[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hahahaha. He totally said that! I caught it too! Oh man, why does he make it so easy to ship them? And just so we all know, lmh is polite so he will always speak fondly of his costars BUT he is not one to be extra generous with fan service when it comes to shippers. This, THIS, is unusual! To give this much “fan service” to feed shippers makes me feel like it’s not for marketing purposes. He describes KGE in as attractive and openly admits she is the actress he wanted to work with most. He’s never said this about any of his past costars so he must be genuine when he said it. And c’mon, isn’t it obvious he’s so smitten by her behind the scenes. I know his personality, he laughs a lot and is usually close to his costars but THIS close is on another level. He’s so smitten, he can barely keep a straight face around her. Hahaha and suddenly I realize I’m in the wrong thread. @scrawford you need to come join us in the shipper’s thread. Lol. 

I know I sound delulu BUT keep in mind, I have never shipped any couple before in all my years of loving Korean Dramas. The way they interact with each other is just special. They seem comfortable yet shy at the same time. They can’t stop laughing and they’re extra touchy. And the way they stare at each other and smile. Ok, I’m going to stop because I sound more delusional as I continue :lol:

I hope you post this too to shipper's thread lol. If I could give 1Million reactions to this there, I would. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hahahaha let me be delusional for a second :lol::lol::lol: I’m having fun with the idea. He needs to date and get married lol. 

Just I am so realist person,:lol: I can't dream , my last dream was for kitchen scene along 3 days and PD ruined , he passed quickly:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

5 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

After ep 8, I am thinking that JTE will be staying in Corea because gate will be closed before she can even make it to cross. Gate closes when SJ dies for King and JTE by killing LR and bring the other half of flute to LG.  I am predicting 1) SJ is a dark knight and 2) a sad but happy ending. :) 

SJ just screams sob story and the sacrifice needed. He might do it for JTE, for his real mother's sin for helping LR, for his enabling his adopted mother's sin, for his King.... a lot of things. Just thinking about it already makes me sad. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

LMH can't handle it if KGE would to go that way. He already reacted so surprised when she said she liked handcuffing people. :joy:

I do like watching their other interview 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZazXB949YDE

:blink: you gave his reaction a whole new meaning :lol:. Are you perhaps suggesting his mind was in the gutter? :lol: I’m slow so I didn’t catch this the first time but I think you may be on to something :lol::lol::lol:

————————————

Did someone ask if lmh ever did a bed scene? This is the closest thing to a bed scene he’s done. Watch out for his tongue :lol:

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 1

i need to re watch and spend twice concentration to watch this again coz honestly i really don't get the whole story of this drama at all.... the murders... why? so i will according o Na Ri said that the universe has to be in balance so the other doppelganger must destroyed.

Lee Lim what is he's going to do? why he keep delaying the second coup? he did painting in temple for what? is there something important with the new color he apply? and if he knew Lee Gon is out of their world why he didn't do the coup that time? isn't he know well that the palace is empty and its very easy to do the coup  then destroy the pararel worl's gate? instead doing that he just go to take his umbrella....am I missing a lot in this drama?... the old prince where does he stand why so many mystery unsolved... the plot is too heavy and romance is too little, its really not like KES cliche or am I wrong?

and how these Corea's people end up to be in Republic Korea world? who is helping them? Lee Lim? or Luna? What is her motive as she said she has a lot of money but she seems to be gentle to the little kid, I don't think Lee Lim and Luna work together. and who sent the newspaper to PM Koo? 

About KGE I see many bashing her, but why? she act good I never compare her in this drama with her in Goblin, its 2 different people for me. 

I really need to spend more time and concentration to rewatch this, I really had no idea about the story line

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

It reminded me of the scene in Ghost, when Patrick Swayze always replied "Ditto" instead of I Love You to Demi Moore. But in the end, Demi was the one to say Ditto when Patrick was finally leaving for the ever-after.

I hope this is not a foreboding...

Lmao. You recalled a nostalgia love that movie. I loved the way it was excuted flat out sometimes less is more romantic than more and the ditto part

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Марина Капралова said:

Как части флейты? 

