[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

8 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Not sure. Maybe he likes them both. When he described Nari, he was thinking of MSA. But he clearly only realized his budding feelings by being around Nari. I think he likes Nari's character though since she isn't like a fangirl like MSA. She treated him like a normal person. 

I do realise JY described Na Ri, he was thinking of MSA by saying that she's beautiful and have beautiful eyes (refering to both Na Ri and MSA). That's make me thinking if JY actually likes MSA in the first place but never show it to everyone including us.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I didn't saw any Minoz blame KGE , and Knetz said these Goblin era KGE , I didn't watch Goblin but I saw comments so much that era 

And This couple receive so much love than I thought ,even though this couple's romance scene so little 

And If you look LMH's Ig ,couple pic is most liked pic so please let's start fanwar this forum, we lived 2 lover era:lol: this don't hurt me :lol: we are mature fandom mostly , KGE has crazy fan too.

I also never meet any minoz talking bad about KGE. 

Sure, some of them have their own favourite FL. Several of them even have a really hardcore option when it comes to FL of LMH. But I honestly never saw bad comment about her from my minoz friend. 

Me, ok. We, ok

Peace

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@INeedAFan The reason it's not extraordinary is because the writing and directing it's not making it to be. The potential is there, but they have too much stuff to cover and unfortunately the Romance has to take a backseat and aside from taking a backseat, the moments they have it's not greatly executed either. aside from the kitchen scene, the kiss and the walk in the Bamboo forest. They have cute moments for sure, but those moments i listed are the most tender and vulnerable moments for the couple.

In the presscon, the part where LMH said he wished that KGE would call him Oppa and the MC asked KGE if she is going to call him Oppa right then, KGE refuse and gave the mic to WDH and said "maybe WDH will do it" and after that She gave the Mic to LMH and He said "I will make her"  and then when he describe that He likes her eyes, "they are very expressive" and the MC asked is it during filming or... and LMH said "of course during filming, it would be dangerous if it's not" Well.....what do you mean by dangerous there LMH?

LMH can't handle it if KGE would to go that way. He already reacted so surprised when she said she liked handcuffing people. :joy:

I do like watching their other interview 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZazXB949YDE

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 minutes ago, Danielle Isabella said:

I think because JY knows Seung-A likes him. That's why he want to know if in this world (RoK) Na Ri is the one who likes him (as Eun Sup) or Eun Sup is the one who likes Na Ri.

So, we don't really sure if JY really likes Seung-A or not.

Eun-sap is in great denger of getting NTR'ed in his world and in the parallel one. I would feel sorry for him if it happened but I feel like it's gonna happen

• Sad 2

So does anyone here think its just weird how LG acted after the whole telling the LR minion he gives him a suicide order? Like LG just goes and has coffee or whatever with JTE and casually jokes and chat with her like nothing happened. 

--------------------------

Even though I dont think it'll happen, but it would be cool is their good gang of doppelgängers team up like the Scooby Gang complete with JY/ES, Nari/MSA, LG, and JTE to fight against LR!!:love:

SPOILER FOR EP 9

So I found this vid which has the filming of some scenes which I think are in ep. 9 since the background looks very similar to the ep.9 preview! Skip to timestamp 1:22!

Spoiler

So in the following part, I can't quite tell if that's JY or ES, because it seems like based on the clumsy running by JY/ES actor it could be ES there (look at right corner with guy in black suit; usually JY dresses differently from the other guards)?? Also shows WDH jumping in front so then Im not sure if its JY or ES there. 

Another Potential Doppelgänger

Speaking of doppelgängers, anyone noticed that girl in the far upper left corner at the stew restaurant in ep 8? Doesn't she look like the girl JTE bumped into while in KOC?

KOC

OZhtooA.jpg

ROK

bB4OOE0.jpg

Also I think Luna maybe makes a foreshadowing comment concerning marriage and weaknesses...Uh Oh maybe spelling out trouble for LG and JTE??

RVZKT4n.jpg

Does anyone ever notice the portal looks like part of it broke off?

Spoiler

CBZzlly.jpg

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 6

4 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:
31 minutes ago, mamabear said:

I didn't see any Minoz blame KGE , and Knetz said these Goblin era KGE , I didn't watch Goblin but I saw comments so much that era 

And This couple receive so much love than I thought ,even though this couple's romance scene so little 

And If you look LMH's Ig ,couple pic is most liked pic so please let's start fanwar this forum, we lived 2 lover era:lol: this don't hurt me :lol: we are mature fandom mostly , KGE has crazy fan too.

Saw lots of comments on Facebook, IG, YouTube criticizing her looks and some say they were LMH fans, but I agree with @Heretorant, these people are not real LMH fans. I visit LMH thread in this forum from time to time and I do not see comments against how KGE looks. That's why I wonder why those people blame KGE's looks being one of the reasons why the drama's rating did not meet expectations. 

