[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

44 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

We should be happy and try to be half as cute as them :lol:

Thank you. This thread badly needs some breather. Keep 'em coming pleaaassseee 

23 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

If everyone just focus on the story and not criticize on screen time and etc... I bet they will feel the same way too.

Unfortunately, some are just watching the drama to see LMH and not invest their time in the story that he is trying to tell.

Agreed. :wub: We are just half way there, I highly doubt it that LMH won't get much screen time on the remaining 8 episodes, let's wait and see. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Are there any theories that ROK and KOC are merging into one world? Remember what Nari said about dopplegangers and that they have to kill them because one can only exist? 

Honestly I didn't believe what she said and kinda of looked past it. I mean how is it even possible what she said. We have already seen JY and his double bromancing each other 

• LOL 4

14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Where is this? I NEED to see it!! :lol:

Hehehe, you’re not alone. Many of us here feel the same way. Let’s call them really really good “friends.” :lol:

One thing we know for certain, they enjoy each other’s company. And if being good friends means I’ll see them being stinking cute for the next 4 weeks, then sign me up. 

Wow, we only have 4 weeks left to go. 

Hahaha

O my God

Never like this before. Even when he had so wonderful chemistry at bts with PSH and other FL, I never think like this before. Crazy. 

About the scene, take a look closer in episode 7 where they walk together after shooting scene for the doll

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, mamabear said:

This. The constant comment about the way she looks is pretty annoying honestly. Even so whenever haters say that her looks are not at par with her partner's looks. Like come on man, you are really going there? She is beautiful. She has the type of face that gets prettier the longer your stare at it. I know not all LMH fans are like that,  but I hope they'd stop blaming KGE about the way she looks and compare it with other former drama partners of LMH coz that is unfair. KGE deserves her role. The people behind the casting believe so that's why they chose her. 

I don’t consider those as lmh’s true fans, they’re just trolls or shippers of other ships. True fans support and will want this drama to succeed. I see some claiming they are fans but wishing it would fail just because of the paring. That’s not a fan. 

I’m a huge LMH fan and take it from me, KGE is my favorite female lead up to date! And to those trolls, they should know LMH himself said she was the actress he most wanted to work with. 

KGE has such a fresh natural beauty. She also radiates! Her smile is bright and contagious. How can one not love her? 

• Like 4
  • Love 11

It’s really annoying when I read the comments that the FL should be someone on Bae Suzzy’s level of beauty. They feel like KGE is unworthy of LMH. So sad. KGE is beautiful.

On the other hand, I agree that they should cut some of the backstory on Shin Jae (ie when he got beat-up by bullies). I mean we have already established he liked JTE and that he was going downhill. So what is the purpose of that scene? They should have expounded on LG’s backstory

I also think the drama would have greatly benefitted if it was aired in tvn because of the extra 30 mins to give it breathing room because some of the scenes just not stick. For example, if we had the extra 30 mins then maybe the part on which JTE talks about fate and  yoyo boy showed up could have been incorporated in episode 7 with the episode still ending with PM and Luna meet-up. Nevertheless, this is a great story and I hope some of knetizens realize how intricate, complex, and engaging the storyline is.

Edited by Jad068
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Danielle Isabella said:

You guys, I need to know.

Do Jo Young really like Myeong Seong-A like Jo Eun Sup like Myeong Na Ri?

It's confusing that part but I think her counterpart in the Kingdom likes the bodyguard but in the Republic it's reversed Eun-sap likes her there. It's a twisted and tangled game perhaps even double timing potential. JY might even get with them both leaving Eun-sap looking at thin air. I geninuely feel like this could happen and it's not even a theory but a mere possibility 

:lol:

We might get to see the Bodyguard doing them both in both worlds.. :joy:

BWgr.gif

• LOL 5

5 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Honestly I didn't believe what she said and kinda of looked past it. I mean how is it even possible what she said. We have already seen JY and his double bromancing each other 

There are many different types of parallel universe throughout books, films, TV, anime etc. Different author or writer has his or her own take. My thinking is that writer used Na-ri to explain her (writer's) definition of parallel universe. 

I think writer's purpose for JY and SU meeting together is for comedy effect and to show the chaos it creates if two same faces exist in same space and time. Therefore the gate must be closed to prevent two world colliding. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danielle Isabella said:

You guys, I need to know.

Do Jo Young really like Myeong Seong-A like Jo Eun Sup like Myeong Na Ri?

Not sure. Maybe he likes them both. When he described Nari, he was thinking of MSA. But he clearly only realized his budding feelings by being around Nari. I think he likes Nari's character though since she isn't like a fangirl like MSA. She treated him like a normal person. 

Just now, kboramint said:

I think they do. Why would he ask Nari if she likes him. 

I thought he did that to distract her cause he knows MSA is a fangirl and would've eat that up but Nari threw him off with her response. :joy:

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Tae Eul meets yoyo boy in Corea?

Looks like it! :O

There's another interesting moment as well when JTE is doing her voiceover at the start of ep8.  The editing split the screen between LR and his henchman in the bookstore on the right with the yoyo boy spliced in on the left of the screen.  During this, JTE's voiceover (according to Netflix captions) says, "At least at the moment when I sensed the transcendental power..." the image of LR & his henchman disappears leaving only the boy  onscreen and her voiceover continues "...that was trying to restore balance..."