I don't know Russian but I google translate.

So if I assume you're asking how the flute was cut?

LG cut the flute in half when he was young. LR held the flute up to protect himself from the sword when LR tried to strike him.

I'm sorry if it's not perfect translation

JY : Why little kid come here?

SJ : i already know 

JTE : i pretend that i'm ok but actually not

Court lady noh : cannot hear clear. Something about cry

NR : now ES look suspicious isn't he?

LG : now the problem started getting connected. I know now, you will beheaded

VO : LR is alive and have the exact same face

PM : arent't the king going to get married?

JTE : Now we don't have much time

LG : can't you stay in my universe with me?

Probably anyone have better korean can help 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Logically speaking, what you said make sense. They could have save her in time when she cut herself. 

However if she is always cutting herself, I don't think she has the freedom to go out of the house because they will never know if she will try other ways to die?

I do need to rewatch it. Lol. I think there are no guards inside the house with her unless LR unlock and enter the house?

Else why would she say she won't die, she can't die? They will always bring her back to life again?

I guess she wanted to commit suicide due to chosing money over her kid and life she had. She lived a lie in my opinion and LL has reduced her freedom into prison. She has basically been his prisoner for the last 25 years but did they revive her or can LL go back in time as well to prevent her suicide? seems like she tried to kill herself more than once 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

so i will according o Na Ri said that the universe has to be in balance so the other doppelganger must destroyed.

No, only when two worlds (universes) collide and people with same faces meet. To keep in balance, two parallel universes must not meet. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Did someone ask if lmh ever did a bed scene? This is the closest thing to a bed scene he’s done. Watch out for his tongue :lol:

Hahaha KES, can you, for once, forget about being too wholesome and let LMH do this kind of kiss scene plus bed scene in TKEM? :joy:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

i need to re watch and spend twice concentration to watch this again coz honestly i really don't get the whole story of this drama at all.... the murders... why? so i will according o Na Ri said that the universe has to be in balance so the other doppelganger must destroyed.

Lee Lim what is he's going to do? why he keep delaying the second coup? he did painting in temple for what? is there something important with the new color he apply? and if he knew Lee Gon is out of their world why he didn't do the coup that time? isn't he know well that the palace is empty and its very easy to do the coup  then destroy the pararel worl's gate? instead doing that he just go to take his umbrella....am I missing a lot in this drama?... the old prince where does he stand why so many mystery unsolved... the plot is too heavy and romance is too little, its really not like KES cliche or am I wrong?

and how these Corea's people end up to be in Republic Korea world? who is helping them? Lee Lim? or Luna? What is her motive as she said she has a lot of money but she seems to be gentle to the little kid, I don't think Lee Lim and Luna work together. and who sent the newspaper to PM Koo? 

About KGE I see many bashing her, but why? she act good I never compare her in this drama with her in Goblin, its 2 different people for me. 

I really need to spend more time and concentration to rewatch this, I really had no idea about the story line

He wants to rule both worlds. He knew the flute would allow him to travel between worlds so he wanted to get the flute. Him painting the temple is just him signifying putting his history in that place and time. He didn't do a coup as you suggested since he's been slowly gathering people and replacing people inbetween both worlds. Even if he knew LG crossed the gate and left COR, he knew LG would return to COR so he's not rushing with his plan. He's been working on his plan already for 20+ years. He has no plans to destroy the gate since he wants to rule both worlds. The umbrella lets him cross the gate because it's the flute, well half the flute since LG has the other half, his whip. 

The old prince sides with LG, but he didn't have enough evidence to bring to LG about LR's "dead body" so he kept the secret, but he later on revealed the forensics to LG so LG knew for sure LR is still alive. 

You're right this kdrama is very plot heavy, that's why some of us complain over lack of screens for some of our favorite characters. 

As I've said in paragraph 1, LR had been replacing people in both worlds so he cna have powerful people who work for him in both worlds. Luna has no real motive except to survive just like any poverty stricken people, but LR is going to bribe her with money to get her on his side. She does treat kids nice though. I think she hates the adult world with all its rules and the fact she's suffering in this COR society. She isn't rich. She just tells the kid that to reassure him. She steals money to survive. 