Re: JY liking Nari, why do I feel like there will be a love triangle there? I feel for Seung-ah though, he really likes JY. I wonder how their story will play out.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cpt_falcon said:

I've seen some speculation here that yoyo boy may be the Grim Reaper.  I was thinking the boy may be a god of fate or something.  However, LG's dialogue alongside JTE's ep8 opening voiceover may be suggesting the boy is God (Netflix capitalized that, not sure if the translation is accurate)?

Yes, this has been speculated earlier. There might be two metaphors 

1. The boy himself - representation of GOD

2. The Yo-Yo - circle (round) with string held by boy. Each spin of circle represents each time loop. Time-loops only stops when the yo-yo is in boy's hand (god's hand). It's all within god's control. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

7 minutes ago, Jemrie said:

waiting for  their 2nd kiss next ep.t4571.gif

this gif above gave me so many butterflies inside stomach. 

It feels sooo romantic. Really like a fairy tale where the prince kiss the princess in the window. Their gesture is so uwuuu. Their chemistry spark

Btw, 

JTE's lips are moving guys. 

She is definitely not pasif anymore. 

Hahaha

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

this gif above gave me so many butterflies inside stomach. 

It feels sooo romantic. Really like a fairy tale where the prince kiss the princess in the window. Their gesture is so uwuuu. Their chemistry spark

Btw, 

JTE's lips are moving guys. 

She is definitely not pasif anymore. 

Hahaha

I feel like the second kiss won't be just a simple peck. Hoho pls KES, you've got to compensate us from the lack of skinship this week! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

25 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@INeedAFan The reason it's not extraordinary is because the writing and directing it's not making it to be. The potential is there, but they have too much stuff to cover and unfortunately the Romance has to take a backseat and aside from taking a backseat, the moments they have it's not greatly executed either. aside from the kitchen scene, the kiss and the walk in the Bamboo forest. They have cute moments for sure, but those moments i listed are the most tender and vulnerable moments for the couple.

In the presscon, the part where LMH said he wished that KGE would call him Oppa and the MC asked KGE if she is going to call him Oppa right then, KGE refuse and gave the mic to WDH and said "maybe WDH will do it" and after that She gave the Mic to LMH and He said "I will make her"  and then when he describe that He likes her eyes, "they are very expressive" and the MC asked is it during filming or... and LMH said "of course during filming, it would be dangerous if it's not" Well.....what do you mean by dangerous there LMH?

I need to find that Video

And yes, i want them to date in Real Life. He had good Chemistry with PSH but i didn't really ship them in real life. Now i really want KGE and LMH to get together for real. Please dating rumor, please.

Yes, agree, their love story has potential to be extraordinary. No, scratch that. IT WILL BE EXTRAORDINARY! Coming soon. Lol.

Hahahaha. He totally said that! I caught it too! Oh man, why does he make it so easy to ship them? And just so we all know, lmh is polite so he will always speak fondly of his costars BUT he is not one to be extra generous with fan service when it comes to shippers. This, THIS, is unusual! To give this much “fan service” to feed shippers makes me feel like it’s not for marketing purposes. He describes KGE in as attractive and openly admits she is the actress he wanted to work with most. He’s never said this about any of his past costars so he must be genuine when he said it. And c’mon, isn’t it obvious he’s so smitten by her behind the scenes. I know his personality, he laughs a lot and is usually close to his costars but THIS close is on another level. He’s so smitten, he can barely keep a straight face around her. Hahaha and suddenly I realize I’m in the wrong thread. @scrawford you need to come join us in the shipper’s thread. Lol. 

I know I sound delulu BUT keep in mind, I have never shipped any couple before in all my years of loving Korean Dramas. The way they interact with each other is just special. They seem comfortable yet shy at the same time. They can’t stop laughing and they’re extra touchy. And the way they stare at each other and smile. Ok, I’m going to stop because I sound more delusional as I continue :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, mamabear said:

I feel like the second kiss won't be just a simple peck. Hoho pls KES, you've got to compensate us from the lack of skinship this week! 

I second this. She should go all out and even give us way over the top skinship.. A bed scene please 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, mamabear said:

Saw lots of comments on Facebook, IG, YouTube criticizing her looks and some say they were LMH fans, but I agree with @Heretorant, these people are not real LMH fans. I visit LMH thread in this forum from time to time and I do not see comments against how KGE looks. That's why I wonder why those people blame KGE's looks being one of the reasons why the drama's rating did not meet expectations. 

If you walk around so much for sure you see:lol: I see in IG Goblin fans but I don't care and I ignore them, LMH receives so much hate, just we sould learn to ignore them 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Heilo said:

I second this. She should go all out war and even give us way over the top skinship.. A bed scene please 

+1! Haha like grab the hair, pull the neck kiss. You might find me in the gutter if that happens lol. Has LMH ever done a bed scene before? If not, it's high time he does one! This drama will be a good start :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

3 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, agree, their love story has potential to be extraordinary. No, scratch that. IT WILL BE EXTRAORDINARY! Coming soon. Lol.

