[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

JTE hugging LG during their first meeting is heartbreaking, there appears to be no recognition on his face at all. I cannot figure how JTE remembers LG but he doesn't remember her. Does the timeline reset only affect people from KOC? How does things change with this new timeline where JTE hugs LG first? She obviously remembers her love for him, but would he still fall in love with her this time?

Now I'm very curious and would like to know what the original timeline was like. All that we've been watching so far obviously has to be an altered timeline because LG has JTE's ID from the start. How did they meet the first time? How did they fall in love, and what happened that made him go back in time to leave JTE's ID as a clue to himself? 

From the leaked photos from this week's shoot, her breaking down and crying after seeing LJH should mean that she is still waiting for LG and probably has been for a long time without knowing if he'd be able to come back to ROK. Would this be before the new JTE first meeting hug?

So many questions that I think won't be answered with the new episode on Saturday. It's going to be a long wait for episodes 14 to 16. :tears::tears::tears: I keeping thinking of Please Don't Cry from Davichi....I foresee a lot of crying the last few episodes. 

The plot is Highly emotional in my opinion due to the resets. In the trailer it looks like as if they quick relive again the events before the reset. I was almost in tears seeing that and also the police scene hit me a spot re-seeing it unfold again 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

One thing I can't connect with the premise and the timeline theory continuity is Lee Gon going back to before 1950s probably to pick up Lady Nuh or was it his grand-father who looks like Lee Gon?

he still has the whip so i don't think so

it may had a thing to do with lady noh as u said but why did he go with JT?!

maybe the imbalance started way before LR since lady noh came to ROC

LR must had known something about her traveling btw the 2 worlds 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

31 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

This theory lacks consistency. I don't think LJH is alive otherwise we would have known and what purpose dose he serve Lee Lim? In my opinion Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul find themselves in a timeloop. 

The person who saved first Lee Gon to start the timeloop is not Lee Gon and that was a timeline previous all of this someone altered that out. 

It could have been a family member as we know the flute has been used before LG with Lady Nuh case and even few that predate her.

So we have. 

Timeline A: Lee Gon and His father both die

Timeline B: Someone saves them both and they both live and this is where LG for the first time runs into JTE when he crosses over but something happens here. 

Timeline C: This is where we start in the series LG manages to save himself but not his father and drops ID card to his younger self

Timeline D: Lee Gon resets time again this time JTE has memory of him probably because of the tree she planted in the between

Conclusion we have two saviours at the spot and both are LG From Timeline B and Timeline C and they both together create timeline D. As for us viewers we have been watching the events of Timeline C

Now this is the timeline theory that actually makes sense to me without hurting my brain LOL

I would like to add :

Timeline A: If both of them die then Lee lim would have complete ownership of the flute. I don't see how he would lose it to someone else.

Timeline B: may be in this timeline JTE dies.

Also we can  reduce possibility of one timeline by combining timeline A and B (AB): Where young  LG  was alive because for some reason he couldn't hear sound of flute and hence never faced Lee lim on that day but then question arises: If Lee lim took the complete flute , how did he meet JTE?( trust me to make one theory and find loophole in the next sentence.:sweat_smile:)

Edited by Umjicheok
Typos
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, aya02 said:

he still has the whip so i don't think so

it may had a thing to do with lady noh as u said but why did he go with JT?!

maybe the imbalance started way before LR since lady noh came to ROC

LR must had known something about her traveling btw the 2 worlds 

This makes sense. Which could mean he went back to solve the mystery behind the door and they also pickup Lady Nuh somehow is my opinion

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

This makes sense. Which could mean he went back to solve the mystery and they also pickup Lady Nuh somehow is my opinion

so no one is actually going to remember that they have been time traveled except LG who is doing the actual traveling? Because if he goes back to the 50s and pick up LN, then the time line we see now shows no one actually remembers what is happening or happened.

I am not even understanding myself now.

i need to drink again:

tenor.gif?itemid=9476195

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

This theory lacks consistency. I don't think LJH is alive otherwise we would have known and what purpose dose he serve Lee Lim? In my opinion Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul find themselves in a timeloop. 

The person who saved first Lee Gon to start the timeloop is not Lee Gon and that was a timeline previous all of this someone altered that out. 

It could have been a family member as we know the flute has been used before LG with Lady Nuh case and even few that predate her.

So we have. 

Timeline A: Lee Gon and His father both die

Timeline B: Someone saves them both and they both live and this is where LG for the first time runs into JTE when he crosses over but something happens here. 