LG has some back and forth with that LR lackey he and YG were interrogating, the lackey claimed they were restoring balance, but LG fired back (again per Netflix captions), "Only 'God' can restore that balance."

I've seen some speculation here that yoyo boy may be the Grim Reaper.  I was thinking the boy may be a god of fate or something.  However, LG's dialogue alongside JTE's ep8 opening voiceover may be suggesting the boy is God (Netflix capitalized that, not sure if the translation is accurate)?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 6

1 minute ago, Heretorant said:

I’m a huge LMH fan and take it from me, KGE is my favorite female lead up to date! And to those trolls, they should know LMH himself said she was the actress he most wanted to work with. 

KGE has such a fresh natural beauty. She also radiates! Her smile is bright and contagious. How can one not love her?

They are hardcore rude. It's really nice that there are LMH fans like you who think that way. I hope most of them think like you. 

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Moving forward, the thread is really moving fast, I bet at this rate, we'd reach a thousand pages when we reach the final episode. ^_________^

• Like 3
  • Love 5

As a true fans of LMH, I would say this. 

I love KGE. 

She is different. 

She has this natural beauty. Love it. And she is sexy :)

And even our boy always has this charming aura behind the set, like full of laughter/so easily to laugh, full consideration toward others (even to the crew) specially to his FL, but... he has this different gesture toward KGE. He also looks extra happy whenever around her. 

So, honestly I never expect the other artist to replace her role. They perfect to each other. 

And I love this show so much

But I also hope more more more screentime with our boy. 

I hope that is not much

:glasses:

• Like 7
  • Love 6

6 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

Therefore the gate must be closed to prevent two world colliding. 

Which asks the question. Will LG give up his crown to live in the ROK, or will Luna die and JTE live in KOC as queen?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, mamabear said:

This. The constant comment about the way she looks is pretty annoying honestly. Even so whenever haters say that her looks are not at par with her partner's looks. Like come on man, you are really going there? She is beautiful. She has the type of face that gets prettier the longer your stare at it. I know not all LMH fans are like that,  but I hope they'd stop blaming KGE about the way she looks and compare it with other former drama partners of LMH coz that is unfair. KGE deserves her role. The people behind the casting believe so that's why they chose her. 

I

I didn't see any Minoz blame KGE , and Knetz said these Goblin era KGE , I didn't watch Goblin but I saw comments so much that era 

And This couple receive so much love than I thought ,even though this couple's romance scene so little 

And If you look LMH's Ig ,couple pic is most liked pic so please let's don't start fanwar this forum, we lived 2 lover era:lol: this doesn't hurt me :lol: we are mature fandom mostly , KGE has crazy fan too.

• Love 3

22 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Uhmm but their love story is anything but extraordinary. I am probably a minority here who wishes this drama cuts back on its romance. 

@INeedAFan The reason it's not extraordinary is because the writing and directing it's not making it to be. The potential is there, but they have too much stuff to cover and unfortunately the Romance has to take a backseat and aside from taking a backseat, the moments they have it's not greatly executed either. aside from the kitchen scene, the kiss and the walk in the Bamboo forest. They have cute moments for sure, but those moments i listed are the most tender and vulnerable moments for the couple.

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Can I break the atmosphere in here? 

Just look at them, they’re so happy and cute! :love:

We should be happy and try to be half as cute as them :lol:

In the presscon, the part where LMH said he wished that KGE would call him Oppa and the MC asked KGE if she is going to call him Oppa right then, KGE refuse and gave the mic to WDH and said "maybe WDH will do it" and after that She gave the Mic to LMH and He said "I will make her"  and then when he describe that He likes her eyes, "they are very expressive" and the MC asked is it during filming or... and LMH said "of course during filming, it would be dangerous if it's not" Well.....what do you mean by dangerous there LMH?

I need to find that Video

And yes, i want them to date in Real Life. He had good Chemistry with PSH but i didn't really ship them in real life. Now i really want KGE and LMH to get together for real. Please dating rumor, please.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I think they do. Why would he ask Nari if she likes him. 

I think because JY knows Seung-A likes him. That's why he want to know if in this world (RoK) Na Ri is the one who likes him (as Eun Sup) or Eun Sup is the one who likes Na Ri.

So, we don't really sure if JY really likes Seung-A or not.

• Like 4

Whatever their rating is in SK, we international fans will support your drama. It is not all about the characters, it is all about the plot that makes the storyline exciting and worth watching.

waiting for  their 2nd kiss next ep.t4571.gif

atKHsvZ.gif

cr twitter

The King: Eternal Memes:D

lee gon meme

Spoiler

:love:

Spoiler

c as labeled

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

A little help here ...

After JTE says - "I love you" - as she opens the car door, LG says something that Netflix subs translates as -"ditto"

As I'm learning Korean (albeit slowly) I thought he said "me too" - but its definitely not "ditto"  ...... the King wouldn't say ditto.

Or did he? :unsure:

It reminded me of the scene in Ghost, when Patrick Swayze always replied "Ditto" instead of I Love You to Demi Moore. But in the end, Demi was the one to say Ditto when Patrick was finally leaving for the ever-after.

I hope this is not a foreboding...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4