Hahahaha. He totally said that! I caught it too! Oh man, why does he make it so easy to ship them? And just so we all know, lmh is polite so he will always speak fondly of his costars BUT he is not one to be extra generous with fan service when it comes to shippers. This, THIS, is unusual! To give this much “fan service” to feed shippers makes me feel like it’s not for marketing purposes. He describes KGE in as attractive and openly admits she is the actress he wanted to work with most. He’s never said this about any of his past costars so he must be genuine when he said it. And c’mon, isn’t it obvious he’s so smitten by her behind the scenes. I know his personality, he laughs a lot and is usually close to his costars but THIS close is on another level. He’s so smitten, he can barely keep a straight face around her. Hahaha and suddenly I realize I’m in the wrong thread. @scrawford you need to come join us in the shipper’s thread. Lol. 

I'll be there!!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mamabear said:

+1! Haha like grab the hair, pull the neck kiss. You may find me in the gutter if that happens lol. Has LMH ever done a bed scene before? If not, it's high time he does one! This drama will be a good start :joy:

Preach. They can go the extra mile you know. Sweaty scenes and the clothes just comes off somehow :joy:

• LOL 10

39 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I don’t consider those as lmh’s true fans, they’re just trolls or shippers of other ships. True fans support and will want this drama to succeed. I see some claiming they are fans but wishing it would fail just because of the paring. That’s not a fan. 

I’m a huge LMH fan and take it from me, KGE is my favorite female lead up to date! And to those trolls, they should know LMH himself said she was the actress he most wanted to work with. 

KGE has such a fresh natural beauty. She also radiates! Her smile is bright and contagious. How can one not love her? 

If I could bookmark this comment I would. THIS. LOUDER please! I am already anxious about the plot and the way it's unfolding (in a good way) and then we see these haters take their unnecessary comments just because they can't see past their own preferences? Life is too short. and they're definitely not real fans if they act that way! But I am also very happy to read such comments as yours. Very happy that we have a lot of LMH fans who love KGE as much as we do. We carry on!! :wub: 

8875e57fe6d63787e0a9a8f72f9b45a97cf93808

src

ec11432a21e5876801c6895c13d70544f7bc45a2

1 hour ago, mamabear said:

As for the rating, I am not expecting it to go over 2 digits anymore. We are way past that chance. Unless more viewers will watch from episode 1 until 8 to keep up with the story, then it may be possible. Nevertheless, I know that it will be able to maintain its current rating since it has established regular viewers already. 

I am very much sure that LMH will be able to show us good fight scenes and more emotional scenes where he can showcase his acting prowess. I can't wait to see that. 

If I may just add, for me the HL of the episode last night was the last scene. Kudos to JY and SJ for showing us a realistic fight scene. The confrontation between LG and SJ is amazing! That was one hell of an ending! 

Agree! All these talks about the ratings are making my head hurt but I guess the important thing to  note here is that we're seeing TKEM trend as #1 (or at least part of the top 10) in most Asian countries. It's consistently 1 in SEA countries and that's a good sign. It's also beginning to gain more viewers now that the plot is slowly piecing itself together. Let's hope for the best!! My sincere wish is for this drama to be truly recognized by its unique writing and beautiful execution. Interestingly enough, I'm seeing a lot of non kdrama friends watching this for the plot (and eventually the wonderful acting) and I think that's a good sign! :wub:

Also, wow I love all the memes + cute bts gifs. We just can't get enough of all of them! 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Which asks the question. Will LG give up his crown to live in the ROK, or will Luna die and JTE live in KOC as queen?

This is what I wrote last week before ep 8. "It can't be RoK, but can it be Corea? Or that La La Land  where tree with yellow canopy and beautiful flowers blossom? Or is it like Alice In Wonderland where at the end, we awake with a start from the fantasy world and find ourselves dropped back into "real life", which means King and JTE lives on each of their own respective world and not together. Don't know what's in store for us by this writer." 

After ep 8, I am thinking that JTE will be staying in Corea because gate will be closed before she can even make it to cross. Gate closes when SJ dies for King and JTE by killing LR and bring the other half of flute to LG.  I am predicting 1) SJ is a dark knight and 2) a sad but happy ending. :) 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

This, THIS, is unusual! To give this much “fan service” to feed shippers makes me feel like it’s not for marketing purposes.

But LMH changed after military, once he updated so little but after he return he started to update so many pics.

• LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

Just now, leeminhosny said:

But LMH changed after military, once he updated so little but after he return he started to update so many pics.

Hahahaha let me be delusional for a second :lol::lol::lol: I’m having fun with the idea. He needs to date and get married lol. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4