Timeline C: This is where we start in the series LG manages to save himself but not his father and drops ID card to his younger self

Timeline D: Lee Gon resets time again this time JTE has memory of him probably because of the tree she planted in the between

Conclusion we have two saviours at the spot and both are LG From Timeline B and Timeline C and they both together create timeline D. As for us viewers we have been watching the events of Timeline C

I got ur point. But don’t u think this theory is too complicated for common people to understand? But yes, the production team for sure has enough potential to make the viewers grasp the story through visuals. Btw your theory is really good. :heart:

But I still am confused with the name tag with 3 syllables that LMH was wearing in a spoiler video. What could it be? 

Also how else is LR going to use LJH’s mother as bait?

This drama is really good. Excited !  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

so no one is actually going to remember that they have been time traveled except LG who is doing the actual traveling? Because if he goes back to the 50s and pick up LN, then the time line we see now shows no one actually remembers what is happening or happened.

I am not even understanding myself now.

i need to drink again:

:joy:

I think LG going back to the pre-50s is part of his destiny just like him crossing over to the another world. He could have picked up Lady Nuh in 2 timelines on row. LG Timeline pickup her up first and LG Timeline C is gonna pick her up again 

• Like 6

This freaking show.

These freaking writers.

We thought we had everything all figured out, went to sleep, came back, and LG doesn't remember JTE and she's hugging him back in their first meeting.

Also, every time I see LG in his savior outfit, it just strengthens my belief that SJ is also going back in time with him.  This show's faked us out SO many times with their promos, and they've surprised us in almost every episode.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

12 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

This makes sense. Which could mean he went back to solve the mystery behind the door and they also pickup Lady Nuh somehow is my opinion

u mean leegon is the one who brought lady noh originally

my head hurts:blink:

but how & why 

we need a starting point here and that can't be started by lee gon

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Now this is the timeline theory that actually makes sense to me without hurting my brain LOL

I would like to add :

Timeline A: If both of them die then Lee lim would have complete ownership of the flute. I don't see how he would lose it to someone else.

Timeline B: may be in this timeline JTE dies.

Also we can  reduce possibility of one timeline by combining timeline A and B (AB): Where young  LG  was alive because for some reason he couldn't hear sound of flute and hence never faced Lee lim on that day but then question arises: If Lee lim took the complete flute , how did he meet JTE?( trust me to make one theory and find loophole in the next sentence.:sweat_smile:)

If Lee Lim has the complete control of the Flute dosen't mean his save from someone else in the past who has also full control of the flute or in the future in that matter. He can be taken out by that someone but in this situation I don't think he ever gained full control of the flute. I think he was stopped in Timeline B by someone time-travelling to alter him out of history it could be a family member grandfather or someone else but at the end of the day this is only a theory

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

In regards to “beheading kiss” broke the internet. Here is a good meme. 

The kiss had Avert the crisis. :joy:

All Jokes aside, it is kinda sad that, it takes passionate kiss for people to pay attention. I have love TKEm since the very beginning, with all it's flaws, and love the OTP, even before all the bells and whistles. :heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Actor LeeMinHo chewing gum before the kiss scene. I want to ask KGE, how does it feel? I hope this question will be in her interview later.:grin:

oufee8li0c27.gif

he’s so focused on her all the time.. even in the little moments:wub:

img.gif

DC

Little theory based on the latest preview. We all know that messing up with time line or playing with it always brings chaos upon the world, basically cause the balance gets disturbed. But, nature always follows it's course and goes back to it's place.

one thing i like about TKEM: THEY GIVE US THE BEST HUG SCENE

Spoiler

img.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 9
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, aya02 said:

u mean leegon is the one who brought lady noh originally

my head hurts:blink:

but how & why 

we need a starting point here and that can't be started by lee gon

Yes I think so. Lady Nuh is not from his world but from JTE world and she asked her about Civil war which didn't happen in LG's Kingdom. So technically someone brought her to the Kingdom during the civil war. It was Lee Gon in my opinion

• Like 5

The problem with trying to predict, as I mentioned earlier, is that we don't know what kind of time travel principle KES has adopted in TKEM.  

I love time travel in fiction, so please bear with me with this nerd-y explanation.  LOL

I linked this video before.  It's short and gives a very clear explanation of the common principles of time travel used in works of fiction:

Basically, the two most common principles used are (around 1:10 of the video):

1.  Self-consistent principle -   As explained in the video:  "Since time travel takes you to the past, when the time travel happens the first time, the time traveler version of you was always there to begin with."   This is the principle followed in Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban.  Discussion in the video starts around 5:25.