LR is probably the one sending PM the newspaper. He knows her mother so he probably used her address. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I really want to LMH in action drama looks like City Hunter when I watched last screen , last screen is best , his voice, My God

Writer used LMH for CF in this drama 

Just wait till they show the sword fighting scenes! It is like Faith sigh

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, mamabear said:

Hahaha KES, can you, for once, forget about being too wholesome and let LMH do this kind of kiss scene plus bed scene in TKEM? :joy:

I don't watch a lot K-drama, but for few that I watched I found the intimate scene unnaturally prudent. Who wear full-on cloth to bed? or taking shower with towel on? I thought that's because the strict media rating system in Korea. Then some years ago, we went to Handmaiden's North America screening, it totally changed our view of Korean actors. :wub:

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Are there any theories that ROK and KOC are merging into one world?  Remember what Nari said about dopplegangers and that they have to kill them because  only one can exist? There can only be one world? But then again, she does seem to be wearing a foil hat. NASA is hiding aliens?

This theory is hard to digest for me because Lee Lim has been transfering people all over the place for the last 25 years nobody get sick or anything by seeing each other? As someone also mentioned up JY double saw himself and nothing happened. JTE double will also eventually meet 

• Like 2

I shouldn't said this but I really like Luna aside from TE. Wait, don't give me that look. I mean I like how these two different people and their slightly layered characters. Where Luna represents evil and TE represents good. I didn't mean Luna is completely worse. She is villain but I feel like there's a tiny human heart of her which keeps trying to stop rotting from inside. KGE is one of the top notches in acting field. She makes TE and Luna differs in terms of  complex emotions. We see how cool TE to be this brave and rightous cops. And I'm also liking how psycho Luna is. She's brutally hitting that man, the one who betrays her.

So the question raises from here. Luna hasn't worked with LR before. LR barely knows about her and plan to meet her for a deal. So why did Luna bait LG in the first place, showing him to the other world? Did someone ask her to do so? Who? She's been in jail. How could she appears in front of TE's rear view?? Or it's just how TE feels something is off just like how SR see the reflection of her other self on the tv screen? From what I've seen, SR told Luna about TE who just look like her, perhaps her twins. Okay, I feel quite glad that she thinks this way. Lol. And Luna seems pretty clueless of it. Or she just pretends to be so. Anyway.... this lead to this crazy idea that actually she's the one who comes from Korea but because of LR's did, just like what he did to SJ probably, and switches to TE?? Does this make sense? Well, not sure. But knowing TE's mom died of sickness leaves me the interpretation of that. 

As these two worlds are mixing up and more people are switched places between Corea and Korea. It's pretty sad for our couple, both are determined to stop LR from creating more chaos and problems in both worlds. If the door between the world is finally destroyed, if that's the only way left, then how could they meet later on? How is the writer gonna solve this?? Nooo, that's not my thing! Well, I hope it's not like this. 

As how LR claimed to be like a god and the same thought is believed by most of his followers, I agreed to LG said that only god makes balance but what they did are murders. LR isn't god!! He's just a psycho scumbag who covets something that isn't his. This way he might be the representative of a devil. That's him. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Just wait till they show the sword fighting scenes! It is like Faith sigh

I can’t wait! It might come next week. 

I crave a little bit of Choi Young in Lee Gon. I see glimpses of him here and there but I want more please! :wub:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

I don't watch a lot K-drama, but for few that I watched I found the intimate scene unnaturally prudent. Who wear full-on cloth to bed? or taking shower with towel on? I thought that's because the strict media rating system in Korea. Then some years ago, we went to Handmaiden's North America screening, it totally changed our view of Korean actors. :wub:

Haha I just wonder how they would pull this off knowing KES, the most mature kiss scenes amongst all her dramas was in Secret Garden. Not sure if there were even implied bed scenes. I just hope at this point of her life, she finally decided to let go of all her inhibitions and show us what she got in these kinds of scenes. LOL. 

But seriously, more skinship on the remaining 8 episodes pleassseee...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3