in the first place can also time travel & made her go to KOC but in the near future

:w00t::w00t:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, aya02 said:

lady noh seems to hate him ,to be his mother sounds off

we don't have a hint what might be the events led her to go from ROK TO KOC 

since the flute appears every 20 years which meant it appeared dec 1954

that seems off with her date of birth(1832) & 67 years she mentioned 

it may make sense if lee gon is the one who made her travel since the flute didn't appear before 1954 but why did ?

again where is the stating point of the events here?

unless who made her cross the universe in the first place can also time travel & made her go to KOC but in the near future

:w00t::w00t:

The Flute didn't appear before 1954? What do you mean by that? The flute is ancient and goes back to the Silla dysnsty which is around 57 BC it's older predates Jesus birth according to the timeline in the show

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

This show is not like heirs or cloy. Its CGI heavy and needs alot editing 

Yeah so it could be another delay. And its good because they can end it on Saturday so viewership will not be affected by TVN’s Three Meals a Day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, veespn said:

Yeah so it could be another delay. And its good because they can end it on Saturday so viewership will not be affected by TVN’s Three Meals a Day. 

I Dont think they care about viewers on SBS but rather seeking good final product 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Yes I think so. Lady Nuh is not from his world but from JTE world and she asked her about Civil war which didn't happen in LG's Kingdom. So technically someone brought her to the Kingdom during the civil war. It was Lee Gon in my opinion

I too am interested in the TKEM's connection with the Korean War. LeeGon was also interested in the history as well. It was the subject he was researching in the first library scene. :unsure:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

The Flute didn't appear before 1954? What do you mean by that? The flute is ancient and goes back to the Silla dysnsty which is around 57 BC it's older predates Jesus birth according to the timeline in the show

i meant since it appears every 20 

so in lady noh timeline it appeared dec-1954 & that doesn't go well with her supposed crossing

in 1949(1932-17 since she saw her family the last time)

she asked JT about the korean war end (6-1950 to 7-1953) since she didn't know the outcome that means she did leave before the end of 1953 but how since the flute appeared in dec 1954?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

so in lady noh timeline it appeared dec-1954 & that doesn't go well with her supposed crossing

she asked JT about the korean war end (6-1950 to 7-1953) since she didn't know the outcome that means she did leave before the end of 1953 but how since the flute appeared in dec 1954?

53 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Yes I think so. Lady Nuh is not from his world but from JTE world and she asked her about Civil war which didn't happen in LG's Kingdom. So technically someone brought her to the Kingdom during the civil war. It was Lee Gon in my opinion

17 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

1 minute ago, aya02 said:

@Elnin Joery @aya02 Here's a post I made earlier explaining the history of the flute as well as its potential connection to Lady Noh that might be helpful to you guys !

#######################

53 minutes ago, gwin said:

But to be honest?  I do not think KES is using the BTTF principle.  It's likely that she's using the self-consistent principle ala Harry Potter.  This post is getting long so I'll just explain later.

@gwin I thought the same as you with the Harry Potter time traveling and condensed it into a chart seen here! In LG or JTE's case, they probably did it a few times instead "once" like in Harry Potter.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aya02 said:

I just think I lost you translation can you elaborate on what you mean by re-appeared dec 1954?

41 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I definitely agree with these who said !! Lets go season 2! The K-fans truly understand that this needs continuity due to the vastness of the storyline. Most exciting series have ever seen or become addicted to. A second season on this one is must

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I definitely agree with these who said !! Lets go season 2! The K-fans truly understand that this needs continuity due to the vastness of the storyline. Most exciting series have ever seen or become addicted to. A second season on this one is must

tenor.gif

And this is coming from someone who is clearly not a fan of anyone involved just a neutral viewer but it's addictive and sucked me right in and I had to watch every weekend. I am also a very genre based guy who only watches gore movies but this show is something. It dosen't matter who you are if you begin you gotta see it thru it's hell'va addictive 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

On 5/23/2020 at 4:47 AM, SweetButters said:

So I made this nice little chart thing to help my little scientist brain understand better what's going on! Maybe it'll help some of you guys (there are probably typos or whatever else)! :joy:

Bp0T66b.png

this is so informative 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1