2.   New/Changed history - As explained in the video:  "The very act of time travelling in the past changed what happened and forced the universe to a different trajectory of history from the one you experienced prior to time travelling".   This is the principle followed in Back to the Future.  Discussion in the video starts around 3:00.

If KES followed the self-consistent principle, then there is no "original timeline".  If KES followed the changed history principle, there is an original timeline BEFORE the time travel, which we do not know yet.

EDIT:  Let's assume that KES followed the same principle as in BTTF.   That means we need to know what would have happened if the time traveller (let's assume that this is Lee Gon) did not travel from the future to save young Lee Gon.  As I mentioned before, there are several possibilities:

1.   Young Lee Gon dies as no one saved him, LR gets the whole flute ---  This cannot happen if we are following the BTTF principle.  There will be no future Lee Gon to save young Lee Gon.

2.   Young Lee Gon does not die, but LR gets the whole flute --- if Lee Gon didn't get any part of the flute, I cannot see how the time travel will be triggered for him in the first place. So this is unlikely.

3.  Young Lee Gon does not die, still gets half of the flute ---  If he lives then there will be a future Lee Gon to save him, since that future Lee Gon will have half of the flute.   This is the likeliest scenario, if KES follows the BTTF principle.

But to be honest?  I do not think KES is using the BTTF principle.  It's likely that she's using the self-consistent principle ala Harry Potter.  This post is getting long so I'll just explain later.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 5

5 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

This freaking show.

These freaking writers.

We thought we had everything all figured out, went to sleep, came back, and LG doesn't remember JTE and she's hugging him back in their first meeting.

Also, every time I see LG in his savior outfit, it just strengthens my belief that SJ is also going back in time with him.  This show's faked us out SO many times with their promos, and they've surprised us in almost every episode.

seriously i haven't worked my brain this much since my graduation

i tried to recall what i studied in QM apart from googling too many info

me after evey ep

i laterally have a pen & a paper in ,y hand whenever i watch the eps

this is just mind blowing

my only complaint is the directing, i really wished ES'd continue working with goblin director 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Hello everyone!  
I'm not sure that this theory has not yet been on the previous 100 pages, but: what if Lady Nuh is the mother of LR?  

Then, to regain balance, LG just needs to prevent her from moving to KOK. 

That's Hard reset.  

A conspiracy does not arise, everyone is alive.  And the flute will be intact.

PS. I apologize for my English. Google is my best friend. :sweatingbullets:

Edited by shershik
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Spoiler

cancelled due to a movie instead and now the time loop for the episodes feel like it’s off too <_<:lol:

———

alright. Finally done backtracking. Reading everyone’s theories felt like the days I use to run a mile for my PE class: out of breath and out of my mind :joy: 

I have no idea what’s going on but my take is that LG will travel to save himself (confirmed with the preview now) but something will still be disrupted hence memory loss occurs. TE forgets first then remembers. 

Reveal hidden contents

The spoiler where we saw JH could actually be true and we are in a time loop where their real fate is supposed to meet. Maybe JH is the one TE was supposed to be with and fall for. But even I don’t know anymore :astonished:

exactly how I feel right now!! It all comes back to a question I had a while back: which LR are we seeing here and why is he there in the first place? Can this actually be after he killed his brother in KOC?  :weary: I feel like all the events are not in the right places. 

Lol! Go to sleep. We have a live party tomorrow, and we must once again watch with no understanding of Korean :joy:

LOL!!! All the above!!

guys..i saw this:

and was like..”who the hell this guy?” Then realized “omg..is that LR? I didn’t recognize him!” And came to the conclusion that LR is even more handsome at this screenshot angle :lol:

@scrawford hahahahaha! At this rate, I am throwing vodka parties every day now! 

let’s all drink to repair our brain cells :P

I will like to take double vodka with spirte:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

I REALLY believe that Contagion is a smokescreen for them not finishing up in time.  Nobody can edit two finale episodes in one week, especially with the type of effects and cinematography that goes on with TKEM.  If 13 and 14 were ready, then that buys them all of next week to just 15, and then the whole week after for 16.  They were filming up until like, 36 hours ago.  I don't follow Korean production times, but I've never seen a show cut it THAT close, and they air two massive episodes a week!  Western shows are 40 min long, TKEM is 70.

CLOY finished shooting on 12nd Feb this year and its last episode is almost 2 hours. The final was on 16th Feb. 4 Days before the final.

What’s worse??

The Heirs finished shooting on Tuesday and they aired two final eps on Wednesday and Thursday if I remember correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3